Bold draft predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Bold draft predictions

BB is gonna do something to make us say who dat what dat. Here's your chance to predict it ahead of time and have it documented. So whats your What The??????? Draft Prediction? And please no, he trades some picks down or to next year. That would not be a big surprise. Mine is: He picks one of the following three guys:

1)Kyle Rudolph-With pick 2A,Crumpler is heading out soon-He can block & catch-Dont bet against it.

2)Prince Mookiemookie - if he falls to us I have little doubt BB would snap him up

3)Robert Quinn- If he is still there at 10,BB could go up and get him dont doubt it

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Bold draft predictions

1.  I've mentioned previously on a thread or two,  2.  Would be a steal, IMO and agree that he'd draft him in a second at 17 and no chance on 3 (again, my opinion only).  Too much risk moving up to the top 10 for a positional convert with character questions that didn't play last year.

If I'm to choose something else, it would be that he moves up to target the artist fromerly known as the Nebraska CB around the top 10 vs. taking him if he falls to 17.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I really like Quinn. You can't coach natural talent.

But he does have lots of red flags.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I'm in Milwaukee and would to see J.J. Watts in a Pats uniform. Might be crazy, but as much as we need to beef up the Oline, maybe we can plug those holes through free agency if there is quality out there to be had.

As much as I look the Green Ellis/Woodhead combo, I'd love to see Ingram in a Pats uniformand wouldn't be surprised to see BB pull a fast one on us and do the unexpected and draft Ingram. We've lacked a quality hard hitting back since Corey Dillon's big year. Put a hard hitting back in like Ingram and it adds another weapon to keep defenses back on thier heals and away from Brady, and Ingram is suppose to be a good blocking back as well.   

Just my thoughts.

Hetchinspete.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Here's MY bold prediction: 

At LEAST 2 of New England's Top 3 Selections @ #17, #28, and #33 overall, WILL be traded down, and into Both Multiple later round selections and/or Multiple Later Selections (or later round) along with A selection further down and a future pick.  Further:  He'll ONLY keep a single 1 of these selections, of which he'll either stay put/trade up just a couple spots/OR (and imo) he just might trade down just a couple spots, making it 3 tradedowns (2 substantial ones though).  Whichever this single pick is, and whereever it is {still in Rd 1 (or less likely, very early Rd 2)}, it will be spent on an O-Lineman, and less likely-An RB...UNLESS 1 single player slips to him (or close enough to his range of say 2-4 selectionns spots):  Cameron Jordan.  IF no Jordan (or whatever the result with these 3 picks), 2 of however many 2nd Rders Belichick has when all's said and done, WILL be spent on WR and D-Lineman.

Chances are each and all of these things will come true, and I'll be hailed as a Genius.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

I said Bold predictions. Lets try to stay with surporising picks. Belichick trading down is not a bold prediction...give me some surprising names.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Bold draft predictions:
    I said Bold predictions. Lets try to stay with surporising picks. Belichick trading down is not a bold prediction...give me some surprising names.
    Posted by tenacioust

Did ya even read the whole thing...I mean, I thought I was pretty d#mn specific on ALL the scenarios that'll happen.  Sheez, wad'dya need a selection number and the time of day too?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

BB moves up to grab a sliding Da'Quan Bowers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Pats trade up and grab Jake Locker..... yes that is bold! haha

otherwise - move up to grab Patrick Peterson - the Pats do not need another DB as much as a pass rushing OLB/DE or OT - but DB is bold look at last year...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'll take your route and do 3 bold predictions that I don't think will happen but there is the possibility.

#1 - At 33 BB takes Colin Kaepernick QB

#2 - They take Castonzo at #17 T, trade up to #21 to get Pouncey G/C, use #33 on Danny Watkins G, and finally #74 on James Carpenter T/G

#3 - they use pick #60 on Darius Morris G/T

How's that for bold predictions

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

the strike is killing the Pats because I really thought if Az could land Kolb they would have traded out of the five spot and maybe we could have moved up for a shot at Miller. I also thought Shanahan might take a shot with Vince Young and trade down out of the ten spot for multi picks to help oline. Wouldn't it be the balls if we could move up not just once but twice to land Miller and Julio Jones. Now that would be a draft
    Posted by pumpsiefan

We'd have to spend a lot to move up to pick #5 and I don't even think we'd have enough ammo to get two top 10 picks lol

But that would be something else to come out of the draft with pretty much only Jones and Miller. That would be really shocked and against BB's nature

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kickwax. Show kickwax's posts

They will trade all of their picks in this years draft and all 2nd and later round picks in next years draft.  Thru various packaging they will end up with 5 tickets in the Andrew Luck lottery.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Here is a prediction. The Sox sweep the Yankees & A ROID gets a season ending injury.

Seriously I will predict that BB Trades 17& our 3rd for a pick around 10 for either Quinn, Bowers, or Jordan.
    Trade pick 28 to SD For picks 50 & 61.
    Then with picks
    33 Draft Torrey Smith WR
    50 Draft Ijalana ,Winsniewski or Cannon
    60 Draft Demarco Murray
    61 Jabaal Sheard , Sam Acho or Bruce Carter.

How can I get this to BB?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I really like Quinn. You can't coach natural talent. But he does have lots of red flags.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

What are the many red flags?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Bold?  Pass rusher and o lineman with two first rounders.  Smart, not bold.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed.  Being "bold" is trading up and getting a coveted, high impact need. Who that is, not so sure since BB has multiple needs.  That's my only predicition in this year's draft.

I am not convinced there is a player he would feel is worth trading up for.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Bold draft predictions : What are the many red flags?
    Posted by BBReigns

Positional convert, didn't play in 2010, character concerns.  Not really things you want from a player that you likely have to move up for.

Additionally and as far as sack statistics go, of his 11 sacks in 2009, 1 came against BC/Castonzo, the other 10 were sprinkled over Duke, Georgia Southern, Citadel, East Carolina and Virginia (3-9), not exactly dominating elite competition.  Now I'm not sure what kind of scheme was in place of if he was the subject to double teams in the rest of his games but that atleast has to be considered. 

Overall I think the kid has as much natural talent as anyone in this class and can probably be as good as he wants to be, but he's by no means a sure thing, IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Character concerns with Quinn?  That's a new one.  Like what?  He's the best pass rusher in the draft. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I disagree as well.  Any kid able to fight through cancer and still perform at a high level, with that kind of size and pass rushing ability, as well the ability to break off into coverage, that's rare.

I dont' see any character concerns unless we are talking about the self righteous NCAA all of a sudden pretending poor, black kids just started taking money from agents in 2010.

Sorry, wasn't born last night.

Every single talented poor kid to come through college has likely taken "gifts" from an agent.

Old news and not really a character concern to me at all.

The NCAA is a phony and only pretending to show they are cracking down with this stuff, likely to appease the government.

But, I wasn't born last night. I'd bet the % is very high for players taking gifts from agents, whether it was 1985 or 2005.

Or today.

I don't blame a poor kid for wanting to take care of his parents.  I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't accept the gifts if I was in their position.

Not this!

Arrest him!

"As a junior in 2010 Quinn didn't play any games after he was ruled ineligible by the NCAA for lying to investigators about receiving travel accommodations and jewelry.[6]"

As for him not playing....Gronkowski didn't play his Sr year and he had a serious injury.

Quinn is a great fit across the board for a 3-4 OLB, IMO. I'd love it if he dropped to 17,  but I doubt it.

I put a lot more stock into surviving cancer than I do taking a hotel reservation from an agent.

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120508aae.html

Also, if you want an elephant prototype in a 3-4, a la McGinest, he is it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Your rationale is skewed in that you have nothing to lose by talking the kid up and blaming this solely on the NCAA, you're not the head of an organization or personnel director that could lose his job over taking a questionable kid that high in the draft. "hey other kids have done it, why can't he?", play the race card or give a free pass if you want but, simply put, the kid made a stupid decision, then lied about it so his character will be called into question.

Also, Gronkowski was taken in Rd 2, not the top 10-15, a big difference in risk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed on the round difference even though Gronkowski's situation is more serious due to health, but you are out of your mind if you think there is only a small % of kids taking a gift from an agent at any time in the last few decades in the NFL draft.

I would bet close to 80% of 1st rd draft picks in the last 30-40 years have taken some version of a "gift" from an agent and it didn't stop them from drafting that player.  It may even be higher.

I hope Quinn falls to 17, but there is no way that many teams pass on a once in a decade edge rushing talent like that.

Singling out Quinn because he went to a school that was made an example of during this recent push as the phony NCAA tries to get away with knowing about this for 50 years is hilarious.

When the NCAA comes down from it's high horse, puts in rules and regulations and then enforces the punishments fairly across the board, then I'll care.

Until then, all they are doing is trying to take pressure off themselves as a corporate entity.  They'll deny that, but they are full of it.

Until then, it's as phony and corrupt an organization as we'll find in this country.

I can only imagine the gifts Lawrence Taylor received.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

You said bold so here goes:
    Pats Trade #33 and #74 pick to Clevland and snag CB Patrick Peterson at # 6
    Pats Trade our #60, #92, #125 to Washington and snag RE JJ Watt
    Pats Keep #17 and get the new LOLB Ryan Kerrigan
    Pats Keep #28 and get the new LT Nate Solder or Mark Ingram if availible

and who cares about the rest of the picks.

That would be my dream draft
    Just my opinion, that and 2 bucks will get you a coffee

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Agreed on the round difference even though Gronkowski's situation is more serious due to health, but you are out of your mind if you think there is only a small % of kids taking a gift from an agent at any time in the last few decades in the NFL draft. I would bet close to 80% of 1st rd draft picks in the last 30-40 years have taken some version of a "gift" from an agent and it didn't stop them from drafting that player.  It may even be higher. I hope Quinn falls to 17, but there is no way that many teams pass on a once in a decade edge rushing talent like that. Singling out Quinn because he went to a school that was made an example of during this recent push as the phony NCAA tries to get away with knowing about this for 50 years is hilarious. When the NCAA comes down from it's high horse, puts in rules and regulations and then enforces the punishments fairly across the board, then I'll care. Until then, all they are doing is trying to take pressure off themselves as a corporate entity.  They'll deny that, but they are full of it. Until then, it's as phony and corrupt an organization as we'll find in this country. I can only imagine the gifts Lawrence Taylor received.
    Posted by BBReigns

I never mentioned any percentage because I don't know.  You can speculate as much as you want about 80%, but you don't know either.  I'm also not naive enough to think that there is no corruption in the NCAA/major college sports, there's simply too much money at stake for there not to be.  That still doesn't take away from the fact that this kid participated in said corruption then lied about it.  Again, not saying he's a bad kid, but unfortunately for him, it's a red flag on his record and will be looked into plenty by prospective teams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That's fair.   I just don't think it's uncommon nor is it a red flag considering this stuff has been going on since we both were born.

I see bad attitude, lack of passion/desire, work ethic, etc, as a red flag. Not taking a hotel reservation during spring break.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts