Bold Prediction of the Week

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Bold Prediction of the Week

Given the improvements in receivers, you'd expect more passing TDs than last year, but this will also depend on how they utilize the running game and how the defense plays.  If they end up running more in the redzone, some of the scoring may be on the ground instead of in the air.  And if the defense plays better, they may end up finding themselves well ahead in the fourth quarter and switch over to a ball control approach which could actually reduce scoring.  

So there are a lot of variables besides the better receiving corp.  Still, I'd guess somewhere around 40 TD passes by Brady, with 50 an outside possibility.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Bold Prediction of the Week:
    Brady will flirt with 50 TD passes this season (48).
    Posted by ricky12684

I opened the thread thinking you were going to make fun of another rex ryan SB prediction. Voted anyway.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Bold Prediction of the Week:
    I predict the Patriots will get caught cheating again this season. Tom Brady will get taken out in game 3 with a season ending injury, as a result of Karma. 
    Posted by ManningRules

Listen, if you're going to be a troll, you've got to do it smarter than this. You can't just come in at 8:00 in the morning and go...duh duh...Brady stupid..duh duh. I mean play along a little...due a subtle dig, etc. Engage some people in conversation - think about it, you took the time to open an account and get yourself a cute little avatar. And then you act as if this is just something you're doing while your mom is outside filling up the kiddy pool for you. It's embarrassing, it really is.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Is it as embarrassing as getting a safety on the first play of the SB?  
    Posted by ManningRules

You got a LOT of work to do, son.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Chandler Jones will play a similar role that Aldon Smith did for 49ers his rookie year and will accumulate 10+ sacks, despite not being a starter until week 7. Hightower/Spikes will cause 6-8 fumbles. Both Jones and Hightower will finish in the top five for defensive ROY.

Brady will pass for 40+ TDs. Nothing new there.

The Patriot D will finish in the top ten for points allowed (15th last year).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Jones and Bequette will combine for 20+ sacks this season, much like Carter/ Anderson from last season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I like the touchdown prediction.  Take an unstoppable passing offense and superpower it with a deep threat -- what do you expect will happen?

Koppen goes this week.  Thanks, Dan.

I can't see 20+ sacks from just two players.  BB mixes things up more than that, and he has the extra horses in Hightower, Cunningham and occasionally Kyle Arrington.  In any case Jones's other purpose is to tip balls -- he already got a finger on one of Brady's tosses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brady will throw 35 TDs because Stevan will run the ball effectively. Stevan is the first explosive running back we've seen in the Belichick era, he's going to steal some TDs from Tom. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Bold Prediction of the Week:
    Brady will flirt with 50 TD passes this season (48).
    Posted by ricky12684

It all depends on what kind of protection Brady gets from his OL.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

ManningRules, asked if its embarassing taking a safety on the first play of the SB. Well, at leat TB and the Pats made it to the SB....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Bold Prediction of the Week : Listen, if you're going to be a troll, you've got to do it smarter than this. You can't just come in at 8:00 in the morning and go...duh duh...Brady stupid..duh duh. I mean play along a little...due a subtle dig, etc. Engage some people in conversation - think about it, you took the time to open an account and get yourself a cute little avatar. And then you act as if this is just something you're doing while your mom is outside filling up the kiddy pool for you. It's embarrassing, it really is.
    Posted by mthurl

+1

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'm pretty surprised at the number of people voting for 40+ TD's from Brady this coming season.  He's only done it once.  Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers etc. are all QB's who throw a lot and they've only done it once as well.  There are a lot of things that have to happen to reach 40 TD's.  Although this is a bold prediction thread so I guess that's pretty damn bold...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

I'm pretty surprised at the number of people voting for 40+ TD's from Brady this coming season.  He's only done it once.  Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers etc. are all QB's who throw a lot and they've only done it once as well.  There are a lot of things that have to happen to reach 40 TD's.  Although this is a bold prediction thread so I guess that's pretty damn bold...
    Posted by pcmIV

Well, Brady did have 39 last year and could easily have had 40--think of the lateral to Gronkwoski that was a yard from being a forward pass.  I think Hernandez dropped a sure touchdown pass also.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Brady will throw 35 TDs because Stevan will run the ball effectively. Stevan is the first explosive running back we've seen in the Belichick era, he's going to steal some TDs from Tom. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Let us hope.  This would help the Pats so much going forward.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Bold Prediction of the Week : As did my team. Guess who won....
    Posted by ManningRules

This board was so nice for a few months without you Jints!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think he gets more than 50

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Bolder Prediction 54 - 56 TD passes.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts