Bold Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Bold Predictions

You know the NFL pregame segment called Bold Predictions? They make a bold prediction about the upcoming game or weekend.

Lets do a thread for the upcoming season and off season. Talk about draft, signings, who makes the SB, who set records? Don't want to get to involved with discussing the merits or stupidity  of each, maybe respond if you really like it or have a slight variation on the posters prediction.

The lithmus test for events, personal achivements, team achievments are they have never happened or happend only once or twice before. Drafts / trades are good if they totally go against conventional wisdom. a sentence to why you think this will happen is optional but encouraged.

So I will start:

Since the NFC East is playing the NFC West next season I predict the winner of the NFC East will be under .500. OK, not too much of a stretch except it has only happened once for a full season before.

(supposed to make far out predictions so this is borderline but has happened only once before so it meets the criteria)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Bold Predictions

Buffalo gets their act together is the biggest challenge to the Pats in the division and makes the playoffs as a WC. (They have had the personnel for years, they finally string it together)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Bill Belichick drafts some player that everyone feels is a reach. Rusty immediately claims that BB is a genius with his drafting and is so far ahead of everyone else. Babe freaks out about the pick and states that this proves once and for all that BB has lost it and can't be trusted with buying the groceries...

(I know, this isn't really bold, but it's my prediction)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Bill Belichick drafts some player that everyone feels is a reach. Rusty immediately claims that BB is a genius with his drafting and is so far ahead of everyone else. Babe freaks out about the pick and states that this proves once and for all that BB has lost it and can't be trusted with buying the groceries...

(I know, this isn't really bold, but it's my prediction)

Ha, bold would be thay actually agree on the draft!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A BOLD prediction:

With the window closing on TB, the Pats make a deal with Atlanta to get Tony Gonzalez here to team with Gronk and create the two-headed TE monster again.  He has shown he can still bring it and simply wants to be on a REAL contender to get that elusive ring.  What would the Pats give up?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Bold prediction.

Our team stays relatively healthy for the 1st time in years and we win a Super Bowl.

It wouldn't be a bold prediction to say we will get to the SB or afc championship game as we regularly do that with key injuries and all.

Edelman goes to the Texans and has 50 catches for 800 yards and 2 tds

Amendola has 90 catches for 1,100 yards and 8 tds.

Gronk comes back in week 8, stays healthy into the playoffs, and dominates the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl.

Ridley has 1,300 yards rushing and 12 tds, Vareen has 1,000 yards receiving. Dobson breaks out with close to a 1,000 yards on 65 receptions.

The defense is top 5 in the league. Mayo, Hightower and Collins are the best LB core in the league and Dennard and Ryan make the pro bowl.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ - TrueChamp....    how TRUE this would like to be!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Bold prediction.

Our team stays relatively healthy for the 1st time in years and we win a Super Bowl.

It wouldn't be a bold prediction to say we will get to the SB or afc championship game as we regularly do that with key injuries and all.

Gronk comes back in week 8, stays healthy into the playoffs, and dominates the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl.

Ridley has 1,300 yards rushing and 12 tds, Vareen has 1,000 yards receiving. Dobson breaks out with close to a 1,000 yards on 65 receptions.

The defense is top 5 in the league. Mayo, Hightower and Collins are the best LB core in the league and Dennard and Ryan make the pro bowl.

Bold enough, but Philly in the SB? Thats really bold.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Bold prediction.

You lost me with the Amendola comment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Bold prediction.

Given injury history that's the boldest prediction I've ever read. It's even bolder then saying the Browns will win the SB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I think Kelly is just getting started in Philly. They will win that Division, for a long time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I predict the off-season will fall far short of addressing the many holes the GM has saddled us with, and I guarantee we will not win another SB while he still calls the shots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Bold prediction.

Given injury history that's the boldest prediction I've ever read. It's even bolder then saying the Browns will win the SB.

Yeah, you think a guy that caught 85 balls with Bradford is a reach to get 90 with Brady? He had 53 last year in 12 games while playing the same postion as Edelman. Did you think Edelman would catch 100 balls this year with his injury history? The odds are that NFL athletes won't be injured every year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The Pats are awarded the next "Cold Weather" Super Bowl in 2019.  (The naming of the site is the only part of this that takes part in the offseason).

By this time both Brady and Belichick are retired.

The halftime show will feature Bon Jovi.   Doug Flutie will sit in on drums for one song.

The Pats win the Super Bowl for the first time since the 2004 season.

The temperature at game time will be 61 degrees.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

A BOLD prediction:

With the window closing on TB, the Pats make a deal with Atlanta to get Tony Gonzalez here to team with Gronk and create the two-headed TE monster again.  He has shown he can still bring it and simply wants to be on a REAL contender to get that elusive ring.  What would the Pats give up?

Pats have to  be in contention come mid Novemebr and this can happen. The Bold part is the combination of beating other teams to him, actually having an open TE spot and Gonzo willing to come out of retirement (he has hinted this is possbile).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

The Pats are awarded the next "Cold Weather" Super Bowl in 2019.  (The naming of the site is the only part of this that takes part in the offseason).

By this time both Brady and Belichick are retired.

The halftime show will feature Bon Jovi.   Doug Flutie will sit in on drums for one song.

The Pats win the Super Bowl for the first time since the 2004 season.

The temperature at game time will be 61 degrees.

Funny, 

Bon Jovi is too connected to the Pats the NFL would never have it.

anyway Gillette is impressive.. 30,000 hotel rooms are needed, wonder what radius that is around foxborough?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Yeah, you think a guy that caught 85 balls with Bradford is a reach to get 90 with Brady? He had 53 last year in 12 games while playing the same postion as Edelman. Did you think Edelman would catch 100 balls this year with his injury history? The odds are that NFL athletes won't be injured every year.

I doubt he'll stay healthy long enough to catch that many. Not to mention come June 1st he might not even be on the team to catch that many from Brady. But, actually odds are not in Amendola's favor for injury. Most players who routinely suffer injures do actually sufer them throughout their career. Most are lucky to have one healthy year. Hence why most end up falling out quickly from the league because of injures

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I boldly predict that Richard Sherman, pissed about not being extended during the off-season, will blow up during a postgame interview, screaming, "DONT YOU EVER DISRESPECT ME! I'M THE BEST CORNERBACK IN THE GAME. REVIS MONEY!" at a stunned Erin Andrews

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

I boldly predict that Richard Sherman, pissed about not being extended during the off-season, will blow up during a postgame interview, screaming, "DONT YOU EVER DISRESPECT ME! I'M THE BEST CORNERBACK IN THE GAME. REVIS MONEY!" at a stunned Erin Andrews

wait until his contract comes up. that will be painful.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

In response to AcheNot's comment:

wait until his contract comes up. that will be painful.

He's earned it. I don't understand why people think this is a bad thing for Sea. I can assure you BB would love this. That a player so outperformed his contract it became and issue. It's a much better problem then say Amendola who so underperformed his contract there are rumors if he might get cut.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I doubt he'll stay healthy long enough to catch that many. Not to mention come June 1st he might not even be on the team to catch that many from Brady. But, actually odds are not in Amendola's favor for injury. Most players who routinely suffer injures do actually sufer them throughout their career. Most are lucky to have one healthy year. Hence why most end up falling out quickly from the league because of injures

Ohh, id like to see the data on that one. Hey, are players that stay healthy less prone to injury? Next level right there. So, if Amendola stays healthy after a career marred by random injuries(you know like Edelman just did) do you think Amendola can easily hit 90 receptions in this offense? Or is there something you have seen on film other then what BB and McDaniels saw that tells you Amendola isn't a very good player? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I predict the off-season will fall far short of addressing the many holes the GM has saddled us with, and I guarantee we will not win another SB while he still calls the shots.

Babe, you predicting this IS NOT a bold prediction coming from you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Bold prediction.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

he said bold not delusional

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Bold prediction.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

he said bold not delusional

Which part is delusional?  Eagles in the SB?  I can understand that from a Giants fan. (-;

Sections
Shortcuts