Bolden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bolden

I'm pretty sure that after the draft and leading up to the season I told you Brandon Bolden was a Stevan Ridely clone...

Balance is a great thing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Bolden

Well when you run Ridley and Bolden it works A LOT better than just Woody.

Bolden was very impressive, he runs with serious power and looks to hit guys before they hit him, love that style!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agree I prefer that smashmouth style, but Woody played really well in the pass game today.  Maybe with Bolden's coming out party we will use the two of them (Ridley/Bolden) more as a 1-2 punch and we won't be so hesitant to put miles on Stevan's tires.  We have two horses and for the first time this season Vereen saw the field and made some plays... a good sign.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

if u did...I don't remember...LOL :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

was happy to see less woody, but he did make nice catch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I like our backfield, even more so after today...the potential is there...Now they gotta do it against a good run D though...but today can't be over looked....nice game by them...and yeah you also need to mention the big boys that made the holes for the backs to go through....Dinner will be delicious!!!Eat up boys!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like our backfield, even more so after today...the potential is there...Now they gotta do it against a good run D though...but today can't be over looked....nice game by them...and yeah you also need to mention the big boys that made the holes for the backs to go through....Dinner will be delicious!!!Eat up boys!!!!

[/QUOTE wozzy i would change this thread title to, "RUN GAME" 1st time Pats had 2 100 yd rushers since 1982. down by 14 and we pound the rock. sa what you want about coaching, but Obrien never comitted to the run when we were down. Nice to see an undrafted RB with limited "TALENT"(hey prolate]

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Side note:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis had no fumbles in his first 590 touches in the NFL. He has two in his last 22, including one at the goal line in Jax.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Cheers, guys. So enjoyable to watch them finally put the onus on the O Line and the very talented RBs.  The time has come and I am thrilled.

Denver won't have a clue of what to do next week.

Teams will have a clue but only a few can pull it off. Get as many players into TB face as fast as possible.
    Same old same old. Having a good running game with fast starting backs will help.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Wow, I loved watching that running game! Been a long time coming and I hope that they keep it up.

Not sure who said it but it was said that running the football was a matter of will and a mind set to do it. I loved Bolden on his TD play going for the corner, he sees the defender closing and realizes he won't get to the corner and he cuts back right into the DB and carries him into the end zone. What a statement play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's nice to have some backs that can make a cut, hit the hole fast and break some tackles. It's what was lacking the past two years...nice to see. I actually thought Ridley ran the ball better than Bodden today, although the numbers didn't show it..and heavens to betsy!! Vareen got in for one play!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I know the Pts released that stat...but I swore Dillon and Maroney did it too. I'll be back...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Bolden has looked good all season.  He runs with power--and catches the ball well too.  Bolden, Ridley, and Vereen are looking like the makings of a nice backfield, with Woodhead still contributing something in spread formations.  Combine that with the TEs (was nice to see Fells in a lot) and we do have the ability to run much more effectively than last year. 

Bills defense, though, was maybe not the toughest test.  We weren't nearly as effective running against Arizona or the Ravens.  Will be interesting to watch as the season unfolds. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

It's nice to have some backs that can make a cut, hit the hole fast and break some tackles. It's what was lacking the past two years...nice to see. I actually thought Ridley ran the ball better than Bodden today, although the numbers didn't show it..and heavens to betsy!! Vareen got in for one play!

Ridley's got more shake, I think, and still has good North-South power.  Bolden, though, seems to get momentum (that TD reminded me of Dillon a little).  Bolden also may have better hands than Ridley.  He may challenge Vereen for that passing down back a bit . . . 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We finally have talent at the position.  It still irks me that BB benched Ridley for the Super Bowl.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I stand corrected, the closest was 125 for Maroney and 67 for Dillon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I like how decisive Bolden is. He makes one cut, and heads upfield. I was especially impressed on the play where he took a pitch about 6 yards behind the line, paused for a step, and then darted for about ten through the line.

That, and obviously his TD run where he put his shoulder into the defender and drove him the 4 yards into the endzone. That was awesome to watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I think Ridley is the better runner, bolden had some pretty big holes. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to Brady2Moss07's comment:

I think Ridley is the better runner, bolden had some pretty big holes. 

Exactly. Not trying to take anything away from him, but an old lady could have run through some of those holes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Bottom line, there has to be holes to run thru. Ravens, 49'ers, Seahawks etc Woodhead and hopefully Vareen will be needed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Did anyone else notice the Bill's front seven just flat out quit today? I swear I've never seen anything like that. Their right defensive tackle looked like he just stood straight up and walked to his left on every running play. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes - who is that guy? We must of gained 180 of those rushing yards right at him. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Bolden, Ridley, and Vereen are looking like the makings of a nice backfield, with Woodhead still contributing something in spread formations.

I need to see Vereen for more then one play to include him in that sentence. Has anyone seen Mario Williams? I'd thought for all that money he'd be at the stadium.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

We finally have talent at the position.  It still irks me that BB benched Ridley for the Super Bowl.  

cut his nose off to spite his face?

Sections
Shortcuts