Bolden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Bolden

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did anyone else notice the Bill's front seven just flat out quit today? I swear I've never seen anything like that. Their right defensive tackle looked like he just stood straight up and walked to his left on every running play. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes - who is that guy? We must of gained 180 of those rushing yards right at him. 

[/QUOTE]

I dunno, giving up 100+ yards to two different runners AND giving up two 100+ receivers in the same game will get them a lil tired.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like how decisive Bolden is. He makes one cut, and heads upfield. I was especially impressed on the play where he took a pitch about 6 yards behind the line, paused for a step, and then darted for about ten through the line.

That, and obviously his TD run where he put his shoulder into the defender and drove him the 4 yards into the endzone. That was awesome to watch.

[/QUOTE]

seems like Bolden runs just a little bit lower...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ridley's the guy, Bolden should get more carries on the goal line. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I find it interesting that in some goal line short yardage situation Ridley turns sideways and slips through small creases. Anybody else notice this? Ridley has home run speed and is more elusive, bolden runs defenders over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did anyone else notice the Bill's front seven just flat out quit today? I swear I've never seen anything like that. Their right defensive tackle looked like he just stood straight up and walked to his left on every running play. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes - who is that guy? We must of gained 180 of those rushing yards right at him. 

[/QUOTE]

This is what happens when you punch a team in the mouth and pound them with the run. They don't want to play anymore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I just rewatched the game. Bills were completely geared up to defend the pass.  As much as the Pats were running, they were also continually mixing in passes (and with good success), which kept the Bills in nickel and dime and (except for the four linemen) moving backward at the snap rather than toward the LOS.  It was a really soft defense to run against. Pats took advantage of it very well and used the pass to keep the Bills from shifting their strategy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bolden has looked good all season.  He runs with power--and catches the ball well too.  Bolden, Ridley, and Vereen are looking like the makings of a nice backfield, with Woodhead still contributing something in spread formations.  Combine that with the TEs (was nice to see Fells in a lot) and we do have the ability to run much more effectively than last year. 

Bills defense, though, was maybe not the toughest test.  We weren't nearly as effective running against Arizona or the Ravens.  Will be interesting to watch as the season unfolds. 

[/QUOTE]

The Bills were playing the pass all game.  They dared the Pats to beat them on the ground.  They got their wish.  We're all excited about the running today, but it was mostly driven by the Buffalo D begging the Pats to try and run on them.  They were in the nickel or dime a lot of the game.  I guess they thought their front line could handle the run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

I know this a stetch -- but Bolden reminds me of a  young Cory Dillon --I loved this kid in preseason and was glad he made the team--runs hard and no one player is taking him down-- don't know where this leaves Vareen? If the Pats can run like this with Ridley/Bolden combo there is no stopping us -- and this is without Hernandez!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No question, the guy is a find.  Quite a combination, Ridley and Bolden.  Be very interesting to see what happens once Vereen gets on track.  Backfield could be downright scary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Seems like mroe 6/7th round guys have been successful in the league lately than early round guys.

Seems like a roll of the dice. Look no farther than Vereen 2nd, Ridley 3rd.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems like mroe 6/7th round guys have been successful in the league lately than early round guys.

Seems like a roll of the dice. Look no farther than Vereen 2nd, Ridley 3rd.

[/QUOTE]

RB's and WR's are an easier find than 350lb DT's, that's why they can be a really poor waste of a high draft pick.  Big bruising picks like Bolden and Arian Foster go undrafted; people get caught up in draft measurables and slow 40 times but don't measure heart.

BB went with certain characteristics with both Bolden and Ridely; team captains in college, size, production in a workhorse capacity, great hands.  RB is a great area to have depth because you never have to conserve with snaps, Joshy keeps up with this balance and parity and this offense will break records because they're already the #1 offense after week 4.  

Do you really believe Tommy and his coordinator won't get better as the season wears on?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bigger, faster, stronger and can catch, better than Benny.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I was just elated to see less Woodhead, and more Ridley, and of course Bolden was just awesome to watch as well. They both got great blocking up front, and of course that makes a difference for any back.

But I sure hope Josh learned that Woodhead is not the answer at back when you have these young talented backs busting loose for 5-10 yards every time you give them the ball.

Never been a fan of the smurf....and pretty sure after yesterday he won't get too many more touches before Ridley & Bolden. I mean, why would you??