Boldin or Dansby to the pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Boldin or Dansby to the pats?

who would make an instant impact?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Boldin or Dansby to the pats?

why not both? the pats can afford them both

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

They would both be productive starters immediately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If I could choose one, I'd take Dansby.  He's a big, tough, productive and versatile LB that could bring some leadership.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I choose Dansby, he's what this D needs.  A proven leader, a guy that plays hard and can play sideline to sideline.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordNikon9363. Show LordNikon9363's posts

i would absolutely love to bring in Dansby. i've been telling my buddies that he's at the top of my f.a. list. he's only 28, very productive and has a high energy motor. we desperately need a vocal leader on defense. and as big a fan of Guyton i am, he's tailor made to be a 3rd down rb/te cover guy with the occassional blitz. as for Boldin, it all depends on what we would have to give up in order to get him. i love him as a player, however he does have injury woes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Problem with Dansby....

The
    Arizona Cardinals have placed the "non-exclusive" franchise tag on linebacker Karlos Dansby,

Dansby has a history of injuries

If Dansby signs an offer sheet from the Patriots, Arizona can match it or receive two first-round draft picks as compensation

Ummmmmm.......Too much compensation!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Dansby!

I like Boldin, but he has been injury prone and for the price tag im not sure if that would be a great move.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeastModeInitiated. Show BeastModeInitiated's posts

I really think that were going to have a big offseason. Were going to make a BIG move. We are running out of time and need to step it up.

BTW guy if you could please sign up for swagbuck using this link. I would really appreciate it. ITs free and fast. All you have to do when you sign up is just search somethin on the search engine. Thats it. All it takes is 5 min. PLEASE.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1429967

I would really appreciate it guys. It only takes like 5 mins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Injury prone guys need to be avoided like the plague.  When you stock your roster full of injury prone players, you are basically accepting that your chances at a SB win are nothing more than a roll of the dice.  Will your key players be healthy or not...

OK, I'm not oblivious to the fact that football is a violent sport and injuries will happen anyway.  I'm well aware that even a guy who is usually as durable as they come can be injured (Welker).  What I'm saying is that the odds are against you as it is, why make them even worse with injury prone players?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I would like to see them BOTH here.  Pats NEED to bring in TALENT!  Hopefully they open the Wallet like they did in 07 and be aggressive with trading for players (boldin) to bring them in. 

The ball is in the Pats Court - let's see what they do!  I don't want to hear they don't have the $ - b/c Mr Kraft has PLENTY! Go get these guys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from djkg. Show djkg's posts

Rocky,

Cardinals placed the tag on him last year, not this year. I just read that he is an unrestricted free agent this year. They could put the tag on him again, but it would be exspensive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

As for injury issues, Dansby has missed 6 games in 6 years while Boldin has missed 16 games in 7 years.

Rocky,
    I know he had the non-exclusive tag placed on him before the 2009 season, but I believe he's an UFA for this upcoming season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Why can't the Pat's just draft our own WR's.  Why do we have take one other teams castoffs?

Colt's can find a Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie in the later rounds.
    What's up with our scouting?
    BB cannot seem to evaluate offensive talent it seems, at least where playmakers are concerned.  He does ok with linemen but WR's & RB's....good grief...he seems to wiff an awful lot.  We always seem to have sign or trade for offensive playmakers...Moss, Welker.... Gaffney & Stallworth a couple of years back.
    Morris, Taylor.  Sheesh

Whatever happened to building your team with homegrown talent?

He stepped in Sh** with Brady in the 6th round.  The brady pick was ans afterthought... a throw away pick and we happend to find gold.

I hate the Colts bu Polian seems to find gold in draft every year.

But.... I always will love my Pat's.  Just frustrating seeing teams hit gold in the draft and we basically strike out.  Ok... there have been a few good picks but nowhere near enough to sustain winning at a high level like the Colts.

Hoping for killer 2110 draft........!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

IMO he won't be franshised, everytime you do that to a player the 1yr franchised contract goes up.  He will be too expensive for them to keep, he's an UFA so he will shop the market.

He's been a very productive player and can play in multiple schemes so the Patriots will need to go in knowing this one might cost them a little bit of benjamins but I think he'll be worth it.  If we don't get him I still think MLB is needed to be upgraded next to Mayo.  Guyton I think would do better as a OLB in passing downs.  He has the speed to come around the Ts, an interesting comment was made about DE/OLB Graham (Michigan).  The comment came from Mayock, he said this guy he believes could play out or inside.  He's arms might be an issue as a pass rusher but he could make an excellent MLB.  I would draft him to play the middle and maybe implement some more MB rushes.  Just a thought.

What I'm getting really excited about the more I learn about different players is how deep this draft really is in multiple defensive possitions and also RB and WR.  I think the Pats with a good draft can make a LOT of ground and return to elite status.  But with the first pick 22nd (i'm changing my mind about trading out, the Pats pick Kyle Wilson CB Boise State)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

either one would make an instant impact for the team.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Guys, I don't get it - have not seen him play much - but from his stats, http://www.azcardinals.com/team/roster/karlos-dansby/7b773be1-38b7-4bbc-ba75-d8b6dcf103cb/ looks like he started all 16 games this past season and has had only 1 sack !!

Do the stats not tell the whole story? How good a pass rusher is he?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

we had no pass rusher that was effective.and no third receiver threat.and possibly a 50-50 chance welker plays next season.so they both are needed or players that are better then them.but if anyone thinks the pats are set with what they have.your in for another disappointing season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/27/welker-surgery-set-for-next-week/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I could see Dansby being the type of player BB would covet. He reminds me of what they got AT to be -- even though AT quit on the team because in the end he didn't want to be that -- a all around talent. 

Dansby can rush the edge a little, rush the middle, cover, and make open field tackles. He has been used as that sort of "queen on the chessboard" type player his entire career, and probably wouldn't mind being used that way some more.

That said, he won't solve the pass rush issue, because he isn't a dedicated OLB, and if they moved him there, he would most certainly play strong side lined over the TE and not rush side, lined over the tackle as the primary blitzing LBer.

If they simply kept him inside, he doesn't solve that issue either, but would give NE the best inside LBer group in the pros.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

now they are saying banta cain isnt locked up.we need these key defensive players.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=167152&id=1137

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

why does he want to join the jets?if this was to go down.i would have to say the jets defense will be sick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=779

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

to say the least the pats would be screwed if Nmandi and Revis were teammates