BOMBSHELL ALERT: expect one ED REED to walk thru those GILLETTE DOORS!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: BOMBSHELL ALERT: expect one ED REED to walk thru those GILLETTE DOORS!

If they sign him at the vet minimum, but I'm looking for him to go back to Baltimore

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

He's be good on this team if for no other reason than a great mentor to young safties.  But that's not enough reason to shell out significant money for.  Going to come down to can he pass a physical and is he willing to come on the cheap. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No, I don't think so.  I question if he wants to really play anymore.  Ravens made the right move letting him go and now it seems like the Texans have too.  If he isn't willing to share time then he isn't going to work out here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Commy, another example of a "name" player who gets released and is immediately named here as coming to the Pats.  SMH!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

sounds like Reed forced the issue for release, wanting to play for a SB contender. have to think his top 2 choices are Ravens and Pats

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

rkarp...  my 2 cents... he's going to the Ravens.  Familiarity rules the choice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

sounds like Reed forced the issue for release, wanting to play for a SB contender. have to think his top 2 choices are Ravens and Pats

except ravens are borderline out of it....   wow.   BB get on the phone.... Pronto.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

He had to clear waivers

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

If Gregory were put on IR, I could see Bill making a move for Reed.  However, Gregory should be back in a few weeks and Harmon has been serviceable enough to take Gregory's spot until he's back.  I don't really see the need for Reed.

Another scenario where I could see Bill bringing in Reed is if the Talib injury is worse than we thought.  I don't think it is, but if Bill doesn't think Talib can play for the rest of the season, he could push McCourty to CB and bring in Reed. 

My money is on him returning to Baltimore.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not sure I see it. McCourty is the better FS at this point in Reeds career and can Reed even play SS? It would be interesting but I'm just trying to understand the role Reed would play? Maybe, Talib is more serious than we all think and they want to move McCourty back to CB and kill two birds with one stone but moving Ryan instead to the slot and Arrington back to a money position? However, since this is commie just tossing it out I'm not putting much stock into it just going through the mental exercise of what if they did

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Not sure I see it. McCourty is the better FS at this point in Reeds career and can Reed even play SS? It would be interesting but I'm just trying to understand the role Reed would play? Maybe, Talib is more serious than we all think and they want to move McCourty back to CB and kill two birds with one stone but moving Ryan instead to the slot and Arrington back to a money position? However, since this is commie just tossing it out I'm not putting much stock into it just going through the mental exercise of what if they did

Good post, PatsEng.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

except ravens are borderline out of it....   wow.   BB get on the phone.... Pronto.

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

BTW guys he's going to have to pass waivers regardless, but if he does I absolutely think BB at least gives him a call... no doubt.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

No, I don't think he has to clear waivers

Sratch that, he does.  My bad

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Yes he does. If a player is cut after the trade deadline (vested vet or not) every player has to pass through waivers.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Yes he does. If a player is cut after the trade deadline (vested vet or not) every player has to pass through waivers.  

This is from Reiss...

"So if Reed passes through waivers, and there is interest from Reed himself, it makes sense to think the Patriots would at least explore the possibility, if not make it happen."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Pats don't play SS/FS, they play 2 FS essentially since Gregory and McCourty both come in at sub-200 pounds. As far as Reed, McCourty played in Gregory's spot after he got injured so we know he's flexible, but  BB won't sign Reed. Gregory isn't the problem with the defense, he doesn't need to be replaced.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This is from Reiss...

"So if Reed passes through waivers, and there is interest from Reed himself, it makes sense to think the Patriots would at least explore the possibility, if not make it happen."

If you pick him up through waivers, you pick up his contract. If you wait till he hits the market, you can get him for cheap.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yes. I was thinking they didnt after the deadline but was wrong.  Already corrected that

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Yes. I was thinking they didnt after the deadline but was wrong.  Already corrected that

bout time you admitted you were wrong. 

Bout time you practiced what you preached, psycho!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

bout time you admitted you were wrong. 

Yet you can't admit you were wrong about rkarp destroying you with the Tommy Kelly info.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Last time. Kelly practiced so it was definitive he was going to IR.  He did not destroy me or anyone with anything.

I did destroy him in our Jets cap bet, which was corroborated by over a dozen people here. He never followed the bet paramters, to this day.

Um, okay.  You know, you are the only one who believes that, right?  Everyone else knows you were owned by rkarp.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Well # 1 the relationship isnt as smooth as you would think that he automatically wants to go to Bmore. They moved on from him. # 2, If he is talking about a SB contender, how does Bmore at 4-5 fit into the equation?

I would want him more for his film study and mentoring # 32 into a great player and maybe help in case of injury but not sure you waste a spot for that. He has the same hip problem Talib has most likely with the hip too.

Sections
Shortcuts