Boo him or Cheer Him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: Boo him or Cheer Him

In response to darwk's comment:

This board is crawling with trolls. Patsgetscrewedfinally-really?  

They're just cockroaches.  Unfortunately, once you stomp on one with the Ignore Button another one appears.  We need to bring this guy back into BDC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

boo him.

he KNOWS we love the him. he gave us his 500% every single snap and was easily the most consistent and productive WR in NE history. He was the best, Mr. Goto. Welker will always be beloved here in NE and there may always be a sour taste in our mouths after what happened but i have no doubt in my mind he gets in the Pats HOF one day and he damn well deserves it.

with all that being said, he plays for Manning and rival team. cheer him in the offseason this is a huge game with a lot on the line.. emotions will be high but this is THE enemy. the RIVAL. boo the guy. its the biggest game of the year.

we'll cheer for him when he recieves his red jacket from Kraft down the road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Here is how I see it:

Any cheers Welker gets will be before the game by certain segments from the stands. That's pretty much it.

He won't be booed.

Boston is very consistent on this.  If you pull a Clemmie or a Johnny Damon, you will get booed.   

Welker made his choice. He wanted the biggest payday, which is his choice.  He'll be known a  great regular season player and a guy who wasn't much of a factor in postseason, his fault or not.

This town has seen PLENTY of great regular season players, but if you get opps in title situations and don;'t perform, you'll never be in the pantheon.

The only guy I can think of in this area who gets a legit pass, as he should, is Ray Bourque.  If no Orr, he's the best defenseman ever and it ain't close. I know some were sore he wanted out at the end for a Cup, but I was thrilled for him and thought it was long overdue. I literally was overjoyed and teared up when he helped put Colorado over the top for the Cup.   What a player.  He was let down by the organization for 20 years and he got he wanted, deservedey so, without looking for big money, out in Denver, ironically enough.

Welker ain't Bourque. Not close in terms of the time served and quality of HOF play.

Welker made his choice as did BB.  This was never about let's get Welkie and his buddy Brady a ring by catering to an aging slot WR who is one dimensional and disappears in the postseasons.

This is about the NE PAtriots, the team.

I am tired of hearing about Welker, though.  I haven't seen a player who is so limited due to size and range, become this superstar name, especially after dropping so many balls and then looking for more pay as he ages.

Admire his hard work, toughness and underdog style, but jesus.  The league doesn't owe you anything.

Steve Largent never got this much press and Welker can't hold a candle to Largent. I thought Amendola had a very classy and respectful approach in terms of talking about Welker.   Amendola does not seem to have the same ego that Welker does.

Agree with all of this.  some people seem to like TB orWW more than the Patriots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

boo him.

he KNOWS we love the him. he gave us his 500% every single snap and was easily the most consistent and productive WR in NE history. He was the best, Mr. Goto. Welker will always be beloved here in NE and there may always be a sour taste in our mouths after what happened but i have no doubt in my mind he gets in the Pats HOF one day and he damn well deserves it.

with all that being said, he plays for Manning and rival team. cheer him in the offseason this is a huge game with a lot on the line.. emotions will be high but this is THE enemy. the RIVAL. boo the guy. its the biggest game of the year.

we'll cheer for him when he recieves his red jacket from Kraft down the road.

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Wow. I don't see him getting a jacket at all.  I've said this before, but Welker can't hold Brown's jock.  Troy Brown was a football player. A guy who was great in the slot before it became popular to even mention the position, a great punt returner, a DB if you needed it and everything else he did.   Brown just got in last year.  

Welker was a one dimensional player who never lined up on the outside on a consistent basis, but was consisent, durable and tough.  

I just don't see some players who leave here by choice, especially for monetary situations, being welcomed in with a red jacket later on, especially without helping win a ring.

Law probably will, but I don't see it with Seymour.  Law was pretty much done and they decided to part ways after Law went down in 2004.   Maybe with Seymour. He really held the team's feet to the fire then mailed it in. I don't think they were very happy with him.  I think there is too much selfishness shown and it really doesn't represent what the Pats HOF is all about. It sort of diminishes those who got what it meant to be a Patriot vs those who wanted it to be about them.

I'd rather Mike Vrabel go in before Welker. I'd rather Matt Light, Kevin Faulk, Stephen Neal, people like that go in before Welker. I want guys who were born and bred here, who never forced themselves out to wear that jacket.   I don't want what that jacket means to be ruined.

He made his choice.  

i agree with every single statement you made here. every single one. Brown was better, yes. Vrabel over all those guys, yes. Light, Faulk, Neal, Law, and even a guy like Seymour over him. cuz they won rings when and most of them lived and died NE.

but, one thing thats undeniable is Welker's stats from 07-12. he carried the offense. that just undeniable in my guys. SO productive. yes, the taste is sour becuase he pussed out and left on us but he also did so much for us from 07-12 and i just think thats undeniable.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Dude, at the end of the day, as Edelman has proven when used in a Welker-centric gameplan, Welker was lucky to be brought in here, which is what he never got in terms of why he wasn't worth 8-10 mil per like he wanted and why the market showed he wasn't.

It's not a knock on him, it's just that, a QB like Brady who is accurate and understands how to read Ds, especially in this easier offensive era, it's a feeding frenzy for stats.

Welker's whole thing is about stats in between the 20s. He's not clutch, he's not a gamer in the postseason, he's limited due to his size, etc.

Again, these comments are not meant to bash him. I think people saw an underdog white guy and loved watching him play, bu that doesn't mean he transformed the game.

He's the best slot WR I've seen in terms of consistency and production, but I am not convinced that is Pats HOF jacket worthy.

He needs a strong finish to his career and at least a ring to even be considered in the HOF in general.  I think his seflish desires to try to put the team's feet to the fire might not sit well with Kraft and BB.

Heck, even Vinatieri will be looked at in a better light. McGinest, etc. So many before Welker. Something happened in between the 2011 negotiations and when he went to FA. Welker thought he was owed something based on playing on a team that was LOADED with talent all around him in an offensive era.

i kind of agree with you that Edelman can fill welker role with a gameplan around him but he still isnt nearly as good a WR. if you force the touches to him yeah he'll have the same production. but edelman cant get open as easily as WW doesnt have the same WR instincts. but i totally agree with you here russ i can name dudes from 2001-2004 that deserve it more than him but seriously its just hard to deny him in the PHOF. but this is only if they somehow patch things up. i mean where it stands now, he wouldn't get in.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Yeah. I am not saying Edelman is on Welker's level. Welker does that better than Edelman. I am saying, it became this fixation to the point, Welker's stats would be bloated and then he'd be exposed when the time came in January.

And, that's because of the era Welker is playing in.

Put it this way:  If Troy Brown was 26-30 in here from 2007-2012, he'd have Welker numbers. 

I am just saying the 10 catches for 120 yards vs a crap D doesn't mean anything other than it's great production and helps blast a bad D, with the fantasy owners liking it.

your Troy Brown statement couldn't have been said any better. agree on all levels there

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I'd give him a goldf clap, sorta like how I do when people cut me off when driving... naaaahhh -- I'd give him a standing O for sure.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Here is how I see it:

Any cheers Welker gets will be before the game by certain segments from the stands. That's pretty much it.

He won't be booed.

Boston is very consistent on this.  If you pull a Clemmie or a Johnny Damon, you will get booed.   

Welker made his choice. He wanted the biggest payday, which is his choice.  He'll be known a  great regular season player and a guy who wasn't much of a factor in postseason, his fault or not.

This town has seen PLENTY of great regular season players, but if you get opps in title situations and don;'t perform, you'll never be in the pantheon.

The only guy I can think of in this area who gets a legit pass, as he should, is Ray Bourque.  If no Orr, he's the best defenseman ever and it ain't close. I know some were sore he wanted out at the end for a Cup, but I was thrilled for him and thought it was long overdue. I literally was overjoyed and teared up when he helped put Colorado over the top for the Cup.   What a player.  He was let down by the organization for 20 years and he got he wanted, deservedey so, without looking for big money, out in Denver, ironically enough.

Welker ain't Bourque. Not close in terms of the time served and quality of HOF play.

Welker made his choice as did BB.  This was never about let's get Welkie and his buddy Brady a ring by catering to an aging slot WR who is one dimensional and disappears in the postseasons.

This is about the NE PAtriots, the team.

I am tired of hearing about Welker, though.  I haven't seen a player who is so limited due to size and range, become this superstar name, especially after dropping so many balls and then looking for more pay as he ages.

Admire his hard work, toughness and underdog style, but jesus.  The league doesn't owe you anything.

Steve Largent never got this much press and Welker can't hold a candle to Largent. I thought Amendola had a very classy and respectful approach in terms of talking about Welker.   Amendola does not seem to have the same ego that Welker does.

You are acting like Welker ran away to Denver in the middle of the night, lol!

Welker didn't leave the Pats because he wanted to.  BB was mad Welker didn't accept the offer which led to the franchise tag.  BB holds grudges and he proved it by trying to have Edelman play over him the beginning of 2012.  That backfired on BB.  BB lowballed him and was bringing Amendola in to try and play over Welker as he did the year before with Edelman, keeping Welker just in case the Pats needed him.  Welker said bye-bye and I don't blame him under those circumstances.  Too bad, Pats could have used him this year.  Would much rather see Welker as a Patriot then a Bronco.

Big difference between Welker and Largent.  Largent was their main (only) receiver and still Welkers numbers compare to his.  Shows just how good Welker has been and the production he got on a team with good receiving talent.

Amendola doesn't have an ego because he hasn't done anything.  Once you do something in the league you can have a bit of an ego, LOL!

Hope Welker plays Sunday, will be amazing to watch how the Broncos use him and the Pats defend him.  Just adds even more to the Brady/Manning matchup.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I guess I am having a hard time agreeing that Edelman and Amandola combined have reasonably filled Wes's shoes, let alone one of them. 

Call me crazy, but I am of the opinion if Wes was on the team this year instead of Amendola, the pats with all of the injuries and rookie WR's are 10-0 or 9-1.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I guess I am having a hard time agreeing that Edelman and Amandola combined have reasonably filled Wes's shoes, let alone one of them. 

Call me crazy, but I am of the opinion if Wes was on the team this year instead of Amendola, the pats with all of the injuries and rookie WR's are 10-0 or 9-1.

True. Why does this same subject come up over and over and over...it always devolves to this when it comes to Harvey.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

True. Why does this same subject come up over and over and over...it always devolves to this when it comes to Harvey.

Very simple. Wes and his agent decided to try and play poker with BB and lost. Since Harve is BB's lap dog, every opportunity he gets to pin responstability of loss on Brady and Wes rather than personnel or coaching decisions (both BB) Harve will take, with relish.

how often has he been posting "Brady sucks"? How often has he said Edelman has replaced Wes production? Notice at the beginning of the year he was using Amendola rather than Edelman as replacing Wes? 

I was and still am a huge Edelman fan. I like Amendola a lot, but he isn't reliable. 

How many complaining threads have been on this board regarding 3rd and 1 that were not converted and the OL and RB's are blamed? Those were first downs when Wes was here

Bottom line, the guy was not replaced, and he has been missed a lot.

Granted, I will throw in the missing Hern factor....but to think Edelman and Amendola combined have replaced Wes simply is untrue.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I will cheer for Wes any other time except this week. Before the game...fine. After the game...fine. But this week he is the enemy....so until the game is over, I am not cheering for anyone wearing orange.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

In response to darwk's comment:

This board is crawling with trolls. Patsgetscrewedfinally-really?  

They're just cockroaches.  Unfortunately, once you stomp on one with the Ignore Button another one appears.  We need to bring this guy back into BDC.

Bring him back STAT.  Obvious agiator and disrupter -along with a few others- or maybe the same sad peson. Why  respond to  a TROLL bogus question or statment?  I don't give a rat's a#@ on what a troll has to say. Too many of the threads are getting hijacked. Ignore. Do not Respond.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Personally, I'll give Welker polite applause when he comes on the field, but after that cheering is just for the Pats. 

I find these discussions of Welker's contributions to the Pats fascinating.  For years, when Welker was here, I tried to tell Rusty that Welker, while a great slot receiver, was a limited player and it was one reason the offense sometimes sputtered (not enough players who could stretch the field).  Rusty, always intent on throwing Brady under the bus, argued incessantly, that Brady had the best weapons in the NFL and Welker was a prime example. Now that Belichick has let Welker walk, Rusty seems to have come around to thinking Welker was just mediocre.  Really, Welker was great: just great in a limited way.  Being limited doesn't make you mediocre, however.  Belichick has said this before: There are players that are versatile and there are players who are exceptionally great at one thing . . . and both can be important contributors.  Welker was the latter--exceptionally great at one thing--and because of his greatness he made huge contributions to the offense.  There's no reason to disparage those contributions now. 

Rusty likes to tell us he studied history.  Clearly, it must have been the revisionist kind . . . Wink

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:

He will be cheered. Boston has the best fans on planet earth, obviously.

Not so much,,,bunch of arrogant SOBs if you ask me.

Your jealousy is delicious, punk.  Tradition, some of the best players ever in any sport, etc.

Sox, Bruins (1st American NHL franchise to win a Cup) and 1st American NHL team), Celts.  All old school, original flagship franchises in their respective leagues.

Your jealousy is a delight.

No jealosy here.  Why would I be jealous of a bunch of cheaters?!?!?!?!?!?!  Your karma is finally coming back to get you now.

Yup, 7-3 will most likely win the division again may get the 2 seed, have been to 2 AFCCg's in the last 2 years and a SB appearence. That's karma alright.

You really need to let this jealousy go it's not healthy.

7-3?  Are you so arrogant you don't need to play anymore games to win the division?

I said most likely... do you have reading comprehension problems.

Nope dik....just pointing out that you can't win the division by only playing 10 games.

Nice personal insults. The tell sign of someones intelligence... in your case lack thereof.

Why not just admit you are an idiot for thinking the Patriots could win the division wiht a 7-3 record and get it over with already moron?!?!?!?!?

There is help for that reading comprehension issue. Perhaps you should persue your GED it might help you understand simple sentences. I'm sure they will start you off with something easy like the dick and jane books. You know see spot run. I have confidence once you master that you will be able to go back and re-read this "will most likely win the division". Let me know how you make out I'm sure with your advanced vocabulary with words like "dik", "idiot" and "moron" you should be able to get through those dick and jane books in a couple of months. Good Luck!

I'm confident he will be comfortable with the Dick books...not so sure about Jane....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

We need to booooooooo him since he had chosen  the money before the Pats.  Without the Pats and Tom Brady, Wes cannot make a name for himself today from Mia. 

This Sunday night, the Pats will beat the Broncos at the Foxborough.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I remember when Brady restructured his contract (he DID NOT take a pay cut like I seen some ignorant Pats fans saying on this site, he gets his money in the last couple of years of his contract.

So dumb. No player wants the money late in the contract. Brady did the team a solid or the team wouldn't have offered the deal. DUH.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Can't believer the thick headed homers just can't let themselves admit this.

But it's true, folks.  Always nice to see backup on this argument.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 83. Show 83's posts

What up fellas?

You better be cheering!

See you Sunday.  I play great in cold weather as you well know.  You don't have a pass rush to get to my gimpy QB. 

Do you guys have any real DB's?  Nobody will be able to cover and handle me.

I will post a picture of my Super Bowl ring here after the season.

How is Amendola working out for you guys?  He only plays 37% of the snaps.  Should have paid me to stay, I play double that.

See you all at the field Sunday night.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wes did not leave the Pats because he didn't like the fans.  It was a business decision in which the two sides couldn't agree for whatever reasons they have.

IMHO, for the most part, WW gaves years of great play to the Pats and many memorable catches.  Yeah, there are some memorable non-catches, but, every receiver has those.  He will be cheered more than booed. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts