Boo him or Cheer Him

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Boo him or Cheer Him

Can't boo the guy.  He gave his all while in a Pats uniform.

Loved his toughness and effort but I won't be cheering for him either.

He can get the accolades when his career is over.

He now plays for another team and one I can't say I like, even a little bit.

So, I'll cheer him now.  "Here's to Wes.  Thanks for everything."

I'll cheer for him again when his career is over and he's inducted into the Pats Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  

Before the game, during or immediately after, nah!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Some fans want titles and balance.  You can root for GOmier and Welkie on Sunday night all you want, stats for your fantasy league, but the big secret after Sunday night will be how NE's offense is better built and more balanced than Denver's.

Welkie can collect his 8 catches for 80 yards and lose. Pats fans will take the win and the recipe to get to a SB and hopefully win it.

Gomie and Welkie don't like cold weather games.  Each sucks in them.

SB outdoors with a blizzard scheduled via the Farmer's Alamanc. Good luck to your Donkeys, TFB12. You'll need it.

I'm pretty sure BB is going to do everything he can to make sure Welker is shut down this Sunday night.  Might even put two guys on him to make sure.  Neither Cole or Arrington could handle him but maybe both together. LOL!!  There is no way BB could face Welker going in there and having a monster day, no way.  Matter of fact I bet he will be in TFB's and Josh McD's ear telling them to make sure Amendola has a big day.

Have no idea where you get where Welker dislikes cold weather. Remember the game vs the Bears in the snow a couple years ago Pats won 36-7 and Welker 8 for 115 yrds.  How about the snow game vs the Titans where the Pats won 59-0.  Welker had 10 catches for 150 yards, 2 tds. Or last December at home vs the Dolphins where he caught 8 passes for 94 yards and 1 td.  Yeah, he sucks in the cold, lmao!!

But yes, I agree Gomer struggles in the cold.  He may want to throw to the shorter routes more then normal this game.  We shall see.

Sunday night is going to be a freaking blast.  I can not wait for the game.  TFB is going to go in wanting to out dual Gomer so I'm looking for a big day from him.  I think Vereen has a great day and I think Riddley will have a very good day too.  Gronk will have the biggest day of everyone except Brady.

Pressure needs to be put on Gomer otherwise he is going to eat this defense alive.  Nink is going to be key.  I think he will cause the most pressure and biggest problems for Gomer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If Arrington wasn't battling a groin issue, he'd likely be just fine on him in single man considering he practiced against him in the slot for 4 years, along with Arrington playing very well on the inside vs smaller WRs.

Welker sucks vs Ds that don't play a Cover 2 base like the Bears. Brady shreds zone. I am talking about Ds that don't play a Cover 2 all game long, ones that can throw a nickel on Welker in man and be physical, like ours can.

Did you just see use Tenn in 2009 as a good defense to say Welker plays well in the cold? LOL!

Welkie has disappeared in games in the cold vs teams with a good D and who can play man. Jets, Ravens, etc.

Edelman producing well vs Baltimore in 2009 in January was the first sign NE could easily use Edelman in that role if they wanted to.

Your argument is silly.  Last year vs the Texans at home in January Welker had 8 catches 131 yards.  See, this is your whole problem.  You throw out blanket statements and can't back them up because they are lies.  You said Welker wasnt good in cold weather, I just gave you some games where he had monster days in cold weather.  Now you are saying they don't count?  LMAO!  Get real Rusty. Your argument is silly.  

Welker would destroy a healthy Arrington.  I know it, you know it BB knows it.  And then when Welker lined up on the outside and went deep, the Pats equipment guy would be out on the field trying to pick up all the pieces of Arringtons jock. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

If Arrington wasn't battling a groin issue, he'd likely be just fine on him in single man considering he practiced against him in the slot for 4 years, along with Arrington playing very well on the inside vs smaller WRs.

Welker sucks vs Ds that don't play a Cover 2 base like the Bears. Brady shreds zone. I am talking about Ds that don't play a Cover 2 all game long, ones that can throw a nickel on Welker in man and be physical, like ours can.

Did you just see use Tenn in 2009 as a good defense to say Welker plays well in the cold? LOL!

Welkie has disappeared in games in the cold vs teams with a good D and who can play man. Jets, Ravens, etc.

Edelman producing well vs Baltimore in 2009 in January was the first sign NE could easily use Edelman in that role if they wanted to.

Your argument is silly.  Last year vs the Texans at home in January Welker had 8 catches 131 yards.  See, this is your whole problem.  You throw out blanket statements and can't back them up because they are lies.  You said Welker wasnt good in cold weather, I just gave you some games where he had monster days in cold weather.  Now you are saying they don't count?  LMAO!  Get real Rusty. Your argument is silly.  

Welker would destroy a healthy Arrington.  I know it, you know it BB knows it.  And then when Welker lined up on the outside and went deep, the Pats equipment guy would be out on the field trying to pick up all the pieces of Arringtons jock. 

Houston is not a good match up.   I predicted two slaughterings and was right each time before each Houston game because they don't match up well in zone.

You need to learn to read better.  I said good Ds or ones that match up well because they play a good man D to combat Welkie. Brady shreds zone, but in man, Brady and Welkie struggled.   Welkie was compromised in the colder games outdoors vs those kinds of Ds, which is why the only teams he's ever done anything against is a bad D or a Cover 2 Tampa 2 type D, which is why your Bears example is horrendous.  Titans from 2009 even worse!  That was an awful D in 2009 for Tenn.

Arrington would easily hold his own in the interior on Welker. Arrington is one of the better slot DBs in the AFC.   He was outstanding to start the year in that role with Talib and Dennard on the edges.

Do your homework and please understand and respect a more intelligent person's research and premise.

Either you have a very hard time admitting you are wrong or you don't know much about football or you are just a big homer and it is blinding you from the truth.  Which one is it or is it a combination of all 3?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

SB outdoors with a blizzard scheduled via the Farmer's Alamanc. Good luck to your Donkeys, TFB12. You'll need it.

Who knew the Farmer's Almanac could schedule a blizzard?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Here's a thought...  (considering this thread turned into mostly into a "how to defend Welker" issue)

If other NFL teams, while Welker was with the Pats, couldn't effectively shut him down, and these teams had much better defensive backfields than the Pats.  What does that bode for the Pats as the opponent playing against Welker and the offense he is on with Manning the QB?

Answer:  Weather, it seems, may be the best defense Sunday night!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bruins (1st American NHL franchise to win a Cup) and 1st American NHL team),

Is New York an American team?  The Rangers won the Cup in 1928.  The B's won their first Cup in 1929.  Stick to football rhetoric.  You know very, very little about hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I meant to say form a dynasty like the Red Sox and Celts.  First American NHL franchise, yes.

You can't change facts, Nary A Clue.

I know a ton about hockey, certainly more than you, obviously.  You think Jagr is a good player and fits the Bruins system.  bawhha

Jagr leads the Devils with 18 points in 22 games.  He's 47th overall.  He is a good player.

As for the "I meant to say" part:  That doesn't even make sense. 

You can't change facts RidewithDustyBottomswhileBassfishingClifford.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Bruins (1st American NHL franchise to win a Cup) and 1st American NHL team),

Is New York an American team?  The Rangers won the Cup in 1928.  The B's won their first Cup in 1929.  Stick to football rhetoric.  You know very, very little about hockey.

The first Amercian team to hoist the Cup was the Seattle Metropolitans in 1917.  It was NHA, PCHA, NHL leagues competing for it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

The first Amercian team to hoist the Cup was the Seattle Metropolitans in 1917.  It was NHA, PCHA, NHL leagues competing for it.

The stupid statement that was made was that the Bruins were the first American NHL team to win it, not the first American team overall.  I can be schooled on most history topics.  NHL history isn't one of them.

Ipot, don't you have a bandwagon to jump off?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I saw this article in the globe today and was really dismayed. Wes was a great, great, great player here for many years. He put his heart, soul and body into every game. He did not leave a single ounce behind, and should have zero regrets. I will not be in attendance Sunday, but I would be really disappointed if he is not given a standing ovation. He deserves it, and has earned it... 

Oh pleeaassseeee!! Boo or cheer him?? How about just beat him!

It seems that far too many Pats' fans are concerned over such nonsense. They should be concerned about the Patriots' winning this game!  I hope the fans at the game are super loud, and make things as uncomfortable as possible for Welker and "The Horseface".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Who knew the Farmer's Almanac could schedule a blizzard?

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Harvey Ballbanger made that comment?  What a goof.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Oh pleeaassseeee!! Boo or cheer him?? How about just beat him!

It seems that far too many Pats' fans are concerned over such nonsense. They should be concerned about the Patriots' winning this game!  I hope the fans at the game are super loud, and make things as uncomfortable as possible for Welker and "The Horseface".

I don't think anyone is really concerned with Welker's reception.  It's not really interesting to talk about whether or not someone wants the Pats to beat the Broncos.  It is interesting, however, to find out whether people would cheer or boo him.

I would certainly cheer him.  The guy was awesome here.  He provided a tremendous amount of excitement and happiness save that one awful drop.

I think the Pats fans at the game should cheer him when they announce his name after his first catch.  After that, it's business as usual.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sorry don't want to repeat. didn't read all the posts and my comment might have been said already.

Why boo him ? Did he really want out ?  He gave the Pats opportunity to match something similar to what the Pats in the end would have ended up paying for him.

I would stand up and cheer him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Sobchack's comment:

The stupid statement that was made was that the Bruins were the first American NHL team to win it, not the first American team overall.  I can be schooled on most history topics.  NHL history isn't one of them.

Ipot, don't you have a bandwagon to jump off?

BTW you were dead on Lehner, the guy is awesome.  Good eye

Sections
Shortcuts