Borges Alludes To Cunningham Using Steroids

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Borges Alludes To Cunningham Using Steroids

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cunningham hasn't bulked up that much, they have him officially listed at 6'3," 255 pounds which is the same weight he came in at.  Could it be more lean muscle and less baby fat? Possibly, but I think BB placed him at DT on a passing down to create a speed mismatch, not because Cunningham has suddenly exploded in weight and muscle mass.

[/QUOTE]

OFFICIAL LISTINGS ARE ALWAYS TRUE, AND THE COW JUMPED OVER THE MOON.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cunningham hasn't bulked up that much, they have him officially listed at 6'3," 255 pounds which is the same weight he came in at.  Could it be more lean muscle and less baby fat? Possibly, but I think BB placed him at DT on a passing down to create a speed mismatch, not because Cunningham has suddenly exploded in weight and muscle mass.

[/QUOTE]

OFFICIAL LISTINGS ARE ALWAYS TRUE, AND THE COW JUMPED OVER THE MOON.

[/QUOTE]

And a lot of 255# guys play DT in the NFL.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Cunningham has bulked up and he looks a lot leaner at the same time. It's apparent that he is stronger and quicker. Not necessarily attributed to an illegal substance. Can be achieved through hard work, and BB has been very vocal about Cunningham's commitment to training. 

Looking at him, I can't see how he is 255. He looks a lot closer to 270 and plays like it. I for one can't wait to see this kid progress this season. I hope heturns into a 4 down player and getsmore playing time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Ha, I mentioned this about Cunningham after the game last week. The guy is ALOT bigger in a very short time frame. If your taking odds on all of a sudden he decide to become a work out warrior or he is on the juice, I'll take the later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Why would anyone pay any attention do this DBag?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cunningham has bulked up and he looks a lot leaner at the same time. It's apparent that he is stronger and quicker. Not necessarily attributed to an illegal substance. Can be achieved through hard work, and BB has been very vocal about Cunningham's commitment to training. 

Looking at him, I can't see how he is 255. He looks a lot closer to 270 and plays like it. I for one can't wait to see this kid progress this season. I hope heturns into a 4 down player and getsmore playing time. 

[/QUOTE]

Cunningham was actually listed at 266 coming out of college.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Cunningham obviously found a niche as an undersized D-lineman.  Credit the guy for doing what Bill told him he needed to do to contribute to this defense and for putting in the work this offseason to make it happen.  It's not that hard for a football player to put on 15 lbs over the better part of two seasons.  And it's not unheard of for guys to need a few years to mature.  Anyone rember Mike Vrable and his underwhelming 3 or 4 years in Pittsburgh before he came here?   

Take Borges with a grain of salt.  The guy is about as glass-half-empty as they come.  He needs his negativity shtick more than ever to get readers now that his plagiarism has set him back and seen him banished to Boston's JV newspaper.  He never has anything good to say about anybody.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

A good refresher on the stink Borges and other reporters have with "arrogant, megalomaniacal, duplicitous pond scum" Belichick can be found here,

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2005/04/bill-belichick-and-the-new-england-media

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Wow.

Cunningham was drafted after his second year as a very raw player. This would be his FIRST year in the league had he played all 4.

I know, shocking. I've never seen a guy bulk up from his sophemore to his first year after college. Must be the first time ever, right? I mean, everyone in the NFL is roughly the same size they were as college sophmores, yes?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A good refresher on the stink Borges and other reporters have with "arrogant, megalomaniacal, duplicitous pond scum" Belichick can be found here,

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2005/04/bill-belichick-and-the-new-england-media

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that "refresher" article, digger! A great read!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I could be wrong on this one, but it seems to me Willie Mac was about 255-260 when he was drafted and yet his playing weight was usually around 270-275lbs. It could be juice or it could be strength conditioning and a high protein diet. Any journalist can basically insinuate that any player in any sport( who has put on weight and is stronger) is on PEDs. The simple truth is there are players who are extremely dedicated to their craft to the point of being almost obsessed with keeping their jobs; and others who use PEDs to gain an edge. My guess is that, at some point Cunningham (like everyone else) will be tested and if he fails that test he gets suspended.

Suppose I am reporter for the SF Chronicle and I state in an article that Mike Trout looks " abnormally larger than he was early in his AAA career". Then I sort of leave it out there without any corroboration or evidence. I have just inferred that the AL ROY and potential MVP candidate is using PEDs. All it takes is the underlying cynicism fans have at being lied to and for there being no transparency about PEDs for years. PEDs were the dirty little secret that no one wanted to divulge until recently. Naturally most  fans recognise the inate hypocrisy of all the allegations and innuendo; as such, most will say he's juicing rather than freely admit that sometimes hard work and dedication can be rewarded. This might be true of some players, but I doubt it applies to all players. Ray Lewis was in better shape than I was at 36 because he is physically gifted and has devoted his life being a professional athlete. Same with Brady. There is no real way of measuring what motivates people and it's not something that can be quantified.....And yeah I know that sounds like Nike commercial.

I choose to devote my life to getting an education(and thus a decent job) after the dating a South American supermodel and pretending to be a professional athlete thing didn't quite work out. If only I had known better I'd marry rich.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I could be wrong on this one, but it seems to me Willie Mac was about 255-260 when he was drafted and yet his playing weight was usually around 270-275lbs. It could be juice or it could be strength conditioning and a high protein diet. Any journalist can basically insinuate that any player in any sport( who has put on weight and is stronger) is on PEDs. The simple truth is there are players who are extremely dedicated to their craft to the point of being almost obsessed with keeping their jobs; and others who use PEDs to gain an edge. My guess is that, at some point Cunningham (like everyone else) will be tested and if he fails that test he gets suspended.

Suppose I am reporter for the SF Chronicle and I state in an article that Mike Trout looks " abnormally larger than he was early in his AAA career". Then I sort of leave it out there without any corroboration or evidence. I have just inferred that the AL ROY and potential MVP candidate is using PEDs. All it takes is the underlying cynicism fans have at being lied to and for there being no transparency about PEDs for years. PEDs were the dirty little secret that no one wanted to divulge until recently. Naturally most  fans recognise the inate hypocrisy of all the allegations and innuendo; as such, most will say he's juicing rather than freely admit that sometimes hard work and dedication can be rewarded. This might be true of some players, but I doubt it applies to all players. Ray Lewis was in better shape than I was at 36 because he is physically gifted and has devoted his life being a professional athlete. Same with Brady. There is no real way of measuring what motivates people and it's not something that can be quantified.....And yeah I know that sounds like Nike commercial.

I choose to devote my life to getting an education(and thus a decent job) after the dating a South American supermodel and pretending to be a professional athlete thing didn't quite work out. If only I had known better I'd marry rich.

[/QUOTE]

Why mustCunningham's improvement be 'roidds related? IF my memory serves me right,  Willie McGinest was nothing special until he and his body matured, and he started playing with a better supporting cast. Couldn't the same hold true for Cunningham? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Borges is a low-life twit whose 'work' doesn't deserve the attention that this thread has devoted to it.  No offense to original poster intended.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why mustCunningham's improvement be 'roidds related? IF my memory serves me right,  Willie McGinest was nothing special until he and his body matured, and he started playing with a better supporting cast. Couldn't the same hold true for Cunningham? 

[/QUOTE]

At no point did I infer that Cunningham was juicing, in fact being on the PUP or IR or the practice squad is in and of itself a motivational tool and an ideal situation to improve both strength, play, intelligence (film room) and conditioning. Borges can insinuate all he wants, it really means nothing without proof. I then used Mike Trout as example of how a journalist can couch the language by using words that are either inferrences or downright accusatory. To me it is yellow journalism at its finest and ultimately very lazy journalism at that. Anyone one can state their opinion. My opinion is that Cunningham used his time to self-motivate and become a better player. And why wouldn't he; doing so is generally a great way to prolong his career. And yeah he was considered more raw than Spikes or Dunlap who came from the same program.

I can't honestly say that Cunningham reads about his being another Pats LB bust (MacKenzie, Lua, Crable etc...) and uses that as motivation. Its simple when you realise something is about to become a career your mindsight changes. You're not some college kid with potential, you're a man that has to realise that potential.

Also don't know what year it is in Cunninghams contract, but playing well will always garner some financial interest (cf; Gronk, Mayo, Fork, Hernandez).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Any idiot can throw p oo around, but reporters should be a little more responsible with their words.  I find it hard to believe that a newspaper would expect itself to be taken seriously and allow accusations in print that have no basis. 

The NFL drug tests, and I assume if somebody was using they would be caught at least once.  We can all say what we want but I would like to see better from a journalist.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Shenanigan. Agree 100%.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Shanny...you stated that:

Any idiot can throw p oo around, but reporters should be a little more responsible with their words.  I find it hard to believe that a newspaper would expect itself to be taken seriously and allow accusations in print that have no basis. The NFL drug tests, and I assume if somebody was using they would be caught at least once.  We can all say what we want but I would like to see better from a journalist.

RESPONSE: Shanny, we're talking here about Ron Borges. An unscrupulous muckraker and plagiarizer...YES. A journalist...NO!! He's always seen himself as bigger than the game. Borges is a real life version of Max Mercy...the tainted sportswriter depicted in the Robert Redford movie, "The Natural".  He owes Jermaine Cunningham an apology.  

The Herald should be ashamed of itself for maintaining guys like Borges and John Tomase, in print.    

Yes Tomase. Go hide covering the Red Sox if you will. But, rest assured that nobody has forgotten about how you slandered the great Patriots' organization, and team...and, in doing so, spat in the face of Pats' fans, everywhere. You will always be a Benedict Arnold figure to us.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

If journalists were randomly tested for the truth, most wouldn't have a job.  Borges seems like the type.