Borges Trolling Again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Borges Trolling Again!

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

So reality is trolling?  That's pathetic TP.  He told it exactly as it is.  The team mantra is officially over.  The Pats are all in and have signed a player to a 1 year deal that includes dead money for next year.  If the pats don't win this year, then they will have sacrificed their mantra while accomplishing nothing. 

I find nothing wrong with this.  Brady's nearing the end and needs help - on both sides of the ball - but the idea of squeezing players for hometown discounts for the sake of the team is officially over. 

Congratulations to signing a trash bag Center for your team...really impressive work there!

Thanks.  If Wilfork walks, the colts could probably plug in your grandma at center and still be successful. 

Lying troll, you mean like how they were just successful in the playoffs against us with Wilfork as a spectator?

That's in the past Babe.  Look forward.  Oh wait...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I get it...everyone hates Borges, but did he say anything that wasnt true?

Did anyone really look at Talibs contract, rather than what his contract was reported to be?

IMO, the Talib contract is actually 2/$15 and after 2 years they can cut him and incur $3M in dead money, or they can extend him...

Talib=2/$15. $3M in dead money after 2 years

Revis=1/$12. $5M in dead money after 1 year..

What?  Talib gets paid 12 million this year if he plays all 16 games.  Revis is getting paid 12 million this year.  His comp in 2015 is 6 million meaning if the Broncos exercise their outs this deal is either 1/12 or 2/18.  Neither of these is that friendlier than Revis' deal and Revis is a better player.

maybe I have inaccurate numbers? but I see Talib at $7.9M cap hit this year and $7M next year. he has a $10M cap hit in 2016, but if he is cut, his dead money is $3M.

what do you see his numbers at?

I agree, I prefer Revis as the player, but dollar for dollar, is Talibs deal better?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

maybe I have inaccurate numbers? but I see Talib at $7.9M cap hit this year and $7M next year. he has a $10M cap hit in 2016, but if he is cut, his dead money is $3M.

I agree, I prefer Revis as the player, but dollar for dollar, is Talibs deal better?

Correct.  7.9+7+3 = 17.9 which I just rounded to 18.  So 2/18 if they boot him after year 2.  If they boot him after year 1 it's 7.9+ 4 in dead money or 1 for 11.9 which I just rounded to 1/12.  I don't see that as much friendler than Revis at 1/12 ignoring the difference in skill level.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

So reality is trolling?  That's pathetic TP.  He told it exactly as it is.  The team mantra is officially over.  The Pats are all in and have signed a player to a 1 year deal that includes dead money for next year.  If the pats don't win this year, then they will have sacrificed their mantra while accomplishing nothing. 

I find nothing wrong with this.  Brady's nearing the end and needs help - on both sides of the ball - but the idea of squeezing players for hometown discounts for the sake of the team is officially over. 

TP loves it when columnists in other cities are critical of their local teams.  I guess that love ends when it happens to the pats.  Am I right TP?

UD

I have been following the Pats for almost 30 years and it is hard to recall 1 article Borges has written that is complimentary toward the Pats during that period! (Ok, there must be some!) But, this is not about TP. Borges simply thrives off the controversy his journalism creates and Pats fans are tired of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Correct.  7.9+7+3 = 17.9 which I just rounded to 18.  So 2/18 if they boot him after year 2.  If they boot him after year 1 it's 7.9+ 4 in dead money or 1 for 11.9 which I just rounded to 1/12.  I don't see that as much friendler than Revis at 1/12 ignoring the difference in skill level.

is 2/$18 better than 1/$12 or 2/$32 which seems to be what Revis deal is...

the initial reports made Talibs deal so far fetched, that it simply sounded untrue. turns out it is...and a pretty good deal for Denver...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Wow Iam not seeing why everyones panties are in a bunch over this article ,Borgea didnt say anything bad about the Pats or BB ,all it was is a comment on how they normally sign players to the Revis deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

TP loves it when columnists in other cities are critical of their local teams.  I guess that love ends when it happens to the pats.  Am I right TP?

UD

I have been following the Pats for almost 30 years and it is hard to recall 1 article Borges has written that is complimentary toward the Pats during that period! (Ok, there must be some!) But, this is not about TP. Borges simply thrives off the controversy his journalism creates and Pats fans are tired of it.

nyc - I consider the source.  Texas Pat is always using the negative press of local columnists from other cities to jab those teams (mine in particular).  turnabout is fair play.  I understand that Borges may have an axe to grind, but even so it doesn't make his article inaccurate. 

Revis is a great pick up - even if for only one year.  that said, the deal, the money, the lack of leverage in the deal, the player, all flies in the face of the team mantra that once was the pats and that most here still cling to. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

the initial reports made Talibs deal so far fetched, that it simply sounded untrue. turns out it is...and a pretty good deal for Denver...

Well 1/12 = 1/12.  As for Revis' deal I think we all know 2/32 is funny money that will never happen.  Talib could actually be 2/18.  Is 2/18 better than 1/12?  A little, but when considering the difference in skill level and the fact that Talib has missed the 2 most important games of the season the past 2 years I don't think it's enough of a difference to write home about.  Plus if Talib suffers a catastrophic injury the Broncos get hosed whereas NE does not with Revis.  That at least counts for something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

UD

nyc - I consider the source.  Texas Pat is always using the negative press of local columnists from other cities to jab those teams (mine in particular).  turnabout is fair play.  I understand that Borges may have an axe to grind, but even so it doesn't make his article inaccurate. 

Revis is a great pick up - even if for only one year.  that said, the deal, the money, the lack of leverage in the deal, the player, all flies in the face of the team mantra that once was the pats and that most here still cling to. 

UD

Yes, I think you are right that it does fly in the face of all that. I, for 1, would rather maintain the Patriot Way even if it means never winning a SB again. Winning through hard work, sacrifice, team work and winning with less all means more to me than winning the SB.

Dignity and integrity last a lifetime; the SB is just a trophy that gets hoisted once a year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"So reality is trolling?  That's pathetic TP."

Only someone ignorant not from Boston would defend Ron Borges. 

Ron is a troll, that's what he does. 

For years he has blasted the Pats for exactly the opposite. Now he changes course. 

I realize you don't know anything really useful but in this case you lack the local context to understand what Borges does. Nor do you seem to understand how local media works. 

Another reason for you to simply move on from here please.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

For years he has blasted the Pats for exactly the opposite. Now he changes course. 

I realize you don't know anything really useful but in this case you lack the local context to understand what Borges does. Nor do you seem to understand how local media works. 

Is my goldmine pal Gomez still whining?? Maybe he can get Lurch to relax him by getting ready the bed of nails...or playing a couple of tunes on the harpsichord?

LOL!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Congratulations to signing a trash bag Center for your team...really impressive work there!

Thanks.  If Wilfork walks, the colts could probably plug in your grandma at center and still be successful. 

Lying troll, you mean like how they were just successful in the playoffs against us with Wilfork as a spectator?

You mean you're going to become honest?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

You mean you're going to become honest?

Gomez lies every time his lips move, or his fingers touch his keyboard. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Leave it to that jerk Ron Borges to try to spin the Revis signing into a negative:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2014/03/borges_darrelle_revis_big_winner_here

Borges being Borges......what a b-o-o-b!!

gee, i hate contrarians, always stirring up da pot!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well 1/12 = 1/12.  As for Revis' deal I think we all know 2/32 is funny money that will never happen.  Talib could actually be 2/18.  Is 2/18 better than 1/12?  A little, but when considering the difference in skill level and the fact that Talib has missed the 2 most important games of the season the past 2 years I don't think it's enough of a difference to write home about.  Plus if Talib suffers a catastrophic injury the Broncos get hosed whereas NE does not with Revis.  That at least counts for something.

Other important factors in this: does Talib go back to bad boy now that he has his payday? Does he sit back now that he has his payday? Happens all the time.

With Revis we know he will not sit back on a 1 year deal. And he didn't sit back when he did get his payday.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Yes. The liar is worthless here.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

UD

UD

Yes, I think you are right that it does fly in the face of all that. I, for 1, would rather maintain the Patriot Way even if it means never winning a SB again. Winning through hard work, sacrifice, team work and winning with less all means more to me than winning the SB.

Dignity and integrity last a lifetime; the SB is just a trophy that gets hoisted once a year.

And I have no problem with your perspective.  I see it differently.  I believe football is a business, and as such, players come and go.  When they go, I neither begrudge nor hate them for seeking greener (pun intended) pastures.  This board, though, see it as a business when it is the pats dealing and as a traitorious action when the player does the same - except now that that player is revis. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Borges is a great example for screw-ups everywhere.   You can plagiarize columns repeatedly, lose your job, and still find work despite a sub-par skill set.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

you have to admit that youre a loser right? i mean why else would you spend most of your life on a fan forum let alone of a team you dont like? take a look at yourself. show a little pride.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

seems the Pats will start the whole thing over again next year though. who is to say that a Revis or Talib will be available, and if one is, what is next years cost going to be?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Leave it to that jerk Ron Borges to try to spin the Revis signing into a negative:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2014/03/borges_darrelle_revis_big_winner_here

Ron will be on 98.5 in a few minutes.  Is there anyone more depressing?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

Ron will be on 98.5 in a few minutes.  Is there anyone more depressing?

RESPONSE: Yes...UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggggg)", a/k/a Pinocchio (due to his propensity to lie), a/k/a Gomez Addams.

LOL!!! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can't stand this guy, he is a phony and he is a clueless clown. I remember him wanting to keep Bledsoe over Brady ten years ago - that's all I ever heard from him - how we needed to be loyal to the guy who built Gillette stadium and how Brady was a one year wonder...dumb.

Now he's going to complain that the pats did a deal that we've been wanting them to do for years? And he's bringing up the fact that the pats realize the window on Brady is closing? Isn't that what is happening? Isn't that what this guy complained about in the first place? How we didn't spend to the cap and didn't do enough with a window that was rapidly closing?

What a tool bag - why anyone would regularly read a single ouce of ink from this moron is beyond comprehension.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I can't stand this guy, he is a phony and he is a clueless clown. I remember him wanting to keep Bledsoe over Brady ten years ago - that's all I ever heard from him - how we needed to be loyal to the guy who built Gillette stadium and how Brady was a one year wonder...dumb.

Now he's going to complain that the pats did a deal that we've been wanting them to do for years? And he's bringing up the fact that the pats realize the window on Brady is closing? Isn't that what is happening? Isn't that what this guy complained about in the first place? How we didn't spend to the cap and didn't do enough with a window that was rapidly closing?

What a tool bag - why anyone would regularly read a single ouce of ink from this moron is beyond comprehension.

Just wait to Borges starts to really wail about how the Pats are doing Vince Wilfolk wrong. Geez! Maybe ol' Rotten Ron and UD6 are the same warped individual??

LOL!!! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

seems the Pats will start the whole thing over again next year though. who is to say that a Revis or Talib will be available, and if one is, what is next years cost going to be?

Guys ...   Babes point is a valid one and it is agout motivation.  Which guy has more to prove and goes out and does it?  That would be Revis and the 1 year deal.  Talib has his money and he could be stupid with it and underperform. Borges misses this point entirely.  Hes a tool.

Which guy is a better player comes down to who plays in more games at 100% or somehtin close to it.  Impossible to predict that but Revis has better track record.

Still think Franchising Talib was the best option since if you take into account he made 5 mil last year that is 2 years for 17 mil. Not bad .   Plus he stays hungry.

Shelf life for CB usually peters out around 30 years old.  Maybe Revis will get this and sign a cap friendly deal next year ...  He has made a fortune,  and he better back it up.

• Sections
    Shortcuts