Born to be a winner! TFB wins at the Kentucky Derby!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Born to be a winner! TFB wins at the Kentucky Derby!

These comments crack me up!  The video is hilarious, TFB is funny as hell.  You can tell the dude loves to have a good time!  He's having a fun time, come on... How many people don't act a bit silly when they are having fun? 

As far as the bow tie someone in here seems to have a problem with.. get real, dude!  That event is a time to dress like that, matter of fact check out the Derby Party Men's Attire section of the Kentucky Derby website, here is what it says..........

The Derby is one of the few times that gentlemen can dress up and stand out more than the ladies.  Classic styles of seersucker or khaki suits are nothing to miss but this year men have the chance to really turn some heads.

Starting with the pants because it is the eye-catcher from a distance, all gents should turn to sun drenched pants in vibrant colors like Key Lime, Ocean, Bermuda Pink, and Citron.  Any one of these colors paired with the right shirt and blazer will make you stand out like no one else.

Now that you have the pants you know that you’re going to have some fun with the shirts. A great dress shirt in a complimentary color will go a long way. Don’t be afraid to grab a fun gingham or striped shirt to turn it up. This is the one day of the year that more is better.  One option that is a must for some is the monogram on the shirt!

The jacket is what brings everything together and you can’t go wrong with the classic navy blazer. If you want to have a little fun on top though, a nice chalk stripe can really make the ladies’ big hats turn. As far as 2- button or 3-button it’s a person preference but we recommend sporting the 3- button side vent for a more polished look.

Next is the tie. Most gentlemen wear a necktie, but a bow tie is always an option. If you never wear bows, try it out this year and you may like it.

For neckwear this year there is only one option. Vineyard Vines is the official tie maker of the Kentucky Derby and they will make every man look dapper and distinguished.

Lastly, covering those feet with a nice pair of “sleds” is the right idea. There are many types of horse bit loafers out there and everyone has their idea of who makes the best ones. The most important thing you need to know is that they should be wore sockless.

Now you are ready to throw back some bourbon and tie on a bowtie. The most important thing about your Derby outfit is the secret for all successful men.

Now after reading that, do you really think TFB and the bow tie was foolish?  A fashion blunder?  It's about having fun, google men's attire for the Kentucky Derby and see all the bright, fun attire people wear to that event.  That's what it is about.... an event where people dress to have fun.  Seems to me Bassfishing2 doesn't get out to many fun parties or knows how to have a good time.  Sounds like Bassfishing2 has a problem with his own masculinity.

BTW, last I checked TFB is married to one of, if not the top model of all time and has been involved with another beauty named Bridget Moynahan.  I think he knows what he is doing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to jri37's comment:

98.5 has an audio of him squealing like a "pre pubescent boy".

Great.

More embarrassing off field stuff that will be all over the web.

Edit:  That video is embarrassing. Sorry, but it is.  The bow tie, the whole thing. Jesus. Absolutely embarrassing.

So you are embarrased about his style and squealing???

Did he embarass the Brand or Kraft? did he commit a crime? Is he doing anything that would considered wrong except for his attire and squealing???

Russ, relax he is who he is. The dancing in Rio  the water slide and this are funny. He doesn't seem to be embarrassed by these events and if anything he seems to have a pretty good sense of humor about them.

I am very relaxed.  Of course he didn't commit a crime.  Don't do that. 

Are you seriously not embarrassed that is your QB?  And you wonder why other fans like to make fun of him? Come on, dude.

He's a grown man for chrissakes.

If that was Sanchez, we'd be all over it making fun of him.

Well...you're allegedly a grown man, Rusty...and look at how you act! People in glass houses shouldn't be tossing stones, son.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Great.

Edit:  That video is embarrassing. Sorry, but it is.  The bow tie, the whole thing. Jesus. Absolutely embarrassing.

Did he embarass the Brand or Kraft? did he commit a crime? Is he doing anything that would considered wrong except for his attire and squealing???

Russ, relax he is who he is. The dancing in Rio  the water slide and this are funny. He doesn't seem to be embarrassed by these events and if anything he seems to have a pretty good sense of humor about them.

Are you seriously not embarrassed that is your QB?  And you wonder why other fans like to make fun of him? Come on, dude.

Well...you're allegedly a grown man, Rusty...and look at how you act! People in glass houses shouldn't be tossing stones, son.

And Boom goes they dynamite!!  Possibly the "In Your Face" post of the year right there!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

It's an unguarded moment. He's jubilant as you would expect him to be. He just won $23,000. Why shouldnt he be whooping it up? He isnt the only one screaming in the video btw. What's the big deal?

Except for his goofy hair, I have no problem with anything on the video

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

What I think is the funniest (which no one has mentioned) is that Wes Welker jumps on top of the pile at the very end because he wasn't getting any attention from Tom, Teddy or anyone else celebrating in that group!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

e: Born to be a winner! TFB wins at the Kentucky Derby!

I guess my point is, he's giving an interview about being lonley at the top with ESPN's Seth Wickersham and the next week he's out at the Derby acting somewhat childish.  You can't have it both ways acting like it's sad to be flying on private planes because you play pro sports for 20 mil a year and are married to a supermodel.

I don't agree with your accessment of the article.  It wasn't about him being lonely, it was about how he's seeing that with his success, his life & especially his kids lives will never be the same as what he remembers his to be & actually wishes his children could have lived a simpler, care-free life shildhood like he had.  That also, he doesn't know if there will ever be a time in his kids lives that they will really understand what he went through to become the success he is in life.

I can completely understand his frame of mind...As an old school adult, I was taught to work hard & provide for my children so that they will live a better life than me & not have to go through the struggles I would have to go through to provide such a lifestyle for my children. But once you reach that pinicle & goal, unfortunately all that hard work is lost to your children because they didn't grow up surrounded by the very trial that you faced & worked so hard that they would never have to face.

In actuallity, I think he is amazingly grounded under the circumstances he is living in.  I thought it was great to read how he always made sure he was around for his first son and made arrangements (that no one in the media knew about) to be able to see his son as much as possible, especially special mile stones in his son's life (unlike TMZ & other women's gossip groups want to portray him as a deadbeat to his ex)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I don't disparage him for how he acts or what he does in his personal life outside of football.

I say have some fun and enjoy your money and celebrity as much as possible without it affecting your day job.

That being said,  if I were in that position, I would probably be more like Gronk.  I like the way he has fun.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mrtm70's comment:

I guess my point is, he's giving an interview about being lonley at the top with ESPN's Seth Wickersham and the next week he's out at the Derby acting somewhat childish.  You can't have it both ways acting like it's sad to be flying on private planes because you play pro sports for 20 mil a year and are married to a supermodel.

I don't agree with your accessment of the article.  It wasn't about him being lonely, it was about how he's seeing that with his success, his life & especially his kids lives will never be the same as what he remembers his to be & actually wishes his children could have lived a simpler, care-free life shildhood like he had.  That also, he doesn't know if there will ever be a time in his kids lives that they will really understand what he went through to become the success he is in life.

I can completely understand his frame of mind...As an old school adult, I was taught to work hard & provide for my children so that they will live a better life than me & not have to go through the struggles I would have to go through to provide such a lifestyle for my children. But once you reach that pinicle & goal, unfortunately all that hard work is lost to your children because they didn't grow up surrounded by the very trial that you faced & worked so hard that they would never have to face.

In actuallity, I think he is amazingly grounded under the circumstances he is living in.  I thought it was great to read how he always made sure he was around for his first son and made arrangements (that no one in the media knew about) to be able to see his son as much as possible, especially special mile stones in his son's life (unlike TMZ & other women's gossip groups want to portray him as a deadbeat to his ex)

what's amazing to me is how Queenie's inane self-important judgements/comments actually elicited all these defenses of Brady and explanations as if his comments or brady needed them instead of a simple and appropriate "STFU" and moving on from this attention seeking silliness

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What I think is the funniest (which no one has mentioned) is that Wes Welker jumps on top of the pile at the very end because he wasn't getting any attention from Tom, Teddy or anyone else celebrating in that group!

Now your just being a hater.  I very seriously doubt that was the reason.  You really think they aren't still good friends because Wes is on a different team?  C'mon!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Brady was excited for the owner.  He's in the owner's box and only really lets out when he gets into their celebration. It's the biggest horse race don't ya know.

You really think he got that excited about the money?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Brady was excited for the owner.  He's in the owner's box and only really lets out when he gets into their celebration. It's the biggest horse race don't ya know.

You really think he got that excited about the money?

i think Rick Pitino owned part of one of the horses...was it Orb? i don't think so

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Now your just being a hater.  I very seriously doubt that was the reason.  You really think they aren't still good friends because Wes is on a different team?  C'mon!

really...how sad and stupid the original comment was

sorry just b/c fair weather spoiled fans now traet welker like he was a stiff and has the plague his friends aren't going to turn on him much as some of u would suggest something so DA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

sorry just b/c fair weather spoiled fans now traet welker like he was a stiff and has the plague his friends aren't going to turn on him much as some of u would suggest something so DA

Your ongoing, sentimental attachment to WW is a beautiful thing

Understandable too. I get it

If I were in your position, I'd feel the same way about him myself...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Wow...talk about needing to walk on egg shells in this place lately.

First off, I am not a fair weather fan (BDC had something going on with log in error for almost 2-3 weeks on my computer) and I usually don't comment much.

Secondly, I have not hated on WW & appreciate the player he is & was for the Pats (my father-in-law is still piss_d his Dolphins let him go)...I have commented in the past about the  aspect of how his new wife could have influenced his decision making during the FA process though.

Lastly...I do hate that people read more into what someone's typed comments try to communicate than what is articulating inside ones head.  Anyway, what I was saying is that WW was amongst the crew at the KD and it looked like he was being left out of the celebration & decided to jump on top of all of them to get in on the celebration.  I said nothing to insinuate that TB & WW's frendship ended when WW went to Denver.  But as anyone usually faces is that when you depart from a close friend, that friend makes other friendships away from you and when you come back around that friend with new said friends, there can be an akward feeling of being left out as the new said friends & your friend have new private jokes, etc....So I was just saying it look liked WW was feeling that type of situation & decided to just jump on top of the pile to feel involved.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

First off, I am not a fair weather fan (BDC had something going on with log in error for almost 2-3 weeks on my computer) and I usually don't comment much.

Secondly, I have not hated on WW & appreciate the player he is & was for the Pats (my father-in-law is still piss_d his Dolphins let him go)...I have commented in the past about the  aspect of how his new wife could have influenced his decision making during the FA process though.

Lastly...I do hate that people read more into what someone's typed comments try to communicate than what is articulating inside ones head.  Anyway, what I was saying is that WW was amongst the crew at the KD and it looked like he was being left out of the celebration & decided to jump on top of all of them to get in on the celebration.  I said nothing to insinuate that TB & WW's frendship ended when WW went to Denver.  But as anyone usually faces is that when you depart from a close friend, that friend makes other friendships away from you and when you come back around that friend with new said friends, there can be an akward feeling of being left out as the new said friends & your friend have new private jokes, etc....So I was just saying it look liked WW was feeling that type of situation & decided to just jump on top of the pile to feel involved.

Sorry, that was a kind of, "off the wall comment".  Why you would deduct that I have no idea.

Welker is a race horse owner himself, who was probably watching the race from a closer view point and then had to make his way back to the crowd to celebrate, not standing there...alone and dejected, in the not so close to TB anymore section.

They also flew there together with the owners.  Do you think they made him sit coach?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Your ongoing, sentimental attachment to WW is a beautiful thing

Understandable too. I get it

If I were in your position, I'd feel the same way about him myself...

I have no idea what ur talking about and am not sure you do either

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Brady's just fired up because his horse won, he's into the derby and goes every year. It's probably the first time his horse won. I was a lot louder than Brady was when Adam split the uprights against the Rams at the end of 36. You can see Bruschi and butterfingers in the video too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'll tell you what's sad:  a thread about an exceptional quarterback who plays for our favorite football team enjoying himself at the Kentucky Derby turns into a dumba$$ flame war. 

I'm happy as he11 Brady had a blast at the Derby and couldn't give a rat's a_ss about how much he bet, his hair, his flippin bowtie or how he celebrated after winning.

Rant complete, carry on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Great.

no i wouldnt. 

that takes a person who feels small and inadequate inside (even if parts of our society teach that is what you "should" do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The derby tradition is a Halloween costume contest.  by standards , Brady was under dressed. Now lets see Giselle's hat. I bet that's a beaut.  I still stand by Brady was happy for the horses owner.  Heck he was in the winning box, he knows that feeling. Glad he still has the passion to win. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

The derby tradition is a Halloween costume contest.  by standards , Brady was under dressed.

Exactly! LOL at people making fun of him wearing a bow tie for goodness sakes.  Check out some of the attire people wear to the Kentuck Derby..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That's Kentucky Deby styling right there, folks!! That's how the Big Boy's role!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Isn't that what you are doing from viewing a small clip of the celebration?  You don't know if they were hanging out together before or after yet you base your opinion o Wes Welker being "left out" based on that small clip.

And 42&46 is correct when he says people here treat Welker like a stiff now, because many people here do.  Pretty sad, imo.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts