Boston Conspirocy Theory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Boston Conspirocy Theory

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

I still think it was a tough call.  But what if the Cards had lost?  They would have had a legit claim that they got shafted.  I think JF is as much to blame for that loss as anyone.  He is not as good with the Xs & Os as Tito.

Yes, and I agree.  If the Sox had a base runner going home and that happened and they didn't get the call we would all be furious and we would have a right to be furious.

With the pushing call last weekend, the ref was right there, it would have been horrible for him NOT to make the call against the Pats.

Can't really argue for the Pats or Sox, as both calls were correct, unfortunately.  If I could make an argument, it would be that Craig was out of the baseline.  That's about the best argument you could make.

Umm, why wasn't it made against Coples in regulation then?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9888642/nfl-warns-all-32-head-coaches-continue-enforce-push-rule

Face it, no one was thinking of that rule in either case, but the refs felt obligated to do so in OT after being threatened by the Jets sidelines.

FACT

Stop trolling. THe board was so much better with you gone before.

What kind of threats might the Jets have perpetrated upon NFL officials to get them to make a call? 

The Jets admitted they asked the refs to make the call.    If you have the refs' bosses sending memos out and the coaches telling them to call it, that can be seen as influencing the officiating. Yes.

They asked the refs to make the call?  Do you have a link for this?  Perhaps you are confusing alterting the NFL to the Patriots previous cheating ways against  the Saints that they had on film?  Are the Jets able to get the refs to call any penalty they want? Against any team?  Do they have to be playing in that game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

Does it matter if the runner is off the baseline? It should.

Allen Craig #21 of the St. Louis Cardinals

good point the runner was kinda Inside -- never caught that?

I had to teach Harvery about baselines earlier in the post.  The baseline is within three feet of the line. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I still think it was a tough call.  But what if the Cards had lost?  They would have had a legit claim that they got shafted.  I think JF is as much to blame for that loss as anyone.  He is not as good with the Xs & Os as Tito.

Yes, and I agree.  If the Sox had a base runner going home and that happened and they didn't get the call we would all be furious and we would have a right to be furious.

With the pushing call last weekend, the ref was right there, it would have been horrible for him NOT to make the call against the Pats.

Can't really argue for the Pats or Sox, as both calls were correct, unfortunately.  If I could make an argument, it would be that Craig was out of the baseline.  That's about the best argument you could make.

Umm, why wasn't it made against Coples in regulation then?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9888642/nfl-warns-all-32-head-coaches-continue-enforce-push-rule

Face it, no one was thinking of that rule in either case, but the refs felt obligated to do so in OT after being threatened by the Jets sidelines.

FACT

Stop trolling. THe board was so much better with you gone before.

What kind of threats might the Jets have perpetrated upon NFL officials to get them to make a call? 

The Jets admitted they asked the refs to make the call.    If you have the refs' bosses sending memos out and the coaches telling them to call it, that can be seen as influencing the officiating. Yes.

They asked the refs to make the call?  Do you have a link for this?  Perhaps you are confusing alterting the NFL to the Patriots previous cheating ways against  the Saints that they had on film?  Are the Jets able to get the refs to call any penalty they want? Against any team?  Do they have to be playing in that game?

Maybe the pats also have to actually COMMIT THE PENALTY.  which they did.  Flags thrown.

Sections
Shortcuts