Boston.com not keeping up with espnboston.com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesttuff. Show thesttuff's posts

Boston.com not keeping up with espnboston.com

Most people who are going to read this are just as nuts as me when it comes to sports in boston.  Ill admit sometimes its a little over board and i get yelled at time by my girl.  To get to the point, I want more articles from boston.com.  It seems like espnboston.com theres a new article every couple of hours.  Mike Reiss is always updating about the pats.  Cant boston.com do a little more?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

Re: Boston.com not keeping up with espnboston.com

I have been a Boston Globe reader all of my life... But both the paper and the online version are second rate now.  I find myself looking to espnboston.com for sports, wcvb.com for weather, wbur and npr.com for insightful analysis.

Unless the Globe does somthing about it's less than inspiring web site, it's relevance in Boston will be just a memory of when times were simple.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It doesn't look as if the Globe is going to bother even trying to compete on an informational level. Everything on this site -- and I don't just mean the sports pages -- is written as if it's a column. The days of guys like Peter Gammons and Will McDonough and even Bob Ryan, before he lost his mind, giving you information you can't get anywhere else are long, long gone. It appears the Globe is more interested in promoting its slant and stirring the pot than being a legitimate source of reliable information. I don't really have a problem with that. The newspaper as a viable medium is choking out a slow death, it seems to me, and while websites like this might prolong the illusion of viability for an institution as storied as the Globe, I don't think the Times Corp. cares enough about this site to retain the kind of talent it would take to herald a new era.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It doesn't look as if the Globe is going to bother even trying to compete on an informational level. Everything on this site -- and I don't just mean the sports pages -- is written as if it's a column. The days of guys like Peter Gammons and Will McDonough and even Bob Ryan, before he lost his mind, giving you information you can't get anywhere else are long, long gone. It appears the Globe is more interested in promoting its slant and stirring the pot than being a legitimate source of reliable information. I don't really have a problem with that. The newspaper as a viable medium is choking out a slow death, it seems to me, and while websites like this might prolong the illusion of viability for an institution as storied as the Globe, I don't think the Times Corp. cares enough about this site to retain the kind of talent it would take to herald a new era.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Reiss is a one dimensional character who has never taken a side, made a stand or had an original thought.........ever.

He put's the van in vanilla and the bl in bland.  If Howdy Doody could write his pen name would be Mike Reiss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Reiss was the major reason I came here now it is just to keep in touch with all the nuts (affectionally said) on the forum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Reiss is the only Boston Sports writer that has any credibility (Gammons is a close second).  All the others write mostly dumb articles to try to sell papers...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Boston.com not keeping up with espnboston.com:
    "Taken a stand"? He's a beat writer. His job is to cover the team, not loook ignorant writing a column with an agenda/"take a stand".   Good grief.
    Posted by russgriswold

His claim to semi local fame is his Mail Bag where he is supposed to have an opinion, take a stand and not constantly sit on the fence (unless he like the feel).

He's a BLOG'er not a columnist.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Why is it some people think Fox News is such a bad news organization? It can't be they have partisan biases can it?  If that was the case I could say CNN is the Communist News Netwoirk or CNBC is incapable of non-partisan reporting... "I get a shiver when I hear Obama speak"-Mathews. I guess they don't know that in several major polls Fox News is considered the most trusted News Organization and they are killing the other news networks in ratings... but back to Sports and this Site... It serves a purpose and I occasionaly find content that is interesting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Boston.com not keeping up with espnboston.com:
    Reiss is a one dimensional character who has never taken a side, made a stand or had an original thought.........ever. He put's the van in vanilla and the bl in bland.  If Howdy Doody could write his pen name would be Mike Reiss.
    Posted by Tcal2

I remember thinking this when he was here, but I would take Reiss any day over Gaspar and Breer.  Now I have to go to espnboston for news and to the globe for discussion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

tcal, if you took a few minutes to read Reiss' new blog, you would see that he has in fact become more outward in terms of giving his own opinion on stuff. He recently trashed Asante Samuel pretty harshly, and has been critical of Bill Polian and others, and very strongly defended BB after the "4th and 2" incident.  

He's a beat writer, his job is to report, not write editorials.  But your assertion is just wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I'll never forgive ESpN for how they handled the spygate scandle or how they slandered Moss before the Superbowl.

As far as I'm concerned ESPN is a gossip rag writen by a bunch of old biddies

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

What is Tomasse doing these days?......now there's a sportswriter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

The reason I used to visit this site was to read the carefully thought out inputs of Mike Reiss. Once he left for ESPN, I had no option but to turn to the dark side. As much as I hate ESPN, I must admit that they are miles ahead when it comes to sports atricles. Reiss' mailbag and his Thursday chat are a hit. I don't even believe there is any chat/mailbag option in this website and that is sad. Reiss keeps you occupied even during off season with his tid bits. He also has Tedy Bruschi as his parter in crime and was able to explain several Xs and Os of football which this website cannot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

russ and pye,  you both have a right to like and dislike who want.  Just because your view of Riess differs from mine doesn't make it right/wrong or better/worse just different.  I respect how you feel and that's fine.

I don't like him and I gave the reason why.  Maybe I'd have a little more respect for the man if after reading for 3 years how we gott'a keep giving Maroney another chance because he young, cheap, talented and has great potential he finally now is saying "it probably time to move in a different direction" (something lame like that).  How about:  I was dead wrong about Maroney.  The guy is a huge bust.  Then I would like Mike again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesttuff. Show thesttuff's posts

No doubt that the globe needs to stop attacking the pats and give us facts.  i want facts not jargon.

Sections
Shortcuts