Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game....

At least Brady put his team AHEAD with a min to go.....not a key pick to lose it.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game....

Brady has had how many INTs in the 3 SBs?

1?

Ben now has 3 TDs and 5 INTs.

Debate well over now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game....:
    [QUOTE]At least Brady put his team AHEAD with a min to go.....not a key pick to lose it.....
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

Oh great. Here come the endless "if Manning choked, so did Brady" posts from IUD.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

How can you call it a 'choke' when he didn't play any different then he always does. His accuracy, or lack of it, has been more evident this season then ever.
    He's been saved by his receivers far too many times. And he sure doesn't have the arm that Brady or Manning have. He's has underthrown Mike Wallace consistently all season. They usually win in spite of Ben, but just got beat by a better team yesterday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game....:
    [QUOTE]How can you call it a 'choke' when he didn't play any different then he always does. His accuracy, or lack of it, has been more evident this season then ever. He's been saved by his receivers far too many times. And he sure doesn't have the arm that Brady or Manning have. He's has underthrown Mike Wallace consistently all season. They usually win in spite of Ben, but just got beat by a better team yesterday.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

I'll give the Steelers credit. I thought the game was over until the Steelers scored just before halftime. They made a game of it in the second half.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think the OP is calling it that because every time Brady loses a game, the dramatic word of "choke" is attached to it for effect.

Just like NE "cheats" and that word.

He didn't choke. He was outplayed by a superior QB. 

I saw the usual Roethlisberger, to be honest. Pretty good, inconsistent, prone to taking a sack that hurts field position, a few nice throws, etc.

He battles.  I won't take that away from him, but his average showings in the SB (minus that great throw to win SB 43) pretty much sums up his career.

He's an above average QB who happens to play for a top 5 organization.

He's Jim Plunkett of this era.

I thought Pitt matched up poorly with GB going into this game and I think GB allowed Pitt back in it by dropping perfectly thrown balls for huge gains to extend drives.

That Jones drop was 7 points. 

That was GB's inexperience showing up, which allowed the more experienced Pitt to be patient and stay focused.

If LeBeau retires, I think that's a huge blow to Pitt's season next year.  Cleveland will be better as will Baltimore, most likely.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Do you know what Brady's record is in the playoffs when he is down by more than 3 points at anytime in the second half of those games? 

2-4. 

In one of those wins - SD, he was bailed out by his receiver late in the 4th who recovered a fumbled Brady Int which might have sealed the game for the Chargers.  The recovery left a short field from which to score and tie the game.

Not all that impressive. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Why do people call losing by a FG on the heels of divine intervention "choking"?

I saw a good Giants team outplay NE on the line.  That's what allowed the miracle catch to occur.

We'll never see a catch like that ever again with a defender hanging all over the receiver, as long as we're on this planet.

Both D's played very well in SB 42, NY just made one more play to win it.

The biggest chokes are probably the Colts to the Jets, the Bills to the Giants and probably the Rams in SB 36 to our beloved talentless Pats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The whole "choke" thing is just dumb. There are lots of reasons why teams lose big games but it's rarely because the QB isn't mentally able to handle the pressure of a big game. I didn't see any sign that Roethlisberger choked. I just think the Packers game plan and defensive execution was good enough to force Roethlisberger into mistakes in areas where he's prone to make them anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I also don't like it when I hear people who dislike the Patriots using the term 'cheater' to try and taint the Patriots great success over the years. I think most of the regular posters on here like BBReigns & MVPkilla4life are knowledgeable enough to know that it was pretty much a normal game for Ben. Hat's off to the Packers,
    they were by far the better team last night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game....:
    [QUOTE]I hate it when people do this, cause its is just way too easy for anyone to point out that Brady has also choked big time in the super bowl. Or i should say the Pats have since its not a one player game. But seriously the Pats could have gone 19-0 and they choked bigger then anyone ever so we as Pats fans shouldn't be calling anyone out for choking.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I have to agree 100% with MVP. Do I call that loss a choke, No! An epic upset is more like it! But us Patriot fans can no longer talk smack about the Colts past play-off losses!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think the reality holds true:

In the cap era, one or maybe even two seemingly small mistakes, can make the difference.

In 1985 when the Bears are playing the NE Patriots in the SB, a score like 46-10 is far more likely than these barnburners we see now in the SB.

The degree of difficulty and margin of error are so high and so fine, no one really chokes.

Outplayed? Sure.

If Troy Aikman throws a pick in the 1992 SB in the Rose Bowl, he's going to get bailed out because his team is loaded and the Buffalo Bills don't match up well with his team.

It's just completely different now. The QB that makes the least mistakes, usually wins 9/10.

You choke when you don't show up and get blown out of a game. That's a choke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

The biggest chokes are probably the Colts to the Jets, the Bills to the Giants and probably the Rams in SB 36 to our beloved talentless Pats.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I can't agree with you on that BB. Once again I would call those upsets. The Bills to my knowledge and if I remember correctly were heavily favored to win that Superbowl as well as the Rams. The fact that they lost should not be defined as just "they choked". The Giants and the Patriots both had very good defensive game plans (ironic huh?). To say that the Bills and Rams choked is another way of saying that the Pats and Giants got lucky. I refuse to believe that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

You choke when you don't show up and get blown out of a game. That's a choke.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Now that should be defined as a choke!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game.... :  The biggest chokes are probably the Colts to the Jets, the Bills to the Giants and probably the Rams in SB 36 to our beloved talentless Pats. Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE] I can't agree with you on that BB. Once again I would call those upsets. The Bills to my knowledge and if I remember correctly were heavily favored to win that Superbowl as well as the Rams. The fact that they lost should not be defined as just "they choked". The Giants and the Patriots both had very good defensive game plans (ironic huh?). To say that the Bills and Rams choked is another way of saying that the Pats and Giants got lucky. I refuse to believe that. 
    Posted by Rodimus77[/QUOTE]

I agree.  That is why I don't feel NE choked in SB 42.  These people aren't robots. It's not a video game.

NE was lucky to even go 16-0, so that has no bearing on Super Bowl Sunday.

You can't discredit a team that worked that hard to win. 

I was just saying, I would call the talent discrepancy of the games I mentioned more so closer to a choke than SB 42 and NE losing with some miracle duck thrown into the air and a catch off a helmet with an All Pro Safety draped all over the receiver.

That's sports. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

Every playoffs game is important.  The chokers are:
    1. Peyton Manning (W: 9 L: 10)
    2. Dan Marino (W: 8 L: 10)
    3. Brett Favre (W: 12 L: 10)
    4. Jim Kelly (W: 9 L: 8)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Big Ben didn't choke he just got outplayed. 

The Giants loss was very similar but with more miracles to seal the deal. 

Brady had a decent game against the Giants, not brilliant, but decent. It's his more recent playoff exits that have disappointed. However, the whole resume counts. 

Ben is young so he still has the chance to add a couple more rings. But right now he lost the chance to add to his legacy. So did Manning, so did Brady. Though Brady did compile some Manning type stats this year for those who are into that (MVP, etc). 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]I hate it when people do this, cause its is just way too easy for anyone to point out that Brady has also choked big time in the super bowl. Or i should say the Pats have since its not a one player game. But seriously the Pats could have gone 19-0 and they choked bigger then anyone ever so we as Pats fans shouldn't be calling anyone out for choking.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

could not agree more. lets get off this choke thing...

Hard for us to call out someone else when we lose in the first playoff game after going 14-2 in the regular season..especially to a team we beat by 6 touchdowns earlier !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donk3. Show donk3's posts

Fat Ben did not choke in the Super Bowl.  He played poorly in the three SBs he has been in and they won two of them anyway.  The media tries to portray him as a great quarterback when he is not even close to the elite.  Payton Manning, the man who was born to be a quarterback and, maybe, the best ever has played so many great games and is such an important part of his team, that when he does not play great, they lose.  Brady is in the same boat.  If Tom doesn't put up huge numbers and throw for a bunch of TDs, they get beat.  Compared to Fat Ben, Brady played great in the Jet game and lost.  Fat Ben played poorly against the Jets and won the game.  The fact that the Steelers win games despite Fat Ben must drive Brady and Payton Manning crazy.  However, the league does seem to root for the Steelers (with calls) and Indianapolis (ignoring the crowd noise that is piped through the PA system of their dome).  Fat Ben gets the credit when they win and none of the blame when they lose.  The fact is that the Steelers D couldn't win this game for them as they did all season.  They got beat by a better team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

donk - I was feeling your post until you threw in the calls and the piped in crowd noise, especially when it was known that the pats used soak their field then cover it so it wouldn't dry out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Who cares if the field is outside of and a victim of mother nature?

At least those are natural elements.

Manufactured crowd noise not only makes your fans look pathetic, but it's trying affect the game illegally as it's being played that day.

I suppose Pioli could have choked a few stadium offficials in an elevator, pre-game though, right?

lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Since when did Belichick and a sprinkler system become mother nature? 

I'm still waiting for the proof that the colts piped in noise, especially considering that the pats business partner, CBS, copped to the problem.  They are not Indy's business partner. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

"Sprinkler system"?  What are you talking about?   

Your little concocted ideas you need to believe in order to justify why the Colts are a finesse team doesn't mean NE turned on a sprinkler system.

This is football, not baseball or basketball.

Mother nature is mother nature. If it snows, too bad.

I think the best proof of the crowd noise is multiple teams believing it and the media contingents also hearing the noise coming down at certain, like-clockwork times during games.

I liked the interview of the Colts stadium employee who admitted someone controlled the PA system during the game the best.

That, of course was buried by Goodell and the media to protect the beloved Colts.

Underpants exposed again:

"Foley has been shooting sports for more than a decade. He was covering the game for WBZ-TV and claims the noise in the RCA Dome was deafening when the Patriots had the ball. "It was almost silent when the Colts had the ball," he said. The noise was so bad he asked a security guard about it. "I asked him, 'Do you go home at night with a headache? Because it's early in the first quarter and my head is already hurting.' He said, 'I don't know if you know this, but they actually pick up the crowd noise and pump it back through the P.A. (public address system)'"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]donk - I was feeling your post until you threw in the calls and the piped in crowd noise, especially when it was known that the pats used soak their field then cover it so it wouldn't dry out.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to this by any chance? That should be an interesting read.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

While melted snow could certainly soak a field, I was talking about watering the grass (remember when the pats had grass) excessively and then covered the field so the water would not evaporate. 

Even if Mother nature provided the water, mother nature didn't provide the tarp.

Sections
Shortcuts