Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game....

Jean Van de Velde, now that guy choked. The '86 Red Sox choked as did the 2004 Yankees. The Houston team that blew that 30 point lead to the Bills choked.

Getting beat is not choking, even if you're highly favored. It's just getting beat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game....:
    [QUOTE]While melted snow could certainly soak a field, I was talking about watering the grass (remember when the pats had grass) excessively and then covered the field so the water would not evaporate.  Even if Mother nature provided the water, mother nature didn't provide the tarp.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

What game was this?  Just because Bill Polian makes things up and acts holier than thou doesn't mean it's true.

What is your response to this primary source?

Underpants exposed again:

"Foley has been shooting sports for more than a decade. He was covering the game for WBZ-TV and claims the noise in the RCA Dome was deafening when the Patriots had the ball. "It was almost silent when the Colts had the ball," he said. The noise was so bad he asked a security guard about it. "I asked him, 'Do you go home at night with a headache? Because it's early in the first quarter and my head is already hurting.' He said, 'I don't know if you know this, but they actually pick up the crowd noise and pump it back through the P.A. (public address system)'"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

whoops - my apologies.  I got this wrong. 

Here's the link.  The pats did not cover the field when it rained so that they had a soaked field.  Pathetic.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2005-01-13/sports/0501130345_1_patriots-defensive-end-richard-seymour-colts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

You got it wrong?  Really, Underpants?

Only you would think an underground sprinkler system would be effective in January in Foxborough.

Did your IQ go down over the weekend?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Happened a long time ago and I didn't remember it correctly.  I got it right here.  Doesn't change the facts.  When the pats could have taken an opportunity to put the field in the best possible shape, they chose not to. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game....:
    [QUOTE]Do you know what Brady's record is in the playoffs when he is down by more than 3 points at anytime in the second half of those games?  2-4.  In one of those wins - SD, he was bailed out by his receiver late in the 4th who recovered a fumbled Brady Int which might have sealed the game for the Chargers.  The recovery left a short field from which to score and tie the game. Not all that impressive. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

and what is mannings record when down by more than three in the second half?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

No rule.  Pure gamesmanship. 

But don't you find it funny that Belichick complained about field conditions in Houston where Welker was hurt while allowing a field to be soaked when it suits him?  

As for the crowd noise.  Again, CBS copped to that problem.  Why even bring that up?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Both Manning and Roethlesberger each Choked in the big game.... : and what is mannings record when down by more than three in the second half?
    Posted by flutie66[/QUOTE]

its a good question.  I'd imagine its not great, but the point is someone is suggesting chokes here.  Pittsburgh had a significant deficit to overcome and they didn't.  Same with Manning last year.  When Brady's been in the same position, he hasn't fared well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

How does the Patriots soaking a field give them an advantage? Did their team have flippers and the other didn't?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

I like this list

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-top-10-Super-Bowl-quarterbacks?urn=nfl-316996

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

How in the He!! would any players know whether or not the colts were pumping crowd noise through speakers that were affixed to the roof of the stadium? 

You seem to be a little pissy tas.  Heck at least I can provide something substansive.  All you've said is players said the colts pumped noise.  Did they fly up to the roof to hear the crowd noise?  Give me a break. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Though the three turnovers were surely the reason the Packers won last night, you really can't totally blame Roethlisberger for his two picks. His OL let a rusher through who then hit his arm when he threw the pick-six. And the second was a great play by the DB on a ball that was in the WR's hands. Mendenhall should have held onto the ball better on the fumble, though. Still, it was a good "sandwich" by GB. Ben does make plays, he just doesn't do it consistently. He's more like Favre than he is Brady or Manning. He is successful because he has a great defense, and some playmakers on offense. He's also hard to get down in the open field. But put him on a team that doesn't have the talent of the Steelers and he's maybe a .500 QB. Still, they almost came back in the end. Though if the Packers' WRs didn't drop all those balls that hit them in the hands it would not have been close. I wouldn't say he choked. That classification is for games like the last SB, where Manning threw the pick-six, or the 04 divisional game where the "unstoppable" offense only put up 3 points. Or the loss to the Jests 41-0! I'd say the only ones who "choked" in SB 42 were the defense of NE. How many times did they have ahold of Eli only to let him escape and complete a pass? Or the missed INT by Asante which would have sealed the win? The only playoff choke Brady had (IMO) is the Denver game. All the other losses except for this last one the defense failed to stop the opponent. In the 06 AFCCG and SB 42 they had the lead late and lost it. In the Jests game the WRs could not get open, and still Brady only threw the one pick. Both teams made some great plays and also some mistakes last night. But GB did a better job of overcoming them, and managed to do what the #1 defense could not...take the ball away. We all seem to use the term "choke" a bit loosely around here. In the playoffs, and especially the SB, both teams are good and on a roll. It only takes a couple plays, good or bad, to determine the difference between winning and losing. I'm glad the Packers won, though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

[QUOTE]The whole "choke" thing is just dumb. There are lots of reasons why teams lose big games but it's rarely because the QB isn't mentally able to handle the pressure of a big game. I didn't see any sign that Roethlisberger choked. I just think the Packers game plan and defensive execution was good enough to force Roethlisberger into mistakes in areas where he's prone to make them anyway.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Actually McNabb choked, on his own vomit even.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Please do not compare Manning and Brady. Brady mans up and admits his faults when he loses and and doesn't throw his teamates and coaching staff under the bus like Manning. Brady is also up 3-2 vs. 1-2. Character and rings are much more important that league MVP's and pro bowl selections. Brady is clutch. Manning is choke. That is a fact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Ohh so throwing pick 6s, in a superbowl loss ISNT choking???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donk3. Show donk3's posts

As far as tampering with the field......Don Shula wrote the book on it.  He let the Orange Bowl become a mud pit in the AFC title game against the Jets (NY Sack Exchange) Remember when they played in NY???  It was only when the snow plow cleared a spot that Shula (on the rules commitee and the scheduling commitee) pushed to change the rules about the field since he got beat.  Indianapolis does pipe crowd noise in their dome.........The LA Lakers used to over-inflate the basketballs to make for longer rebounds and their greyhounds could run.  Teams do it.....Obviously the Colts are not above doing their own thing to improve their chances.  Ask yourself why Indy seems to get most of the big non div. games in their dome.  Could it be that they get beat when they have to deal with the elements......Outside where football is SUPPOSED to be played?  Is the NFL ignoring the piped in crowd noise?  Yes....Remember that their dream Super Bowl is the two Manning brothers playing eachother.  They think everyone on the planet will be watching and, in turn, make a ton of money.  Also think about this......When Elway was in Denver and they were a second half team.....The altitude killed the other teams in the second half giving them the best home field advantage in professional sports.  This was proven time and time again.  If I am hosting a dome team I want it to be cold and wet.  But at least those are natural elements.....Manufactured crowd noise is not natural and that makes it not kosher.