Bottom line: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Bottom line: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks

The Packers chose Casey Hayward. The Patriots chose Jake Bequette, Nate Ebner, Alfonzo Dennard and Jeremy Ebert.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Re: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks

i'd personally rather 1 quality player than 4 fringe players. but we'll see i suppose. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: Bottom line: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks

could be sign and cuts.  could be tom bradys

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

lets see if dennard can plead down, optimistically to misdemeanor.
    otherwise were talking probation at the least. dangerous for a guy like him. no minor messups after that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Here is some good video of the 7th round pick torching the 2nd round pick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWH9nzK-r80&feature=related

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" i'd personally rather 1 quality player than 4 fringe players. but we'll see i suppose. "

But since you have no idea, nor does anyone else, who the "quality" players from this draft will be, getting four players for one is not so shabby now is it? 

Since the draft is to some degree a crapshoot, having more picks is a good thing. 

The first round, aside from perhaps quarterbacks, is where there is a bit more connectioon between where a player is picked and how well they turn out, so it's good to see the Pats stick with those picks and even trade up. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Bottom line: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks:
    [QUOTE]Here is some good video of the 7th round pick torching the 2nd round pick... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWH9nzK-r80&feature=related
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

Great video . . . the "torching" occurs around 50 seconds--recommended viewing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Actually he torched him on a number of TDs in that video. The last one was actually worst - fakes the slant and runs the out completely uncovered.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

In Response to Re: Bottom line: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks:
    [QUOTE]Here is some good video of the 7th round pick torching the 2nd round pick... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWH9nzK-r80&feature=related

That was a good throw by the QB. Tough to defend. Also, Wilson clearly thought he had help on that play.

Anyway, my thoughts on Wilson are that BB took him because of his tackling ability more than anything else. How many times over the last few seasons have we seen WRs or RBs catch a little hitch pass, break tackles or make the Pats' DBs miss, and turn a 4-yard pass into a 24-yard gain?

Wilson may not have the best coverage skills in the world, but if he can tackle a WR 5 yards beyond the LOS on 3rd and 7, that works for me.

We'll see how it plays out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bottom line: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks : That was a good throw by the QB. Tough to defend. Also, Wilson clearly thought he had help on that play. Anyway, my thoughts on Wilson are that BB took him because of his tackling ability more than anything else. How many times over the last few seasons have we seen WRs or RBs catch a little hitch pass, break tackles or make the Pats' DBs miss, and turn a 4-yard pass into a 24-yard gain? Wilson may not have the best coverage skills in the world, but if he can tackle a WR 5 yards beyond the LOS on 3rd and 7, that works for me. We'll see how it plays out.
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]

Wow settling for excuses 24 hours after the draft?  I make no excuses for any of them.... PERIOD!  He got burned by a good WR, several times.... doesn't matter whether his strength is coverage or not, he was burned.   ALL of that being said- I also expect NOTHING from any of these choices other than for them to keep their noses clean until training camp.  If they do that we shall all see what BB thought he had found as he begins to tutor them on the fine art of being a Patriot.  SO many of you "Wanabees" here actually think that it matters if we grab a piece of tape and prove someone does bad..... and so many others just can't wait to make excuses.   HOW ABOUT WE GIVE THEM ALL WHAT OUR FOREFATHERS WANTED AMERICANS TO HAVE MOST.....  The right to fail- come back and succeed when they retry.....  YEPPERS that is it.... that is one of the things that our forefathers wanted most....  That is why there is no gaurantee to happiness... but rather a PURSUIT of said happiness...   THESE kids ALL have a lot to learn to be great NFL players.... don't become their crutch at this early stage..... if they "F'd" up then that is what they did.... LEARN AND DO IT RIGHT THE NEXT TIME.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bottom line: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks : Wow settling for excuses 24 hours after the draft?  I make no excuses for any of them.... PERIOD!  He got burned by a good WR, several times.... doesn't matter whether his strength is coverage or not, he was burned.   ALL of that being said- I also expect NOTHING from any of these choices other than for them to keep their noses clean until training camp.  If they do that we shall all see what BB thought he had found as he begins to tutor them on the fine art of being a Patriot.  SO many of you "Wanabees" here actually think that it matters if we grab a piece of tape and prove someone does bad..... and so many others just can't wait to make excuses.   HOW ABOUT WE GIVE THEM ALL WHAT OUR FOREFATHERS WANTED AMERICANS TO HAVE MOST.....  The right to fail- come back and succeed when they retry.....  YEPPERS that is it.... that is one of the things that our forefathers wanted most....  That is why there is no gaurantee to happiness... but rather a PURSUIT of said happiness...   THESE kids ALL have a lot to learn to be great NFL players.... don't become their crutch at this early stage..... if they "F'd" up then that is what they did.... LEARN AND DO IT RIGHT THE NEXT TIME.
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

Explanations of what happened on a play are not excuses. Yes, he gave up a long TD pass on that play; but the TV analyst--who knows more about the game of football than do I--said that Wilson thought he had help on the play. Also, that was a good throw by the QB.

Doesn't matter really, does it?

We just have to wait and see with all of these guys.

Remember, Jon Randle--Hall of Famer--went undrafted, and Deacon Jones went in the 14th round.

You just never know what's going to happen with draft picks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Wilson played most of his senior season at corner because of need. He is better at the safety position.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Don't think Wilson was drafted as a cover corner; he's a safety and, by the accounts that I've read, a hard hitting one. 

I also like the results of trading that 62nd pick and I look forward to seeing how it all turns out.

Draft picks are indeed a crap shoot - my favorite examples are Ryan Leaf and Rick Mirer.  And then there's Tom Brady.  Who knows for sure?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Found this video of newly signed DE/OLB Trevor Scott while checking out the videos of our new draft picks. Looks like hes Getting ready to be a beast and return to the player he was his first two years in the league. Video start with Scott Squating 415Lbs.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw7AU3ABYPw&feature=related

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bottom line: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks : Great video . . . the "torching" occurs around 50 seconds--recommended viewing. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Its actually a very good video of Ebert. Seems like he will be competition for Edelmann and Gonzalez going into camp. And on the replay the announcer actually blames the safety fo jumping up and that Wilson should have had help over the top.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks:
    [QUOTE]i'd personally rather 1 quality player than 4 fringe players. but we'll see i suppose. 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

you should apply for the GM position in Cleveland then

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I saw the video (and others)...it's amazing that there actually is a video of our seventh round pick torching our super reach 2nd round selection. I've watched 4 videos of "super reach" and he has looked like a priority undrafted free agent in all of them. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In Response to Re: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks : you should apply for the GM position in Cleveland then
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

KansasPat ...

Here in the East  - we generally allow for debate .

No offense but did u forget to change the feminine hygiene product again this weekend ?

Lots of snippy comments coming from you all over the BDC board and nary a constructive observation to be found .

This is a FORUM ...
    The whole point of which is to share opinions - including those that may be contrary to the jack-booted , party-line screeds that too often spew from Midwestern based "family values" types .

Try endeavoring to show the same respect that others begrudgingly show to you.

You ain't in Kansas anymore .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]" i'd personally rather 1 quality player than 4 fringe players. but we'll see i suppose. " But since you have no idea, nor does anyone else, who the "quality" players from this draft will be, getting four players for one is not so shabby now is it?  Since the draft is to some degree a crapshoot, having more picks is a good thing.  The first round, aside from perhaps quarterbacks, is where there is a bit more connectioon between where a player is picked and how well they turn out, so it's good to see the Pats stick with those picks and even trade up. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

The thing about that is that the further you get away from the 1st the less likely you are to find a starter. In other words you have a better shot of finding a quality starter with 1 pick in the 2nd then you do with 10 picks in the 7th. The general formula that amazing works out is that in the 1st you have a 2/3rds shot of finding a productive starter in the 1st (1 out of 3 never become productive starters, and I'm not talking pro-bowlers just starters). For every round thereafter you divide that in half.

So yes more is better but more in lower rounds isn't always better then less in earlier rounds.

Now with that said #62 was turned into a good reliable pass rusher that is also strong against the run. He has starter potential with great rotational potential. They also got a returner in the late 7th that might or might not improve the return game, a DB with huge upside and either a slot CB or a starting caliber FS if he can stay under control, and a high upside SS that will at worst make some good plays as a gunner.

Dennard combined with Bequette might be worth #62 by themselves. The other two would be icing at that point. But you remove Dennard from the equation and toss in player X at that point and the value for that pick might not be there

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Bottom line: BB traded 62nd pick for 90th, 197th, 224th and 235th picks:
    [QUOTE]  The Packers chose Casey Hayward. The Patriots chose Jake Bequette, Nate Ebner, Alfonzo Dennard and Jeremy Ebert.
    Posted by vtfanofcs[/QUOTE]

Umm, that's not even close.  BB's chances of hitting are much higher than GBs. And considering BB's work with undrafted or back round players in recent years, wise move.

BB didn't like the depth of this draft, so he's putting odds into trying for more than hit by adding 3 picks.

GB wanted Hayward, BB wanted odds.