BountyGate Quyestion - Can somebody explain to Me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

BountyGate Quyestion - Can somebody explain to Me

That the Goodell player suspensions was in effect a player performance measure, and therefore a salary cap violation? I haven't heard a more ridiculous conclusion since the Ryan Braun case.

And this panel had high credentials.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: BountyGate Quyestion - Can somebody explain to Me

I think the IRS should bring Tax Evasion charges against them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The panel dealt only with the facts presented to the NFLPA. According to THAT info, the league didn't provide enough information to justify the suspensions. Per the info they provided, all they proved were salary cap violations. In this case, guys getting performance bonuses outside of their contract.

The panel didn't say the suspensions would be overturned, just that the NFL didn't give ebough specifics.

This is NOT over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

The panel dealt only with the facts presented to the NFLPA. According to THAT info, the league didn't provide enough information to justify the suspensions. Per the info they provided, all they proved were salary cap violations. In this case, guys getting performance bonuses outside of their contract.

The panel didn't say the suspensions would be overturned, just that the NFL didn't give ebough specifics.

This is NOT over.

How does  guys getting performance bonuses outside of their contract equate to the suspensions? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I think the IRS should bring Tax Evasion charges against them.

The panel or the players?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The players of course.  The money they received is Taxable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is NOT over.

How does  guys getting performance bonuses outside of their contractequate to the suspensions? 

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't, that's why they (panel) vacated the suspensions. The NFL needs to provide more evidence to justify their suspensions. You'll notice the panel had nothing to say about punishments to the coaches or team, just that the player suspensions were unjustified.

It's a whole lot of legal mumbo jumbo, loopholes here and mincing words there. It's a mess. This is going to end up being a huge black eye for everyone I think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is NOT over.

How does  guys getting performance bonuses outside of their contractequate to the suspensions? 

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't, that's why they (panel) vacated the suspensions. The NFL needs to provide more evidence to justify their suspensions. You'll notice the panel had nothing to say about punishments to the coaches or team, just that the player suspensions were unjustified.

It's a whole lot of legal mumbo jumbo, loopholes here and mincing words there. It's a mess. This is going to end up being a huge black eye for everyone I think.

[/QUOTE]

It's a croc IMO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Since the whole thing is retxrded, and since I still don't understand it,
    I shall make the following obvious statements :

1. I'm assuming the performance bonuses outside of their contract are related to activity on the field.

2. The only other possibility is that the bounties were the unofficial bonuses.

Case 1: The only way this (possibly illegal) potential salary cap busting payment could be made is if they played.  If anything, the suspensions would prevent this from occurring. Regardless, it should have nothing to do with the suspensions. 

Case  2: See case 1, although not identical.

Am I making too much sense? For if anything. even more reasonable logic as a result of this mess would make the CBA null & void. Otherwise, this is legal lunacy.

In the category of who knows what's going on behind closed doors when the privileged are involved, I smell a rat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If it was a salary cap violation (and for some it likely was), than the commissioner does not have the authority to suspend.  The commissioner only has the authority to suspend under certain circumstances under the CBA, other violations go to the competition committee.  The ruling simply said that Goodell had to make it clear he was suspending them for conduct detrimental (which he can suspend players for) and not salary cap violations. Apparently he never specified.  

It's just a delay tactic backed by the NFLPA.  They will likely get suspended again for the same thing with a new label.