Boyce To Lengthen The Field?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Boyce To Lengthen The Field?

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/08/notebook_josh_boyce_toe_tally_in_step

"The TCU product smoked the stopwatches with a 4.38 40-yard dash time at the draft combine in February despite running with a broken toe. Now that all of his digits are 100 percent and he’s got a month of camp under his belt, his raw speed and quickness have been joined by a comfort level with the Patriots system. "

It'd be nice if one of the new receivers can help lengthen the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Boyce To Lengthen The Field?

That's why they brought him in, he's a poor man Victor Cruz.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

if he's successful, it might help the run game too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just like hearing Mallet say there was was no way he could overthrow Boyce last night...he said he is too fast. I watched Boyce in camp this summer and I think the guy has the best deep speed on the team and he may have the best quickness too...although Thompkins looked pretty quick too...so did Amendola.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Gotta say that end zone catch was a thing of beauty.  And, overall, I am very optimistic about the teams receiving corps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I just like hearing Mallet say there was was no way he could overthrow Boyce last night...he said he is too fast. I watched Boyce in camp this summer and I think the guy has the best deep speed on the team and he may have the best quickness too...although Thompkins looked pretty quick too...so did Amendola.

Isnt it great to have some real speed on the outside - and more than one. Then add Vereen out of The Backfield. Brady may finally have tools to spread the field horizontally and vertically. And some quickness to get separation so he isnt sitting back there waiting and waiting. The only speed he ever had was Moss and then he became a 1 trick pony. I really don't think we will miss WW. WW was a warrior but he got the s*** kicked out of him and a the end of games wasn't the same.

It should be fun to see them against Revis

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

who do you think would do a better job lengthening the field and creating some separation?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

who do you think would do a better job lengthening the field and creating some separation?

[/QUOTE]

Out of all the receivers? I'd go with Boyce, I think Thompkins has shown that he can get off the line and separate quickly, but I don't think he has as much deep speed. Dobson has deep speed and size, but it takes him a little bit to get going. Amendola is the most polished and game ready of the bunch, but I think he runs a 4.6 on a good day, but he is very quick, I can see him potentially sneaking behind a defense once in a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

[QUOTE]

Isnt it great to have some real speed on the outside - and more than one. Then add Vereen out of The Backfield. Brady may finally have tools to spread the field horizontally and vertically. And some quickness to get separation so he isnt sitting back there waiting and waiting. The only speed he ever had was Moss and then he became a 1 trick pony. I really don't think we will miss WW. WW was a warrior but he got the s*** kicked out of him and a the end of games wasn't the same.

It should be fun to see them against Revis

[/QUOTE]

It is great, I wish we had it two years ago when we faced the Giants in the Super Bowl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Gotta say that end zone catch was a thing of beauty.  And, overall, I am very optimistic about the teams receiving corps.

I was amazed how he tracked and ran down that ball.  Truly a thing of beauty we haven't seen around these parts in a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

good analogy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I think Boyce's potential long term excites me more then all our other receivers.

Sections
Shortcuts