Boyce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Boyce

Been waiting all season to see him run with the ball after a catch....glad to see him recover from the dropped pooch pass.....also thought he should have caught the PI pass....needs to have the ball in his hands more and more. Pats play 4 wide with Gronk out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Boyce

I cant say he SHOULD have caught that last pass BUT.... in big games you need receivers to come up with big catches, not JUST QBs coming up with big throws. 

We will need some special plays from Julian, Danny, Shane, Thompkins, Dobson, Boyce, RIDLEYYYYYYY, and Blount..... Big catches. Big runs. Big plays.....

ANd it all starts, on every snap, at the line of scrimmage. We need the O line to get it together. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Ever since that shoe-string catch and run V Atlanta I've been waiting to see more and it came at the right time, the speed he brings is big plus in this offence. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ever since that shoe-string catch and run V Atlanta I've been waiting to see more and it came at the right time, the speed he brings is big plus in this offence. 

[/QUOTE]

I keep thinking of that play as well.  He demonstrated his talent, but it has just been a tease up to this point in time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He has some great moves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Speaking of receivers, anybody want to rethink whether Gordon would have been worth gambling a high pick on? He is Megatron II.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wmasschilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I keep thinking of that play as well.  He demonstrated his talent, but it has just been a tease up to this point in time.

[/QUOTE]

Why hasn't our coach put him on the field?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Speaking of receivers, anybody want to rethink whether Gordon would have been worth gambling a high pick on? He is Megatron II.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't think BB would pull the trigger on a high-end 1st round receiver. His track record in that department has been pretty dismal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

boyce looks smooth out there, my post draft thought was he was gonna be our biggest contributing WR this year but his foot injury really held him back in the offseason but he has fianlly worked his way into the game through injuries. he is good

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has some great moves.

[/QUOTE]

So Boyce has great moves, but Ridley blows, Mayo, Hightower, and Nink sux. Got it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has some great moves.

[/QUOTE]

So Boyce has great moves, but Ridley blows, Mayo, Hightower, and Nink sux. Got it.

[/QUOTE]

Ah we can't worry about those guys now (it's small potatoes), we need to worry about the entire defense at this point, but thanks for your concern. Hey, has Kraft got back to you about that cheer leading job yet? I really think we could use a guy the girls could toss up in the air and land in a full split...it would keep our minds off all our draft busts. Maybe he could hire BJGE to twirl you around? Probably not, he's one of the few guys still actually in the NFL...I know!! We can get Justin Francis to do it! He's still living local in Stevie Belichick's pad, it would be a good way to get him back into the stadium! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has some great moves.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll never question Mayo's worth again.  Wilfork goes out and we still look decent on defense.  Mayo goes out and we start to blow chunks.  He might not make a lot of high profile plays, but the guy obviously meant a lot to our D.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

Boyce has a lot of talent and skills.  I watched him at TCU for the last few years.  He just needs to get into a rhythm the same way Thomkins and Dobson did.  We need those guys back ASAP to help offset Gronk's loss.  And honestly, not having Dobson to help take things deep has hurt us the last few games. 

As for the loss of Wilfork, he is probably the biggest loss, but we were able to cover it for a time with Tommy Kelly and Mayo still playing.  Once you lost both of them, you lost 3 huge pieces of the front 7.  Add the loss of Vollmer and Gronk and you can see that the O may start to suffer similiarly.  I only hope that Hooman can come back, pair with Mulligan and Devlin and the 3 pick up some of the Gronk slack.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to ArmyPatsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boyce has a lot of talent and skills.  I watched him at TCU for the last few years.  He just needs to get into a rhythm the same way Thomkins and Dobson did.  We need those guys back ASAP to help offset Gronk's loss.  And honestly, not having Dobson to help take things deep has hurt us the last few games. 

As for the loss of Wilfork, he is probably the biggest loss, but we were able to cover it for a time with Tommy Kelly and Mayo still playing.  Once you lost both of them, you lost 3 huge pieces of the front 7.  Add the loss of Vollmer and Gronk and you can see that the O may start to suffer similiarly.  I only hope that Hooman can come back, pair with Mulligan and Devlin and the 3 pick up some of the Gronk slack.

[/QUOTE]

wilfork wasnt playing at a high level this year. he was a little above average before the injury.. Kelly was better. mayo has been the biggest loss this year. no cover LB's left and no QB on D...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Good topic. If boyce and vareen become superstar caliber the last few games (which is possible) we may be able to cover the defense for a playoff game or two.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

had a great game when we needed someone to deliver. I like Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins alot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Great speed to stretch the field and elusive in the open field - don't know about his route running ability 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Great speed to stretch the field and elusive in the open field - don't know about his route running ability 

[/QUOTE]

he'll get the routes.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

I say get him the ball....I haven't seen any WR exhibit the elusiveness Boyce did on Sunday from any other NE WR in a long long time....he looks like a playmaker...with Gronk down we will need our WRs to contribute more...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

boyce looks smooth out there, my post draft thought was he was gonna be our biggest contributing WR this year but his foot injury really held him back in the offseason but he has fianlly worked his way into the game through injuries. he is good

[/QUOTE]

Yup... I actually thought, and still think, he will turn out to be the most accomplished of all the WRs on the Pats' 2013 roster.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has some great moves.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ah we can't worry about those guys now (it's small potatoes), we need to worry about the entire defense at this point, but thanks for your concern. Hey, has Kraft got back to you about that cheer leading job yet? I really think we could use a guy the girls could toss up in the air and land in a full split...it would keep our minds off all our draft busts. Maybe he could hire BJGE to twirl you around? Probably not, he's one of the few guys still actually in the NFL...I know!! We can get Justin Francis to do it! He's still living local in Stevie Belichick's pad, it would be a good way to get him back into the stadium! 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's those justin francis signings that will really set this franchise back for years. You are really savvy when it comes to team building. How do you always know the right guys to sign? Does it come natural for you or do you watch sports center or something? Lemme know.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Been waiting all season to see him run with the ball after a catch....glad to see him recover from the dropped pooch pass.....also thought he should have caught the PI pass....needs to have the ball in his hands more and more. Pats play 4 wide with Gronk out

[/QUOTE]

I think you'll see a lot of three wide, and a bit of 4 wide. 

Yeah, the bubble screen was perfectly placed, right out on front of him so he can catch it in stride. It just sailed through his hands. 

He certainly has better raw athleticism than any of the other wideouts .... that shows up immediately. He also misran some routes. I'm waiting on the video from nfl.com to break down his performance.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts