Boycott the draft!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

Boycott the draft!!!!!!!!!

This is starting to get ridiculous.
    Now the union is telling prospects not to show for the draft.
    Well, I say we the fans boycott the draft.
    First they screwed up the format and took it off the Sat/Sun schedule which I absolutely LOVED. It was the first football related thing to come along in a couple months and the wife always knew when it was and not to bother me. A full weekend of player/prospect bliss.

Now the season is in jeopardy and they want to boycott players from goin to the draft period.

The only way any of these guys are going to understand they are messing with a good thing is to show our dissapproval.
    Where would it hurt them the most?

Ratings.

If you agree, follow along....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Boycott the draft!!!!!!!!!

Sorry man, I like the draft too much to boycott.  I'll let the union and owners figure things out on their own, in the mean time, I'll follow the draft as close as I normally do.

I'm not gonna punish myself because they can't agree on things.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Boycott the draft!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]This is starting to get ridiculous. Now the union is telling prospects not to show for the draft. Well, I say we the fans boycott the draft. First they screwed up the format and took it off the Sat/Sun schedule which I absolutely LOVED. It was the first football related thing to come along in a couple months and the wife always knew when it was and not to bother me. A full weekend of player/prospect bliss. Now the season is in jeopardy and they want to boycott players from goin to the draft period. The only way any of these guys are going to understand they are messing with a good thing is to show our dissapproval. Where would it hurt them the most? Ratings. If you agree, follow along....
    Posted by Wingnut11[/QUOTE]

I sort of liked the Round 1 thing in prime time. I thought that worked well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]This is starting to get ridiculous. Now the union is telling prospects not to show for the draft. Well, I say we the fans boycott the draft. First they screwed up the format and took it off the Sat/Sun schedule which I absolutely LOVED. It was the first football related thing to come along in a couple months and the wife always knew when it was and not to bother me. A full weekend of player/prospect bliss. Now the season is in jeopardy and they want to boycott players from goin to the draft period. The only way any of these guys are going to understand they are messing with a good thing is to show our dissapproval. Where would it hurt them the most? Ratings. If you agree, follow along....

Doesn't the new format benefit the Patriots greatly this year?  The first round takes place one day, the second round the next.  The Patriots have the first pick of the second round.  The Patriots will have a whole day to receive offers from teams desperate for the 33rd pick.  Who knows where the bidding could go. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sofla4patriots. Show sofla4patriots's posts

If you are any type fan, you'll watch the draft, because your team changes right in front of your eyes.

The way the players are handling things, not negociating @ all...makes it real easy to choose sides w/the league/owners..and trust me, am not Goodell fan @ all.

Am reaching point where I'd love to see OWNERS give players 1 week to come back, under their agreement..and if they do not...start all over again w/new players and team...maybe a 20 round draft to include street FA also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Boycott the draft, by golly your on to something!  Im sure as soon as those low ratings hit the owners are going to forfit a billion dollar negotiating deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a players VS owners thing. This is sort of a "them (both sides) VS the Fans thing".

I was a long time season ticket holder (complicated, but had to give 'em up for $$$ reasons long before this) but, like 99% of the people on this board, my Sundays during Fall and Winter are completely dedicated to football...and during the offseason, the FA period/draft periods are stuff I get completely wrapped up in because I love the whole package.
    I thought I mentioned above how much I LOVED the draft (still do) but I loved it for the format they used to have was my point. It was my ENTIRE weekend, not to mention the weeks leading up to it with reading all the prospects, etc and then the weeks following as well to see how not only we did, but the rest of the NFL too.

I understand people are still going to watch, because let's face it, it's an addiction. But for myself, I'll end up doing it by watching a ticker and looking the players up on my own.

I just can't believe they are messing with a good thing and messing with us in the process.
    I know it won't work but I guess this is a place I can vent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Have no idea why I've loved the draft for 15 years now, but I do. I still remember when Joel Bauschman was the only thing out there available (besides Kiper) to get scouting reports on players. Now even my trash man has his own scouting service:( 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Boycotting the draft is almost pointless.

This situation will likely be resolved before the season gets under way. At some point cooler heads will prevail and the people on both sides willing to make a deal will get something done -- and if anything there is always hope that the Judge grants an injunction so the league can continue to operate while they negotiate a new CBA.

At this point, with the owners' war chest locked up until the league is running again, such an injunction would be the best for everyone, even the owners who were obviously riding their hopes on that ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: Boycott the draft!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Boycott the draft!!!!!!!!! :  If you are any type fan, you'll watch the draft, because your team changes right in front of your eyes.  The way the players are handling things, not negociating @ all...makes it real easy to choose sides w/the league/owners..and trust me, am not Goodell fan @ all.  Am reaching point where I'd love to see OWNERS give players 1 week to come back, under their agreement..and if they do not...start all over again w/new players and team...maybe a 20 round draft to include street FA also.
    Posted by sofla4patriots[/QUOTE]

Great post. MLB should have done that years back as well.

Before Brady we had Montana.......they are all replaceable in time.