Brace a Bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Brace a Bust?

Is it too early to label Brace a bust?

Last week the defense played with 2 DL for a large part of the game.

Brace got on the field for 2 plays.

He's about as useless as Vernon Gholston is for the Green Slime.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Re: Brace a Bust?

What team does Brace play for?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

exactly, tdp.

I wonder if he has a little Chad Jackson in him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

The Pats never draft well in the 2nd round, except Butler and maybe Chung.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Don't forget Vollmer. Could be our best 2nd round draft choice since Matt Light.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Raji made him look good... Hope he is at least useful at some point

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am glad u are not running our team. A bust after less than a season.  Do u know football?  Not everyone jumps into the starting lineup year one, some take 2-3 years.  I am not saying Brace will be a megastar, but give him a chance. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

WAY TOO EARLY

Brace is a smart guy, hell catch on soon

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Preferably today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Too early. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Give the kid a chance

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Seriously? Not even going to give the kid a full season? We all know the Patriot injury reporting practices, maybe he hasn't been close to 100% all year, but not injured enough to go on IR, who knows.

And yeah, getting Butler, Chung and Vollmer in just one second round kind of makes up for a few years' worth of picks not panning out. Besides, Wheatley last year (was hurt, looking better and better) none in 07...unless you count WELKER! Chad Jackson in 06 (ouch!) and none in 05. OUt of 6 picks, 4 are at least servicable if not good, one was an absolute bust, and one is unknown yet. Oh yeah, and just throw in a little trade for Welker...they've done perfectly fine over the past 4 years. I don't understand why people think they've continually failed in the draft. It hasn't been great, but the team has done a very good job, consistently, of finding quality players in the draft or trading picks for contributors.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's a little early to be putting the Chad Jackson stamp on Mr. Brace -- but I will concur that, with the d-line shorthanded and gassing the way it was in Indy, Ron was conspicuous by his absence.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Brace a Bust?..... Heheheheheheheh...
    The Sky is falling....

Come on the Pats play different defenses the BC for crying out loud.  The DL are expected to take on differing responsibilities,and in most cases plug two holes to some extent.  BB is good at picking DL that fit into the scheme and have the ability to learn his system... so now after about 4 months (actual time together) you think that Brace is a lost cause?  GIVE ME A BREAK......

I bet you are glad that your employer did not hold you to that accelerated standard.....  Just figure out what would have happened when you put three pickles on that Big Mac instead of two for the third time- You would have lost your ticket to Mc-College.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Speaking about players not playing, why hasn't Junior Seau been playing the last few games?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Brace a Bust?:
    [QUOTE]Speaking about players not playing, why hasn't Junior Seau been playing the last few games?
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

He has to limit his snaps. Full-time employment cuts into his Social Security benefits. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Calling a guy a bust 9 games into his career is nothing short of ridiculous.  What did Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork do their rookie years?  Not too much.  Brace could turn out to be a great player, or could never becoming a useful player, but at this point we know nothing about what his future holds at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

he hasnt really played to say he is a bust.and its really hard to say what is going on in his training,or the coaches decision.with the depth we have on the DL maybe they are in no hurry to rush him out there full time yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

The person who started this thread, give your head a shake.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncleadam13. Show uncleadam13's posts

can anyone explain trading away seymor for nothing.  looked like we could have used him last week

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Well having Seymour never hurts, thats for sure, but a probable top 5 pick in the NFL draft is a huge return, far from "nothing" as you state.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncleadam13. Show uncleadam13's posts

all we will do is trade down and even then whoever it is will not be a proven commodity. seymor would have helped for a superbowl run and it seemed unfair just like when we dumped mcginest because we didn't want to pay him

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Brace a Bust?:
    [QUOTE]Is it too early to label Brace a bust? Last week the defense played with 2 DL for a large part of the game. Brace got on the field for 2 plays. He's about as useless as Vernon Gholston is for the Green Slime.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

I think it's too early. He is a rookie aftrer all - and I don't expect much from many rookies. He is big, but appears slow on his feet. The question remains as to whether he can become a serviceable nose tackle who can clog up the middle against the run. It's probably not really fair to compare directly against Wilfork - as  Wilfork is near the top of his position in the nfl.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Brace a Bust?:
    [QUOTE]all we will do is trade down and even then whoever it is will not be a proven commodity. seymor would have helped for a superbowl run and it seemed unfair just like when we dumped mcginest because we didn't want to pay him
    Posted by uncleadam13[/QUOTE]

Cry me a river. Don't get me wrong, loved Big Willie and Sey, but you gotta get over it. I don't really want to pay anyone top dollar except Bill and possibly Brady. This franchise looks pretty stable, losing one or two or even 10 personnel like we did this past year, between players and coaches, doesn't seem to knock us out of the top 5 teams. That is impressive. Because of this, I don't really find the need to question the system. If you must question it, it is simple. You pay a guy top dollar and then two things happen. One you are stuck with his contract, cannot really trade him in most cases because the signing bonus will kill you against the salary cap. So, if he doesn't work out the way you planned or hoped or gets injured you're stuck. Two, and this ties in with number one, talent level behind him on the depth chart falls off dramatically. So when he does go down you cannot afford another serviceable player. A lot of these backup players also play on special teams. So, in turn you have sub par special teams units because of this.

This all has to be kept in check because you still need to field the best team possible, but it does have its limits. As for Brace no fan knows yet because he hasn't played enough. Definitely not considered a bust. We will find out if BB signs Vince or lets him walk if Brace can play.

Sections
Shortcuts