Brace a Bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Brace a Bust?

Agree that there is no clear idea yet about Brace long term...But, against Indy when the D was gassed, the big line men sure could have used another fresh body for a snap or two, so the inferential conclusion could be that he is not ready to help now; too bad the rookie wasn't ready for that situation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Brace a Bust?:
    Is it too early to label Brace a bust? Last week the defense played with 2 DL for a large part of the game. Brace got on the field for 2 plays. He's about as useless as Vernon Gholston is for the Green Slime.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

Needs more time and more reps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

In Response to Re: Brace a Bust?:
    It's taken 3 years and Meriweather is looking like a fine player. Very good. The problem becomes this:  What happens with the contract.  He will be LOOKING for the big bucks.  Do the Pats pay him. Wilfork, Gostkowksi, and Muroney expire.  Who do you sign? Chung and Butler look like potentially good players.  They make plenty of mistakes.  Willhite drives me crazy.  Let him go. VOLLMER clearly is the steal of the draft.  Credit to BB on that one. Ron Brace - who knows, give him another year then we will see.
    Posted by Benkarkis

Benarkis

The young guys will make mistakes.  If they're making the same mistakes time after time then I'd be worried.  As far as Wilhite goes, I don't agree.  He always has good position but hasn't really mastered the technique of playing the ball.  He's in the right place.  That tells me something.  He got burned by Manning and on one play by Sanchez last week.  All were great throws and fantastic catches by receivers who were covered pretty well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

But let me know if I've missed some recent BB quotes like "Ron is working really hard at practice."  Hey. If you start hearing that it could be trouble....You can never really read too much into what Bills sais...If you look back at all the guys he released or traded....I bet you can find a recent soundbite...saying "Nobody works harder than him, he is always there, he works hard.     Perfect example....Remember how B.B was praising Sanders this august about his work ethic, being smart. communicating...and that he wished he had 11 James Sanders on the field....Oh really Bill, is that why he hasnt started all year..and is regulated to Special teams....see what I mean...lol
    Posted by patsfan76

Bill paid him the highest compliment he can give...he re-signed Sanders to a pretty decent contract extension.  So obviously he wasn't trying to be deceptive there.  In this case, he had no idea what he had in either McGowan and Chung.  Obviously he is playing those two rather than Sanders because they're talented guys who are probably outplaying him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I'm not saying Brace is definitely a bust, but I've noticed the following trend over the last 33 years:

More often than not, high draft picks that look terrible in the first year, often do not live up to their draft status.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I think the injury report specified that Brace's ankle was questionable. 

Maybe an ankle can heal.  It's not like a shoulder injury.

In any case, Brace needs to learn how to handle the NFL's speed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Love these GM wannabes that say "cause I don't see him on the field he's a bust". They always seem to ignore the fact that you can only dress so many players. So your choice, do you want VW for your nose tackle or do you want a rookie cause with the extra db's and wr's your gameplan calls for, you can't have both. Go ahead and make the choice. You know you would rather have Vince.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hammer400. Show hammer400's posts

The Pats never draft well in the 2nd round, except Butler and maybe Chung.
    Posted by rf24fox

Sections
Shortcuts