Brace = bust?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KUL00. Show KUL00's posts

Re: Brace = bust?

Way to early to post something like that. Give him 2 years to develop into the system then evaluate. If he is still in the same place next year things will work themselves out. The Draft is all about finding players that play well in your systems. Some Work. Some do not. That is why there are more than one round. 

Every team makes the mistake of taking players that do not pan out.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

so considering only a few rookies in the NFL made the probowl this year im gonna go out and say 98% of the ENTIRE NFL DRAFT CLASS was are busts. bums. pathetic cuz only after 16 games they havent put up good stats to make me happy.

stop with the hating on rookies who barely play... give brace, chung, butler and others time to grow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from atz640. Show atz640's posts

I hate it when people post/write about this crap.  I don't know about you, but in my professional experience, you don't waltz into an industry as a rookie and expect to ba an all-star.  It takes years.

Merriweather is just starting to come on and he's been here for 3 yrs.  These guys are 22 y/o kids and need to get accustomed to the speed of the game and when you odn't get a whole lot of playing time, that's tough to do.  Not everyone is Jerrod Mayo (though it would be nice if we improbably selected nothing but the type that can make an immediate impact).  Hey, it could happen -- McWorld!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan1033. Show Patsfan1033's posts

Cmon, this is a joke...some guys take a little longer than others and you can't compare Pryor to him, they played different schemes in college and are different types of players...look at B. Merriweather, weren't many of these people saying the same about him...this guy Brace will be a stud, give him some time!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I always wait until a players 3rd year before you can label them a bust. BB has one of the most complex defenses to learn and not everyone is going to pick it up in year one. I'm sure he will get more playing time next week, then next training camp and preseason. Lets give some of our rookies time to learn the system and I bet a couple years down the road we could see Brace, Chung, and Butler all starting then if Pryor (who I think has looked good for a rookie lineman) starts this will be labeled as one of the best drafts for the Pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Only seen a bit of Brace but maybe he needs to learn more about leverage and other techniques to shed blocks rather than relying on brute strength, which probably worked better in college. Sometimes they draft on potential and hope to teach technique to make them NFL capable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Look at it in your own jobs... most of the time rookies come in and hold their own but don't set the world on fire and few thrive immediately and a few don't last. It is that way in the Fire and Emergency Medical field.  
    As far as Brace I think he will develop into a solid Dlineman but may never be the type of nose we use here. He may develop into it as well. Too early for me to grade him with anything more then an incomplete. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Look at it in your own jobs... most of the time rookies come in and hold their own but don't set the world on fire and few thrive immediately and a few don't last. It is that way in the Fire and Emergency Medical field.  
    As far as Brace I think he will develop into a solid Dlineman but may never be the type of nose we use here. He may develop into it as well. Too early for me to grade him with anything more then an incomplete. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Drafted Defensive Tackles
    NAMEPOSSCHOOLROUNDPK(OVR)TEAM              NFL Tackles 
     B.J. RajiDTBoston College19(9)Green Bay        23
     Peria JerryDTMississippi124(24)Atlanta            1
     Evander HoodDTMissouri132(32)Pittsburgh        8
     Ron Brace Player has NewsDTBoston College28(40)New England     8
     Fili Moala Player has NewsDTUSC224(56)Indianapolis     6
    M Pryor         DT   Ken            6                     NE             19

None of the DTs selected above Ron Brace are currently starting for their teams. BJ Raji is a regular sub and has had some success but that's it (and he was the 9th pick in the draft). 

So it's not that Ron Brace is a bust. It's more likely that M Pryor is exceeding expectations in his rookie year.  Ron Brace is on pace with the other DTs selected above and below him in the draft. 

Give it some time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Still too early to say.  I think because of where he was drafted they expected him to be better than Pryor right now.  They were probably hoping for a best case scenario where he could replace Wilfork and they wouldn't be up against a wall to retain Wilfork.  But I'm sure they knew that was unlikely for a rookie.  He has the size and he'll have time this offseason to work on getting better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

way too early to call him a bust. Some people just really dont understand the draft process. Most rookies wont make an impact right away. That does not make them busts it makes then normal. Mario Williams was the #1 overall pick and everyone who knew nothing about the game called him a bust right away and scorned the Texans for not taking Reggie Bush. And now two years after his rookie season he is one of the best D linemen in football and no would ever call him a bust. You cant call a guy a bust after one season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

No player can be called a bust in their rookie year.  Not even top draft picks.  Can you call some rookies big disappointments?  Yes.  However, there was little reason to expect Brace to come in and contribute nicely his first year.  I'm a little disappointed he hasn't been a little better.  That's as far as I am willing to go with him.

My slight disappointment with Brace has been more than compensated for by my pleasant surprise with Pryor.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yea but the fact that Pryor has played so well makes Brace look bad. But i agree you cant call a guy a bust in year one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

All Recent Activity
    Forum Post: Brace = bust?
    Posted 12/30/2009 5:33 AM EST
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/12/30/in_houston_theyve_had_their_problems/?page=2 Another washed up game.  Tale of the tape BAILING OUT BRACE: The&nb...  more >
    Posted 12/22/2009 5:50 PM EST
    All this talk about how Wilfork and Seymour improved after rookie seasons is nonsense. It's an insult to them. They were so far ahead of the progression by the end of the 1st year to wh...  more >

God you really hate this rookie.  WHY? Your last 2 posts are Threads started about him being a bust.  Granted I hate Maroney but I never started a Thread about him I simply rebut the apologists who start threads about him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

The release of Adams means two things:

1) NE is confident they can keep VW for at least another year.

2) They are confident with Brace being next in line if VW gets injured

So to answer Murg, BB thinks highly of Brace, ergo, he's not a bust.

Sections
Shortcuts