Brace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Brace

I'm intrigued as to the signing of Ron Brace by the Redskins.  Perhaps Shanahan sees something of value in Brace's potential that more than a few of us have overlooked.  It should be interesting to see how Brace performs in a new environment. 

It's obvious that he had an opportunity to succeed with the Patriots but to no avail.   Notwithstanding which, I wish him luck and would be delighted to see him perform well in this his 2nd and probably last chance to play in the NFL.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Brace

My only real gripe about Brace was that he couldn't stay on the field long enough to develop any consistency.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

His contract was up, he didn't prove he was healthy enough or worth signing beyond a rookie contract when you have Fortson sitting there and the possibility of Myron Pryor making a return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

BB values reliability, which brace was unable attain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Most likely makes Washington the SB favorite at this point....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

His contract was up, he didn't prove he was healthy enough or worth signing beyond a rookie contract when you have Fortson sitting there and the possibility of Myron Pryor making a return.

I'd think Pryor is in the same boat though. He's only played in 11 games in the last 3 years. I guess he gets extra credit for when he pasted Brett Favre a few years ago though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

He will make All Pro next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

good luck in his new team

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Any time any Pats player is released, they're not out of work for long at all.  Christ, Whisenhunt had like 3 or 4 former Pats on the Cardinals this year. The logic is, if BB saw something in him, then there has to be something there.

It's like clockwork. Brace is actually a very good run stopper. It's the other areas where he didn't perform (versaatility, healthy, consistency, improving, etc), and BB won't wait for you.

Plus, BB and Shanahan are friendly so I am sure there was some discussion there.  If a team needs a cheap, experienced complementary run stopper who could be a starter in 2013 in a 4-3, it's a good move.

Other than Butler and Mincey, has any ex Pats player made any roster the following year? Warren was pup. Bledsoe? I cant recall any player cut by the Pats becoming a player?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Another crappy high draft pick bites the dust.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Any time any Pats player is released, they're not out of work for long at all.  Christ, Whisenhunt had like 3 or 4 former Pats on the Cardinals this year. The logic is, if BB saw something in him, then there has to be something there.

It's like clockwork. Brace is actually a very good run stopper. It's the other areas where he didn't perform (versaatility, healthy, consistency, improving, etc), and BB won't wait for you.

Plus, BB and Shanahan are friendly so I am sure there was some discussion there.  If a team needs a cheap, experienced complementary run stopper who could be a starter in 2013 in a 4-3, it's a good move.

Other than Butler and Mincey, has any ex Pats player made any roster the following year? Warren was pup. Bledsoe? I cant recall any player cut by the Pats becoming a player?

Bledsoe was traded.

Sergio Brown played for the Colts this year.  Like I said, James Sanders and like 3 other Pats are on the Cardinals.

Sanders had a fumble return for a TD this year.  Ted Larsen is TB's starting Center I believe after BB's fantastic cultivation of O Linemen here forced him from the roster the year he was drafted.

Many, many names, RKarp.

larsen i dont believe ever played a down for the Pats. Cut same year drafted, correct

sanders was released. You are correct

not many others

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You best hope Brady wakes up next postseason, Gramps.  That's what you should be focusing on, not an underachieving back up DT who got signed by the Skins before the draft.

No QB who ever lived could wake up enough to propel this MEDIOCRE collection BB has assembled around Brady to a sure thing SB win junior.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

You best hope Brady wakes up next postseason, Gramps.  That's what you should be focusing on, not an underachieving back up DT who got signed by the Skins before the draft.

No QB who ever lived could wake up enough to propel this MEDIOCRE collection BB has assembled around Brady to a sure thing SB win junior.

hmm thats funny....because as i can remember, this "mediocre" group of players got to the super bowl last year and were close to winning it, had brady not creamed his pants in the second half.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

It's getting so old and tiresome where too many posts, regardless of topic, end up with the stale 'pro-Brady vs anti-Brady' tirade. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

hmm thats funny....because as i can remember, this "mediocre" group of players got to the super bowl last year and were close to winning it, had brady not creamed his pants in the second half.

Wake up Rustyclone. It was the D Brady handed a lead who collapsed like a collection of stiffs when the Lombardi was on the line. Learn the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

It's getting so old and tiresome where too many posts, regardless of topic, end up with the stale 'pro-Brady vs anti-Brady' tirade. 

Rusty and his fake accounts hijack the thread every time. They keep banning him but like a bad penny....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

Rusty and his fake accounts hijack the thread every time. They keep banning him but like a bad penny....

yea its not like like you changed the topic or anything....oh wait....yes you did, like always.

as far as your last comment....scoring 17 points the whole game is NOT GOOD.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Bledsoe was traded.

Sergio Brown played for the Colts this year.  Like I said, James Sanders and like 3 other Pats are on the Cardinals.

Sanders had a fumble return for a TD this year.  Ted Larsen is TB's starting Center I believe after BB's fantastic cultivation of O Linemen here forced him from the roster the year he was drafted.

Many, many names, RKarp.

larsen i dont believe ever played a down for the Pats. Cut same year drafted, correct

sanders was released. You are correct

not many others

Yes, many others.  Larsen was cut by BB. He didn't want to, but it he had other needs on the line, so it was a numbers game. Gee, what a crappy GM BB is.

Now Larsen starts for his buddy Schiano down in TB.

So, yes, Larsen counts. Just because you didn't see him play, doesn't mean he didn't go to another organization and do good things.

Dexter Reid who won a ring here from UNC, went on to play at least a year with Indy after that. Like I said, I can name MANY names.  These just some I am rattling off the top of my head.

With James Sanders, Rich Ornberger and Brian Hoyer are there.  Yes, was an UDFA. 

It's not that I did not see Larsen not p,ay. He never played a down for the Pats. Was cut before the season started ( wasted draft choice)

Was Hoyer Picked up?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think it's more likely Shanahan ordered a knee brace and the fat tub of goo Ron Brace showed up instead...too much for return shipping.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts