Brady 10-0 in playoffs then 6-6 since

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Brady 10-0 in playoffs then 6-6 since

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In those 12 games he has not had 2 good games in a row. Can he string 3 good games in a row this year to win it all?

[/QUOTE]

Isnt it more fair to say "the team" has been 6-6 since?  you know because when our whole defense retired within a couple years that kind of rocked the boat. Brady has been the same and better year after year but without a defense,, he feels the pressure in big games to be perfect and score every drive and this leads to him pressing. ANy other analogy and purely off base, hate or ignorance and cant be proven. His numbers have only gotten better but in postseason he plays againt the best team and they ALL put ALL the focus on  him. NO run game and defense will do that....smh   WOW!

This whole board has subconsciously turned into a Brady Bashing Carnival!  Im done...I'll come back after the season to re- asess.

[/QUOTE]

That's Babe BS. Brady has a bad game and someone dares point that out and they are immediately branded as a Brady bashing hater. How is that different from posters who refuse to acknowledge that he does make mistakes and instead bash the rest of the team in order to deflect any responsibility for losses. He's been consistantly the top QB in the NFL for years but he's not god or completely infalible. Why is that so hard for some to take?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Like When people get mad when I say Mayo has to have a better postseason??

Difference is, you take Mayo out the game, we will still compete. You take Brady out, you aint got a chance in h3ll in winning a SB!  Nice try Rusty but this thread was Dumb A. Its a team GAME!  I dont give him the credit for our 3 SBs because they were TEAM wins. Special teams, defense etc. Hell we got 2 TD's from Special teams vs the Steelers in 01'

But now, what do we have??  an improved D this year but one that has been sorely lacking so Brady while putting up the # 1 offense every year doesnt have as much help in S/T and Defense as he used to. Case in Point. San Fran Game

Brady comes back to score 28 straight points and the Special teams sh*t the bed instead of stepping up and defense collapsed!  CASE CLOSED! Dont ask me about our BEST player, Ask about special teams, defens, lack of talent at RB!  FRAUD *SS FANS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Why cant anybody admit Brady is a worse post season QB than regular season? Reg season 334 TD to 123 Int, for a 2.7:1 ratio. Playoffs hes 38 TD to 20 INT for a 1.9:1 ratio. And currently has a playoff streak of 1 game with at least 1TD pass, and 5 games with at least 1 INT. My original point is in his last 12 playoff games he has not put 2 good games back to back

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Why cant anybody admit Brady is a worse post season QB than regular season? Reg season 334 TD to 123 Int, for a 2.7:1 ratio. Playoffs hes 38 TD to 20 INT for a 1.9:1 ratio.

[/QUOTE]

and I ask why you cant understand complimentary football. Let me ask something. Do you really think the 2001 Brady was a better Qb then he is now???

Im sorry but in light of the rational posters who have explained this clear logic I will now have to you consider you the T word that ends with an L. I hate using it but there is nothing else to support any different at this point and surprisingly rusty is gone. So I guess there is some brady bashing quota that BDC has to meet and so there is never  a shortage of New Brady bashers and that seems very strange. I mean is this what you think of on slow days??...Go look at the thread AGCBILL made yesterday. Thats what you do on slow days, not pick on your star, franchise Qb....smh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why cant anybody admit Brady is a worse post season QB than regular season? Reg season 334 TD to 123 Int, for a 2.7:1 ratio. Playoffs hes 38 TD to 20 INT for a 1.9:1 ratio.

[/QUOTE]

and I ask why you cant understand complimentary football. Let me ask something. Do you really think the 2001 Brady was a better Qb then he is now???

Im sorry but in light of the rational posters who have explained this clear logic I will now have to you consider you the T word that ends with an L. I hate using it but there is nothing else to support any different at this point and surprisingly rusty is gone. So I guess there is some brady bashing quota that BDC has to meet and so there is never  a shortage of New Brady bashers and that seems very strange. I mean is this what you think of on slow days??...Go look at the thread AGCBILL made yesterday. Thats what you do on slow days, not pick on your star, franchise Qb....smh

[/QUOTE]

So now its Brady bashing to post his career stats and comment on them? Did you squawk after Bradys first 10 playoff games if somebody posted his 14TD to 3 INTs??? And I suppose it was "Brady Bashing" to point out his first playoff loss in Denver he threw 2TDs and 3INTs? Was it Brady bashing when Brady himself said after the playoff loss at home to Baltimore, where the Pats fans booed, that if he were in the stands he would have booed too?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

Like When people get mad when I say Mayo has to have a better postseason??

Difference is, you take Mayo out the game, we will still compete. You take Brady out, you aint got a chance in h3ll in winning a SB!  Nice try Rusty but this thread was Dumb A. Its a team GAME!  I dont give him the credit for our 3 SBs because they were TEAM wins. Special teams, defense etc. Hell we got 2 TD's from Special teams vs the Steelers in 01'

But now, what do we have??  an improved D this year but one that has been sorely lacking so Brady while putting up the # 1 offense every year doesnt have as much help in S/T and Defense as he used to. Case in Point. San Fran Game

Brady comes back to score 28 straight points and the Special teams sh*t the bed instead of stepping up and defense collapsed!  CASE CLOSED! Dont ask me about our BEST player, Ask about special teams, defens, lack of talent at RB!  FRAUD *SS FANS!

[/QUOTE]

Come on Shiz, you're better than that.  I'm pretty sure QB's have much more to do with wins and losses for a team than an LB does, hence why everybody remembers the all-time great QBs and their records in big games.  For the most part, QBs control the team's destiny.

Also, I'm pretty sure you're making a lot of peoples' point when you say "people get mad when I say Mayo has to be better..."  If you can say that about a LB, why can't you apply the same criticism to the most important player on the team?  Whenever a person creates a thread critiquing one of Brady's performances, a whole cult comes attacking the poster claiming they're not a Patriots fan.  Why is it okay to bash Mayo, McCourty, Welker, Wilfork, etc. and it's not okay to critique Brady?  The hypocricy entailed in this little rule on this board is ridiculous and needs to stop.

Lastly, our defense did not 'collapse' in the SF game.  Our offense turned the ball over 4 times, 3 times being inside our own 50.  The offense set the defense up for failure that game.  It was a team loss.  The offense's comeback in the 2nd half was incredible; however, we wouldn't have needed that historic comeback if they didn't sh*t the bed in the first half by helping spot SF a 28 point lead. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Tom Brady is almost universally hated among non-Pats fans.  Apparently so much that they come on here pretending to be Pats fans just to bash him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

Why cant anybody admit Brady is a worse post season QB than regular season? Reg season 334 TD to 123 Int, for a 2.7:1 ratio. Playoffs hes 38 TD to 20 INT for a 1.9:1 ratio. And currently has a playoff streak of 1 game with at least 1TD pass, and 5 games with at least 1 INT. My original point is in his last 12 playoff games he has not put 2 good games back to back

[/QUOTE]

That's not really fair, dude.  Obviously a QB's stats are going to be a little South of what they were in the regular season considering the quality of the opponent.  In the regular season you get to beat up on the weaker teams and pad stats but in the postseason is where you face top defenses. 

In order for the Pats to win another SB, all 3 phases of the game have to play better cohesively.  That means when the offense has the ball at the end of the game, they need to be able to run out the clock and pick up first downs.  That also means if the D is in at the end of the game, they need to stop sh*tting themselves and start making stops.  Special teams needs to hold the opponent to better field position, we need to make our field goals, etc.

It's so freaking annoying when both sides(here) try to place blame on one phase of the game as opposed to the other.  It's a team game and all sides need to show up and play their best if we are to win that elusive 4th SB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

You didnt answer my question ccjl. If you are gonna debate, atleast adress what I asked. In light of all the other threads going on the in regards to offensive blame. defensive blame, ur post just looks like a bad attempt to blame the offense. The teams have lost. Brady has been the best player in each of the last 5 years weve played and BB has not gotten enough help with defense and run game UP to this point to offset teams teeing off on him in the postseason.Why is this hard to understand??

Like I asked earlier. DO you really believe the 2001 version of Brady is a better QB than he is now? Do you think the 2001 Brady could have had the same numbers he put up in 07'?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady has got to pick it up.  In his last 2 AFC title games, for example, he has 5 INTs at home.

Prior to that in 3 AFC title games, 2 on the road? Only 2 INTs.

[/QUOTE]

Just remember, Montana was 4-3 on NFC title games.

I'll tell ya what junior. He has 2 pretty weak playoff games againt the Ravens. That's the bulk of his playoff fails. In my opinion he has tried to do too much against a very tough D in those games. He should have tried to play it safer and let the chips fall where they may. And though I very seldom question BB's coaching, I will admit I'm perplexed as to why he didn't run it more on the Ravens at least in 2011.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tom Brady is almost universally hated among non-Pats fans.  Apparently so much that they come on here pretending to be Pats fans just to bash him.

[/QUOTE]

My brother had the misfortune of living in WI during the Farve era - Packers fans were convinced "The MVP" as he was to be known was the greatest ever. None of them could admit that ANY game the Packers ever lost was REMOTELY due to him. Like I stated before - check your facts of Brady playoff history...A link is above. Instead of going after me for stating FACTS why dont you go after the mistakes in here - somebody brought up the 4th and 2 Faulk play as being in an AFC Championship game, in reality it was a regular season Sunday nighter....Kind of funny if Jughead had a streak of 5 straight playoff games thrownig picks A LOT of you on here would be mentioning that...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In those 12 games he has not had 2 good games in a row. Can he string 3 good games in a row this year to win it all?

[/QUOTE]

Isnt it more fair to say "the team" has been 6-6 since?  you know because when our whole defense retired within a couple years that kind of rocked the boat. Brady has been the same and better year after year but without a defense,, he feels the pressure in big games to be perfect and score every drive and this leads to him pressing. ANy other analogy and purely off base, hate or ignorance and cant be proven. His numbers have only gotten better but in postseason he plays againt the best team and they ALL put ALL the focus on  him. NO run game and defense will do that....smh   WOW!

This whole board has subconsciously turned into a Brady Bashing Carnival!  Im done...I'll come back after the season to re- asess.

[/QUOTE]

That's Babe BS. Brady has a bad game and someone dares point that out and they are immediately branded as a Brady bashing hater. How is that different from posters who refuse to acknowledge that he does make mistakes and instead bash the rest of the team in order to deflect any responsibility for losses. He's been consistantly the top QB in the NFL for years but he's not god or completely infalible. Why is that so hard for some to take?

[/QUOTE]

Never had a problem admitting when Brady has had a tough game troll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Patriot's offense was 10-0 in the playoffs and 6-6 since... not Brady.

What changed in that time?  Defense was rebuilding yes but it was still good enough to win.  

Coaching, yep that's the answer...  

Coaching ranks were thinned, philosophies that were proven over time faded away to popular, trendy, finesse methods.  

The smashmouth running game fell by the wayside, play action, maybe Brady's best weapon disappeared. By the end of 2007 and beyond we relied too much on passing execution never realizing that it's success was all predicated on a strong running game.  

This offense will play better this post season, not because Brady is playing better but because the offense is better around him, credit Josh McDaniels and BB for rebuilding this offense to play to his strengths once again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

irish, I get what you are saying and I referenced that for the same reason you said so someone could point it out. The difference is, in the Mayo threads I was just chiming in and making my opinion and offering a different analysis than He is an All Pro,etc.

I have yet to make a thread(that I can thnk of) attacking one unit, be it offense or defense. I made a thread comparing Mayo to Spikes  but I havent bashed him. I just gave my honest asessment. This thread is Overkill IMO on a board that has enough of this talk going on already so thats why I said what I said.  It seems just about everybody now thnks # 12 has fell off the map and is the reason we havent won anything and that couldnt be further fromt the truth. I wish we could simulate the last 6 years with another QB on the same team and see the results because I dont see it....Maybe IM just crazy...Ok, FIne

U said ur self its stupid to blame one side. Im not taking either side, Im just saying its pretty dumb to START with Brady the best player we have....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Only 2 "tough" games against Baltimore? His 2 TD and 3 INT game against Denver was not a "tough" game? Or the SD game again with 2 TDs and 3 INT was not a "tough"game either - where Troy Brown had to rip the ball out after Bradys 3rd pick. My original point was that in his last 12 playoff games he has not put 2 good games in a row. As all you can do is go after me and not the FACTS I posted, I guess you have to admit it too. If not, link to his playoff record is above...show me where in his past 12 playoff games where you THE EXPERT consider 2 good games in a row.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

irish, I get what you are saying and I referenced that for the same reason you said so someone could point it out. The difference is, in the Mayo threads I was just chiming in and making my opinion and offering a different analysis than He is an All Pro,etc.

I have yet to make a thread(that I can thnk of) attacking one unit, be it offense or defense. I made a thread comparing Mayo to Spikes  but I havent bashed him. I just gave my honest asessment. This thread is Overkill IMO on a board that has enough of this talk going on already so thats why I said what I said.  It seems just about everybody now thnks # 12 has fell off the map and is the reason we havent won anything and that couldnt be further fromt the truth. I wish we could simulate the last 6 years with another QB on the same team and see the results because I dont see it....Maybe IM just crazy...Ok, FIne

U said ur self its stupid to blame one side. Im not taking either side, Im just saying its pretty dumb to START with Brady the best player we have....

[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Agreed.  I think a lot of people start these blaming/complaining threads to simply get people fired up.  We all are obviously very passionate about our team but we just see the game differently and sometimes our egos get in the way of our summations which divert the conversation into personal attacks.  No need for calling people trolls, dumb, etc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My brother had the misfortune of living in WI during the Farve era - Packers fans were convinced "The MVP" as he was to be known was the greatest ever. None of them could admit that ANY game the Packers ever lost was REMOTELY due to him. Like I stated before - check your facts of Brady playoff history...A link is above. Instead of going after me for stating FACTS why dont you go after the mistakes in here - somebody brought up the 4th and 2 Faulk play as being in an AFC Championship game, in reality it was a regular season Sunday nighter....Kind of funny if Jughead had a streak of 5 straight playoff games thrownig picks A LOT of you on here would be mentioning that...

[/QUOTE]

I actually dont give a Sh*t about Manning and his personal numbers. Im glad we came out on top twice preventing him a title and enabling us two..seriously...why do u care about individual stats??? I sure dont. I care about wins and Titles and I care not how we get another one. We could win the next SB 3-0 and Brady can throw 5 INTs and I wouldnt care. Now others here....I dont know..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Patriot's offense was 10-0 in the playoffs and 6-6 since... not Brady.

What changed in that time?  Defense was rebuilding yes but it was still good enough to win.  

Coaching, yep that's the answer...  

Coaching ranks were thinned, philosophies that were proven over time faded away to popular, trendy, finesse methods.  

The smashmouth running game fell by the wayside, play action, maybe Brady's best weapon disappeared. By the end of 2007 and beyond we relied too much on passing execution never realizing that it's success was all predicated on a strong running game.  

This offense will play better this post season, not because Brady is playing better but because the offense is better around him, credit Josh McDaniels and BB for rebuilding this offense to play to his strengths once again.

[/QUOTE]

NIce try Wozzy and you claim to be pats fan.  How and why did you leave out the defense??   Do they not get paychecks too???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to Jets's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So many Brady Apologists ...so little time!

[/QUOTE]

Jets
    So little championships....... so much time!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Only 2 "tough" games against Baltimore? His 2 TD and 3 INT game against Denver was not a "tough" game? Or the SD game again with 2 TDs and 3 INT was not a "tough"game either - where Troy Brown had to rip the ball out after Bradys 3rd pick. My original point was that in his last 12 playoff games he has not put 2 good games in a row. As all you can do is go after me and not the FACTS I posted, I guess you have to admit it too. If not, link to his playoff record is above...show me where in his past 12 playoff games where you THE EXPERT consider 2 good games in a row.

[/QUOTE]

You dont think Brady throwing to and old Troy Brown playing HIS LAST YEAR being covered by Champ Bailey had anything to do with that? We had an old Corey Dillon that nobody feared and J.Lynch and the Defense proved this with their disrespectful 11 MEN AT THE LINE defense that basically said, we are gonna put it ALL On YOUR QB and you expected him to do what exactly??  I mean dont just throw out his stats, paint the whole picture. Talk about Ben Watsons play that should have been Pats ball and a TB! All in ALL, we were STILL in it at the end despite the rough game. Denver is a hard place to play, even harder when its 1 on 11!  and YES our DEFENSE played Great until they started getting Jobbed by the refss. Asantes Phantom Pass iNterference. .. Dont remember any of this???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

NIce try Wozzy and you claim to be pats fan.  How and why did you leave out the defense??   Do they not get paychecks too???

[/QUOTE]

Did you read the title of the thread genius?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Manning's are worse, scream about him.  We don't care about your, obviously pointed, pure attacks of Brady.  OMG.. he has been at the helm of the Pats for FIVE SBs, SIX AFCCGs.. I believe there is only ONE, maybe TWO QBs in the history of the NFL that can say that!  And you are concerned he has not had two back to back good games?  Obviously don't like him much.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

wozzy,

Yes I did and you proceeded to say it was the offense that created the playoff record and didnt mention the defense so I ask again "what are we paying the defense for?"

The title of the thread is irrelevant,. Its about what is being talked about. Weve already agreed that this was an attempt to put blame and instead of saying Team , you said Offense...which is still putting back on Brady cuz Last I checked noone is expecting a lineman or WR to win a game alone...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

My point is UNTIL Brady can put together 3 good games as QB together DONT expect to win the SB...A team can win A game in spite of bad QB play, no way can any team win 3 games in a row with BAD QB play in the regular season, NEVERMIND playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

My point is UNTIL Brady can put together 3 good games as QB together DONT expect to win the SB...A team can win A game in spite of bad QB play, no way can any team win 3 games in a row with BAD QB play in the regular season, NEVERMIND playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

This is obvious.  still havent adressed my question and thats rude and rusty like to keep harping on your points with out adressing  mine but I'll still play your game,. your thread so its cool.

So you expect Brady to play lights out for 3 straight games against the Top Defenses in the league without a true run game and dont expect the defense to even be able to get off the field at some point playing against mediocre offenses...  Jets, Bmore, Giants,etc all have inferior offenses to ours. .  So hold the guy with the most weight on his shoulders to a high standard and pay the D to do nothing...is that it?

Sections
Shortcuts