Brady 10-0 in playoffs then 6-6 since

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Brady 10-0 in playoffs then 6-6 since

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wozzy,

Yes I did and you proceeded to say it was the offense that created the playoff record and didnt mention the defense so I ask again "what are we paying the defense for?"

The title of the thread is irrelevant,. Its about what is being talked about. Weve already agreed that this was an attempt to put blame and instead of saying Team , you said Offense...which is still putting back on Brady cuz Last I checked noone is expecting a lineman or WR to win a game alone...

[/QUOTE]

This isn't tennis, a QB doesn't play in a vacuum.  

People can complain all they want about the defense but they gave up the least amount of points in last years Super Bowl from 4 out of 5 of the last ones we've been in.  Funny the points allowed total from last year would have been fine in 2003 and 2004, it would have been enough to win... what was the difference; running game, efficiency, the ability of the offense to execute under duress.  

We didn't even consider Brady not be able to drive the length of the field back then, now we cringe every time we're down a score going into the 4th and with good reason, we haven't been good at it in the post season, not since we went away from the run and our ability to run the clock out... instead we just praise the Giants for being what we used to be and blame the defense.

This offense was soft, finesse... no more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My point is UNTIL Brady can put together 3 good games as QB together DONT expect to win the SB...A team can win A game in spite of bad QB play, no way can any team win 3 games in a row with BAD QB play in the regular season, NEVERMIND playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

This is obvious.  still havent adressed my question and thats rude and rusty like to keep harping on your points with out adressing  mine but I'll still play your game,. your thread so its cool.

So you expect Brady to play lights out for 3 straight games against the Top Defenses in the league without a true run game and dont expect the defense to even be able to get off the field at some point playing against mediocre offenses...  Jets, Bmore, Giants,etc all have inferior offenses to ours. .  So hold the guy with the most weight on his shoulders to a high standard and pay the D to do nothing...is that it?

[/QUOTE]

He doesnt have to play lights out just play turnover free. To answer your question what I expect is "the guy with the most weight on his shoulders" to NOT turn the ball over - he has NEVER had 5 straight regular season games with at least one INT in each. Yet thats his current playoff streak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My point is UNTIL Brady can put together 3 good games as QB together DONT expect to win the SB...A team can win A game in spite of bad QB play, no way can any team win 3 games in a row with BAD QB play in the regular season, NEVERMIND playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

This is obvious.  still havent adressed my question and thats rude and rusty like to keep harping on your points with out adressing  mine but I'll still play your game,. your thread so its cool.

So you expect Brady to play lights out for 3 straight games against the Top Defenses in the league without a true run game and dont expect the defense to even be able to get off the field at some point playing against mediocre offenses...  Jets, Bmore, Giants,etc all have inferior offenses to ours. .  So hold the guy with the most weight on his shoulders to a high standard and pay the D to do nothing...is that it?

[/QUOTE]

What I expect is "the guy with the most weight on his shoulders" to NOT turn the ball over - he has NEVER had 5 straight regular games with at least one INT in each. Yet thats his current playoff streak.

[/QUOTE]

Welp, I dont what else to tell you. YOu want a perfect Robot QB. Maybe ask for one next christmas. Ive tried to explain why Brady presses in the big game and how it related to our defense and their inability to get off the field. Im blue in the face now so you win. You and wozzy cannot be influenced by any part of the game outside of offense so be it. If we win this year, I bet noone will admit its because the defense is finally playing decent ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give us a reason he can't?

[/QUOTE]

cuz, lately, he hasn't

[/QUOTE] So anonymis, you are basically looking at the glass half full and expect a poor performance more than a good one just because.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ccsjl....  is it written ANYWHERE that Brady HAS TO HAVE THREE good games in a row for the Pats to win?  There are legions of QBs who have not had good games in the playoffs and their team STILL won.  Does everyone recall the year Big Ben stunk it up in the SB and the Steelers still won?  Seems you are hell bent on making this a Brady thing and he absolutely has to play well for the Pats to win.  Think about it, in SB42 & SB 46, if not for a couple defensive lapses late in those games, we wouldn't even be talking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What I expect is "the guy with the most weight on his shoulders" to NOT turn the ball over - he has NEVER had 5 straight regular games with at least one INT in each. Yet thats his current playoff streak.

[/QUOTE]

Welp, I dont what else to tell you. YOu want a perfect Robot QB. Maybe ask for one next christmas. Ive tried to explain why Brady presses in the big game and how it related to our defense and their inability to get off the field. Im blue in the face now so you win. You and wozzy cannot be influenced by any part of the game outside of offense so be it. If we win this year, I bet noone will admit its because the defense is finally playing decent ball.

[/QUOTE]

Montana in 4 SBS 11 TDs and ZERO INTs, if Brady does not throw his INT last year in the SB on first down from the Giants 45, (nevermind he had at least 15 yards of open field in front of him to run for a first down), Pats have at least a FG chance there in a close game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] What if the defense allows 26 pts but the offense scores 30.....which would be about double the average of their past 2 SB scores......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I would look at Ben Rothlisburgers 22.6 QB rating and QB win of evidence of that. Too bad if we play seattle they wont be the same BS team that made it with Hassleback! Very different teams...

So Ben went  9/21 vs Seattle with NO TDs and 2 INT's and yet his team still won and it never really seemed close....Ya know why! He had a defense that helped him out. When your defense doesnt Produce atleast ONE 3 and out in the SB, you are not helping the offense at all.

So I hope this helps you sleep better.  Maybe our defense will get off the field If/when we make it again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

[QUOTE]

ccsjl....  is it written ANYWHERE that Brady HAS TO HAVE THREE good games in a row for the Pats to win?  There are legions of QBs who have not had good games in the playoffs and their team STILL won.  Does everyone recall the year Big Ben stunk it up in the SB and the Steelers still won?  Seems you are hell bent on making this a Brady thing and he absolutely has to play well for the Pats to win.  Think about it, in SB42 & SB 46, if not for a couple defensive lapses late in those games, we wouldn't even be talking.

[/QUOTE]
    SB 42 NO Brady INTs since then 5 straight playoff games with INTS.....You made my point with Ben had 1 bad game which a team can overcome. Look at last year Divisional game 6TD and 1 Int (GOOD game), then AFC Champ game 0 TD and 2 INTs (bad game - D bailed him out of that one) SB 46 2TDs and 1 INT (mediocre game)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    SB 42 NO Brady INTs since then 5 straight playoff games with INTS.....You made my point with Ben had 1 bad game which a team can overcome. Look at last year Divisional game 6TD and 1 Int (GOOD game), then AFC Champ game 0 TD and 2 INTs (bad game - D bailed him out of that one) SB 46 2TDs and 1 INT (mediocre game)

[/QUOTE]

B-more had the 4th rated pass defense last year. Denver was # 18 and Tebow is out of work this year.  Do you really wanna keep this going???  Have you no ability to rationalize football and keep things in perspective or does everything evolve around stats for you?

Lets switch it up real quick. If I was a Giants fan and I wanted to know how we beat the Pats last year when the Pats appeared to be the better team I would point to NE's 31 rated pass defense that year or our pourus 3rd down 3 and the fact that 14 other teams had higher sack totals and we only forced 5 fumbles on the year. I thnk Nink has that alone this year...So Good News! We may be able to put a formidable defense out there to compliment Brady so doesnt try to do too much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

Why cant anybody admit Brady is a worse post season QB than regular season? Reg season 334 TD to 123 Int, for a 2.7:1 ratio. Playoffs hes 38 TD to 20 INT for a 1.9:1 ratio. And currently has a playoff streak of 1 game with at least 1TD pass, and 5 games with at least 1 INT. My original point is in his last 12 playoff games he has not put 2 good games back to back

[/QUOTE]

you're asking that question in a Patriots forum?  lol.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IMO, Brady needs to have 3 games where he doesn't have any INTs - but, all three phases of the game need to step up - coaching too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why cant anybody admit Brady is a worse post season QB than regular season? Reg season 334 TD to 123 Int, for a 2.7:1 ratio. Playoffs hes 38 TD to 20 INT for a 1.9:1 ratio. And currently has a playoff streak of 1 game with at least 1TD pass, and 5 games with at least 1 INT. My original point is in his last 12 playoff games he has not put 2 good games back to back

[/QUOTE]

you're asking that question in a Patriots forum?  lol.....

[/QUOTE] I know!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tom Brady has led the Pats to a division title every year as a starter except for one.

Tom Brady has led the Pats to the conference championship 6 out of 10 times as a starter.

Tom Brady has led the Pats to the Super Bowl 5 out of 10 times as a starter.

And he won 3 Super Bowls.

That is all.

For now.

[/QUOTE]

Keep going....... Tom Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since 2005.

Tom Brady is 0-2 in his last two Super Bowl appearences.

Let's make sure that, when looking at history, we look at it ALL. Brady doesn't and hasn't won three Super Bowls all on his own. Just, since 2005, he and the team have been "lacking" in achieving this goal.

(OMG! Now I know I'm going to have Babe jump this post!)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Negative Nancy comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can tell by your screen name what you are all about

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

AZ.. OMG, no SB win since 2005??!!  Must make Jets fans feel much better since they haven't been to a SB since 1967.  I'll say this again, at least we have a team that gets to the SB a bit more often than most teams.  Enjoy the ride!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Tom Brady has led the Pats to a division title every year as a starter except for one.

Tom Brady has led the Pats to the conference championship 6 out of 10 times as a starter.

That is all.

For now.

[/QUOTE]

Let's make sure that, when looking at history, we look at it ALL. Brady doesn't and hasn't won three Super Bowls all on his own. Just, since 2005, he and the team have been "lacking" in achieving this goal.

[/QUOTE]

Why don't we wait until he makes History this Sunday by passing Joe Montana with the most playoff wins in the HISTORY of the sport!  Then we can sit back and wait until his career is done before passing judgement on where is stands. 

You Trolls should find something else to do now that your team is out of the running AGAIN.  I know go to the B's board and bug them about the Rangers game coming up next weekend!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

So the Pats D caused Bradys 16 INTs in those 12 games?

[/QUOTE]

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

^ ...  can you hear the teeth knashing somewhere about ccsjl's comment?  (-;

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Negative Nancy comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can tell by your screen name what you are all about

[/QUOTE]

Really? CCSJL - I thought it stood for Cape Cod which happens to be where I live, and SJL which happen to be my initials.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So the Pats D caused Bradys 16 INTs in those 12 games?

[/QUOTE]

The pats D limited possessions and time you have to score.

When you are limited by possessions and time this tends to make you have to score quickly, pass more and press more.

When you have to score quickly you become one dimensional and alot of your options are also limited.  Think 2 minute drill except for you are running 8 or 9 ,if you prefer, of them due to time.  Also when the O is on the bench for 15-20 minutes real time, it's difficult to get in rythem. 

Allowing a qb to score on 50% of their possessions, whether Fg's or Td's causes you to have to score on more than 50% of your possessions.  Throw in the limited time and limited possessions, you are pretty much scr#wed.

So, in a nut shell, yes.  It could very well caused  turn overs because when you can take your time and not force things, you should be less prone to mistakes.

[/QUOTE]

Good thing you didn't mention that a good offense will keep possession of the ball, moving it and controlling the clock, which keeps a bad defense on teh sidelines. Whether it's 5:50 for a TD, or 6:45 for a FG, it keeps that D on the sidelines, right? Better yet, it's BEST that you didn't include that a top ranked/world beating offense WILL do this. Especially is said top ranked/world beating QB is scoring TD's 50% of the time, right?

PHEW! Glad I could help out!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That is all.

For now.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NO worries there - hes been DEAD silent in this thread since I challenged him on the original post comment to show me in the last 12 playoff games where Brady has had 2 good games in a row....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Montana was 4-3 in CCGs and 9-7 in divisional games. Fetus Head is 9-10 in the playoffs.

Give Brady a defense like when he was 10-0 and that 6-6 might look a whole lot better.

[/QUOTE]

I really find it hard to believe that knowledgeable football fans don't understand that having a bad defense can kill a great offense, especially when it's poor play results in a decreased number of possessions for their offense.

[/QUOTE]

Or how a lousy offense can continually put said bad defense on teh field for longer than they need to. Right? Especially when the offense plays against another bad defense, right?

How a  I doing? After all, gotta apply this theory of yours all the way around.

Just helping out!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Talk about denial....Im a Pats fan but a realist. You Pats fans know that Brady a has 5 game PICK streak in the playoffs?

[/QUOTE]

I know since 2007 Brady has a 2/1 TD/INT ratio in playoff games other than the Raven's fiasco in 2009. You know, the one where Welker was out and the Ravens shot to a 24 zip lead in the 1st quarter and we threw the gameplan out the window?

[/QUOTE]

Tut! Tut! Tut! Ya gotta incluse them ALL, not just the ones you want to. Sort of like regular season stuff. Can't disregard the bad games.

Just a reminder. Carry on....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have a great QB.  There is nobody I would rather have.  That said, let's not pretend like he's played as well in the playoffs of late.  But as stated by someone above, this is a team sport.  I attribute many of his subpar games to the game plan; both ours and our opponents.  His performances have merely been a symptom of greater problems.  For example, no outside deep threat?  Just crowd the box.  Can't run too well?  Don't respect it.  Those weaknesses are going to be amplified in the playoffs.  Oh, and the Pats still haven't figured out how to play well when teams can generate any pressure without blitzing.  Maybe it's fair to ask if Brady could do a better job in those situations.  Is he elite when under pressure with no blitz?  We know he can tear up teams pressuring him using the blitz.

[/QUOTE]

Generally Brady's playoff performances have been "good" if not spectacular for the most part in recent years. The problem has been the lack of anybody else doing much to help and he just hasn't played well enough to carry the whole team on his back.

One turnover from the D in the last 2 SBs when they had 8 in the 3 before doesn't help him much. Anemic running by our backs in both the SB losses didn't help much either.

He's probably not going to win the Lombardi on his own. I don't think anybody ever has.

[/QUOTE]

Tut! Tut! Tut!

If the "help" in the regular season was good, it's good, too, in teh post season. After all, no team goes from good to bad overnight, even if they come down with the flu, or if a few players get injured.

Nice try, though. Continue, please...

Sections
Shortcuts