Re: Brady - 18 td's and only 3 picks
posted at 11/19/2012 7:32 AM EST
In response to JintsFan's comment:
In response to kevin13130's comment:
put it this way: TB is very accurate and very smart and is deadly if u dont get a rush on him-he is going to be in the top 3-4 for MVP again and has won 2 already
In response to JintsFan's comment:
dunno about "by far"...TB is great but he seems to throw to a lot of wide open receivers too
Wide open receivers? I'm sure you're selectively recalling the wide open throws.
We have no true deep threat and Brady's passes are mostly within 10 yards between the numbers. Even logically, you should deduce that Brady does not have a lot of area to work with. A lot of his passes have to be pinpoint to have a chance because defenses try to crowd this already-limited space.
I'm not knocking on any of the elites out there (Rodgers, Brees,...Eli), but some of those guys couldn't do what Brady does.
but I can't think of what he does that Rodgers can't and I just think that with so many receivers and so many quick cuts and routes being run with the spread I see Brady throwing very accurate passes but to open receivers -I can't honestly say Peyton or Brees or Rodgers or maybe one or two others couldn't have similar success with this Pats offense
This is NOT a knock on Brady in the least b/c I believe Brady would have the same numbers Peyton and brees and rodgers have with their teams too
It is a knock on Brady, that's what the whole post is because you're a tool who comes here to throw poo. Brady is the only guy in the NFL with open receivers? Did that make sense when you wrote it? Seriously, get lost, quit trying to talk about a sport you don't understand.
Brady has set nearly every record for efficiency for in the last 12 years
Most games 20 completions and no interceptions, season: 10, Tom Brady, 2007
Most games 30 completions and no interceptions, season: 5, Tom Brady,
Highest completion percentage, post-season game (minimum 20 passes): 92.9, Tom Brady
Highest completion percentage, game (minimum 6 TD passes): 85.3, Tom Brady, October 18, 2009
- Most games with 300 yards passing and no interceptions, season 8, Tom Brady 2007
- Most games with 1+ touchdown pass and no interceptions, season 14, Tom Brady 2010
- Most games with 2 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season 11, Tom Brady 2010
- Most games with 3 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season 8, Tom Brady 2007
- Most games with 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season 5, Tom Brady 2007
- Most games with 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career 13, Tom Brady 2000–present
- Most games with 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season 3, Tom Brady 2007
- Most games with 6 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career 2, Tom Brady 2000–2010, Peyton Manning 1998–2010
- Most games with 20 completions and no interceptions, season 10, Tom Brady 2007
- Most games with 30 completions and no interceptions, season 5, Tom Brady 2007, Drew Brees 2011
- Most games with 30 pass attempts and no interceptions, season 8, Peyton Manning 2006 2010, Marc Bulger 2006, Tom Brady 2003, Drew Bledsoe 2002, Drew Brees 2011
- Most games with 50 pass attempts and no interceptions, career 3, Tom Brady 2000–2010
- Best touchdown pass–interception differential, season: 42 (50–8) Tom Brady, 2007
- Best touchdown pass–interception ratio, season: 9-1 (36-4) Tom Brady, 2010 (minimum 12 TD passes)
- Best passing yards–interception ratio, season: 975.0-1 (3,900-4) Tom Brady, 2010 (minimum 2,000 passing yards)
- Best completion–interception ratio, season: 81.0-1 (324-4) Tom Brady 2010, (minimum 150 completions)
Nobody else is even close. But he probably just got lucky every game of every season since he came in the NFL despite having changed WR groups and Offensive coordinators several times.