Brady - 18 td's and only 3 picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Brady - 18 td's and only 3 picks

It's not talked about much but there isnt a QB as good as Brady when it comes to ball security. Luck threw as many picks today as Brady has all season. Brady set the record a couple of years ago for most passes without a pick and it looks like he's on another one of those streaks.

We are damn lucky to have Tom Brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Brady - 18 td's and only 3 picks

Amen, btw he has 21 td's..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I believe it is 21 tds and 3 ints actually but yes we are all damn lucky Brady is the Pats QB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Never look a gift horse in the mouth

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thank God the defense is here to bail out his sorry azz week after week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

With the defense that we have, we actually can't afford Brady to turn the ball over.

If we even had Drew Brees (who, for all his touchdowns, throws his fair share of picks), this team would not win so many games.

It's amazing how Brady leads the #1 offense in the league, throws so much with no real deep threat, and so rarely fumbles or throws interceptions. For all the big numbers that Rodgers, Brees, and Peyton Manning are putting up this year, my choice for MVP is Brady by far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Thank God the defense is here to bail out his sorry azz week after week.

:)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Lets not forget how many Corners dropped sure int from brady, or else he would be 27td and around 17 int

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Three picks and some fools complain about the guy....unbelievable. He's the single best thing that has happened to this franchise, I just wish he could play another ten years.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

dunno about "by far"...TB is great but he seems to throw to a lot of wide open receivers too

Wide open receivers? I'm sure you're selectively recalling the wide open throws.

We have no true deep threat and Brady's passes are mostly within 10 yards between the numbers. Even logically, you should deduce that Brady does not have a lot of area to work with. A lot of his passes have to be pinpoint to have a chance because defenses try to crowd this already-limited space.

I'm not knocking on any of the elites out there (Rodgers, Brees,...Eli), but some of those guys couldn't do what Brady does.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Right 21 td's after today, my bad. 

We would probably be 3-7 or so with an average QB. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:

With the defense that we have, we actually can't afford Brady to turn the ball over.

If we even had Drew Brees (who, for all his touchdowns, throws his fair share of picks), this team would not win so many games.

It's amazing how Brady leads the #1 offense in the league, throws so much with no real deep threat, and so rarely fumbles or throws interceptions. For all the big numbers that Rodgers, Brees, and Peyton Manning are putting up this year, my choice for MVP is Brady by far.

I agree

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

dunno about "by far"...TB is great but he seems to throw to a lot of wide open receivers too

Wide open receivers? I'm sure you're selectively recalling the wide open throws.

We have no true deep threat and Brady's passes are mostly within 10 yards between the numbers. Even logically, you should deduce that Brady does not have a lot of area to work with. A lot of his passes have to be pinpoint to have a chance because defenses try to crowd this already-limited space.

I'm not knocking on any of the elites out there (Rodgers, Brees,...Eli), but some of those guys couldn't do what Brady does.

put it this way: TB is very accurate and very smart and is deadly if u dont get a rush on him-he is going to be in the top 3-4 for MVP again and has won 2 already

but I can't think of what he does that Rodgers can't and I just think that with so many receivers and so many quick cuts and routes being run with the spread I see Brady throwing very accurate passes  but to open receivers -I can't honestly say Peyton or Brees or Rodgers or maybe one or two others couldn't have similar success with this Pats offense

This is NOT a knock on Brady in the least b/c I believe Brady would have the same numbers Peyton and brees and rodgers have with their teams too

I know Rodgers couldn't pull off this quick, short passing attack that Brady leads. Don't get me wrong, Rodgers is a tremendous QB and is very accurate too. But he doesn't read coverage like Brady does, nor does he get rid of the ball as quickly. Rodgers relies on that vertical perimeter passing game quite a bit. I would argue Drew Brees couldn't pull this off either because he's in the same vein as Rodgers, but I'd give Brees a pass because his height limits him somewhat on what he can do in the short passing game.

The only QB who I think could pull this off is Peyton Manning. He has the smarts, accuracy, and awareness to run this offense, but even then, I have trouble seeing him run it as well as Brady is right now.

To be clear, I'm not knocking the other elite QB's in the league, nor am I saying that Brady is clearly better for leading this type of offense. What I am saying is that although Brady may not put up the numbers that Peyton and Brees do, I think Brady deserves a lot of credit for operating what some would call a "dink-and-dunk" offense at such a high level.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

thats fair....i will say one thing I give Rodgers over every QB in the league now and I believe he may be one of the best all-time at and that is throwing on the run. he can escape and hit a guy in stride 40 yards downfield

Yeah I agree. I could see Rodgers becoming one of the best ever QB's to play, certainly the best in terms of talent. "One of the best" is a term that gets tossed around loosely, so to clarify, I mean The Best (like better than Peyton and Brady). He has the accuracy of those two, and he can run. He's not there now, but as he matures, Rodgers could become the GOAT, and this coming from the biggest Brady fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's no surprise that Brady's ball security increases with a running game behind him and play action passing...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

It's no surprise that Brady's ball security increases with a running game behind him and play action passing...

The running game may help some but eveen years where they were pass crazy like in 2007 his interception % was phenomenal. He was the second best of all time before this season started and he has thrown a heck of a lot more passes than the QB ranked higher (Aaron Rodgers).

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

put it this way: TB is very accurate and very smart and is deadly if u dont get a rush on him-he is going to be in the top 3-4 for MVP again and has won 2 already

but I can't think of what he does that Rodgers can't and I just think that with so many receivers and so many quick cuts and routes being run with the spread I see Brady throwing very accurate passes  but to open receivers -I can't honestly say Peyton or Brees or Rodgers or maybe one or two others couldn't have similar success with this Pats offense

This is NOT a knock on Brady in the least b/c I believe Brady would have the same numbers Peyton and brees and rodgers have with their teams too

It is a knock on Brady, that's what the whole post is because you're a tool who comes here to throw poo.  Brady is the only guy in the NFL with open receivers?  Did that make sense when you wrote it?  Seriously, get lost, quit trying to talk about a sport you don't understand. 

Brady has set nearly every record for efficiency for in the last 12 years

Most games 20 completions and no interceptions, season: 10, Tom Brady, 2007

Most games 30 completions and no interceptions, season: 5, Tom Brady,

Highest completion percentage, post-season game (minimum 20 passes): 92.9, Tom Brady

Highest completion percentage, game (minimum 6 TD passes): 85.3, Tom Brady, October 18, 2009

• Most games with 300 yards passing and no interceptions, season 8, Tom Brady 2007
    • Most games with 1+ touchdown pass and no interceptions, season 14, Tom Brady 2010
    • Most games with 2 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season 11, Tom Brady 2010
    • Most games with 3 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season 8, Tom Brady 2007
    • Most games with 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season 5, Tom Brady 2007
    • Most games with 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career 13, Tom Brady 2000–present
    • Most games with 5 touchdown passes and no interceptions, season 3, Tom Brady 2007
    • Most games with 6 touchdown passes and no interceptions, career 2, Tom Brady 2000–2010, Peyton Manning 1998–2010
    • Most games with 20 completions and no interceptions, season 10, Tom Brady 2007
    • Most games with 30 completions and no interceptions, season 5, Tom Brady 2007, Drew Brees 2011
    • Most games with 30 pass attempts and no interceptions, season 8, Peyton Manning 2006 2010, Marc Bulger 2006, Tom Brady 2003, Drew Bledsoe 2002, Drew Brees 2011
    • Most games with 50 pass attempts and no interceptions, career 3, Tom Brady 2000–2010
    • Best touchdown pass–interception differential, season: 42 (50–8) Tom Brady, 2007
    • Best touchdown pass–interception ratio, season: 9-1 (36-4) Tom Brady, 2010 (minimum 12 TD passes)
    • Best passing yards–interception ratio, season: 975.0-1 (3,900-4) Tom Brady, 2010 (minimum 2,000 passing yards)
    • Best completion–interception ratio, season: 81.0-1 (324-4) Tom Brady 2010, (minimum 150 completions)

Nobody else is even close.  But he probably just got lucky every game of every season since he came in the NFL despite having changed WR groups and Offensive coordinators several times.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Rodgers is his equal in ball security. Though a good part of Brady's career was before the contact rule changes that have reduced the potential for INTs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Troll

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts