Brady 2007 / Manning 2013 Running Up Scores Double Standard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Brady 2007 / Manning 2013 Running Up Scores Double Standard

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

Even if the pats were criticized, pats fans whined about the criticism.  Now they are whining that the criticism has yet to be laid on someone else.  Talk about a double standard. 

a suppossed colt fan with an unhealthy man love  for Gomer who spends his time on a patriot fan board criticizing Pat's fans. Don't worry dogg scientist are working feverishly to come up with something to help you with your affliction.

Seriously shouldn't you be over on the Titan's board or the Texans board. You really need to let go of your obsession with all things Patriots.

Now jri, you know this no longer really has anything to do with the pats, right?  I mean really, what have they done in the last nine years?  Remember when all you guys ever used to do is throw the "it's all about the rings" line around?  Some people still have that mentality.  Funny, huh?

Ive been posting on this board for a long time.  The things that I know are primarily colts related and you cannot eliminate Peyton manning from that.  Do you know that there are threads on this board about welker, but he doesnt play for the pats anymore.  Go figure, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

In 2007..Brady chastised for running up scores but when Horse Face does it ..its just that he is so great! Double standard nonsense!!!

Brady over Horse face anytime

I belive the running up of the score was on Belichick and not Brady.  BB is not loved by ESPN who I think are the ones who started all that.  I don't see a double standard here because Brady got noticed for is numbers at the time.  The running up of the score was aimed at BB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

In 2007..Brady chastised for running up scores but when Horse Face does it ..its just that he is so great! Double standard nonsense!!!

I belive the running up of the score was on Belichick and not Brady.  BB is not loved by ESPN who I think are the ones who started all that.  I don't see a double standard here because Brady got noticed for is numbers at the time.  The running up of the score was aimed at BB.

I would agree with that, and again I don't recall all of the talk starting until the pats demolished the redskins.  Additionally, as I previously said, the broncos d has yet to keep an opponent under 20 points while the pats d in 2007 gave up more than 20 points only 3 times that year.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Even if the pats were criticized, pats fans whined about the criticism.  Now they are whining that the criticism has yet to be laid on someone else.  Talk about a double standard. 

a suppossed colt fan with an unhealthy man love  for Gomer who spends his time on a patriot fan board criticizing Pat's fans. Don't worry dogg scientist are working feverishly to come up with something to help you with your affliction.

Seriously shouldn't you be over on the Titan's board or the Texans board. You really need to let go of your obsession with all things Patriots.

Now jri, you know this no longer really has anything to do with the pats, right?  I mean really, what have they done in the last nine years?  Remember when all you guys ever used to do is throw the "it's all about the rings" line around?  Some people still have that mentality.  Funny, huh?

Ive been posting on this board for a long time.  The things that I know are primarily colts related and you cannot eliminate Peyton manning from that.  Do you know that there are threads on this board about welker, but he doesnt play for the pats anymore.  Go figure, right?

Just concerned for your mental health. Judging by your latest post it is becoming evident you really have an inferiorty complex when it comes to the Patriots and their fans. Your team is young and up and coming yet most of your post concern the past Colts and their past QB. Most fans root for the cloth but it is clear you have an unhealthy attachment to the past QB of the team you supposedly are a fan of.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Jri - I appreciate your concern.  Even if significantly off base, the thought is appreciated.  Are you an MD or psychologist or do you just psychoanalyze as a hobby? 

I am very happy about my colts team, although I don't think they are as good as their record suggests.  As for discussing the past colts - that's what people talk about here.  Rather than trying to change a thread's subject (which would be rude), I am just trying to be a part of the community.  The issue you suggest that I possess is no more mine than it is many others here.  Its not at all surprising how much the talk about Manning harkens back to his days a Colt. 

I imagine there will be quite a bit of talk about Brady (just as there is about Welker now) after he leaves the team.  Heck you guys talk about the Super Bowls you won all of the time, and the last time that happened was 9 years ago.  Its natural and inevitable, I think.  What does your psychoanalysis say about that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Who but Marino or Rex Grossman cares?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Jri - I appreciate your concern.  Even if significantly off base, the thought is appreciated.  Are you an MD or psychologist or do you just psychoanalyze as a hobby? 

I am very happy about my colts team, although I don't think they are as good as their record suggests.  As for discussing the past colts - that's what people talk about here.  Rather than trying to change a thread's subject (which would be rude), I am just trying to be a part of the community.  The issue you suggest that I possess is no more mine than it is many others here.  Its not at all surprising how much the talk about Manning harkens back to his days a Colt. 

I imagine there will be quite a bit of talk about Brady (just as there is about Welker now) after he leaves the team.  Its natural and inevitable, I think.  What does your psychoanalysis say about that?

Don't worry dogg i don't think anyone notices the unhealthy obssesion you have with the Manning/Brady comparisons. I will do my best to try and keep it quiet. It's okay, you can get help for that inferiority thing you got going on with that issue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I imagine there will be quite a bit of talk about Brady (just as there is about Welker now) after he leaves the team.  Its natural and inevitable, I think.  What does your psychoanalysis say about that?

Don't worry dogg i don't think anyone notices the unhealthy obssesion you have with the Manning/Brady comparisons. I will do my best to try and keep it quiet. It's okay, you can get help for that inferiority thing you got going on with that issue.

Wow - thank goodness.  Let me know if the cat gets out of the bag. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Tried to warn. The media is anti-BB, which is why Fox doesn't get the same pathetic criticism.

It's not Brady vs Manning.  The whole root of anything about NE is about going after Bill Belichick.

Of course the media are hypocrites.

Or - the pats didn't actually get called out until they beat a team 52-7 (or whatever it was), and held all but 3 teams under 20 points while the broncos have yet to do that once.  Then again, if you can't see the forest for the trees, then any reasoning I may provide is moot. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Tried to warn. The media is anti-BB, which is why Fox doesn't get the same pathetic criticism.

It's not Brady vs Manning.  The whole root of anything about NE is about going after Bill Belichick.

Of course the media are hypocrites.

Or - the pats didn't actually get called out until they beat a team 52-7 (or whatever it was), and held all but 3 teams under 20 points while the broncos have yet to do that once.  Then again, if you can't see the forest for the trees, then any reasoning I may provide is moot. 

That is total crap.  Manning is running out there looking to throw for TDs from the 2 and 3 yard lines in the 4th qtr up 3 TDs just like the 2007 Pats were doing.

The running up the score crap is a load of garbage and if BB wanted a bit more on Greg Williams's SKins D that year for bounty garbage that he was known for, then too bad.

I am not even sure Greg Williams has been hired back in the NFL, has he?

Russ - I am just saying the "running up the score" story didn't beginwith the pats (as far as I can tell) until this game which was in late October.  The pats were up 38-0 in the third when brady started his last drive.  He took it 6 minutes into the 4th before they scored another TD.  Then Brady was out.  That's significantly more than 3 scores (21 points).

On the other hand, in the 4 games Manning has played this year, he's only thrown 1 TD after the team was up by more than 21 points, only one, and that was in the 3rd quarter (not the 4th) against the Eagles.  Different circumstances  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What a crybaby thread this is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The question is why are you here, why aren't you on a forum for your favorite new team the Bronco's.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Here's a reposting of what I've already written on another thread. 

the situations are different. 

1.  Didn't start hearing that about the pats until they beat the redskins 52-7 in late october.  The Patriots were up 38-0 with 2 minutes left in the third and they kept Brady in.  He held the ball 6 minutes into the 4th and scored, and then came out.  Manning was up 35-13 (much different situation than 38-0) when he played his last drive of the game.  The broncos scored before the end of the quarter and manning didn't play again. 

2.  The pats had a much better defense than the Broncos do now.  The broncos have yet to hold an opponent under 20 pts while in 2007 the pats gave up more than 20 points only 5 times in the regular season. 

Fair or not, the circumstances are different.  In that game where Brady played into the fourth and scored, he started the drive in the third.  Its natural for him to continue the drive to its conclusion and then sit, so I see no issue there to even consider. 

Fact is the grumblings continued after the pats won 56-10 a couple of weeks later.  I assure you that if the broncos continue to score like they have an manage to hold some teams under 20, you'll hear the grumblings. 

Fact is Brady never sexually assaulted a female trainer and got away with it trollboy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

well said.

Also, Brady did not run up scores and neither is Manning. At the end of the day, the head coaches are responsible for all plays called.

You are siding with the boards pre-eminent Jets Troll...you just made a board full of enemies Brunes TrollBoy... :)

Brady didn't run up any scores, neither is Manning. thats what I said. How is that making enemies?

Oh, am I suppose to say Brady didn't and manning, since he is not Patriot, is most certainly running up the score?

That will win me some freinds, which of course is why I am in here.

Loser.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

well said.

Also, Brady did not run up scores and neither is Manning. At the end of the day, the head coaches are responsible for all plays called.

You are siding with the boards pre-eminent Jets Troll...you just made a board full of enemies Brunes TrollBoy... :)

Brady didn't run up any scores, neither is Manning. thats what I said. How is that making enemies?

Oh, am I suppose to say Brady didn't and manning, since he is not Patriot, is most certainly running up the score?

That will win me some freinds, which of course is why I am in here.

Loser.

You are a child...go back to the BRUNES board...

Great reply. Filled with information proving me wrong.

•  

• Sections
    Shortcuts