Brady addicted to Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Brady addicted to Welker

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

So, what you are saying here is Brady should make more attempts to throw to other receivers, just to spread the ball around more, so as not to appear to be focused on Welker?  If that is the case, I can see it now when his INT rate goes up because the other receivers are no where near as open as Welker most of the time.  The screams from this board will be loud!  From above, the "other" receivers may appear open, but, from Brady's vantage point, he may not see them as open.  You try and stand behind an O-line of 6' 5" + folks, with defenders all around, and throw a pass before you get hammered.   It always seems easier from the comfy confines of your couch!

No doubt... But your assertion that picks will be the result of looking for and throwing to other receivers is just negative speculation.  I'm saying he is addicted to the timing of quick throws to Welker and he is getting less comfortable when he holds the ball a bit longer.

Perfect example is first play of 2nd half... Edelman split right, Welker in motion into right slot.  Great play action fake to Ridley... Brady stands in pocket great protection and rifles the ball within 5 feet of Edelman's head but Edelman was still coming out of his break and covered.  Meanwhile Hernandez is open in flat and Ridley is open coming across underneath.

He locked in and threw too soon.  Another example is the throw into end zone over welkers head while he was double covered... Didn't see Edelman open just 5 yards to the left.

The clock in his head has been sped up by the quick throws.  He needs to relax and see the field better.IMO...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

:) Funny!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Plays are called with different receivers as the primary read, secondary, etc.  Wes isn't always the first read but he is quite often.  If Brady reads him as open, he gets the ball; if he doesn't he goes through his read sequence.  One of Brady's many strengths is that he reads and decides more quickly than do many QBs.  I've seen him on more than one occasion where I'm sure Wes was the primary but Brady didn't go to him because he wasn't open.  He's not addicted to Welker; often Welker simply is a larger part of the game plan and gets open more often.  That's more a matter of using a good offensive weapon effectively than it is addiction.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Welker is used on short routes to negate the blitz and he does his job extremely well. If Gronk is healthy then the Pats use more 2 or 3 TE sets. My guess that Woodhead will be used on screens to encourage over pursuit. We, as fans, get to see if the line gets enough push to give Ridley some yardage. Also could see Vereen as wide out. If Bolden is playable he becomes the change of pace back. The abscence of Gronk means Brady has fewer options on his hot reads. I still expect one of Lloyd or Stallworth to step up. Love him or hate Lloyd is still a threat outside the hashmarks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

coolade...   are you arguing with success just to make a point about Brady and his focus on Welker.  I can understand this being an issue when Welker is totally shut down and Brady stills tries to pass to him all the time.  So far, that has not been the case.  Until the opponent makes the Pats pay for the way the O is functioning, and it is doing so without Gronk right now, keep the train going.  Seems some here want to see something different just to be different.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

This just occurred to me like a slap in the face.

Welker has a unique skill set that a quarterback loves... He gets separation and he gets it right NOW.  quick-twitch acceleration that Brady can see at the exact time that he wants to throw it... RightNOW.  If you clock it , Brady releases the ball to ww on most completions before every other receiver in the league has completed a simple route.

This explains all the receiver failures that have come and gone while also explaining the disparity between 20 targets for ww and 1 for Lloyd.

it also explains the bliwout to baltimore when welker was injured AND thw loss to nyj when BB stupidly benched ww for some petty reason.

patriots coaches and Brady  need to wake up and either run the ball or run a play where a receiver can complete a route that IS NOT NAMED WES WELKER.

It occurred to me YEARS ago.  It's still very concerning. It really is. Go to Pats.com and look at the post locker room video from the Miami game. Brady all but makes love to Welker in the locker room.  Then, he walks over to a confused Lloyd congratulating him.   This, all after they almost lost because Brady wanted to run a shotgun base spread, ignoring the run in the first half. It's very odd. Brady looks thrilled to have played a terrible game and barely escape simply because he wanted to throw as much as he did.  

The fact is, every defense knows this, too. It's why Ochocinco isn't to be blamed last year or why Lloyd isn't to be blamed this year.   The crack pipe is real and I am just not convinced BB can ween him off it in time.  We'll see.

You're the one who needs to be weened off the crack pipe junior.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Not sure why any one would criticize this dynamic duo.  It works!

And it works depite the defenders doing their best to not let it work.

The success is two-fold as it is a result of Welker being able to get open and a need to get rid of the ball quickly.

Show me a QB who has the ability to go through progressions while feeling the rushers breath.

If you didn't notice last week, every time they panned to TB, he was on the ground despite getting the ball out quickly to Welker and in some cases Woody.  No time to wait for Lloyd  to get open, although TB said he was in a lot of plays.  Didn't really have time to look IMO.

Expect more of the same in the next 2 weeks as both teams will be gunning for Tom.

Thinking more Woody and Vareen this week as if they take away Welker, both have the ability to take a short pass to the house.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

:) Funny!

"it's almost like I can't throw without you .... !"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Not sure why any one would criticize this dynamic duo.  It works!

And it works depite the defenders doing their best to not let it work.

The success is two-fold as it is a result of Welker being able to get open and a need to get rid of the ball quickly.

Show me a QB who has the ability to go through progressions while feeling the rushers breath.

If you didn't notice last week, every time they panned to TB, he was on the ground despite getting the ball out quickly to Welker and in some cases Woody.  No time to wait for Lloyd  to get open, although TB said he was in a lot of plays.  Didn't really have time to look IMO.

Expect more of the same in the next 2 weeks as both teams will be gunning for Tom.

Thinking more Woody and Vareen this week as if they take away Welker, both have the ability to take a short pass to the house.

Agree about upcoming weeks...  So beef up the protection schemes and chip the edge rushers . You can't do that from spread formation... So hopefully we see less of that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

This seems to be conventional wisdom but it isn't wisdom, its a knee jerk reaction,  Brady thows to every receiver on the field and if you don't see that, you are not really watching.  Check the stats for Patriots receivers.

That said with Gronk out and Edelman gone for the seaon, Brady will probably throw more to Wes but that's due to fewer options, not addiction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

coolade...   are you arguing with success just to make a point about Brady and his focus on Welker.  I can understand this being an issue when Welker is totally shut down and Brady stills tries to pass to him all the time.  So far, that has not been the case.  Until the opponent makes the Pats pay for the way the O is functioning, and it is doing so without Gronk right now, keep the train going.  Seems some here want to see something different just to be different.

Well the op tries to make a correlation between several different circumstances affecting the offense. because Welker is so unique ( in a good way) he gets a lot of balls.  I'm just saying that the timing of most of these  throws is different thereby causing the offense to struggle in other areas that require a different timing.  And that a QB can get "addicted" to getting rid of the ball quicker...  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bunker Spreckeles. Show Bunker Spreckeles's posts

Brady's addiction to Welker is a problem.  More of a problem is his insatiable need to alter the ratio of run/pass.  We know BB would prefer to run the ball more, especially early in the game.  Brady won't have it though. Let's hope Brady doesn't chase another good running back out of town like he did with BJGE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckeles' comment:

Brady's addiction to Welker is a problem.  More of a problem is his insatiable need to alter the ratio of run/pass.  We know BB would prefer to run the ball more, especially early in the game.  Brady won't have it though. Let's hope Brady doesn't chase another good running back out of town like he did with BJGE.

Dam crusty, how many accounts have you created since Sunday? 

You really are a sick little pooch. (female)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

• Brady's addiction to Welker is a problem.  More of a problem is his insatiable need to alter the ratio of run/pass.  We know BB would prefer to run the ball more, especially early in the game.  Brady won't have it though. Let's hope Brady doesn't chase another good running back out of town like he did with BJGE.

I'm not so sure.  Belichick doesn't care how they win.  He has stated he would throw it 60 times...  Blah blah doesn't matter.  Just the W.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

LOL!

THe postgame locker froom footage is disturbing. They hugged for like 10 seconds. That, in a nutshell, summarizes why we lost SB 42 and 46 and why we almost lost last Sunday.

Thank god the D bailed em out again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

With the success of this addiction I hope TFB never quits Wes Welker!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Dam crusty, how many accounts have you created since Sunday? 

You really are a sick little pooch. (female)

That's an impostor, dummy.  Bunker Spreckels is spelled like that. THis troll tool spelled Spreckels (Spreckeles) wrong and has you fooled, as usual.  The fact you can't see this is hilarious to all of us. It's like you, Babe and maybe 2 others who are that dumb even after having this troll approach by others spelled out for you.  It's hilarious how this doesn't embarrass the pants off you as an adult. If you're too dumb to not see that, just why would anyone ever agree with your analysis on anything?

That name was banned as is my most recent Neal Page, because I was pointing out the problems DURING the Miami game, where Babe and your boyfriends still can't admit it's the offense and Brady when they go finesse and one dimensional, not the D.  Clearly, some tool mod swooped in, wanted to protect them as trolls, and Brady, and Neal Page is no more.

Truth hurts.  Only people who believe in fairies and garden gnomes like yourself, think we can win a SB like that. LMAO

Maybe talk to a local Pop Warner coach about the basics of the game to help you? lol

Who cares how it's spelled?  Every one knows you have multiple accounts and are laughing there a@@ off at you.  What a fraud.

Bout time you deleted your Neil account.  You were getting roasted more than chestnuts on an open fire.

Too bad this one isn't any better.  You obviously know nothing about progressions, play calling and the amount of time the QB has to get rid of the ball and wait for receivers to get open..  You obviously don't even know that the QB has to get rid of the ball quickly to beat the blitz, which is why TB is so successful at it.   Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I agree with Hannah and DJ's posts. brady hitting WW on quick routes is the reason he is the QB with the best rating in football when defense's send 5 or more pass rushers. WW is a blitz killer because he always gets open faster then any player in the league.

But at the same time I too miss an offense that wasn't as talented but killed you in many different ways. I think coach and McD are trying to get back to this, but the Fins game scared me a little....till that last game winning 7 minute dagger of a drive.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts