Brady addicted to Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Brady addicted to Welker

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I agree with Hannah and DJ's posts. brady hitting WW on quick routes is the reason he is the QB with the best rating in football when defense's send 5 or more pass rushers. WW is a blitz killer because he always gets open faster then any player in the league.

But at the same time I too miss an offense that wasn't as talented but killed you in many different ways. I think coach and McD are trying to get back to this, but the Fins game scared me a little....till that last game winning 7 minute dagger of a drive.

In what way is this #1 O and either the 1st or second greatest O in NFL history, not killing teams?  There only problem now is injuries and having to adjust to them.

Don't think the Fins game would have been so scary with a healthy O-line and Gronk and even Edelman out.  The numerous dropped balls and Ghost didn't help but they still prevailed, which is all you can ask for, considering.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to Bunker Spreckeles' comment:

Brady's addiction to Welker is a problem.  More of a problem is his insatiable need to alter the ratio of run/pass.  We know BB would prefer to run the ball more, especially early in the game.  Brady won't have it though. Let's hope Brady doesn't chase another good running back out of town like he did with BJGE.

Dam crusty, how many accounts have you created since Sunday? 

You really are a sick little pooch. (female)

That's an impostor, dummy.  Bunker Spreckels is spelled like that. THis troll tool spelled Spreckels (Spreckeles) wrong and has you fooled, as usual.  The fact you can't see this is hilarious to all of us. It's like you, Babe and maybe 2 others who are that dumb even after having this troll approach by others spelled out for you.  It's hilarious how this doesn't embarrass the pants off you as an adult. If you're too dumb to not see that, just why would anyone ever agree with your analysis on anything?

That name was banned as is my most recent Neal Page, because I was pointing out the problems DURING the Miami game, where Babe and your boyfriends still can't admit it's the offense and Brady when they go finesse and one dimensional, not the D.  Clearly, some tool mod swooped in, wanted to protect them as trolls, and Brady, and Neal Page is no more.

Truth hurts.  Only people who believe in fairies and garden gnomes like yourself, think we can win a SB like that. LMAO

Maybe talk to a local Pop Warner coach about the basics of the game to help you? lol

Who cares how it's spelled?  Every one knows you have multiple accounts and are laughing there a@@ off at you.  What a fraud.

Bout time you deleted your Neil account.  You were getting roasted more than chestnuts on an open fire.

Too bad this one isn't any better.  You obviously know nothing about progressions, play calling and the amount of time the QB has to get rid of the ball and wait for receivers to get open..  You obviously don't even know that the QB has to get rid of the ball quickly to beat the blitz, which is why TB is so successful at it.   Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

"Everyone" knows? I have ONE account.  Did you just say "who cares who it is spelled" while not realizing Phat Rex has taken almost every one of my banned names in the past, changed one letter in it to register and then pose as me, all while we know his game here?

Are you seriously this dumb? I was banned on Sunday IN THE GAME THREAD ITSELF (that's twic this year), so I had to yet again re-register.

I use one name and always have. The fact that a very small few (you, Babe, Hurl, etc) cave into known Jets trolls like Phat Rex, pretty much enabling him AND BEING INCREDIBLY DUMB AT THE SAME TIME, is hilarious to the rest of us.

It's almost like you enjoy showcasing being dumb.  lol

Phat Rex also enjoys showcasing being dumb. Did I not tell you that after NE drops 50 on NYJs on Thanksgiving he would not return, but only as a a posing fan, for him to entertain himself?

Yep. I was spot on again.

I was getting my "chestnuts roasted" as Neal Page? How is that? The whole reason I was banned in that game the game thread is because my premise was proven again to be true and you just can't stand it.  lol

It's beyond funny to everyone here that your anger as Brady poorly leads the offense last week, somehow is my problem, because I point out a poorly led game by Brady in Miami. I got banned for it and you're STILL angry because the truth is a fact.  Brady's offensive choices last week almost LOST THAT GAME.

Good thing the D bails him out like they continue to do.   This is what makes your panties get stained sitting in front of that Brady doll.  Don't make your lovemaking to that Brady doll our business, however.

Good day, sick, sick man.  There's plenty of room at Magnolia Manor alongside Babie Boy, too.

PS Have you told us why you won't take my bet for the Houston game? Brady had 40 pass attempts last week. LMAO

Give up yet? 

No, you deleted your account.  How do you explain some of your threads still being active if you didn't?   If they deleted you, they would all be gone.  You were roasted and the people roasting you are increasing.  You need multiple accounts (more and more) to have some one agree with you.

Go away for good, crusty.  You don't have the respect you think you have, in fact it's less and less every time you open your mouth..  You used to be a decent poster but now, you are all about hate.  Hate for TB and hate for anyone that disagrees with you. 

That is not a sign of a healty person.  Get help soon.

P.S. Aderall is a PED!  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Well they got lucky and have one of the highest scoring offenses in NFL history again.  Amazing accomplishment, despite not having the brilliant insights of boston.com members sitting at home in their underwear tapping out football strategy gold. 

Personally, I wish you guys would stop pointing out all the ways to run an offense better than the Patriots because some Buffalo Bills coach or Jets coach might see it and then the Patriots run of dominance is over.

Well said!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I agree with Hannah and DJ's posts. brady hitting WW on quick routes is the reason he is the QB with the best rating in football when defense's send 5 or more pass rushers. WW is a blitz killer because he always gets open faster then any player in the league.

But at the same time I too miss an offense that wasn't as talented but killed you in many different ways. I think coach and McD are trying to get back to this, but the Fins game scared me a little....till that last game winning 7 minute dagger of a drive.

In what way is this #1 O and either the 1st or second greatest O in NFL history, not killing teams?  There only problem now is injuries and having to adjust to them.

Don't think the Fins game would have been so scary with a healthy O-line and Gronk and even Edelman out.  The numerous dropped balls and Ghost didn't help but they still prevailed, which is all you can ask for, considering.

It is a fairly simple premise Pezz. Our offense does kill teams now, until they get to the post season where they struggle to move the ball and too often turn the ball over. Back when Brady was forced to go to the open guy and rely on a heavy dose of the run we were more difficult to defend against. In 2003 and 2004 you didn't hear BB saying things like, keep a safety over Patton and bracket Branch and we are sunk.

You can take offense to this if you like but it has been my thought and others for quite some time that our offense is great in the regular season but doesn't play particularly well in the post season since the down field passing attack became our bread and butter in 2007. It is predictable.

It looks like BB recognized that and our offensive philosophy has shifted back to a multi dimensional threat. I just hope we stick with it in the post season when adversity hits, because Bill Obrien certainly didn't stay committed very long.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

It is a fairly simple premise Pezz. Our offense does kill teams now, until they get to the post season where they struggle to move the ball and too often turn the ball over. Back when Brady was forced to go to the open guy and rely on a heavy dose of the run we were more difficult to defend against. In 2003 and 2004 you didn't hear BB saying things like, keep a safety over Patton and bracket Branch and we are sunk.

You can take offense to this if you like but it has been my thought and others for quite some time that our offense is great in the regular season but doesn't play particularly well in the post season since the down field passing attack became our bread and butter in 2007. It is predictable.

It looks like BB recognized that and our offensive philosophy has shifted back to a multi dimensional threat. I just hope we stick with it in the post season when adversity hits, because Bill Obrien certainly didn't stay committed very long.

Go buy the 3 Games to Glory DVDs.  Other than Carolina in 2003 and Pittsburgh in 2004, our offense pretty much stunk.  By the standards of this board anyway.  Oh wait, the offense even stunk against Pittsburgh because most of the scores were set up by turnovers caused by the defense.  LMAO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I think you're a little confused about their offense in the playoffs those years, TC.

Points/Total Yards/Giveaways/Takeaways

2001:

Raiders

16 pts, 265 yds, 1/0

Steelers

24 pts (14 by d/st), 260 yds, 0/4

Rams

20 pts (7 by d), 267 yds, 0/3

2003:

Titans

17 pts, 297 yds, 1/1

Colts

24 pts, 350 yds, 2/5

Panthers

32 pts, 480 yds, 1/1

2004:

Colts

20 pts, 325 yds, 0/3

Steelers

41 pts (7 by d), 322 yds, 0/4

Eagles

24 pts, 330 yds, 1/4

To recap, the amount of turnovers they forced was simply amazing. In 6 of these 9 games they forced 3 or more turnovers...against the best the NFL had to offer. In turn, that allowed the offense to play more conservatively, a luxury they haven't had the past few years.

You can talk about how their offense hasn't been good enough but their defense has forced 4 turnovers in the past 5 playoff games (since 2009) and 2 of those came in garbage time in the blowout loss to Baltimore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

^^^^ Finally a post with some good analysis.  We shouldn't have to discuss basic things like the offense's performance 2001-2004 over and over again on here.  Ah well. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Well, it's been pointed out to you many, many times that no Offense scores 30 points in every game, especially when they are restricted to 7 complete possessions and the 8th being limited to 35 and 57 seconds.  The NFL average points per game is 22 and I would jump out on a limb here and say it would be much lower if all teams were restricted to 7 possessions and a few seconds.   Most games are 12 possessions and a 7-8 is an extreme rarity.

It has also been pointed out numerous times that it was an 8 possession game because the D could not get off the field.  For every failed 3rd down conversion (and there were plenty , At least 3 per drive) that is time taken away from the O.

When the O's time is limited, they are not going to spend extra time running the ball, they are going to quick strike.  Poor field position on every possession also contributed to this, as they needed to move the ball in chunks.  The O did not want to limit possessions further, they wanted more of them as more possessions favor the higher scoring O.

You can not fault an offense for having a couple of 3 & outs in a game or even a turn over as they happen to most teams, every week.

You can, however, fault a Defense that fails to get even one 3 & out or turn-over because that almost NEVER happens, especially in a SB.  Can you name one other SB defense that failed to get a 3 & out?

As Z pointed out, the O's effeciency was light years beyond the D's effeciency, in spite of being one demensional due to the circumstances of the game.,

Yes, being able to run more this year has helped but that wouldn't be happening with Benny as the lead.  Sorry, but it's true.  If any thing, it's keeping the D off the field longer this year, which is a great thing for a D that still can't stop a 3rd down conversion. 43% is as bad as last year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Is rock scully a closet alient lover?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Is rock scully a closet alient lover?

It depends what an "alient" is.  If it's someone who is ashamed to admit he likes an occasional Journey song, then yes.

I'm an "alient".

Are you a closet toolchest? Hey, isn't it funny how Gomer gets the flags whenever he realy needs them? I don't think any QB in NFL history has received more 3rd down or 1st and goal based PI calls than your former Gomer boyfriend.

It's awkward to watch, actually.

Agree...  this game is another example.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

I think you're a little confused about their offense in the playoffs those years, TC.

Points/Total Yards/Giveaways/Takeaways

2001:

Raiders

16 pts, 265 yds, 1/0

Steelers

24 pts (14 by d/st), 260 yds, 0/4

Rams

20 pts (7 by d), 267 yds, 0/3

2003:

Titans

17 pts, 297 yds, 1/1

Colts

24 pts, 350 yds, 2/5

Panthers

32 pts, 480 yds, 1/1

2004:

Colts

20 pts, 325 yds, 0/3

Steelers

41 pts (7 by d), 322 yds, 0/4

Eagles

24 pts, 330 yds, 1/4

To recap, the amount of turnovers they forced was simply amazing. In 6 of these 9 games they forced 3 or more turnovers...against the best the NFL had to offer. In turn, that allowed the offense to play more conservatively, a luxury they haven't had the past few years.

You can talk about how their offense hasn't been good enough but their defense has forced 4 turnovers in the past 5 playoff games (since 2009) and 2 of those came in garbage time in the blowout loss to Baltimore.

I am not confused at all. Defense's were allowed to play football in that era...probably the reason that BB's defense's were dominant then but now he doesn't even send extra rushers any longer as CB's are not allowed to play tough with uber talented receivers.

Our offense played better on the biggest stages when the competition got the toughest in that era by being multi dimensional. Lesser talent on offense with better results. The numbers you posted above support that. 15.5 ppg scored in our last 2 SB's.....oh that's right that is all the defense's fault.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

When the Greatest QB in Patriots history is addicted to the Greatest WR in Patriots history then you don't mind this addiction!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

When the Greatest QB in Patriots history is addicted to the Greatest WR in Patriots history then you don't mind this addiction!

Well said TFB....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Didn't Welker just sit out one play, the safety? He does look for Welker a lot but he gets open. There have been times that he's had a man wide open further down the field and he went to Welker. IMO it's much better to spread it out, relying too much on one guy will burn any team. If he gets hurt like 2009 or gets shut down like 2010 it's big trouble. When Gronk is out there he gets some of the looks that may have gone Welkers way. We need Gronk back!

How is giants fan so sure the Patriots won't sign Welker? He seems to know a lot about the inner dealings of the Patriots and spends a lot of time here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well said TFB....

Thank You!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'll mind it in the postseason and in the SB just like I minded it last year.

LOSER!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'll mind it in the postseason and in the SB just like I minded it last year.

LOSER!

You need to just stick to your photoshopping.  Did you really cheer in last year's SB when Brady threw that INT? If so, why?

You will mind Brady's addiction to Welker?  Last I checked it works just fine. 

Sections
Shortcuts