Brady & New Receivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Brady & New Receivers

Brady, was not overly impressed with Galloway last night.  They are clearly not on the same page....    Lewis was also practically non-existant.  It looks like we may miss Gafney more than I was expecting as a reliable 3rd receiver.

Brady, did seem to have some chemistry with Edleman in the 1st game.... one of the new/ rookie WR's has to emerge..... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Re: Brady & New Receivers

I agree.

Edelman and Nunn did not play against Redskins. Does that mean anything?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

In Response to Re: Brady & New Receivers:
     I agree. Edelman and Nunn did not play against Redskins. Does that mean anything?
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Nunn did play, but it was at the end of the game when BJGE was running the ball, and Edelman got hurt last week so the held him out. I wouldnt read to much into either, Nunn could make the roster, but it will be hard, unless somebody gets hurt, or BB doesnt want to risk losing him, although i would like to see how he does againts some no. 1 cb with maybe brady throwing to him, just like how i would like BJGE to run with the first team, that way we can see how they actually do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Re: Brady & New Receivers : Nunn did play, but it was at the end of the game when BJGE was running the ball, and Edelman got hurt last week so the held him out. I wouldnt read to much into either, Nunn could make the roster, but it will be hard, unless somebody gets hurt, or BB doesnt want to risk losing him, although i would like to see how he does againts some no. 1 cb with maybe brady throwing to him, just like how i would like BJGE to run with the first team, that way we can see how they actually do.
    Posted by thejoshuatree28
      Great post, I couldn't agree more. Give them a shot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Brady & New Receivers:
    Brady, was not overly impressed with Galloway last night.  They are clearly not on the same page....    Lewis was also practically non-existant.  It looks like we may miss Gafney more than I was expecting as a reliable 3rd receiver. Brady, did seem to have some chemistry with Edleman in the 1st game.... one of the new/ rookie WR's has to emerge..... 
    Posted by SmokingJoe

Good post, Galloway has always had the reputation of drops and lack of concentration. Did you see his arguing with TB after he ran the incorrect pattern and TB got on his case? I agree with your accessment of Lewis too, but he's better than galloway. Nunn and Edleman needs a chance to make the team given to their hard work and merits to date. What say you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In Response to Brady & New Receivers : Good post, Galloway has always had the reputation of drops and lack of concentration. Did you see his arguing with TB after he ran the incorrect pattern and TB got on his case? I agree with your accessment of Lewis too, but he's better than galloway. Nunn and Edleman needs a chance to make the team given to their hard work and merits to date. What say you?
    Posted by sonieboy

As far as Rookies go, I think Edleman is the front runner.  Nunn has looked good in his opportunties.  My gut tells me Lewis will be the 3rd receiver.  I am not convinced that Galloway doesnt get cut??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm positive that Galloway makes the team as the third WR, Bill loves him and if he can get in sync with Brady we would have an even more explosive offense than we did in '07. The chemistry has been improving between him and Brady since game one. In game 1, Galloway drop the two passes thrown his way. Game 2, he caught two passes for 19 yards. Game 3, 4 catches for 30 yards. He has being misleadingly good catching 6 passes for 49 yards. He's averaging 8.2 yards a game. Imagine him with Welker and Moss getting double coverage. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I would love to see Edleman and Nunn get some reps with Brady. They might be Brady's future Moss and Welker. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I think we have a better chance of that being Tate, he has really HUGE potential.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayosmyboy51. Show mayosmyboy51's posts

If you remember back to our record-setting offense in 07, Stallworth and Gaffney were the 3rd and 4th receivers respectively.  However, 210 of Brady's 398 completions and 31 of his 50 touchdowns went to either Moss or Welker.  All I'm trying to say is that Galloway and Lewis don't have to be top tier receivers this year, they just need to catch some passes every now and then and get open when 81 and 83 are double covered.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Were not the coach, he is, thats Y he gets paid $3 mil. a year and we get paid 0. He's going 2 play Gal and Lewis and thats that, thats just the way it goes with BB, no matter how much we like the ruc's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Eldeman will B lucky if he gets 1 punt att. a game, if he is actavated 4 the game. Nunn will on the Pr. squad, if nobody grabs him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Welker and Moss will be the top guys. What I said intially upon Lewis and Galloway's arrivals is true. They only have to catch 30-40 balls apiece to be effective. The top two receivers will remain the top two WRs. Edelman, Nunn and Tate are the future, however, just how soon they realise their potential remains to be seen. I'd put Edelman at the forefront based on what I have seen so far; it will be interesting to see what Tate is capable of next year; he being a much higher rated prospect than Edelman or Nunn.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I think the learning curve for a new receiver is rather shallow for awhile...as he learns the routes, timing, and develops chemistry with Brady and, quite suddenly, then the curve turns up rather sharply. With still two weeks before the real games start, a lot of learning and familiarity can be established. I think both Galloway and Lewis continue to improve thru the first half of the season and become solid contributors and, with Baker, become an integral part of a very potent offence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

The other thing to consider with Galloway this is the first time in a while that he will have to run really crisp routes and do a lot of different things he didnt have to do that as much in Tampa Bays offense

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Were not the coach, he is, thats Y he gets paid $3 mil. a year and we get paid 0. He's going 2 play Gal and Lewis and thats that, thats just the way it goes with BB, no matter how much we like the ruc's.
    Posted by ZigZig

$3 million, where did that come from?  BB keeps his salary and contract terms (like everything else) locked up tighter then the US Nuclear Launch Codes.

Plus I'd be shocked if he's making less then $10 million a year.

Sections
Shortcuts