Brady & The O not Saving this team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Brady & The O not Saving this team

they need fan support instead of contradictionCry

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

So everyone is judging the defense after 2 meaningless games? 

I have a feeling that Belichick came out and threw a more realistic scheme at the Saints and Falcons, in order to get a feel of how his team would stack up verse better teams.

Verse the Rams and the Giants, I think he was merely messing around, and trying to try some different things to see how they'd work.

After all, we basically saw cover-2 zone for the majority of the 3rd and 4th games. whereas there was a more diverse scheme in the first and second games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Vertigho, that and the fact that we saw them in practice before. Without a doubt, that helped the younger players before playing under the bright lights.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It's just the non spelling, logic challenged knee jerk component checking in.  You shouldn't be able to start threads here until you hit 1000 posts.  That would keep me out too, but it would be worth it.  Most of the losers wouldn't stick around that long.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodnGutz. Show BloodnGutz's posts

In Response to Brady & The O not Saving this team:
    [QUOTE]Nobody to run consistanty... so no PA  Offense will become predictable.. imo You need both sides of the ball.....  Team game.... can't seperate the O from the D 9 wins tops
    Posted by DBCoach[/QUOTE]
    Ok Sir, put down your key board and walk away from the computer. Have you tried filling out applications for game shows?Yell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Nobody to run consistanty... so no PA  Offense will become predictable.. imo You need both sides of the ball.....  Team game.... can't seperate the O from the D 9 wins tops

Ultimately, it may blow up in our faces - but at this time the Patriot's Offense has no choice but to carry the team. The advantage of our offense vs. 2007 is that we have some TEs that (hopefully) will improve our red zone offensive woes from last year. In addition, the run game may improve with Crumpler - we'll see. If our run game improves because of our TE corp - then we have a better chance of a more balanced offense. If we have a better balance offense - we can control the clock better. W/ the addition of the Zoltan - mebbe we can pin opponents deep in their side of the field once in a while.

I'm hopeful....lol.Laughing

But yeah, if we got no D....we may lose some closer games when time is running down....like last year. Ughhhh....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

They need the O to set up the D and the D to set up the O. Then they need the ST to carry them through. 

And without both sides of the ball, not much will happen I am afraid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Read Quick-Hit thought #1:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2k10_camp

We're not the only ones noticing how bad the defense was.  Hopefully it's just preseason and the Pats will step up.  They looked good against the Falcons...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

as ive said several times on here...the pats were a much, much scarier team when they ran the ball with power and use playaction to bring up the other team's safeties

now, defenses just wait for pass, pass, pass, pass, and some more pass...

and my comparison is this...the phins won the way the pats did back in the 70's...how many titles did the phins win when they were nothing but passing?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The offense is going to be just fine.  But they will need to out-score opponents in weeks 1 - 5.  Good Defense is gonna take some time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Brady & The O not Saving this team:
    [QUOTE]The offense is going to be just fine.  But they will need to out-score opponents in weeks 1 - 5.  Good Defense is gonna take some time.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Belichick teams peak late in the year, going into the playoffs. It's even more true these days with such a young defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BloodnGutz. Show BloodnGutz's posts

WOW, this is the first Thread I have read in weeks tha tyou guys are honest and see the truth. I Love it. Finally people that see it like it is and say it. Everywhere else you say there seems to be a problem with the defense the people call you a troll and cry like babies.....

Sorry but I see this as a Bill B problem, when 1 guy tries to make all the decesions then your going to have big problems.  He did this in Cleveland and it seems thats wher ehis mind set is headed once again. No good healthy running backs, no terrors on defense, no good secondary people, sorry folks, on any other team this spells doom.  I love the Patriots but this is going to be a nail biting year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]WOW, this is the first Thread I have read in weeks tha tyou guys are honest and see the truth. I Love it. Finally people that see it like it is and say it. Everywhere else you say there seems to be a problem with the defense the people call you a troll and cry like babies..... Sorry but I see this as a Bill B problem, when 1 guy tries to make all the decesions then your going to have big problems.  He did this in Cleveland and it seems thats wher ehis mind set is headed once again. No good healthy running backs, no terrors on defense, no good secondary people, sorry folks, on any other team this spells doom.  I love the Patriots but this is going to be a nail biting year
    Posted by BloodnGutz[/QUOTE]

Damn straight.  A guy with five Super Bowl rings (including two as defensive coordinator for the Giants) shouldn't be making any decesions, or decisions for that matter. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I love the Patriots" no you don't, you love the idea of the Patriots but the reality of the team frustrates and angers you too much to feel much affection.

"but this is going to be a nail biting year" - as were many of the Patriots years, even the Super Bowl seasons.

The extent of your analysis seems to be: we can't win without a running back (not true given our history and where the league is headed - quarterbacks league) and Bill can't win without someone else holding a clipboard next to him. That's flimsy stuff. 

Look, the defense is young and flawed. Nobody denies this. It doesn't take much of a man to say "no more than 9 wins." Wow go out on a limb there. Yes, it's gonna be a tough year. Pick another hobby if you can't handle it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]" I love the Patriots" no you don't, you love the idea of the Patriots but the reality of the team frustrates and angers you too much to feel much affection.  "but this is going to be a nail biting year" - as were many of the Patriots years, even the Super Bowl seasons. The extent of your analysis seems to be: we can't win without a running back (not true given our history and where the league is headed - quarterbacks league) and Bill can't win without someone else holding a clipboard next to him. That's flimsy stuff.  Look, the defense is young and flawed. Nobody denies this. It doesn't take much of a man to say "no more than 9 wins." Wow go out on a limb there. Yes, it's gonna be a tough year. Pick another hobby if you can't handle it.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I say 8 wins at best, no playoffs, and most games will be over by half time. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

No one CARES what you say, Leon.  NO ONE.