Brady and BB No Longer Get A Pass....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Brady and BB No Longer Get A Pass....

Last year, Brady got a pass because of his knee injury; which is quite understandable since the injury affected his throwing mechanics.

This year, we can't use that as an excuse anymore. Brady needs to go back to the basics and hit the open receiver, use pump fakes, and look off defenders.

Same is true for BB. He has won 3 SBs for this organization - and he is/was an amazing coach. He's had an amazing run and many wouldn't want any other coach, but it's time time to hold him accountable too. He's no longer exempt from criticism just because he won 3 SBs.

Still gonna watch this team and enjoy the games. This is beginning to remind me of Patriots football in the 70's - lots of yelling and throwing stuff at the tv Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Re: Brady and BB No Longer Get A Pass....

What bothers me is that, often, it doesnt look like the Pats are having fun. Id rather watch a team that was having some fun out there, and playing with fire, yet not always winning.

BB needs better assistants coordinators. The head coach sets the tone for the club. He is the organizer, the attitude, the vision. But the head coach should not be making all the calls. BB will *NOT* win another superbowl without 1-2 solid assistants /coordinators. Look at how much more potent the offense was with Cassell at driving at the end of the game that it was with Brady. Even a mediocre and inexerienced offensive coordinator like McDaniels made the difference. Now BB is all alone, essentially. We see Brady and company can light up any team in the first half, but the offensive coordinator cannot react fast enough to switch it up in the second half. There cannot be one game plan, there needs to be multiple plans, constantly changing, to keep the other team guessing.  The pats offensive plan rocks in the first half, an once the other team figures it out, the Pats cant move the ball anymore.

Next week the Pats beat the Bills, then the following week the Pats will have a solid first half, then struggle in the second half. It happens over and over again...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I do agree with the premise that Brady and Belichick need to be held accountable. Brady has not been clutch in a year and a half, and he doesn't look confident in the second half. If you watch his eyes and body language, it seems like he's a little unsure. I don't know why these problems happen in the second half. Performance anxiety? 

That being said, it's only been two games. Last week the Pats were going 14-2, this week 7-9. I would calm down a little and see where the team is a few weeks from now before even starting to come to conclusions. It's too early. Saying they need 20 new players and 4 new coaches is a bit of a stretch.

Also, it's tough to blame the coaches when Brady was just off. He underthrew Gronk badly, he missed Moss on one of the INT's, and he didn't spread the ball around. Is it O'Brien's fault that Brady honed in on Moss? No.

The Miami game will be huge...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zazen1. Show zazen1's posts

I agree.  He has been playing like a mediocre QB.  Sometimes brilliant and sometimes downright stupid and incompetent.  For the first time in his career I had the feeling that I was watching Drew Bledsoe on Sunday.  Also, BB built his rep on the contribution of others.  First, the talent he won the super bowls with was collected by Parcells.  Then, he had 2 excellent coordinators in Romeo and Charlie and then again in Josh.  It seems like he is unwilling to bring in top talent for the coordinator role because he's afraid to have his control challenged by another leader so he keeps promoting no names.  It worked with Josh but since Romeo left the defense has been a huge disappointment (where's the BB genius been?) and since Josh has left the offense has been so predictable that it looks mundane.  This whole crew should be embarrassed to face their fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeorgieMcBushwick. Show GeorgieMcBushwick's posts

In Response to Brady and BB No Longer Get A Pass....:
    [QUOTE]Last year, Brady got a pass because of his knee injury; which is quite understandable since the injury affected his throwing mechanics. This year, we can't use that as an excuse anymore. Brady needs to go back to the basics and hit the open receiver, use pump fakes, and look off defenders. Same is true for BB. He has won 3 SBs for this organization - and he is/was an amazing coach. He's had an amazing run and many wouldn't want any other coach, but it's time time to hold him accountable too. He's no longer exempt from criticism just because he won 3 SBs. Still gonna watch this team and enjoy the games. This is beginning to remind me of Patriots football in the 70's - lots of yelling and throwing stuff at the tv
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

FYI, it's been how many years since the Pats won a super bowl. You're living a fantasy believing the team is just now going down hill into mediocrity. The Giants smacked them around in the biggest game in their history and delivered  them into obscurity.  By the time they get a good defense, Brady will be retired and it'll be 20 years before you see another SB appearance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rangerous. Show rangerous's posts

face it patsie fans, your qb is looking a bit old.  he no longer has the range and the accuracy to throw the deep ball.  sure your will all point to the one handed grab by moss on sunday but remember that was moss.  if that call was thrown to just about anyone else it would have been incomplete.  and also remember the jets were in the wrong defense and revis pulled up lame.  no excuses for the jets just the facts.

and now you know your qb will be getting worse and worse each day of the season as the wear and tear break him down more.  the only comforting thing is that kraft got stuck with a 48M guaranteed contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Brady and BB No Longer Get A Pass....:
    [QUOTE]face it patsie fans, your qb is looking a bit old.  he no longer has the range and the accuracy to throw the deep ball.  sure your will all point to the one handed grab by moss on sunday but remember that was moss.  if that call was thrown to just about anyone else it would have been incomplete.  and also remember the jets were in the wrong defense and revis pulled up lame.  no excuses for the jets just the facts. and now you know your qb will be getting worse and worse each day of the season as the wear and tear break him down more.  the only comforting thing is that kraft got stuck with a 48M guaranteed contract.
    Posted by rangerous[/QUOTE]

And I'll have to live my life every day knowing that there's an idiot out there somewhere. And my only comfort - myself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They are all just rubbing it in....  move on!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

face it patsie fans, your qb is looking a bit old.  he no longer has the range and the accuracy to throw the deep ball.  sure your will all point to the one handed grab by moss on sunday but remember that was moss.  if that call was thrown to just about anyone else it would have been incomplete.  and also remember the jets were in the wrong defense and revis pulled up lame.  no excuses for the jets just the facts.

and now you know your qb will be getting worse and worse each day of the season as the wear and tear break him down more.  the only comforting thing is that kraft got stuck with a 48M guaranteed contract.

The idea that someone is actually this stupid is frightening....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]face it patsie fans, your qb is looking a bit old.  he no longer has the range and the accuracy to throw the deep ball.  sure your will all point to the one handed grab by moss on sunday but remember that was moss.  if that call was thrown to just about anyone else it would have been incomplete.  and also remember the jets were in the wrong defense and revis pulled up lame.  no excuses for the jets just the facts. and now you know your qb will be getting worse and worse each day of the season as the wear and tear break him down more.  the only comforting thing is that kraft got stuck with a 48M guaranteed contract.

And your QB has won how many SBs?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

co sign 123meg...

rangerous, thanks for blessing us all with your brilliant football analysis, you're a regular ron jaworski i tell ya...just curious, but what the hell is "range" "? he is a quarterback not a shortstop, and uuhhh, yeah he can still throw the deep ball as good as anyone ya tard, thats not the problem. and FYI, almost anytime someone scores a touchdown you could argue the other team was in the "wrong defense".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Brady and BB No Longer Get A Pass....:
    [QUOTE]Last year, Brady got a pass because of his knee injury; which is quite understandable since the injury affected his throwing mechanics. This year, we can't use that as an excuse anymore. Brady needs to go back to the basics and hit the open receiver, use pump fakes, and look off defenders. Same is true for BB. He has won 3 SBs for this organization - and he is/was an amazing coach. He's had an amazing run and many wouldn't want any other coach, but it's time time to hold him accountable too. He's no longer exempt from criticism just because he won 3 SBs. Still gonna watch this team and enjoy the games. This is beginning to remind me of Patriots football in the 70's - lots of yelling and throwing stuff at the tv
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    They never did get a pass from criticism.  Have you read this board before, or an article.  Unless you mean some sort of pass that was in your head but I have read your stuff before and you have criticized them plenty.  So you took away something that they never had, are you going to break the news to them that they can no longer be astronauts next.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Oh, the problem is Brady's ego now?  Wow, get a clue.  These trolls are silly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from codfishcat. Show codfishcat's posts

Let's be honest - Brady's attitude or skill began to change right before he had his injury (preseason games...).  I noticed that he was more interested in his personal life, as his main focus, rather than football having his complete attention.  I woud say to myself that he doesn't have the game as his number one concern.  Shortly thereafter came the injury; Brady himself always stated that he did not want to get serious with women and having children until he was abouth to retire from football. 

Now the opposite has happened.  He is now focussed on his wife, children, modeling, and, then, football - but the majic is just not there.  Not only that, Brady is looking anorexic (sp?).  What is he eating these days.  Or, maybe, he wants a career in modeling...

I wonder if Belichick is seriously involved with a woman.  Unfortunately, if so, it could be a major part of his problem.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Let's be honest - Brady's attitude or skill began to change right before he had his injury (preseason games...).  I noticed that he was more interested in his personal life, as his main focus, rather than football having his complete attention.  I woud say to myself that he doesn't have the game as his number one concern.  Shortly thereafter came the injury; Brady himself always stated that he did not want to get serious with women and having children until he was abouth to retire from football.  Now the opposite has happened.  He is now focussed on his wife, children, modeling, and, then, football - but the majic is just not there.  Not only that, Brady is looking anorexic (sp?).  What is he eating these days.  Or, maybe, he wants a career in modeling... I wonder if Belichick is seriously involved with a woman.  Unfortunately, if so, it could be a major part of his problem.
    Posted by codfishcat[/QUOTE]

What?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Completely absurd.  These idiots need a hobby. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

That's right Brady and BB, there are so many better coaches and QBs out there, if you don't win every single week, you're gone!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What bothers me is that, often, it doesnt look like the Pats are having fun. Id rather watch a team that was having some fun out there, and playing with fire, yet not always winning. "

Maybe the only comment in this pathetic thread of half-baked pseudo-football ideas that I agreed with. 

I love the idea that Brady and BB are now being held accountable - by the incredible power of the naysayers on this message board. I'm sure they are feeling the heat. Yeah, losing games to hated rivals doesn't motivate them enough, but these message board scrawlings will do the trick!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

RANGEROUS I dont care if your a Jets fan or any fan, but here on this subject YOU ARE RIGHT. See, the Patriot Blind faithful sit and say, Oh Tom Brady got us 3 Super Bowl wins, give him anything he wants.

That is the direct problem, it was his past. Brady always had a problem with the long ball accuracy and no one here seems to remember this. He had special traing about 4 years ago to strengthen his arm and correct it. Over the middle and short yard passing was his game. 
    I said he should have been packaged and traded to get massive on defense 2 years ago before they traded Cassel. With Cassel at QB and a killer defense this team woudl have won at least 2 more Super Bowls. Cassel had the arm strength, the accuracey and could RUN! He had the system down and was ready. Keeping Brady and paying him will show to be a mistake, it already is showing. His head is no longer in the game, his values have changed and the so called fire is gone. he can throw tantrums if he likes but its over. Problem is the Patriot BLIND faithful will use every excuse in the book to say he is not.
    Wwll now its too late, Cassel is gone and KC is on the rise, where New England should have stayed and dominated the next 5 years.
    BB has been on coast and never having to answer for this, but that is changing and fans will see hwo true this fact is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]Completely absurd.  These idiots need a hobby. 
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]
    and you need to get glasses to see whats right in front of your face

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Let's get rid of everybody.  Okay?  Sound good?  Coooool....

These guys, Belichick and Brady, took this team from nowhere to greatness and now due to a single loss this year some say they s--k and should be gone, with the usual Boston sports fan vitriol.  What will you replace these HOF people with?

I agree with this, that Brady needs to use all of his weapons, and not go to Welker and Moss for the sake of going to Welker and Moss.  There are other options and lots of other offensive things they could be doing.  I hope they do them but it is for them to do.

All PATS fans want the team to win, some just have a strange way fo showing it.

As for the YETS trolls here, have your fun, we'll see you down the line in Foxboro. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

More idiocy.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think the biggest "problem" is deconstructing a team and starting over while simultaneously tempering the expectations of fans.  I want to see the Pats win, but we all knew the run as perennial superbowl contender couldn't go on forever.  If you thought this run would go on forever, you are ignoring history.  This team has been competitive despite turning over 90% of its roster.  I hope there is more to come, and time will tell.     

If you want to criticize the organization for its drafting prowess or ability to find difference makers, then I'd say there is room for criticism.  If you want to say that Belichick is taking on too much, which results in a lesser product on the field, I'm starting to believe that losing all of those assistants has caught up to him a bit.

Let's face it gentlemen, they had a long run.  They have set themselves up to build through the draft, and in the next 3-4 years we'll see whether genius Bill can re-stock the shelves with the talent needed to get back to the big game.  My money is on the Pats becoming a contender again, it's just gonna take more time than some of us hope. 

The trolls come here and want to say the dynasty is over.  I agree, it is over. But this team has charted its course and the rebuilding plan is underway. But for this team to remain in the hunt while getting younger is quite an accomplishment.  And for every troll that comes here, I guarantee he'd like to have BB running his organization.  So I take the taunts in stride. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]What bothers me is that, often, it doesnt look like the Pats are having fun. Posted by mkulacz[/QUOTE]

This is one of the best observations I've read on this site.  You're absolutely right.  They don't have the spark they used to have.  And you may be right, as well, that the lack of strong personalities (other than BB) anywhere on the coaching staff is the problem.  BB seems to be trying to do a little too much--and maybe to control too much.  This was (I've heard) part of his problem in Cleveland.  Maybe he needs one or two more powerful personalities to join his leadership team.  It seemed like things worked best when both Weis and Crennel were around.  Both of those guys were experienced coaches who were near equals to BB.  Now there's no one close to BB in stature on the coaching team.  And that may be hurting overall quality.  Any good leader knows that his success depends on surrounding himself with people as good (or even better) than he is . . . and giving them the authority to take charge of what they're good at.  I sometimes wonder if BB doesn't fully understand this.  If nothing else the strange history of Dom Capers as a Patriots coach gives me pause.  Why didn't he ever become defensive coordinator in the short time he was here?  He took that position in Green Bay after leaving the Pats and has done a great job with that team.  Fans sometimes criticize BB for letting players like Samuel and Seymour go . . . but maybe letting Capers go is what we really should be concerned with . . .

Sections
Shortcuts