Brady and Edelman on injuries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Brady and Edelman on injuries

"We've got a lot of good players in the locker room, so when people are injured, that's why you have a deep roster, guys that are -- you have confidence in, you've gained trust in, and I certainly have that at the skill positions," quarterback Tom Brady said Tuesday.

"We have a lot of good running backs, we have a lot of good receivers, we're trying to do the best we can this week to go out and win a very challenging game against a very good team."

Receiver Julian Edelman, who had seven catches for 79 yards and two touchdowns on Sunday, was asked Tuesday what he'd say to young players needing to step in for an injured player.

"You always have to be prepared. It's a violent game out there and you're always one play away. It's not like college, where you have a backup for your kicker, two different type of kickers, a holder, 14 receivers," he said. "Everyone that is on the team is ultimately going to have to contribute at some time in the season. You have to always be prepared for your opportunity."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9658561/danny-amendola-new-england-patriots-unlikely-face-new-york-jets?ex_cid=espnapi_public

This is for you guys who think we lack depth, talent, and should use more cap space.  BB, TB, and Edelman think we'll be OK.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Brady and Edelman on injuries

Not that I dont believe them, but would they ever say otherwise?  They are singing the company line. Im gonna wait till midseason to pass judgement. Right now, Im cool.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

It addresses that players have to be ready, whether they're a starter or not - but it really doesn't address if there's talent at a specific position, how much depth/talent there might be at a specific position.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Not that I dont believe them, but would they ever say otherwise?  They are singing the company line. Im gonna wait till midseason to pass judgement. Right now, Im cool.

Oh I hear you, but YES I do believe they believe in their team depth.  100%.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

It addresses that players have to be ready, whether they're a starter or not - but it really doesn't address if there's talent at a specific position, how much depth/talent there might be at a specific position.

TB has 'confidence in' these players, even if we as fans don't...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

For some reason I can't picture Brady saying "These guys stink and can't replace my top end guys" but reports at the game clearly saw Brady was visibly unhappy with the performance of his receivers. So, if his 2 main targets from Sunday are both down do to injury and he was clearly not happy with the other options at that time do you honestly believe he likes the depth right now? Get we all look at this team and see as of right now they have 1 good RB (Ridley) a couple of sub guys, 1 TE, 1 #3 type of WR, and a handful of rooks who couldn't put it together last game. That's not even enough depth to dunk your complete toe in compared to what Brady has previously had. You might as well go up to Will Smith and ask him what he really thought of after earth or M.Knight about any film after sixth sense

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

How do you call ANYONE depth who has never played in the league? We are lucky to Have Brady. I honestly dont think the average 100 million dollar diva QB would be singing the company line with what he was given. Its TFB, so you are never gonna hear a peep and he is gonna work his tail off to get these guys up to speed and make his bosss look good as usual. Look, I like starters at most positions but if anyone thinks there is DEPTH at the WR position?? I dont know how to break it to you. YOU cant be depth if you have never played in the league. What if we had Chad Jackon, B.Tate and P.K. Sam as our WR corps. Is that Deep too?  Im being positive cuz they can get better but until we see them play how can u pencil them in. Look what KT looked like.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

For some reason I can't picture Brady saying "These guys stink and can't replace my top end guys" but reports at the game clearly saw Brady was visibly unhappy with the performance of his receivers. So, if his 2 main targets from Sunday are both down do to injury and he was clearly not happy with the other options at that time do you honestly believe he likes the depth right now? Get we all look at this team and see as of right now they have 1 good RB (Ridley) a couple of sub guys, 1 TE, 1 #3 type of WR, and a handful of rooks who couldn't put it together last game. That's not even enough depth to dunk your complete toe in compared to what Brady has previously had. You might as well go up to Will Smith and ask him what he really thought of after earth or M.Knight about any film after sixth sense

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Well or course but playing your first professional NFL game and getting 4 catches for 50 yeards is not a bad first day.  If KT back tracks a bit on a route then he also gets his first TD.  Boyce was quite and didn't really see the field.  Dobson didn't play.  Sudfeld beat out two vets for a roster spot.  This is a work in progress, and I believe this team is more skilled and talented at the WR position.  It's just going to take more time than one week to see it come together.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Well or course but playing your first professional NFL game and getting 4 catches for 50 yeards is not a bad first day.  If KT back tracks a bit on a route then he also gets his first TD.  Boyce was quite and didn't really see the field.  Dobson didn't play.  Sudfeld beat out two vets for a roster spot.  This is a work in progress, and I believe this team is more skilled and talented at the WR position.  It's just going to take more time than one week to see it come together.  

Brady's comments were in reference to this weeks injures for the next game though. So, you can tell he's towing the company line at this point. As for KT, 4 for 50 wouldn't be bad if he wasn't targeted 14 times and Brady had no one else to throw to other than Amendola, Vereen, and Edelman (who let a number of passes go through his hands too). If Brady had the same crew from last year with Thompkins I'm not sure Thompkins would see another pass after the 1st 2 targets. Now trust me I think it's a good thing to force Brady to develop WRs but not because he has no other options

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to YanksHess' comment:

So how is "Glass Jaw" Amendola for Welker working out in NE?

How this guy BB keeps his job is beyond me. NO SB's in 10 years and he gets rid of the most productive player in the history of the pats becuse of his oversized ego.

I love it. I'm a Jets fan.Sudfeld OUT-Brady OLD-RB's can't hold on to the ball....I'm drooloing. Glad I got my bet in at 13 points. I'm surte that will drop now

How is the Jets organization just banished from the NFL for not having a super bowl in 44 years, lol!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

How this guy BB keeps his job is beyond me. NO SB's in 10 years and he gets rid of the most productive player in the history of the pats becuse of his oversized ego.

I love it. I'm a Jets fan.Sudfeld OUT-Brady OLD-RB's can't hold on to the ball....I'm drooloing. Glad I got my bet in at 13 points. I'm surte that will drop now

How is the Jets organization just not banished from the NFL for not having a super bowl in 44 years, lol!

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No Super Bowl  in 10 years sure beats no Super Bowl in 43 years. I am not sure where you get all your confidence given your team stinks. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

All of the dropoffs are noticeable but not overwhelming.

Amendola to Edelman is the biggest dropoff, and then Edelman to the rooks is noticeable.  Maybe the rooks will eat their humble pie and do a couple of things better this Thursday. 

Ridley had an early fumble, then he had a self-inflicted brain burp half an hour later, then he was benched.  A few days of humble pie will help him a bit.  Watching Bolden and Blount take away some of his snaps will also help his motivation.

Vereen to Washington is noticeable.

Suds to Hoom? Yeah, it's a dropoff.  New England needs to go with three WRs in any case, because New York has a great run-stopping line but there's a lagoon where Revis Island used to be, and Kyle Mini-Me Wilson can't defend that well.

New England is still playing a chaotic team bent on infighting this Thursday.  Geno Smith is the one going craziest with the short week.  Odds are, not one Jets player will have time to read a veiled threat to New England off of a cue card this week, but you never know.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the problem, Getzo.  Fans, who do not interact or know of the day to day team activities and player interaction during practice, "think" they know better and, as a result, express doubts and lower confidence in the team.  Apparently some know things the team and coaches do not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's the problem, Getzo.  Fans, who do not interact or know of the day to day team activities and player interaction during practice, "think" they know better and, as a result, express doubts and lower confidence in the team.  Apparently some know things the team and coaches do not.

[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling there will be some posters eating their own words soon...  I dunno, I guess  have faith.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Getzo.. fans are fans.  Some hoot and holler and simply yell..  "Go Pats" and know the team is trying its best to win every game.  (I'm in this camp, mostly.) While others pretend they know more about how to coach the team, what plays to call, what players to have on the team etc..  and aren't satisfied even when the team wins.  Makes for laughable reading at times, doesn't it?  Especially the comments from our "out of town" friends!

GO PATS!!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

HankyYess,  If the Not Yets score more than a FG against the PATs  this week will Rex proclaim the Jets the winner of the next three SBs?  Good thing the Jest and gnats already have their flights book for this season SB now all they ned to do is buy tickets...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Getzo.. fans are fans.  Some hoot and holler and simply yell..  "Go Pats" and know the team is trying its best to win every game.  (I'm in this camp, mostly.) While others pretend they know more about how to coach the team, what plays to call, what players to have on the team etc..  and aren't satisfied even when the team wins.  Makes for laughable reading at times, doesn't it?  Especially the comments from our "out of town" friends!

GO PATS!!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

I hear ya but this is where I come to talk Pats, and everyone seems to see only negatives.  But its good to have posters like yourself around.  I mean I do see things that need to be improved, but you'd think they lost Sunday by a blow out. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling there will be some posters eating their own words soon...  I dunno, I guess  have faith.  

[/QUOTE]

I pray that I do and will man up proudly if its the case