Brady and my old dog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Brady and my old dog

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Gravelten4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe its the bone chilling cold. Maybe its the 2 feet of snow on the ground. Maybe its the fact I spent the last 2 hours snowblowing a 1/4 mile path to a small skating pond in the woods behind my house for my boys to play on. Something started me thinking about the fact that sooner rather than later we will be without Tom Brady. It was difficult trying to imagine gearing up for a Pats season without Brady under center. Try as I might the image was fuzzy when I attempted to picture the moment when its all over. It reminded me of my beloved old Rotti, Yukon. I had him for over 11 years and every so often the thought that his time was growing short crept into my mind. I tried to start preparing myself for the days after he was gone. It was always the same fuzzy picture when I imagined him not being there. After 2 apartments, several girlfriends, 3 jobs, a house, wife and two kids it seemed as if he was ingrained in everything around me. It feels the same with Brady. The closest thing I can compare it to is when Bird retired. How could there be the Celtics without Larry?

Perhaps its the fact that time fades the memory but the Brady era seems to be in a category by itself. Perhaps it has been the fact that TB's tenure has overlapped a coming of age period in my own life(27 to 38). I dont know for sure. When I had to put Yukon down about a year ago I realized that, for some of lifes chapters, you cant really prepare. You just have to wait for that fuzzy picture to come back into focus. Life moves on and change has a way of creeping into our present until it seems like it always was there. Brady seems to have been a Patriot since the beginning. He and BB's era seems to not be an era at all. It feels like it has always just been there. Wasnt it just a couple years ago when Brady was the NFL's hot young guy?! Where has the last decade plus gone? I for one am going to savor every second of these last few playoff runs all the while knowing that someday that fuzzy post-Brady picture will be a reality. Its just not gonna be today.

[/QUOTE]

we all mark time in our lives by different events and places and people and they always bring us back to a certain time and place no matter how many years have gone by-our favorite teams and athletes are definitely one of them

ever hear "Time Stand Still" from Rush? says this in a most poignant way

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Hey, if ANYTHING has been clear about the Patriots under BB, it's that ANYONE can be replaced.  May take a few years, but they will find a good QB and bring him along.  Tom will forever stand out to me for the way he handled himself, he was always polite, professional, and not easily drawn into the stupid stuff.  But then you see things like him yelling at Anthony Smith and you know he's got fire.  Good guy, I will miss him when he is gone.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Just keep in mind, a sports career is like a roll of toilet paper, the further along you get, the faster it goes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Gravelten4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe its the bone chilling cold. Maybe its the 2 feet of snow on the ground. Maybe its the fact I spent the last 2 hours snowblowing a 1/4 mile path to a small skating pond in the woods behind my house for my boys to play on. Something started me thinking about the fact that sooner rather than later we will be without Tom Brady. It was difficult trying to imagine gearing up for a Pats season without Brady under center. Try as I might the image was fuzzy when I attempted to picture the moment when its all over. It reminded me of my beloved old Rotti, Yukon. I had him for over 11 years and every so often the thought that his time was growing short crept into my mind. I tried to start preparing myself for the days after he was gone. It was always the same fuzzy picture when I imagined him not being there. After 2 apartments, several girlfriends, 3 jobs, a house, wife and two kids it seemed as if he was ingrained in everything around me. It feels the same with Brady. The closest thing I can compare it to is when Bird retired. How could there be the Celtics without Larry?

Perhaps its the fact that time fades the memory but the Brady era seems to be in a category by itself. Perhaps it has been the fact that TB's tenure has overlapped a coming of age period in my own life(27 to 38). I dont know for sure. When I had to put Yukon down about a year ago I realized that, for some of lifes chapters, you cant really prepare. You just have to wait for that fuzzy picture to come back into focus. Life moves on and change has a way of creeping into our present until it seems like it always was there. Brady seems to have been a Patriot since the beginning. He and BB's era seems to not be an era at all. It feels like it has always just been there. Wasnt it just a couple years ago when Brady was the NFL's hot young guy?! Where has the last decade plus gone? I for one am going to savor every second of these last few playoff runs all the while knowing that someday that fuzzy post-Brady picture will be a reality. Its just not gonna be today.

[/QUOTE]

we all mark time in our lives by different events and places and people and they always bring us back to a certain time and place no matter how many years have gone by-our favorite teams and athletes are definitely one of them

ever hear "Time Stand Still" from Rush? says this in a most poignant way

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HONDA ROADSTER!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good thread and I was thinking of this the other day...how lucky are we to of had this guy for the last 13 years? My daughter was just a baby when we won our first Super Bowl and my wife was ready to give birth to my son during the second Super Bowl. And here we are with another bye week gearing up for another run. Amazing.

Brady is a once in a lifetime talent. This has been a once in a lifetime run. I hate to think what it'll be like when we try to replace this guy.

[/QUOTE]

queenie has the answer i am sure

[/QUOTE]

Did you just reference Rush and then call me queenie? Look in the mirror, tutz.  lmao

Did you play Dungeons and Dragons in high school too?  bawahah

[/QUOTE]

no never did though i was/am a tolkien freak

don't see what digging Rush has to do with poking fun at one of ur silly names however

btw least Rush finally made the RRHOF...long overdue of course

[/QUOTE]

I'm a longtime JRR man myself. Love the Fighting Irish too. You would be a hell of a guy if not for that "jints" issue you have.

[/QUOTE]

Well like the song says "2 out of 3 ain't bad"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

Kraft is a good owner. He will do whatever he has to - assuring we don't have a perpetual tailspin like the Raiders. But when Brady goes these sure-thing playoff appearances will go with him. I've enjoyed every game he has played and intend to enjoy every one he has left. He is in the Williams, Orr, and Russell category of Boston legends.

[/QUOTE]

Adam v could have been one of these but he left to kick in a dome. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Kraft is a good owner. He will do whatever he has to - assuring we don't have a perpetual tailspin like the Raiders. But when Brady goes these sure-thing playoff appearances will go with him. I've enjoyed every game he has played and intend to enjoy every one he has left. He is in the Williams, Orr, and Russell category of Boston legends.

[/QUOTE]

Adam v could have been one of these but he left to kick in a dome. 

[/QUOTE]

and to win another ring

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from texcanuck. Show texcanuck's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get the kid from Texas A&M 

Sections
Shortcuts