Brady and Pats Close to Deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Brady and Pats Close to Deal?

Just heard this on EEI.....no brainer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Re: Brady and Pats Close to Deal?

Sweet, nice, awesome, finally, lets go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFCMal. Show SFCMal's posts

Now all he has to do is think about football and the season, this would be great news.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Looks like a 3 year/ $58 million extension.  Brady's camp has yet to agree but a deal should be finalized in the next 24 hours.  Hope this is true.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

In Response to Brady and Pats Close to Deal?:
    [QUOTE]Just heard this on EEI.....no brainer.
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]

Here's a link:  3yrs $58 Million if he signs

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Don't really know how 19.3 per is a pay cut but if you say so. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I'm not sure how much of a paycut Tom Brady would be taking on a contract extension that pays an additional $58 million dollars over the course the 2010 season on through the 2014 season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In Response to Re: Brady and Pats Close to Deal?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Brady and Pats Close to Deal? : Here's a link:  3yrs $58 Million if he signs http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1279746&position=0
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]

PERFECT!!  Thank you - I'm sure ALL of the 58 Mil is guaranteed.  I would hope so. 

I hope they can take care of/re-up Moss now too - Keep Brady's toys here folks.  Don't get rid of them.  Tate as our #1 next yr?  Ugh...don't even want to think about that.  Fix Mankins situation too now....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Deal done. 3 years 58 million. Another paycut.  You have to love this guy.  Gomer will take more and it will be for longer than this.
    Posted by ClarkGriswold[/QUOTE]

I hardly thing 19 mill a year is a pay cut, but Brady down, Moss next, Welker extension and Meriweather. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady and Pats Close to Deal? : PERFECT!!  Thank you - I'm sure ALL of the 58 Mil is guaranteed.  I would hope so.  I hope they can take care of/re-up Moss now too - Keep Brady's toys here folks.  Don't get rid of them.  Tate as our #1 next yr?  Ugh...don't even want to think about that.  Fix Mankins situation too now....
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]

Mankins is gone, they'll Franchise him and trade him for some picks in next year's draft. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

49Pat - You know Rusty - If he can't get it wrong, he won't post it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It absolutely is a paycut. Surely, if Tom Brady wanted to demand a lot more money, he would have been within his reasonable rights. Instead, he wanted to take a fair offer and put the issue to rest and focus on the season. He could have dragged this on even further and held a gun to the team's head.

I love it when fans whine about what professional athletes are paid. No, it's not fair they get paid millions to play a game while we're often thrown around doing more important work. That's irrelevant. More people are willing to pay to watch Brady play and nobody's willing to pay to watch you work. It's called supply and demand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

49, the patriots cannot franchise Mankins under this CBA, if he shows up by week ten and signs the modified 1.58 million dollar tendor he becomes a free agent. he would have to work out a sign and trade before week ten just like they did with Branch.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady and Pats Close to Deal? : Mankins is gone, they'll Franchise him and trade him for some picks in next year's draft. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]Gomer Manning is rumored to be getting well over 20 mil per. That's why it's a fair deal, but will be less than Manning's crippler. I shouldn't have said "pay cut", but fair market, and this will be below Gomer's.  I like how it is 3 years added on and make no mistake, BB's contract expires in 2013, too.  Or maybe 2014 now. So, we have to figure, they'll both do wait and see approaches in 2013/2014.
    Posted by ClarkGriswold[/QUOTE]

Thank you for backpedaling. 

Can you provide some links to the Manning rumor.  I've heard 20mill per year, but if Manning gets 22 per year for 5 years (just throwing out numbers), I don't understand how that cripples the colts anymore than the pats.  Its a 3 mill per year difference and 2 years added.  Not much of an overall difference.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]It absolutely is a paycut. Surely, if Tom Brady wanted to demand a lot more money, he would have been within his reasonable rights. Instead, he wanted to take a fair offer and put the issue to rest and focus on the season. He could have dragged this on even further and held a gun to the team's head. I love it when fans whine about what professional athletes are paid. No, it's not fair they get paid millions to play a game while we're often thrown around doing more important work. That's irrelevant. More people are willing to pay to watch Brady play and nobody's willing to pay to watch you work. It's called supply and demand.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

You misunderstood me. I meant Brady's base salary was 5 million dollars last year, it will be 19 million next year. That's not a paycut. It had nothing to do with Tom Brady, it was the word used. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

49, you're right about that. No hard feelings bro.

We should both just be glad Brady's back on board! Not that he ever left...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

AP - if Tom Brady signs that contract (at 19.33 mill/) it will be the highest average in NFL History.  Based on what I could find, currently Eli Manning has the highest average at 15.2 (if he plays it out - don't know how much was guaranteed). 

You simply can't call the highest average ever a pay cut based on what you think he could have asked for and gotten. 

And why would he have wanted to drag this on.  He wanted the deal and the security.  If this is the deal and its all guaranteed, then he's got what he wanted.   

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Mankins is gone,......I'm afraid your right 49patriots.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Why only 3 years?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Wrong Carrottop - As noted the deal is 3 yrs at 19.33/.  Don't take his current year to soften the blow. 

Again, if Manning makes 3 mill/yr more (total speculation), how much does that really hurt the colts?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Nice...Joe Buck will be thrilled that our dreamy quarterback finally got his new contract............sweet dreams,Joe.....

Sections
Shortcuts