Brady: "Impossible to play any better than Rodgers"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Brady: "Impossible to play any better than Rodgers"

Hard to deny he hasn't played all world up to this point.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/01/brady-impossible-to-play-any-better-than-rodgers/

“The way Aaron’s playing, it’s impossible to play the quarterback position any better than he is playing it right now,” Brady told Showtime’s Inside the NFL this week via the Boston Herald.

We agree. It’s debatable whether Rodgers’ season this year is any better than Brady’s 2007 campaign. But Rodgers adds an element of athleticism and playmaking outside the pocket to go with his decision making and accuracy that is hard to beat. Brady has been impressed with the Packers’ defense of their title.

“It’s so impressive when you watch a team that can string together that many victories going all the way back to last season,” Brady said. “It really tells you what the character and the make-up of the players on that team are. So them getting off to the start that they’ve gotten off to is very impressive.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Brady: "Impossible to play any better than Rodgers"

I don't like Aaron Rodgers, he's a tool and he's still not in the same league as Tom, Peyton or Brees. 

He's having a great season, but he's also had a soft schedule. Every team that he's faced were trending down and playing bad football. His schedule was supposed to get tougher around the time Brady's got weaker, but the Lions are losing it and the Bears have no viable QB. The next two weeks are the toughest challenges he'll have, his numbers and record are unimpressive. 

Rodgers has only played 3 out of the top 15 (9, 10 and 13) yardage defenses and 2 (13 and 15) out of the top 15 scoring defenses, Brady has faced 6 (2, 8, 12, 13, 15) (counting the Jets twice at 8th ranked) of the top 15 yardage defenses and 3 (3, 6 and 12) of the top 15 scoring defenses.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I don't like Rodgers either, but your post is what's toolish, 49. Not in the same league? Please

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Brady: "Impossible to play any better than Rodgers":
    I don't like Rodgers either, but your post is what's toolish, 49. Not in the same league? Please
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Not only that but how in the world do you but Brees in that category?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Brady is the second greatest post-season QB in the history of the NFL, Peyton Manning is the greatest QB in the regular season. Drew Brees is the most accurate QB we've seen since Dan Marino. 

Aaron Rodgers is a product of media hype and lack of Peyton Manning. I'm not saying he's not in the top 5, he's fourth when Peyton is playing, but he's a low fourth. I'd take Brady, Brees and Peyton over Rodgers and I'd think long and hard about Rodgers vs. Rivers because I don't think Rodgers has that much of an advantage over Rivers (when Rivers is playing to his potential that is, not this season) besides having a better team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Rodgers s*cks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I don't care who you playing. 8-1 pick ratio 33/4 and a 127+ QB rating. The guy is playing fantastic and Brady threw most of his picks against Buffalo and the Giants. They are some incredible defenses? Give some credit were it's due. Brees is elite also but lost to the lowly Seahawks in the playoffs and Rodgers is a distant 4th? We are talking right now.Rivers can't even hold Brady, Brees or Rodgers jock strap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Brady: "Impossible to play any better than Rodgers" : Brady is the second greatest post-season QB in the history of the NFL, Peyton Manning is the greatest QB in the regular season. Drew Brees is the most accurate QB we've seen since Dan Marino.  Aaron Rodgers is a product of media hype and lack of Peyton Manning. I'm not saying he's not in the top 5, he's fourth when Peyton is playing, but he's a low fourth. I'd take Brady, Brees and Peyton over Rodgers and I'd think long and hard about Rodgers vs. Rivers because I don't think Rodgers has that much of an advantage over Rivers (when Rivers is playing to his potential that is, not this season) besides having a better team. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Interesting that you note that Brees is the most accurate QB since Dan Marino.  In his ten full seasons Bree's completion percentage is 65.7%.  Aaron Rodgers completion percentage in his 3 full seasons+ (plus 2011) is 66.4%.  Hmmm

Maybe you were factoring in Bree's accuracy to other teams?  His 143 Interceptions (including 22 in 2010 alone) is far more then any "elite" QB in this discussion.  (and no Rivers is NOT in this discussion)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

No no, Tim Tebow is a product of media hype, Aaron Rodgers is a bonafide franchise QB. No question about it. Also, I don't look at past accomplishments when comparing QBs in today's league. Brady's superbowls and Manning's mvps are irrelevant in this discussion imo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Brady: "Impossible to play any better than Rodgers" : Interesting that you note that Brees is the most accurate QB since Dan Marino.  In his ten full seasons Bree's completion percentage is 65.7%.  Aaron Rodgers completion percentage in his 3 full seasons+ (plus 2011) is 66.4%.  Hmmm Maybe you were factoring in Bree's accuracy to other teams?  His 143 Interceptions (including 22 in 2010 alone) is far more then any "elite" QB in this discussion.  (and no Rivers is NOT in this discussion)
    Posted by Patsman3

Not to mention Marino's accuracy was something pretty low on his career at 59.4. He wasn't even the most accurate QB of his era ... I would take Montana or Kelly over him for accuracy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Rogers' season is great ... but historically it's been against one of the softest schedules I can recall. 

That has to be factored in.

Brady and Brees are playing at the same level he is this season. They are simply playing tougher defenses. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't know that you can really question Rogers' abilities. Whatever you may think of him as a person (and he certainly has become something of a deusche), it's hard to deny his on-field accomplishments.

That said, what I want to see is somebody (Mark Anderson, perhaps, in the Super Bowl) plant Rodgers into the turf to put an exclamation point on the Packers' playoff exit, and then pantomime removing Rodgers' "championship belt" and placing it around their own waist.

If I were to see such a thing, I might just never stop laughing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I don't think I ever said Rodgers was a bad, average or even ranked him as low as a good QB. I ranked him 4th, a low fourth, but still in the top 5. To me, thats a great QB. 

If asked to build a team from the ground up, I'm going with Brady and Manning first. If they're gone, I'll take Drew. I don't think Rodgers OR Rivers are in the same league as these three FHOFs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As much as we can harp on the soft schedule the Packers have had to date, they have been very lucky to not have caught any team playing at the top of their game yet, we can't blame Rodgers or the Pack for that.  Rodgers has not had any games close to a stinker.  Plus, look at the receivers he is throwing to, they can all get open!!  Brady can't match that group as a whole.  Brady's game against Buffalo, how many of those INTs can be attibuted to being pressured or simply making a bad pass?  Due to the way the Pats' D has been playing, Brady may have been pressuring to assure the Pats can get ahead.  As I have noted in posts in other dicsussions, let's see how Rodgers performs when the Packers are being pressed and he needs to rally the team to a win versus coasting like they have to date. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

Packers soft schedule? How about the Pats?! Give me 3 quality wins they have against better than average teams this year. And the JETS, ARENT a better than average team.

And If you replace Rodgers instead of Brady over the past 10 seasons, the Pats win 5 Super Bowls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

To tell you the truth I wouldn't be surprised if all these QB records in the last ten years were just normal in another 10. I suppose it's possible that 4 of the top 5 greatest statistical QBs of all time happen to be actively playing right now, but I would bet its more a product of the times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Packers soft schedule? How about the Pats?! Give me 3 quality wins they have against better than average teams this year. And the JETS, ARENT a better than average team. And If you replace Rodgers instead of Brady over the past 10 seasons, the Pats win 5 Super Bowls.
    Posted by SandyRowBelfast

Average is greater than .500, that's just a mathematical fact. Jets, Cowboys, Raiders. If Aaron has the super ability to win SB's than why didn't he do it until last year. By Brady's third year he already had 2 SBs and had led the league in TDs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

To tell you the truth I wouldn't be surprised if all these QB records in the last ten years were just normal in another 10. I suppose it's possible that 4 of the top 5 greatest statistical QBs of all time happen to be actively playing right now, but I would bet its more a product of the times.
    Posted by shenanigan

I think Brees, Rodgers, Brady and Manning would be very good any era. Smarts and accuracy translate any era. The bigger difference is they would be getting hit more with no penalties and the recievers wouldn't be getting as wide open due to the current coverage rules.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

In Response to Re: Brady: "Impossible to play any better than Rodgers" : Average is greater than .500, that's just a mathematical fact. Jets, Cowboys, Raiders. If Aaron has the super ability to win SB's than why didn't he do it until last year. By Brady's third year he already had 2 SBs and had led the league in TDs.
    Posted by shenanigan

Thats not says much. Pats have the softest schedule rest of the way. And that will bring you AGAIN, to another 1 and done season for the PATS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In my opinion, Brady is #1 and Manning is #2.  (I'm talking of the last five+ years combined.)  If Rodgers can duplicate the effort of the last couple of seasons for another two or three seasons, I'd put himn right up there with the other two.  Not yet, though.  As for Brees?  Not even in the same league, but a very good QB.  Rivers?  Fuggeddaboudit.  Average, at best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Can someone explain what is duechy about rodgers?

I see a lot of you saying hes a tool or a duech, did I miss something? Is this still because of the title belt thing? because i thought that was funny.

Is it because he said he would be embarassed if he was mark sanchez during that photo shoot? Also funny.

Is it because people are saying hes doing better then Brady? Not his fault, hes just playing hard, and saying very Brady like things like he needs to get better after having good games.

Basically i think everyone saying hes a tool are just maybe hating him because hes kind of inching into Brady's greatness

If i had to rate QB's right now: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

Can someone explain what is duechy about rodgers? I see a lot of you saying hes a tool or a duech, did I miss something? Is this still because of the title belt thing? because i thought that was funny. Is it because he said he would be embarassed if he was mark sanchez during that photo shoot? Also funny. Is it because people are saying hes doing better then Brady? Not his fault, hes just playing hard, and saying very Brady like things like he needs to get better after having good games. Basically i think everyone saying hes a tool are just maybe hating him because hes kind of inching into Brady's greatness If i had to rate QB's right now: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton
    Posted by ChasaB

I think it's because they're (fans) jealous now that Rodgers is the man. Pats havent done anything since 04. Packers are on thier way to another and patsies fans cant handle it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Rogers' season is great ... but historically it's been against one of the softest schedules I can recall.  That has to be factored in. Brady and Brees are playing at the same level he is this season. They are simply playing tougher defenses. 
    Posted by zbellino

LOL....yeah, but how do you "weigh" stuff like that? Laughing
    The algorithm would have to be pretty sophisticated to account for schedules from one year to the next.  Even if GBs schedule is soft, still gotta give some credit for consistently performing at a high level this year.

And I'm still hoping we have a chance to cool them off...lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I don't know that you can really question Rogers' abilities. Whatever you may think of him as a person (and he certainly has become something of a deusche), it's hard to deny his on-field accomplishments. That said, what I want to see is somebody (Mark Anderson, perhaps, in the Super Bowl) plant Rodgers into the turf to put an exclamation point on the Packers' playoff exit, and then pantomime removing Rodgers' "championship belt" and placing it around their own waist. If I were to see such a thing, I might just never stop laughing.
    Posted by p-mike

I have nothing against Rodgers but planting him into the turf and pantomiming taking his championship belt from him and putting it on would be priceless.

Ofcourse the player to do that would probably get fined by his royal heinie Roger the Goodie but still well worth it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SandyRowBelfast. Show SandyRowBelfast's posts

In Response to Re: Brady: "Impossible to play any better than Rodgers" : I have nothing against Rodgers but planting him into the turf and pantomiming taking his championship belt from him and putting it on would be priceless. Ofcourse the player to do that would probably get fined by his royal heinie Roger the Goodie but still well worth it.
    Posted by Salcon

Not as priceless as seeing all the pat fans crying after they choked in the Super Bowl against the Giants. HAHA!

Sections
Shortcuts