Brady Bashing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Brady Bashing

Tom gets hit far too often.  ACL, broken ribs, broken finger, dislocated shoulder and numerous ankle injuries and it goes on.  This has to change or this Team is going nowhere!  Granted, he should be able to get the pass off sooner this year as the Offense will be able to spread out more with capable receivers, but the pass blocking has to improve.  Sebastian is one answer and the signing of Logan is another and I think Nick has to be moved possibly to RG.  Larsen is another possible upgrade in the future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Re: Brady Bashing

I was screaming for a top pick Olinemen for this vary reason you speak of. But who am I but a fan. Lets hope Larsen surprises like Volmer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I wanted Veldheer to be the next Vollmer for RT and switch Vollmer to LT and move Kaczur inside or do something with Neal. I like Mankins and Vollmer on the left side and believe that Crumpler will add some pass protection and run-blocking skills. I see Larson as a Scarnechia project: he won't be good now, but will be better his 2nd and 3rd years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It goes without saying that protecting Brady is key. But how do you do that? For years Brady's trademark was spreading the ball around -- quick reads and checkdowns -- and the hope is that with some new targets we may see more of that in the upcoming season. But here again, an effective running game and less predictability in the play calling will do more to protect Brady than all the blocking in the world. The book is that you can't blitz Brady or he'll pick you apart, although that seems more legend than reality at this point in his career. My take is that pounding the quarterback is its own best reward, even if he does get the ball away. Ask any New Orleans Saint why they think Brett Favre didn't tuck the ball and run, setting up for a game-winning field goal at the end of the NFC Championship Game. They know why he threw that ridiculous interception (again) rather than take another hit . . .   and we should, too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Bashing:
    I was screaming for a top pick Olinemen for this vary reason you speak of. But who am I but a fan. Lets hope Larsen surprises like Volmer.
    Posted by HRK103

Me too. Patriots did fairly well in regards to Brady getting sacked officially, but it seems like he was getting harrassed pretty good last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

NFL wise the Pats OL is probably just outside the top 10 which doesn't make them terrible.  What makes this all frustrating is we hear all this talk about the problems the Colt line is having yet Manning is the least touched QB in the NFL year in and year out.  Having more targets should help the OL out this year.  When you only have two like last year, Brady may have to hold onto the ball a little longer until something develops thus more hits on the QB.

The Pats had a lot of holes to fill this off season and they plugged what they could.  To me I thought it would always require an extra year of drafting before this thing shows some signs of being a complete team.  But I thought the draft showed a sign that Belichick agrees with us about the OL when he went and drafted offensive lineman late in the draft. 

The Light watch will be out next year.  The tell tale sign of if he is resigned or not will be pretty significant on how the Pats approach the draft next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I have to agree with p-mike.  Going back to pre-2007 offense will do as much to protect Brady as anything.  One thing is for sure, the once unbreakable Brady has been getting injured and beat up a lot lately.  If that continues he won't need a long term extension.  The guy won't play that long.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Yeah, I still have the faith in Brady to play through injuries, although he hasn't helped himself in-game to avoid taking shots. He just plays the game strong but after so many seasons, a players body will begin to bark back at them. Unfortunately health is the only kryptonite to Tom Terrific, because with his game, he can play and play well into his 40's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

NFL wise the Pats OL is probably just outside the top 10 which doesn't make them terrible.  What makes this all frustrating is we hear all this talk about the problems the Colt line is having yet Manning is the least touched QB in the NFL year in and year out.  Having more targets should help the OL out this year.  When you only have two like last year, Brady may have to hold onto the ball a little longer until something develops thus more hits on the QB. The Pats had a lot of holes to fill this off season and they plugged what they could.  To me I thought it would always require an extra year of drafting before this thing shows some signs of being a complete team.  But I thought the draft showed a sign that Belichick agrees with us about the OL when he went and drafted offensive lineman late in the draft.  The Light watch will be out next year.  The tell tale sign of if he is resigned or not will be pretty significant on how the Pats approach the draft next year.
    Posted by garytx

Tom was hit often and hit hard in the past few seasons.  I want to see this Line get an attitude that no one lays a finger on our Franchise QB.  I don't see the swagger - and I think it all starts with getting Logan signed and getting Sebastian plugged in at RT for now and if Nick can move in to RG - fine..  They need to "butch up" and quick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I keep hearing people clamor for the pre-2007 offense, but anyone who wants to abandon the spread must hate Wes Welker. Welker can't play in the pre-2007 offense. He works best against zone coverages, LBs and safeties. Welker would be cut instantly, Edelman too. 

I was reading Breer article about the death of the spread offense this morning when I realized something, it's all the spread's fault. 

Think back, when was the spread first implemented-- In 2007. When was the last time Maroney kicked @$$ and took names-- 2006, his rookie year.  Anyone make the connection? 

It's Maroney or Welker. One of them has to go. Maroney is not fit to run the ball in a spread offense, Welker isn't tailored for a conventional offense. The running game is fine. It produced when Brady went down and it did it without Maroney, who happens to be their best RB. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

This line is good, needs to be better and tougher. But, as some have mentioned and some seem not to understand that if we could establish a real running game and have more establish passing options, then that would take a lot of pressure of our o-line. Then by creating a less predicable offense, the opposing defense would be forced to dedicate and be prepared for a run or any one of our passing options.

Yes this does require establishing a solid running game, some how the same offensive coordinator will figure something out with the offense and hopefully our TE's will step up and help solidify a very well rounded and dangerous offense. With out saying all this will be even better with a more improved o-line and I was shocked we didn't pick one in the upper draft positions. Maybe BB has his eye on some one else next year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Disagree on the running part.  New England ran the ball about 100 more times than the Colts did last year. 

Polian changed the rules but the league has had time to change to them by now.  So what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  If the Pats haven't adapted that's their own fault and a huge oversight in my opinion. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

O-line looked rough the last couple of years.  They have caved on running and passing plays too much.  I hope they get it fixed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I keep hearing people clamor for the pre-2007 offense, but anyone who wants to abandon the spread must hate Wes Welker. Welker can't play in the pre-2007 offense. He works best against zone coverages, LBs and safeties. Welker would be cut instantly, Edelman too.  I was reading Breer article about the death of the spread offense this morning when I realized something, it's all the spread's fault.  Think back, when was the spread first implemented-- In 2007. When was the last time Maroney kicked @$$ and took names-- 2006, his rookie year.  Anyone make the connection?  It's Maroney or Welker. One of them has to go. Maroney is not fit to run the ball in a spread offense, Welker isn't tailored for a conventional offense. The running game is fine. It produced when Brady went down and it did it without Maroney, who happens to be their best RB. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Welker would have done well pre-2007.  I will grant you however, that a lot of us probably mean different things when we say "spread".  It has morphed into a description for the general feeling many of us have that we don't really like our offense now, even though it is statistically pretty good.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

In Response to Brady Bashing:
    Problem being Brady getting hit more and harder is because the scheme of the offense is different and the play calling is different. Plays take longer to develop leaving Brady to squeeze the ball longer. Patriots should sign LenDale White for 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 to move the chains,  hell, LenDale prolly' could get a bundle on 3rd and 3! This prolly' would save Brady's life span through the season

Tom gets hit far too often.  ACL, broken ribs, broken finger, dislocated shoulder and numerous ankle injuries and it goes on.  This has to change or this Team is going nowhere!  Granted, he should be able to get the pass off sooner this year as the Offense will be able to spread out more with capable receivers, but the pass blocking has to improve.  Sebastian is one answer and the signing of Logan is another and I think Nick has to be moved possibly to RG.  Larsen is another possible upgrade in the future.
    Posted by Clay73

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

In Response to Brady Bashing:
    Problem being Brady getting hit more and harder is because the scheme of the offense is different and the play calling is different. Plays take longer to develop leaving Brady to squeeze the ball longer. Patriots should sign LenDale White for 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 to move the chains,  hell, LenDale prolly' could get a bundle on 3rd and 3! This prolly' would save Brady's life span through the season

Posted by Clay73

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Is it possible Brady is holding the ball too long waiting for moss and welker to get open while not looking for his 3rd and 4th receivers enough?  You all would know this better than I, but how frequently did it seem Brady's last option was the pass he threw?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Teams would just wait until we went shotgun with 4 wide and send a couple of blitzers. It seems the most effective Blitzes came right up the middle too which is the shortest distance between the 2 points.They'd  probably help themselves out quite a bit just by using a lot more running formations and passing out of those more often.Every team in the league knows how to game plan for us, we just need to mix it up a little better and stay healthy. Also, I'm with everyone who said they wanted to draft an O-lineman a little higher but hopefully the guys they got will help out quick. We have been pretty good at developing O-Lineman over the years.

Sections
Shortcuts