Brady/Belichick ruined the season last week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

Brady/Belichick ruined the season last week

#1.wes welker is GONE. #2. randy moss is limping bady, both knees packed in ice from last sunday`s "chop-block" which happened LONG after wes welker was carted away. if welker`s injury was not the time to protect moss against a similar injury, than i don`t know when that time would be. is this guy [belichick] self-destructive or what? if he simply followed rookie coach jim caldwell example, we would still have wes welker this sunday, and we would have a healthy randy moss as well. the way it looks right now, we probably will have an injured but ineffective and badly limping randy moss due to the severe hit he took sunday in an absolutely MEANINGLESS GAME against jacksonville. so all the bluster out of tom brady about playing last sunday to WIN-THE-GAME...was just that empty MACHO BLUSTER, as well as STUPID... instead of using their intelligence, that is assuming they have any, they would have let them rest as well as HEAL for the only game that mattered. welker as well as moss. BOY OH BOY...YES SIR RE..bill belichick is a GENIUS ALL RIGHT!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Brady/Belichick ruined the season last week

THE BANDWAGON IS GETTING LIGHTER..  MORE ROOM FOR ME AND YOU MVP... LOL

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

chill.  moss will play sunday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

There is only 53 active guys. Someone has to play. It wasnt like Welker got hurt in the 4th. It was the first offensive series of the game and a freak injury. Now go back to your Colts board and praise the all mighty Caldwell. I mean he lost 2 games going into the playoffs and rested his team for a month. Those both just show how genius he is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I believe, as Reiss also alluded, that the starters played a lot in the 2nd half last week to give the offense as much game experience without Welker as possible.

I don't have any problem at all with the way BB played everyone last week.  Injuries can happen anytime.  If there is any reservation I have at all, it would be in keeping Moss in there after Welker went down.  I'm not mad, but I do have some reservations.  Like I said though, I think they realized Welker was done for the season and wanted to run the full offense without him as much as possible in a real game before the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

koft, did watch the Gelding/Bills game? All the starters were playing on frozen turf in a blizzard only to achieve personal records (100 catches for Wayne and Clark)

Players play..... period

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Koft news flash. Even with 2 Welkers they werent winning the super bowl. That and they only had one actual road win. Being the 3 seed its going to take 1 maybe 2 road wins to get to the super bowl. BB may have very well been trying to settle down a young D on the road. It clearly didnt work. Even with Welker getting hurt I have no problem with the starters playing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

AHOLEON you (hot) dog, don't forget you have a game tomorrow, go tell rex he doesn't have a clue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

So how about that Wilhite guy ... I hear he's pretty good at warming the bench.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

MVPKilla,

Give up there is no reasoning with this guy. As you know the NFL has 300 man rosters so everyone should have gotten the day off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

My point is that after watching Wilhite since the pre-season I think he's the biggest problem on this team ... and he should be benched. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Of course I have a contingency for Wilhite ... the bench.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

justme,

I think this gal didn't get her yellow polka dot dress she wanted from Santa. She doesn't take disappointment too well. Don't like the Pats? The she needs to take her barbie dolls, with the malibu Beach House and pink convertible and go visit the JESTS! site. Gewsides, the glare off her black patent leather shoes is giving me a headache.

Toodles!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I'm scratching me head and had gone overal NFL/AFL records since 1960, but damm! I can't find any Coach Of The Year , Executive Of The Year, or Owner Of The Year named "koft".

Can anyone shed some light on this wannabe? (She need not reply, thank you.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

First: 12/8/2004
    Last: 1/8/2010
    THE BANDWAGON IS GETTING LIGHTER..  MORE ROOM FOR ME AND YOU MVP... LOL

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't forget me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Pats!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

moss listed as probable.  calm down koft.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I am going to play the other side here as if I agree with Koft. 

1.  Re: welker - If he has been suffering knee problems then there is some expectation that he would have blown it at some time, but if he was not playing it would not have happen.  The violence and strength with which he tried to make that cut is evident in the replay.  If he was sitting he would have lived to play on another day.  Further, what if Belichick was right and the field was bad.  Houston uses a "tray" system in which trays of grass are fitted together (like a basketball court, I suppose) to make the field.  If one of those trays slipped causing Welker's injury AND belichick was aware that the field was bad (as he said) then he does have some culpability. 

2.  If Moss was 95% before the game and goes into the playoff game 80% (and playing) and the 15% was lost due to a hit in the game, then Belichick has some culpability here as well. 

All of this is obvious speculation, and we all also know that Belichick is a master of misinformation and gamesmanship.  He could be setting up Baltimore with the Moss thing, but the Welker thing still stands.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Your delusion that Moss is injured is false. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's been noted that the Welker injury was a non-contact injury and was clearly ready to happen sooner or later. Moss? Who knows?

But I know this -- It's January and anybody who is any good probably has some bumps and bruises going into the playoffs. At the risk of creating another retarded, 20-page, "yes you did," "no I didn't" Colts thread, I will defer to the guy whose team likes to arbitrarily decide which team goals are meaningless and which individual goals are important . . . and see if he's willing to tell us how many Super Bowls his team has won employing the lay-down strategy -- and why the people who run his team thought padding their players personal stats was safer in a blizzard in Buffalo than on turf at home.

Personally, if I had been the coach and was thinking of "resting" one guy, it probably would have been Welker, who gets punished as much (or more) than any other receiver in the game. But having said that, let me immediately admit that it's a stupid thing to say. I'm not the coach and I don't know all the things the coach knows and even if I was and I did, my strategy might be different from Belicick's, and I haven't turned the Pats into the most dominant team in the NFL in this century and he has . . .  so all those people who answer every question with "In Bill We Trust" (although I am not one of them, either) are not necessarily wrong. This thread right here is just another example of spoiled Pats fan not only wanting to win everything all the time, but also wanting it to be easy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeterPatriotPal. Show PeterPatriotPal's posts

do you even know what a "chop block" is?  Stop posting your stupid is showing :(

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wylie-t. Show wylie-t's posts

No one takes Tedy Bruschi serious. He is a pathetic announcer. Too many steroids have robbed old tedy of his right mind. He stunk as a linebacker .
    And now he stinks up the joint with his thoughts.
    Boo tedy. U suk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"makes bill polian and caldwell look like geniuses doesn`t it?"

Hey Koft, are you even aware that the Colts starters, including Manning, played the 1st qtr, and some guys more than that, last Sunday in a blizzard in Buffalo?? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Hey Koft, are you even aware that the Colts starters, including Manning, played the 1st qtr, and some guys more than that, last Sunday in a blizzard in Buffalo??"

exactly. Koft is lauding the Colts but if Welker had been on the Colts he would have been injured just the same- they didn't pull their starters in the Jets game until much later. 

Koft is taking a fraidy cat approach to football. Look, we're all upset Wes Welker is gone but you play to play. If you like a timid approach to football find another team to root for.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

It's been noted that the Welker injury was a non-contact injury and was clearly ready to happen sooner or later. Moss? Who knows?

But I know this -- It's January and anybody who is any good probably has some bumps and bruises going into the playoffs. At the risk of creating another retarded, 20-page, "yes you did," "no I didn't" Colts thread, I will defer to the guy whose team likes to arbitrarily decide which team goals are meaningless and which individual goals are important . . . and see if he's willing to tell us how many Super Bowls his team has won employing the lay-down strategy -- and why the people who run his team thought padding their players personal stats was safer in a blizzard in Buffalo than on turf at home.

Personally, if I had been the coach and was thinking of "resting" one guy, it probably would have been Welker, who gets punished as much (or more) than any other receiver in the game. But having said that, let me immediately admit that it's a stupid thing to say. I'm not the coach and I don't know all the things the coach knows and even if I was and I did, my strategy might be different from Belicick's, and I haven't turned the Pats into the most dominant team in the NFL in this century and he has . . .  so all those people who answer every question with "In Bill We Trust" (although I am not one of them, either) are not necessarily wrong. This thread right here is just another example of spoiled Pats fan not only wanting to win everything all the time, but also wanting it to be easy.
    ----------------------

PMike, the injury was clearly a non-contact injury (apart from the ground) - but there is no evidence one way or the other that the blown knee was going to happen sooner or later. My impression is that people jumped to that conclusion because of his early season knee injury. For example - did an M.D. actually say it was the SAME knee or that he actually had a partially torn ACL/MCL in the left knee from a previous injury? Regardless, he is injured and is out of the playoffs.

Based on BB's history of fudging with the injury report - it's hard to make out who may be truly injured or if it is part of a calculated effort to mislead opponents.

Of the guys I would have rested for the last game, Moss, Welker, Brady, and Wilfork....and whatever other starter was actually injured. Otherwise, I probably would have played everyone else to try to win that last game. I guess the injury would have been easier to swallow - had the same exact injury occurred in a meaningful game vs. one that didn't mean anything. We would have said "dayum - he left it all on the field"....instead we can say "dayum - he left it all on the field over a meaningless game".

I don't know if fans are spoiled or not, maybe our expectations are unrealistic. It will be interesting if we can hold our own for this first game...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

that is with out a doubt the most idiotic statement I have ever read in my life...........Bandwagon just got lighter boys..............

Sections
Shortcuts