Brady -Best of all time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Brady -Best of all time?

After watching that performance against supposedly the best D in the NFL and taking into account what Brady has already achieved is he the best NFL QB of all time?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haxker. Show Haxker's posts

Re: Brady -Best of all time?

In Response to Brady -Best of all time?:
    After watching that performance against supposedly the best D in the NFL and taking into account what Brady has already achieved is he the best NFL QB of all time?
    Posted by Brad34

Again, only people with other agendas don't already accept this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think by the time his career is over the answer will be yes, He's done more with less and has done it for a long time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If he gets 1 more ring with another either League MVP or preferable another SB MVP I think that puts him right up there with Montana for sure. If he gets 2 more rings then there is no doubt and with the youth of this team it could very well happen

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I was thinking this tonight too. If he isnt he is on his way! Enjoy watching him. He is amazing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Top 3 definitely (Bart Starr and Joe Montana the other two)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Why do you have a question mark in the title?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Not sure if Brady is the best of all-time. I do know one thing. When he brings his "A" game he is as good as anyone in history. He will beat any great defense and you can have cardboard cutouts of Stallworth and Alworth as receivers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Like someone said above, as young and as good as this team is now, with the upcoming draft picks, this team is set to be very good for some time!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

He's baaaacccccckkkkkk.........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Brady -Best of all time?:
    Posted by Brad34

Brad, how about letting Brady finish his career first?  He's definitely in the conversations already.  It is tough to compare QBs across eras, but in this one, he may be cementing his legacy this year.  We'll let history make that judgement not one game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In Response to Re: Brady -Best of all time?:
    In Response to Brady -Best of all time? : Brad, how about letting Brady finish his career first?  He's definitely in the conversations already.  It is tough to compare QBs across eras, but in this one, he may be cementing his legacy this year.  We'll let history make that judgement not one game.
    Posted by agcsbill

I'm pretty sure his comment is not based on this 1 game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Brady -Best of all time? : I'm pretty sure his comment is not based on this 1 game.
    Posted by Brady2Moss07

That's why I referred to what Brady is doing this year to date.  Folks do tend to go overboard all off of one game performance.  This same poster may have trashed Brady after the first Jets game!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Don't know....but he is a pleasure!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

He's getting there.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Re: Brady -Best of all time? : That's why I referred to what Brady is doing this year to date.  Folks do tend to go overboard all off of one game performance.  This same poster may have trashed Brady after the first Jets game!
    Posted by agcsbill

I know what you are saying about not going overboard. Believe me I have never trashed Brady at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

To me, yes. no doubt about it.

He is leading this young team to huge victories and playing like a captain and superstar should. 

I believe everyone will say he is if we win the Super Bowl this postseason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Not sure if Brady is the best of all-time. I do know one thing. When he brings his "A" game he is as good as anyone in history. He will beat any great defense and you can have cardboard cutouts of Stallworth and Alworth as receivers.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

I think as long as the organization has given him at the very least adequate offensive players and consistency with the same unit he has proven to be the best Qb in the NFL, Ironically I say it was the 2007 season which was the contradiction in that he had WW,Moss, and Stalworth for the first time.....yet broke every record in the game.

Brady is the best and with the time he has left and the ability to stay healthy I think he will even quiet the naysayers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I think he has to win another ring to surpass Montana.  But I think he will win more than one more ring, the way he's rebounded from the knee injury, and the way the Pats have rebuilt and will only improve next year and the next and the next.

It is incredible to think reasonably what might be accomplished and how Brady will have fared by the time he retires...which he has said will be long-off.  The records keep accumulating and he already has three rings, one MVP, seems a lock for another this year, and still has a lot of games in him.  Just amazing.  We are witnessing the NFL's version of Larry Bird. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Brady=MVP

Go Tom

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

Without trying to disrespect anyone, I have to say most who have him pegged as the greatest ever are usually in the teens to late 20s.  Its hard to call someone else great if you didn't see them play in a different era. You judge based on what you can compare.  The younger you are, the less of a field to choose from. 

Fair enough.  Brady is definitely in the conversation, but I also would like to watch the rest of his career before I can place him in the pantheon. He is better than Manning, I'm convinced he will ultimately be seen as such.

Montana is the gold standard. And if you aren't old enough to have seen him play, that's ok.  I did. And no statistic can out do the eye test.  He was a winner and a leader. 

I would love to have seen Unitas.  But I did not so I cannot comment on his game.  Knowing what I learned from film and history, he is in that conversation as well. 

Those are the three that all QBs should be judged.  Brady, Montana, and Unitas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

the one time brady had a RICE(randy moss), he threw for 50 td's

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tojo. Show tojo's posts

Can't wait until the Colts tie up more resources to make Peyton the highest paid player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I rank him behind Joe Cool, but he's up there. He wins another ring and he's tied with Joe. He wins two more and he is the GOAT. He's an amazing QB and, to quote Joe Buck, it's been our honor to watch him play QB. =D 

Sections
Shortcuts