Brady calls out Tedy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Brady calls out Tedy?

I love this statement from Brady.  Refering to the 2006 AFCCG: "We had a third and 4, we missed it, we punted to them. And they went down the field in less than two minutes to score again. Tedy [Bruschi] was on that field that day, so you can argue it a lot of ways. Had we punted the ball and they return it to the 50-yard-line then what do you say?. . . "

He's pretty much telling Bruschi that BB in 2006 did exactly what him and Rodney bashed him for and the defense still couldn't stop the colts.

I love Bru but he ought to know better... it's not about sending a message to the D, it's about the D not executing when it counts. 

Also whether it's 30 yards or 70 yards, our D was sliced like a fiery hot chainsaw through butter... The colts needed a TD, not a field goal, so a 3 and out from any point on the field would be what's needed but the D couldn't deliver...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Brady calls out Tedy?

I can't believe people are saying that BB should have let the Defense try to stop Manning and the Colts instead of going for it.  The Defense already had a chance to stop Manning and the Colts and failed.  The Pats were up 34-21 with 4:12 left in the game.  The Colts had the ball at their own 21.  It took them 6 plays in 1:49 to drive 79 yards for a TD.  Manning threw 2 incompletions - one resulted in a Pass Interference call and the other was when they were at the Patriot's 4 yd line.

If the Defense were capable of stopping Manning, why did they stop them on that drive?  Check that - why could they force the Colts to take 8 or 9 plays to score a TD.

And 2 possessions earlier, the Colts moved the ball 79 yards on 5 plays in 2:04 for a TD.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Something has to be done about the NE defense in the 2 minute drill or hurry up....  If BB has fallen short lately it's on this point... our D is helpless in those situations.

BB needs two game plans... one for the first half (which he did and it worked great) and the other for the second half after manning analyzes all the coverages from the polariods and shreds our D

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from salpointe. Show salpointe's posts

You can not stop being aggressive with your game plan.  Last 2 drives we did not play to win or stop them, but rather we played to not lose.  Notice on 2 TD throws Manning is able to slide to his left and throw with no d-lineman in sight...they ran themselves out of pocket containment.  Do not change what brought you success late in games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

In Response to Re: Brady calls out Tedy?:
    You can not stop being aggressive with your game plan.  Last 2 drives we did not play to win or stop them, but rather we played to not lose.  Notice on 2 TD throws Manning is able to slide to his left and throw with no d-lineman in sight...they ran themselves out of pocket containment.  Do not change what brought you success late in games.
    Posted by salpointe

Sal, on the surface it seems that NE went into prevent mode.  But from Dean Pees conf, he said that they didn't change the D philosophy in the 4th Q. 

I honestly think that this is the root cause of the problem.  If the D is the same throughout 4 Q's, manning adjusts and takes advantage.  See all his 4th Q comebacks against us and others...

What NE desperately needs is TWO defensive game plans against manning.  Once he figures out the first, throw him the second one to keep him off balance. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but when we owned the colts O, our D was constantly changing and confusing him.  Also, the Chargers (and steelers) keep shifting their defensive schemes throughout the game.

NE needs to do that again.  Thoughts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

You can not stop being aggressive with your game plan.  Posted by salpointe

That is the key, I hate prevent defense......play like you are behind on every down

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

It's not prevent defense that is the issue, it is Peyton Manning having 4 downs and not caring about respecting the Patriots Offense getting the ball back in good field position or turning it over.   It is a completely different game when you are desperate and the consequences of risk taking are meaningless.

they should have let the Colts score, even have a guy push the Colt who caught that first pass into the end zone if he tried to maurice joens Drew it at the one.  Give Brady the ball and 2 minutes to work with for a field goal, rather than Manning *word content filtered* our blood out one second at a time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

It's not prevent defense that is the issue, it is Peyton Manning having 4 downs and not caring about respecting the Patriots Offense getting the ball back in good field position or turning it over.   It is a completely different game when you are desperate and the consequences of risk taking are meaningless. they should have let the Colts score, even have a guy push the Colt who caught that first pass into the end zone if he tried to maurice joens Drew it at the one.  Give Brady the ball and 2 minutes to work with for a field goal, rather than Manning *word content filtered* our blood out one second at a time.
    Posted by pauldeba

When you can throw up a bomb and be sure you're going to get an interference call no matter how bogus it is you can be confident.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

It's not prevent defense that is the issue, it is Peyton Manning having 4 downs and not caring about respecting the Patriots Offense getting the ball back in good field position or turning it over.   It is a completely different game when you are desperate and the consequences of risk taking are meaningless. they should have let the Colts score, even have a guy push the Colt who caught that first pass into the end zone if he tried to maurice joens Drew it at the one.  Give Brady the ball and 2 minutes to work with for a field goal, rather than Manning *word content filtered* our blood out one second at a time.
    Posted by pauldeba

Agreed and granted on your points.  I'm just dumbfounded how a team can hold the colts to minimal points throughout a game then collapse... over and over again, no matter what the circumstances..... the majority of the games we lost to the colts happened because of a "miracle" comeback.  time to find an answer to this mircale....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Brady calls out Tedy?:
    I love this statement from Brady.  Refering to the 2006 AFCCG: "We had a third and 4, we missed it, we punted to them. And they went down the field in less than two minutes to score again. Tedy [Bruschi] was on that field that day , so you can argue it a lot of ways. Had we punted the ball and they return it to the 50-yard-line then what do you say?. . . " He's pretty much telling Bruschi that BB in 2006 did exactly what him and Rodney bashed him for and the defense still couldn't stop the colts. I love Bru but he ought to know better... it's not about sending a message to the D, it's about the D not executing when it counts.  Also whether it's 30 yards or 70 yards, our D was sliced like a fiery hot chainsaw through butter... The colts needed a TD, not a field goal, so a 3 and out from any point on the field would be what's needed but the D couldn't deliver...
    Posted by LifeTimePat

Brady is right....and Bruschi is way overreacting.....his rant made me sick.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Bruschi and Harrison were too quick to have an opinion ...in my opinion.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Bruschi and Harrison were too quick to have an opinion ...in my opinion.........
    Posted by sday4x4

I really think they went overboard to prove they are not homers or at least controversial.... almost sold out to the networks

I'm glad Brady called him out... he's 100% right... for years now, the O would get a good lead going, only to see the D flounder it... the same D that included Bru and Harrison... Cost us the SB in 2007 and the 2006 AFCCG + SB

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Brady calls out Tedy? : Brady is right....and Bruschi is way overreacting.....his rant made me sick.....
    Posted by m1020us

Bruschi's point is that the defense "should take it personal" and they should. They need to prove to BB they deserve the chance to stop one of the best QBs in the game. Bruschi said take it personal and then get ready to get back to work on Wed. he said nothing wrong im my opionion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

In Response to Re: Brady calls out Tedy? : Bruschi's point is that the defense "should take it personal" and they should. They need to prove to BB they deserve the chance to stop one of the best QBs in the game. Bruschi said take it personal and then get ready to get back to work on Wed. he said nothing wrong im my opionion.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Champ,  i think he said that back peddling.  his initial comment was scathing and in complete disagreement with BB... that BB dissed the defense.  The next day is when he made the comment you mentioned. 

Look, I have all the respect in the world for Bru and Rodney... but they were a BIG part of the problem that they called BB on. 

They should have said that, in light of what happened over the past few years, they support BB's decision. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgolden13. Show mgolden13's posts

Posted by pauldeba

You are exactly right.  If you are going to be man enough to go for it on 4th and 2 at your own 28, then you have to realize allowing the Colts to score quickly is  your only chance to win the game.  Get the ball back with nearly 2 minutes to go needing a field goal to win it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Teddy and Rodney are just turning into Pimps now pumping out the same lame Cliche's that everyone else in the media does. What a way to make a living. You already know what these guys are going to say before they open their mouths. One more reason to just not tune in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I dont care WHAT Pees said.  We were giving them the middle of the field.  And they took it.  Then they took it deep.  They could, because we let them have the first down, NO RISK in trying to chuck it deep if it doesn't get picked.  And you might get a PI.  which they did.  So, no, Dean, not buying any of it.  We were not contesting the middle at ALL.  Ultimately, THAT is what sunk us.  If they don't score there, the next series is immaterial.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from McLovin.. Show McLovin.'s posts

basically what I am saying is that in my opinion the opinions of Bru and Rodney are wrong...but for some reason no one will pay me for my opinion

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Brady calls out Tedy? : Bruschi's point is that the defense "should take it personal" and they should. They need to prove to BB they deserve the chance to stop one of the best QBs in the game. Bruschi said take it personal and then get ready to get back to work on Wed. he said nothing wrong im my opionion.
    Posted by TrueChamp

And Bru added that they should be pissed Sunday night and pissed Monday, but on Tuesday it is time to focus on the Jets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think it's a valid point that isn't being mentioned enough.

The Colts drove to win it in the 2006-2007 AFC Championship Game.

They drove twice previously in under 2 minutes each time to score touchdowns in the 4th Quarter.

WHAT would make people think that the Patriots' defense would stand ANY better of a chance with 2:08 remaining than they did with 14:13 or 4:20 left on the clock?

It was a reasonable decision

What stunk was the wasted timeouts.

Sections
Shortcuts