Brady comparison to Montana no more....compare him to Farve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Brady comparison to Montana no more....compare him to Farve

Montana played in 4 superbowls and NEVER threw a pick...Brady now is 5 straight playoff games with at least one pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

Re: Brady comparison to Montana no more....compare him to Farve

Disagree w/the Favre comparison! Lets compare Brady's 3-2 SB record to the SB records of 3 HOF QB legends - Fran Tarkenton Vikings 0-3, Jim Kelly Bills 0-4 and John Elway 2-3. The BB/TB era is coming to an end perhaps in 3 yrs. Brady will be 35 next yr and history will view him favorably even if he doesn't win another SB. This draft and offseason FA acquistions will probably determine whether the Pats win #4. It's been a great run but not in the dynasty category. The gold standard of dynasties were the 50's and 60's Celts who won 11 championship in 13 yrs. I know of no other professsional sports team that comes close to this domination. As a longtime Pats fan who goes back to the Boston Pats era, I'd like to thank Bob Kraft, BB and TB for 10 wonderful yrs.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Howzabout we let him finish his career and then decide who to compare him with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I would compare him more to Elway right now more then Montana but Farve not even close. Brady is a much better player then Farve ever was

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

what was the name of that guy montana was able to throw it to.. jerry something..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

I never saw it before that he was Montana, so I have been right about this system qb all along. And finally the rest of the world sees it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybologna2. Show mybologna2's posts

Are you insulting Farve?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the brady-elway comparison seems to fit the best, but brady still has a good 3-4 years left in him most likely....hopefully the pats get their 4th ring before he retires

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Yeah Brady was All world until he started to get here on his own.

Brady didnt have Ronnie Lott to help on the other side.

He also didnt have Roger Craig or the best WR in the history of the game, or Bill Walsh, one of the smartest offensive coaches in history.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Can someone put some padding around the bandwagon so all these fair weather fans don't hert themselves as they jump off?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Brady is like a reverse Elway.  Elway lost then won, TB has won then lost. 

The Favre comparison isn't very accurate.  Favre went 1-1 in Super Bowls. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike473. Show Mike473's posts

We have to start getting things into perspective here. Tom Brady has been to 5 Super Bowls. Won 3 really tight games and lost 2 others with a lead under 2 minutes to play. It is a team game, and not a case of Brady being better than Montana or he is Brett Favre. Elway was a great QB. But, like Brady, the team he had around him does make a difference. Elway won 2 Super Bowls, lost 3. Let's look at the 3 losses.

Giants 39 -- Denver 20
    Redskins 42 -- Denver 10
    San Francisco 55 -- Denver 10

These games, especially the last 2 were blow outs. The Patriots lost 2 nail biters, one at the end of an 18-0 run. I don't think Elway could have done much in the losses, and I don't think he sucks because of it.

Look at Dallas. Have they even won a playoff game since the last SB win? Is that dynasty more respectable because after the last SB win, a period was put at the end of the story and that was that?

Montana was 4-0 in the SB but the way people talk about him, he never lost a big game. Montana lost some playoff games as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from akoko. Show akoko's posts

We have to wait till he retire before we can do the comparism who know he may win one more or two one thing about Brady is that by the time he retire he will accomplished a lot of regular season stats and with his post season record he may be up there with Montana I am not saying he is better than Montana but we have to wait and see when he retires because Brady still have about 3-4years left at high level assuming if he healthy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

right now i think he's playing more like bledsoe. just about as immobile. takes as much time to get rid of the ball. makes bad decisions as frequently.

i remember bledsoe's advice to him in the last minute of the 2001 sb -- just sling it. i think it stuck in his head too much.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

In Response to Brady comparison to Montana no more....compare him to Farve:
    [QUOTE]Montana played in 4 superbowls and NEVER threw a pick...Brady now is 5 straight playoff games with at least one pick.
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]

Bad comparison. You just jugde in one playoff run.

Brady is still even or little ahead of Montana. I think he will be more like Elway. He's older but won two SBs.

Brady will win two SBS. He already beat Montana in wins, records in regular season,etc.

He needs at least two more rings ahead of him.  He is still good health wise.

He needs to go back to the old Brady....manging the clock, play smart decisions, not throw like Petyon, use the running game.

Sections
Shortcuts