Brady Confirms Obvious

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

Re: Brady Confirms Obvious

So whats the point you can say this about any team in the preseason doesnt just go for the Pats.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  I think there's too much credence lent to this idea that the third pre-season game is a de facto indicator of how a team projects going into the season, particularly this year, with the off-season having been abbreviated to a certain extent. I don't think you can look at New England's performance Saturday night -- regardless of circumstance -- and not have concerns. But this notion that Detroit has somehow magically leaped to contender status in the NFC overnight and that the Pats are rapidly-browning toast is patently absurd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

So game 3 is not vital to Belichik and the Pats because they run a vanilla offense, but all other teams suck because the offense/defense are getting blown off the ball and missing coverage. LOL, typical Pats fan response in the fish bowl world of New England sports.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Brady Confirms Obvious:
    [QUOTE]According to some trolls and others, Game 3 is vital and ALL teams gameplan, which is false. In fact, I would question my coach if he was gameplanning and showing stuff on film in preseason. This has nothing to do with with NE being outplayed, but more so the fact that people are overreacting falling for the media bait.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    I think you over assume what those who are critical are saying about the pats game.  Its not the game plan they are being critical of, its the execution by the first team of the plays they ran. 

Gameplanning might consider Suh, but that doesn't mean that within in the game they don't consider blocking assigments differently as a way to address his rush.  Further, gameplanning has nothing to do with poor route running or poor throwing. 

The criticism is about failed execution, not incompetent gameplanning.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

ONE ON ONE BATTLES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PLAYCALLING

Yes, I know they didn't reinvent the wheel

But Connolly and Ohrnberger getting beat mano-y-mano had nothing to do with O'Brien or Brady or anybody other than their inferior selves.

Same goes for the safeties, except even moreso.  If they can't communicate on SIMPLE ZONES, then how are they ever going to disguise coverages, call audibles, run the defense in hurry-up?

Come on!

They should win 12 games easily against the teams that play timid and the teams that can't capitalize on their weaknesses, but the teams that CAN CAPITALIZE are the PLAYOFF teams they'll face.

I just hope to see progress as the season continues.  We'll see, but right now these weaknesses will cost them a chance at the Super Bowl, just like it has the past two years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Gameplanning or not Russ, Detroit outplayed us in that game and exposed weaknesses we have had for some time. Anytime Brady requires 3 or more seconds to throw the ball, we get into trouble. So, whether just running a bunch of "vanilla" plays, or gameplanning, I still think the OL needs to do their job. It's about execution. Doesn't matter if your executing something "vanilla" or something "complex"..just have to execute. The interior of the OL is not where it needs to be, and needs to be addressed ASAP, or at least before we see our next elite DL.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Brady confirms he is a metro, loves handbags, facials, and manicures while also parading nude on the beaches of Costa Rica....oh wait was that him or his son?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Confirms Obvious : I don't disagree with that, but to some degree the playcalling is going to have an affect on the game. Example: We have no idea how Detroit's run D is because NE never bothered to establish the run in that game. Can we agree that there is a clear difference in the Week 1-4 gameplans from O'Brien and what happened after when they started loading up the run game against Balt, Minny, etc? Then, they stopped it for Cleveland and it backfired. And Cleveland didn't treat that as their SB?  When you tell your entire front 7 to get after Brady and that's all that matters, that's an advantage for the defense, period. That's why NE used to run all over Indy. When they stopped running it with the McDaniels spread it limited the playbook. Until this happens in the regular season, I refuse to buy into this rhetoric and paranoia.

Only if it does not apply to your team, LOL. Please, stop.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

So its a double standard? Yes Vick was terrible but they didnt game plan test things out blah blah blah it goes the same way.When people try this one way but not the other way it makes  Us pats fan look dumb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Confirms Obvious : I don't disagree with that, but to some degree the playcalling is going to have an affect on the game. Example: We have no idea how Detroit's run D is because NE never bothered to establish the run in that game. Can we agree that there is a clear difference in the Week 1-4 gameplans from O'Brien and what happened after when they started loading up the run game against Balt, Minny, etc? Then, they stopped it for Cleveland and it backfired. And Cleveland didn't treat that as their SB?  When you tell your entire front 7 to get after Brady and that's all that matters, that's an advantage for the defense, period. That's why NE used to run all over Indy. When they stopped running it with the McDaniels spread it limited the playbook. Until this happens in the regular season, I refuse to buy into this rhetoric and paranoia.

Okay I see your point. I do agree that things start with the run game. In games where we have been torched by DL's, it was our lack of establishing and consistnely pounding the ball that got us into trouble. With the size of our OL and TE's, we should be running all over teams...then passing.

Question is...why do games like Detroit (not panicking), feel like groundhog day? It seems in the biggest of games, O'Brien/BB don't run and rely on Brady to pass way too much. If we do one thing, lets learn from the past.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]Yea that's right make fun of Brady for being a grown man who does not care what morons like you think mean while you defend a piece of sh*t like Mike Vick. Yea your not clearly a bias moron or anything. Oh wait you are. If Brady played for the Eagles you would s*ck his d*ck for free and we all know it so go sell your bull sh*t somewhere else loser.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Nah, I like women and do not worship football players as either moral figures or idols unlike some of the delusional fans who seem to offer up their version of substance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

Both were terrible  ,so cant say one thing about one and not the other.Its preseason and doesnt matter for ethier one thats the point and no way getting around it.So dont be surprised when fans of other teams saysomething about brady play when you do the same as they do,agian its preseason for both!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Of course there is no scheming. It doesn't mean you shouldn't tackled block catch the ball and try to get open. All I know is whatever they did wasn't very good. At the end of the day as long a key player doesn't get injured the preseason is a success to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady Confirms Obvious : Umm, did you watch Vick play?  He just dropped back and lobbed balls wildly into the air. Brady was not remotely as bad as that.  When people don't watch two things and can't see differences, it' makes us Pats fans look bad.

Brady was rushed, period, it just goes to show that not only is your secondary suspect but maybe the offensive line is not as good as maybe you thought. 19-0 guys, let's make plans for a Roving Rallly where the cookie crumbles.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry I couldn't hear you with Brady's balls in your mouth. Maybe try again later.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

What are you like 12?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

[QUOTE]Sure, but who is calling their team a "dream team" and then looking lost in a Week 1 preseason game? Wasn't Brady. In fact, after two beat downs, Brady said they needed to get better and I think he's talking about the passing offense, exclusively, not the run game.

The point is/has been, that you as a Pats fan and other very egocentric fans who know little except what they are told by Belichik, seem to think that this rule applies to the Pats but not other teams who are trying different schemes, players, coaches, etc.....it's funny, that is all.