Brady Delusional About Chances of Winning Another SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Brady Delusional About Chances of Winning Another SB?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

As a fierce competitor, I would not expect him to say anything less - but IMO, the chances have very much dwindled - and would be (pleasantly) surprised if he came away with one more SB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Brady Delusional About Chances of Winning Another SB?

I dont understand everyone jumping off the bandwagon (not saying your a bandwagon fan, just in general). I feel like the Pats will have as good a shot this year as every year for the last 10 years. Good talent, best coach in football. Injuries, as always, will go along way in determining who goes to the show.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

As a fierce competitor, I would not expect him to say anything less - but IMO, the chances have very much dwindled - and would be (pleasantly) surprised if he came away with one more SB.

Why would them winning the SB be a surprise to you? That would mean you think they barely have a chance. I sure would like to hear why you think that.

To me the biggest thing going against them is that their success has led them to being the team that the rest of the league has studied most. To other teams, they are pretty predictable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Why would them winning the SB be a surprise to you? That would mean you think they barely have a chance. I sure would like to hear why you think that.

To me the biggest thing going against them is that their success has led them to being the team that the rest of the league has studied most. To other teams, they are pretty predictable.

Silver lining to all the turnover at the WR position then, huh?  Back to a balanced attack, screens, draws and dump offs to RB's?  I am excited for the chnage.  Same to the D as well... hopefully they play more assertive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

No, it means that I realize how tough it is for any team to make it. That being said, do you not think the offense took a hit this offseason? It takes more than Brady to win a SB. AND, if they are going to win another one, it's because the defense improves enough to win some games. The defense, altho improved on paper, hasn't proven anything yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Silver lining to all the turnover at the WR position then, huh?  Back to a balanced attack, screens, draws and dump offs to RB's?  I am excited for the chnage.  Same to the D as well... hopefully they play more assertive.

I agree with you.  Been saying this for years.  IMO, they just didn't have enough defensive playmakers or depth to help the team. Maybe this year...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

No, it means that I realize how tough it is for any team to make it. That being said, do you not think the offense took a hit this offseason? It takes more than Brady to win a SB. AND, if they are going to win another one, it's because the defense improves enough to win some games. The defense, altho improved on paper, hasn't proven anything yet.

But then it is tough for everyone. With them knocking on the door practically year in year out, why do you think TB is delusional? On that logic , we should say everyone is delusional for believing they can win a SB in the next couple of years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

I dont understand everyone jumping off the bandwagon (not saying your a bandwagon fan, just in general)....

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

Let 'em jump. Just remember who they are when they want to climb back on in January.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

But then it is tough for everyone. With them knocking on the door practically year in year out, why do you think TB is delusional? On that logic , we should say everyone is delusional for believing they can win a SB in the next couple of years.

or mebbe he is delusional, cuz he thinks he can still carry this team all on his shoulders w/ no help.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Let 'em jump. Just remember who they are when they want to climb back on in January.

Oh, they'll win their share of games; playing in a weak division and all. Noone's jumping.  I just don't have blinders on...

They ought to come in first in the AFC East, and means they're likely to be playoff bound.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

I agree with you.  Been saying this for years.  IMO, they just didn't have enough defensive playmakers or depth to help the team. Maybe this year...

just would like to see them sign john abraham at some point here, he is a playmaker who can help!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Not delusional, but certainly slightly disingenuous in not stating he needs to better himself in January or February.

None of this "we" crap.   Our SB winning teams never played picture perfect football in all 3 phases in SBs. We never had a STs TD, never kept leads via our Ds.

We lost two SBs, a myriad of other playoff games because of multiple offensive turnovers and his fading play in the postseson.  It's tiring seeing him act like he's not responsible. 13, 14, 17 points from our offense sucks for what it's capable of.

3 TDs and 6 INTs since 2007 in his last 3 AFC title games (not counting his 2nd INT in this year's AFC title game) at home is not cutting it, Tom.  We've played ZERO road games in the playoffs (minus neutral SBs) and he's flat out struggled. He, himself, the chosen way to lead the offense.  Him. 

It's literally all up to him now.  If he plays smarter, throws better, doesn't have to be in the shotgun or throw 45 times in a game where you have leads, start targeting more players in the passing game instead of relying on 2 guys, then we have a very good chance to see Brady win another, possibly 2 more before he hangs it up. It's literally all up to him. If he learns to trust more, not act like he's above some younger players on the team, stop with the hands on the hips, pouting, stare downs, etc, and learn to scramble again, take a sack instead of an INT, etc, we can see him win another.

The SBs have only become "hard to win" when the QB has made it more about him throwing it more.

Back under Center, Tom. Back under Center.

You criticize TB for using the word "we" to reference the Team instead of making it all about himself.  Then you turn around and use it yourself repeatedly.   What position were you playing last year?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I give Brady a 2-year window to win another SB while he is on the team.   I just can't see him playing at the necessary elite level beyond 2014.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Elway won a SB when he was 37, don't see why TB can't do it. Sure the chances are diminished, but with the right team around him I think it's very possible. He doesn't have to have an MVP season win one, just needs to, along with everyone else, step up big in the SB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I give Brady a 2-year window to win another SB while he is on the team.   I just can't see him playing at the necessary elite level beyond 2014.

Umm, he didn't have "elite" regular seasons while winning SBs. In fact, no real Pats fan cared about his stats in the regular seasons.  He would play even better in the postseasons than he did in regular seasons because he wasn't hellbent on padding stats like he has been after he won 3 SBs and wanted to expand his resume doing what Gomer was doing. The truth hurts, I get it. But, ego can be a dangerous thing.

So, after 2004 Brady had 3 SBs and PM had ZERO, but TB wanted to expand his resume to match PM???  Lay off the brown acid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Tom thinks hard work can overcome poor drafting. It can't. But he's right. He does have a shot every year, because he's there, mediocre team around him or not.

I say 10% chance. With the teams he used to have it would have been 50/50.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Not delusional, but certainly slightly disingenuous in not stating he needs to better himself in January or February.

None of this "we" crap.   Our SB winning teams never played picture perfect football in all 3 phases in SBs. We never had a STs TD, never kept leads via our Ds.

We lost two SBs, a myriad of other playoff games because of multiple offensive turnovers and his fading play in the postseson.  It's tiring seeing him act like he's not responsible. 13, 14, 17 points from our offense sucks for what it's capable of.

3 TDs and 6 INTs since 2007 in his last 3 AFC title games (not counting his 2nd INT in this year's AFC title game) at home is not cutting it, Tom.  We've played ZERO road games in the playoffs (minus neutral SBs) and he's flat out struggled. He, himself, the chosen way to lead the offense.  Him. 

It's literally all up to him now.  If he plays smarter, throws better, doesn't have to be in the shotgun or throw 45 times in a game where you have leads, start targeting more players in the passing game instead of relying on 2 guys, then we have a very good chance to see Brady win another, possibly 2 more before he hangs it up. It's literally all up to him. If he learns to trust more, not act like he's above some younger players on the team, stop with the hands on the hips, pouting, stare downs, etc, and learn to scramble again, take a sack instead of an INT, etc, we can see him win another.

The SBs have only become "hard to win" when the QB has made it more about him throwing it more.

Back under Center, Tom. Back under Center.

You criticize TB for using the word "we" to reference the Team instead of making it all about himself.  Then you turn around and use it yourself repeatedly.   What position were you playing last year?

starter at Loud Mouth Know-It-All

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

talk about delusional......lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

gronk, edelwoman, and ballard on PUP. That sure doesn't help.

Sections
Shortcuts