Brady Delusional About Chances of Winning Another SB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Brady Delusional About Chances of Winning Another SB?

In response to APpats21's comment:

Where are they? You got a poll that says there are thousands? Or you just exaggerating to make a point? (aka lying)

well, after he counts all of his own deleted accounts......it might be close...LOL Laughing

yes, for the word in bold.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Not delusional, but certainly slightly disingenuous in not stating he needs to better himself in January or February.

None of this "we" crap.   Our SB winning teams never played picture perfect football in all 3 phases in SBs. We never had a STs TD, never kept leads via our Ds.

We lost two SBs, a myriad of other playoff games because of multiple offensive turnovers and his fading play in the postseson.  It's tiring seeing him act like he's not responsible. 13, 14, 17 points from our offense sucks for what it's capable of.

3 TDs and 6 INTs since 2007 in his last 3 AFC title games (not counting his 2nd INT in this year's AFC title game) at home is not cutting it, Tom.  We've played ZERO road games in the playoffs (minus neutral SBs) and he's flat out struggled. He, himself, the chosen way to lead the offense.  Him. 

It's literally all up to him now.  If he plays smarter, throws better, doesn't have to be in the shotgun or throw 45 times in a game where you have leads, start targeting more players in the passing game instead of relying on 2 guys, then we have a very good chance to see Brady win another, possibly 2 more before he hangs it up. It's literally all up to him. If he learns to trust more, not act like he's above some younger players on the team, stop with the hands on the hips, pouting, stare downs, etc, and learn to scramble again, take a sack instead of an INT, etc, we can see him win another.

The SBs have only become "hard to win" when the QB has made it more about him throwing it more.

Back under Center, Tom. Back under Center.

He left the last two Superbowls with a lead and the defensive failed the team. Regardless what you think of Brady even you can't deny one more defensive stop in two games would mean two more Super Bowls, and probably two more MVP's for Brady.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I give Brady a 2-year window to win another SB while he is on the team.   I just can't see him playing at the necessary elite level beyond 2014.

Umm, he didn't have "elite" regular seasons while winning SBs. In fact, no real Pats fan cared about his stats in the regular seasons.  He would play even better in the postseasons than he did in regular seasons because he wasn't hellbent on padding stats like he has been after he won 3 SBs and wanted to expand his resume doing what Gomer was doing. The truth hurts, I get it. But, ego can be a dangerous thing.

So, after 2004 Brady had 3 SBs and PM had ZERO, but TB wanted to expand his resume to match PM???  Lay off the brown acid.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Brady has no ego, hasn't mirrored Gomer's career from 1999-2005 in his recent seasons calling out the Mike LB and using a lot more shotgun and passing from the 2 yard line, nor has he been worse, much worse like Gomer always was in his overrated years.

Yep. Sure. It's all a mirage and a coincidence he looks JUST LIKE GOMER now when he used to perform better than Gomer doing all the things Gomer and his ego wouldn't do to win close games or lean more so on others on the team to win games.

Yep.

It's all about brown acid for someone to come to that conclusion. LOL

NEWSFLASH: There are thousands of Pats fans who see what I see. No brown acid needed. No acid needed. It's called reality.

Until he takes that sack, runs ahead for 3 yards and slides, makes the right decision and is smarter over 4 qtrs again in a title game or SB, there is no point in arguing.  Our D isn't pitching a shutout in a SB and they aren't keeping a team to under 14 points in a title game or SB. No team is.

Show me, Tom. Show me.

[/QUOTE]

Where are they? You got a poll that says there are thousands? Or you just exaggerating to make a point? (aka lying)

[/QUOTE]

I have family and friends that agree with me. Does it really matter how many fans have been very disappointed by his play and our honest about it, as opposed to some googly eyed teenie bopper running around the internet calling him the GOAT, so arrogantly so?

Last time I checked, Montana wasn't fading in the posteason 10 years into his career.

It's not like this is one game or one postseason either. It's been going on since he was spoiled beyond belief in 2007 with passing weapons.

When he threw the 3 INTs on the road in SD in the 2006 divisonals, when you were 15 years old (lol), he was a better QB than he was in 2007 in the AFC title game when he threw 3 INTs at home (one in the end zone).

You can disagree all day long, but with less talent around him, he was a better QB than with greater talent around him.  Less stats and production, but a better QB.

Get off your troll high horse too.  It's become tiresome watching most of this board gloss over this elephant in the room for so long. Every excuse in the book has been posted here, and it's all over.

The day I see Brady be the QB he used to be for 3 games in a row in January and Feb, that's when he;ll hoist another Lombardi.  QB league, offensive era. It's mostly up to the QB vs QB battle in these games.  If he is significantly worse than the other team's QB by his own poor play (not what a D is doing to him and the offense), then that's on our QB.

Yes, multiple thousands of fans likely see exactly what I've seen from Brady in the postseason because it's IMPOSSIBLE to ignore at this point.

[/QUOTE]

But Queenie, Montana had more INTs than TDs in title games in his last two years.

[/QUOTE]

Dear lord I belive Montana didn't go to any title games his last 2 years, He was on the declinein KC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not delusional, but certainly slightly disingenuous in not stating he needs to better himself in January or February.

None of this "we" crap.   Our SB winning teams never played picture perfect football in all 3 phases in SBs. We never had a STs TD, never kept leads via our Ds.

We lost two SBs, a myriad of other playoff games because of multiple offensive turnovers and his fading play in the postseson.  It's tiring seeing him act like he's not responsible. 13, 14, 17 points from our offense sucks for what it's capable of.

3 TDs and 6 INTs since 2007 in his last 3 AFC title games (not counting his 2nd INT in this year's AFC title game) at home is not cutting it, Tom.  We've played ZERO road games in the playoffs (minus neutral SBs) and he's flat out struggled. He, himself, the chosen way to lead the offense.  Him. 

It's literally all up to him now.  If he plays smarter, throws better, doesn't have to be in the shotgun or throw 45 times in a game where you have leads, start targeting more players in the passing game instead of relying on 2 guys, then we have a very good chance to see Brady win another, possibly 2 more before he hangs it up. It's literally all up to him. If he learns to trust more, not act like he's above some younger players on the team, stop with the hands on the hips, pouting, stare downs, etc, and learn to scramble again, take a sack instead of an INT, etc, we can see him win another.

The SBs have only become "hard to win" when the QB has made it more about him throwing it more.

He left the last two Superbowls with a lead and the defensive failed the team. Regardless what you think of Brady even you can't deny one more defensive stop in two games would mean two more Super Bowls, and probably two more MVP's for Brady.

[/QUOTE]

What did he do earlier in those games?  The fact is, if the D isn't getting 2 turnovers for him as a guarantee whether it be Rivers with a torn ACL throwing 2 INTs to Samuel in the 2007 AFC title game or Spikes picking Flacco in the 2011 AFC title game, then he can't help us put up points with his preferred raced to 40 passes with leads.

The stalling of the offense over multiple successive qtrs of these games in recent years, is more the problem than a gassed D allowing points late in a playoff game.

All of our SB winning Ds allowed TDs with 2 minutes (or less) to go. 

What does that tell you? It tells smart people that you have to put up at least 20 points to win. And, that doesn't mean wait until the final 5 minutes to try to do that either.

Ugh.

Get over it. He's played poorly or in mediocre fashion.  That's been our main problem in 2007 or 2011 or 2012. 

Only he can be the best QB he can be when it counts.  It can't be the back up defensive lineman and how good he's supposed to be our whoever else you want to put more pressure on. If Brady is the GOAT, why do people brag only about his stats in the regular season and then ignore how he plays in the postseason?

It's completely disingenuous.

[/QUOTE]

It really doesn't matter how Brady played. He put his team position for the win and the defense blew it. It both situations all the needed to do was keep them in field goal range. The defensive blew it. Accept it and move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I give Brady a 2-year window to win another SB while he is on the team.   I just can't see him playing at the necessary elite level beyond 2014.

Umm, he didn't have "elite" regular seasons while winning SBs. In fact, no real Pats fan cared about his stats in the regular seasons.  He would play even better in the postseasons than he did in regular seasons because he wasn't hellbent on padding stats like he has been after he won 3 SBs and wanted to expand his resume doing what Gomer was doing. The truth hurts, I get it. But, ego can be a dangerous thing.

So, after 2004 Brady had 3 SBs and PM had ZERO, but TB wanted to expand his resume to match PM???  Lay off the brown acid.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Brady has no ego, hasn't mirrored Gomer's career from 1999-2005 in his recent seasons calling out the Mike LB and using a lot more shotgun and passing from the 2 yard line, nor has he been worse, much worse like Gomer always was in his overrated years.

Yep. Sure. It's all a mirage and a coincidence he looks JUST LIKE GOMER now when he used to perform better than Gomer doing all the things Gomer and his ego wouldn't do to win close games or lean more so on others on the team to win games.

Yep.

It's all about brown acid for someone to come to that conclusion. LOL

NEWSFLASH: There are thousands of Pats fans who see what I see. No brown acid needed. No acid needed. It's called reality.

Until he takes that sack, runs ahead for 3 yards and slides, makes the right decision and is smarter over 4 qtrs again in a title game or SB, there is no point in arguing.  Our D isn't pitching a shutout in a SB and they aren't keeping a team to under 14 points in a title game or SB. No team is.

Show me, Tom. Show me.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have family and friends that agree with me. Does it really matter how many fans have been very disappointed by his play and our honest about it, as opposed to some googly eyed teenie bopper running around the internet calling him the GOAT, so arrogantly so?

Last time I checked, Montana wasn't fading in the posteason 10 years into his career.

It's not like this is one game or one postseason either. It's been going on since he was spoiled beyond belief in 2007 with passing weapons.

When he threw the 3 INTs on the road in SD in the 2006 divisonals, when you were 15 years old (lol), he was a better QB than he was in 2007 in the AFC title game when he threw 3 INTs at home (one in the end zone).

You can disagree all day long, but with less talent around him, he was a better QB than with greater talent around him.  Less stats and production, but a better QB.

Get off your troll high horse too.  It's become tiresome watching most of this board gloss over this elephant in the room for so long. Every excuse in the book has been posted here, and it's all over.

The day I see Brady be the QB he used to be for 3 games in a row in January and Feb, that's when he;ll hoist another Lombardi.  QB league, offensive era. It's mostly up to the QB vs QB battle in these games.  If he is significantly worse than the other team's QB by his own poor play (not what a D is doing to him and the offense), then that's on our QB.

Yes, multiple thousands of fans likely see exactly what I've seen from Brady in the postseason because it's IMPOSSIBLE to ignore at this point.

[/QUOTE]

But Queenie, Montana had more INTs than TDs in title games in his last two years.

[/QUOTE]

Dear lord I belive Montana didn't go to any title games his last 2 years, He was on the declinein KC.

[/QUOTE]

Dear lord is right. I weep for the future. You two idiots with the worst reading comprehension on the board apparently didn't see where I wrote "he wasn't fading 10 years into his career".

Montana was drafted in 1979.  By 1989, he was winning his 4th ring and arguably the best work of his career was being done. They beat Denver 55-10 that year and he had like 5 TDs in the game.

I'd suggest reading what I write instead of showcasing horrendous reading comprehension skills combined with troll work.

Congrats, you are no different than our Jets tool troll, Bustchise/Fat Virgin from New Jersey.

He's the same tool who claims he played in the NFL and claims Sanchez is not a bust, mind you.

So, congrats!

[/QUOTE]

That comment wasnt for you it was for bustchise.I looked up what i was saying and was wrong he did go to one title game with KC and lost.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Didn't u know? Everyone knows it's solely Brady's fault....lol. Only maroons really think so.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The facts are that no team has ever won a SB while their D allowed a 75% completion, failed to register even 1, 3 and out and one int or fumble recovery and NEVER stopped the opposition in their own territory and or allowed an average of 9 plays and 3-4 first downs per possession, which all in all robbed their OWN OFFENSE OF POSSESSIONS.

The reason for a team NEVER WINNING A SB under those conditions is that it created a distinct advantage for the opposing QB who didn't have to worry about a defense that couldn't even do what an average or even poor D does on a daily basis.

TB didn't have that advantage.

That is all in conjunction with the fatal dagger to the heart, final play.

[/QUOTE]

What did he do earlier in those games?  The fact is, if the D isn't getting 2 turnovers for him as a guarantee whether it be Rivers with a torn ACL throwing 2 INTs to Samuel in the 2007 AFC title game or Spikes picking Flacco in the 2011 AFC title game, then he can't help us put up points with his preferred raced to 40 passes with leads.

The stalling of the offense over multiple successive qtrs of these games in recent years, is more the problem than a gassed D allowing points late in a playoff game.

What does that tell you? It tells smart people that you have to put up at least 20 points to win. And, that doesn't mean wait until the final 5 minutes to try to do that either.

Ugh.

Get over it. He's played poorly or in mediocre fashion.  That's been our main problem in 2007 or 2011 or 2012. 

Only he can be the best QB he can be when it counts.  It can't be the back up defensive lineman and how good he's supposed to be our whoever else you want to put more pressure on. If Brady is the GOAT, why do people brag only about his stats in the regular season and then ignore how he plays in the postseason?

[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ugh.

[/QUOTE]

It really doesn't matter how Brady played. He put his team position for the win and the defense blew it. It both situations all the needed to do was keep them in field goal range. The defensive blew it. Accept it and move on.

[/QUOTE]

Did you just say, it doesn't matter how our QB plays in a QB league with the rules favoring offenses?

Did you just say that? Did you? That pretty much means you KNOW NOTHING about football. Everyone and their mother is hoping to draft another Tom Brady so they can have a crack at a SB, but somehow it doesn't matter how Brady played in these games? 

You;re telling me 14 points, 13 or 17 is sufficient to win playoff games in this day and age, and for me to accept that is why we should have won?

If Sigmund Freud was alive today, he'd love to ge a hold of you.

[/QUOTE]

You are clearly muddying the point in order to avoid showing your lack of a point here. It doesn't make if Brady put 100 point or 3. If you leave the field in the 4th with a lead, it is solely the responsiblity of the defense to protect it. The defense couldn't do that it is that simple.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Welp the good news is that the Pats still have a decent RB corps (Vereen, Ridley, Blount) to take some pressure off Tommy Boy. The obligatory news is that the Pats have to be very healthy to make a serious playoff run(this pretty much applies to all playoff contenders). I'd like to see Gronk back by week 5 and remain healthy for the rest of the season and post-season for a change. And yes Brady can't turn the ball over and the defense needs to create turnovers for this team to be successful in the post-season.

With the loss of Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk (early on) many are wondering how/if their production can be replaced. The answer seems to be veiled in some uncertainty: Will Amendola's production equal that of Welker? Who becomes the #2 WR Dobson or Boyce? What type of production do the Pats get from the TE spot with AH gone and Gronk and Ballard on the PUP list? All valid concerns. The Pats could use more of the run game and split Vereen wide.

The D has Wilson, Armstead, and Kelly along with some rookies. The pre-season should give us fans a glimpse of their potential and who might stick and won't. Personally I want to see what a bulked up, healthy Chandler Jones can do in a full season. Would also be interested to see what kind of PT Collins and Ryan get, and if any of the DE/OLB types the Pats drafted emerge as pass rush specialist.

I don't think Brady is delusional. I expect the leader of team to retain some optimism and no QB is going to say his team s---ks and has no chance at a SB this early in season (it;s not even the pre-season yet!).

If the Pats start the season 0-4 or 1-3 then I expect all the chicken littles will crawl out of the woodwork and loudly exclaim how right they were. The measure of any good team is overcoming adversity and after losing some quality players (see Ravens too) I still expect the Pats to win their division; after that alot of good things (health) need to happen for a Super Bowl run, but that applies to every other contending team just as it applies to the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hit the reply button, no cut and paste.  It's on the top.  You should know.  You did the same thing yesterday.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The facts are that no team has ever won a SB while their D allowed a 75% completion, failed to register even 1, 3 and out and one int or fumble recovery and NEVER stopped the opposition in their own territory and or allowed an average of 9 plays and 3-4 first downs per possession, which all in all robbed their OWN OFFENSE OF POSSESSIONS.

The reason for a team NEVER WINNING A SB under those conditions is that it created a distinct advantage for the opposing QB who didn't have to worry about a defense that couldn't even do what an average or even poor D does on a daily basis.

TB didn't have that advantage.

That is all in conjunction with the fatal dagger to the heart, final play.

[/QUOTE]

Ugh.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where is your response, Pezzy?   Did you cut and paste and then show a clear response? I fully expect the people who that bothers, to confront you and your laziness on that matter. lmao

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Welp the good news is that the Pats still have a decent RB corps (Vereen, Ridley, Blount) to take some pressure off Tommy Boy. The obligatory news is that the Pats have to be very healthy to make a serious playoff run(this pretty much applies to all playoff contenders). I'd like to see Gronk back by week 5 and remain healthy for the rest of the season and post-season for a change. And yes Brady can't turn the ball over and the defense needs to create turnovers for this team to be successful in the post-season.

With the loss of Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk (early on) many are wondering how/if their production can be replaced. The answer seems to be veiled in some uncertainty: Will Amendola's production equal that of Welker? Who becomes the #2 WR Dobson or Boyce? What type of production do the Pats get from the TE spot with AH gone and Gronk and Ballard on the PUP list? All valid concerns. The Pats could use more of the run game and split Vereen wide.

The D has Wilson, Armstead, and Kelly along with some rookies. The pre-season should give us fans a glimpse of their potential and who might stick and won't. Personally I want to see what a bulked up, healthy Chandler Jones can do in a full season. Would also be interested to see what kind of PT Collins and Ryan get, and if any of the DE/OLB types the Pats drafted emerge as pass rush specialist.

I don't think Brady is delusional. I expect the leader of team to retain some optimism and no QB is going to say his team s---ks and has no chance at a SB this early in season (it;s not even the pre-season yet!).

If the Pats start the season 0-4 or 1-3 then I expect all the chicken littles will crawl out of the woodwork and loudly exclaim how right they were. The measure of any good team is overcoming adversity and after losing some quality players (see Ravens too) I still expect the Pats to win their division; after that alot of good things (health) need to happen for a Super Bowl run, but that applies to every other contending team just as it applies to the Pats.

I actually don't think he's delusional....but his public statements are prolly a company line, and I don't expect anything different.

Don't forget that Ballard and Edelman is on the PUP.   For the offense, he was anticipated to at least contribute to blocking if not more.  Now, Welker and Hernandez is gone for good, Gronk and Ballard may not be available at the beginning of the season. 

Hopefully, the additions on defense will keep us in games early in the season - and get better by the end of the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Christ, you are one of the dumbest people I've ever seen.

Not as dumb as the guy you keep seeing in the mirror.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

NEWSFLASH: There are thousands of Pats fans who see what I see. 

REALITY CHECK: There are millions of Pats fans who disagree with your idiocy.

(BB for one) LMAO@U

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

As a fierce competitor, I would not expect him to say anything less - but IMO, the chances have very much dwindled - and would be (pleasantly) surprised if he came away with one more SB.

I think you are delusional to think Brady doesn't have a chance to win another SB. The offence is going to be better this year without a doubt. The Pats just got rid of the most drop happy receivering pair in the league and have replaced them with younger faster talent that won't drop as many.  Especially in the Superbowl. The D is going to be much improved this year. They have every bit as much of a chance to win the Superbowl as any other team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

[QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

As a fierce competitor, I would not expect him to say anything less - but IMO, the chances have very much dwindled - and would be (pleasantly) surprised if he came away with one more SB.

I think you are delusional to think Brady doesn't have a chance to win another SB. The offence is going to be better this year without a doubt. The Pats just got rid of the most drop happy receivering pair in the league and have replaced them with younger faster talent that won't drop as many.  Especially in the Superbowl. The D is going to be much improved this year. They have every bit as much of a chance to win the Superbowl as any other team.

[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Pats have a shot every year with Brady but to say the offense is going to be better this year is crazy talk, imo, I don't see it, especially since we have not seen them on the field yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Can he(Tom The Great Brady) get a real deal wideout, before you make your case.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

No, he's not...

Their biggest threat to getting there is Denver, IMO...Denver just lost their best pass rusher for 4 games for failing a drug test in 2011 for both peace weed and amphetamines....that, to me, is an indication that the dude is into drugs to play (amphetamines) and relax after (peace weed)...if he gets caught again, he and the Bronco's are in deep trouble....I don't trust drug users who are high paid pro athletes not to repeat use and not get caught again....what makes them any different than anyone else when it comes to drug use? ...in my experience most folks who dabble with more than one type of drug over a short period of time (peace weed stays in your system for 30 days) tend to dabble again, and on a somewhat regular basis.

So are you worried about Bolden, Talib, Spikes and Cunningham who all have one strike against them in the NFL drug program?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

dude, you need to learn how to read, drink some more koolaid, and take a laxative. Where did I say that the Patriots had no chance?

The offense is going to be better this year? Maybe. My guess is the passing game is going to have problems early on. Defense going to be much improved? Hopefully, but still unproven.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

OK, just one of the dopey things I just read: Pats can't win it all because Brady is too old, and the team that is most likely to represent the AFC is Denver? Yeah, that's logical...

This goes to the Brady can't win crowd, and to the they haven't won (and won't win ever) because the GM hasn't given him the tools gang: 

They came within two plays of winning two more Super Bowls, one a fluke and one just a failure to execute. If they win those games (or even one of them), Brady is unquestionably the greatest QB, if not the greatest player, of all time.

But because he didn't win those games, he can't win the big one anymore? That makes no sense.

Likewise, if they win those games (or even one of them), Bill Belichick is greater than Lombardi, greater than Halas, greater than all of 'em.  And it's not real close.

But because of two plays where his players were in a position to make the plays, and just didn't, he's a failure as a GM. Sorry, that's utterly ridiculous. That is like saying Sam Jones was better basketball player than Michael Jordan because he won a few more titles. 

If Tom Brady had been drafted by Cleveland, he'd have been a decent QB who would have won as many Super Bowls as me. And if Belichick had not drafted Brady, he'd have been a successful HC/GM but no way he'd have three championships and he'd probably be somewhere else by now.

In other words, they've been pretty good for each other.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

One more thing, which I've said before but can't be said enough. There is no formula for winning Super Bowls. It's random. It goes to the team that makes the playoffs and has the most luck and is playing the best at the time.

It's not about personnel. Baltimore's personnel was not better than New England's or San Fran's or Denver's. They got hot and lucky. Vegas has them at 8.5 wins this year. Not that Vegas is infallible, but that's based on personnel. 

The Giants personnel was not better than any of the teams they beat in 2011. Does anybody want to argue that New England was a better football team in any respect personnel wise than the Rams in 2001?

And on and on.  It's the exception that the best team wins the Super Bowl.  It's not about collecting the most talent. You need a very good to great QB and then you need to get hot at the right time, get some breaks and that's about it. There's your formula.

Sections
Shortcuts