Brady does not win another one

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Brady does not win another one

It's not that Brady is'nt still an elite QB I believe He is. The problem is he only has a few years left, if that and the Pats look horrible in the cap dept along with a few unknowable happennings like losing Hernandez. Here's the problem #1 Brady has no real outside recievers and if Dobson and Thompkins dont improve  within the next 6/12 months(2014 season) the Pats will have to find one from free agency? And with Hernandez on the books in 14 for big money along with the useless DA getting his 4/5 million  I just don't see where Bradys weapons will come from? And if Gronk cant stay healthy for a complete season, which is a big if, then what will the passing offense look like? You dont play Brady to hand the ball off? On the Defensive side after giving up OVER 500 yards of offense to the Broncos, the Pats are hoping Dennard,Logan Ryan, and Harmon can make a big jump? Talib will cost too much and with VW with an achilles tear and Tommy Kelly coming back from injuries, (And these guys are not young), there is no certainty there. Ridley has to be the everydown back and I see the running backs as the strength of the team. The Offensive line has Connolly and Wendall as free agents and with Vollmers injury history can he be counted on? Holes to fill here! Now to the draft where most likely BB will trade down and pick 12 players from the late 2nd-6th rounds who will turn out average with maybe one or too being productive. So where do the Pats line up for Bradys last 2-4 years? My prognosis will not make me any friends on this site as I see a steady decline in the Pats winning ways and 0 more SBs for the man that made the Pats enjoyable to watch the last 12 years. Thank you TB for all the great memories, and that, in my opinion is what us Pats fans are relagated too. Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Re: Brady does not win another one

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

It's not that Brady is'nt still an elite QB I believe He is. The problem is he only has a few years left, if that and the Pats look horrible in the cap dept along with a few unknowable happennings like losing Hernandez. Here's the problem #1 Brady has no real outside recievers and if Dobson and Thompkins dont improve  within the next 6/12 months(2014 season) the Pats will have to find one from free agency? And with Hernandez on the books in 14 for big money along with the useless DA getting his 4/5 million  I just don't see where Bradys weapons will come from? And if Gronk cant stay healthy for a complete season, which is a big if, then what will the passing offense look like? You dont play Brady to hand the ball off? On the Defensive side after giving up OVER 500 yards of offense to the Broncos, the Pats are hoping Dennard,Logan Ryan, and Harmon can make a big jump? Talib will cost too much and with VW with an achilles tear and Tommy Kelly coming back from injuries, (And these guys are not young), there is no certainty there. Ridley has to be the everydown back and I see the running backs as the strength of the team. The Offensive line has Connolly and Wendall as free agents and with Vollmers injury history can he be counted on? Holes to fill here! Now to the draft where most likely BB will trade down and pick 12 players from the late 2nd-6th rounds who will turn out average with maybe one or too being productive. So where do the Pats line up for Bradys last 2-4 years? My prognosis will not make me any friends on this site as I see a steady decline in the Pats winning ways and 0 more SBs for the man that made the Pats enjoyable to watch the last 12 years. Thank you TB for all the great memories, and that, in my opinion is what us Pats fans are relagated too. Go Pats!

Well, I guess we will just have to wait and see how BB addresses what you see as the PATS deficiencies.  And I'm rather certain that he is well aware of each and every point that you have brought up, and probably a slew of others that you may have overlooked.  But, based on what he has accomplished over the past few years, I, for one, am not inclined to write off the 2014 season just yet. 

And not to be snarky, but it's relegated to: (consign or dismiss to an inferior rank or position).  And I'm not buying into that at all.  But keep your chin up, and keep the faith, BB may just bestow upon us another miracle season as that to which we just witnessed this past season.

GO PATS!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Da mn it!! I wish you had been here in 2004 to tell us, then we could have gotten rid of Brady straight away.....gawrsh darn it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Facts are Facts, the Pats have been carried by Brady for many years now and have benefited from a weak division.

But if they don't make some moves in FA or hit on the draft, then things will look bleak next year.  

Don't be fooled by the Pats record, they split against a weak Jets team and Dolphins.  They almost lost to an awful Bills team opening day.  If it was for a lucky bounce, they would have lost to the woeful Browns.

If the Pats lose Edelman next season, things will get scary.

I don't have alot of faith in BB revamping the roster, when FA pickups of last year included Jake Ballard, Leon Washington, and Adrian Wilson.  Passing on Cordell Paterson for dropson, doesn't make me feel much better either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady will not win another SB with this team as long as BB is GM. Guaranteed.

His best chance would be to get a trade out of the mediocre GM work of BB to a good team that could use an elite QB to get them over the top.

Even if BB were replaced tomorrow by an outstanding GM, it is unlikely all the holes could be filled before Tom calls it quits. It is possible that 3-4 sensational moves in the near future could swing it, but even the best GM imaginable isn't likely to pull that many blue chip rabbits out of his hat in a -short time.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Let's not lose sight of the one over riding factor in this entire equation. Yes, BB pulls every string in the organization and sets the tone of how the team will play and who will play. He orchestrates who gets paid what. 

However the mission statement for the team is stated by the owner. This team wants to be very good every year, have a s hot to get to the SB and sell out the stadium every game. Pats place needs to be teeming with people wearing pats jerseys. Kraft needs to pass down the edict, "go for it" and we will deal with the salary cap fall out down the road. This has proven to be fatal in other places. Would it be fatal here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Facts are Facts, the Pats have been carried by Brady for many years now and have benefited from a weak division.

But if they don't make some moves in FA or hit on the draft, then things will look bleak next year.  

Don't be fooled by the Pats record, they split against a weak Jets team and Dolphins.  They almost lost to an awful Bills team opening day.  If it was for a lucky bounce, they would have lost to the woeful Browns.

If the Pats lose Edelman next season, things will get scary.

I don't have alot of faith in BB revamping the roster, when FA pickups of last year included Jake Ballard, Leon Washington, and Adrian Wilson.  Passing on Cordell Paterson for dropson, doesn't make me feel much better either.

[/QUOTE]

Would it make you feel better to know that had BB not passed on Cordell Patterson, the PATS would not have gotten Collins?

The draft is somewhat like an Easter egg hunt, you can't fill your basket without everyone else getting a chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

That is so 2013.  The story of 2014 will be a whole new story.  Never say  NEVER! Tom Brady plays to win. It all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Da mn it!! I wish you had been here in 2004 to tell us, then we could have gotten rid of Brady straight away.....gawrsh darn it!

[/QUOTE]

LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think he still has a chance

Sections
Shortcuts