Brady era

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Re: Brady era

Brett Favre was the cause of both Patriots seasons where we didn't go to the playoffs. He couldn't beat the Jets in the 4PM game in 2002 to get us in. On the Jets, he couldn't beat the Dolphins in 2008 to get us in, especially with that horrible pick at the end of the game. We can also blame him for not beating the Giants in 2007, so he cost us a Super Bowl championship Pre-Brady, he cost us a Super Bowl in 1997, but that was excusable since he didn't lose. Although, we can probably thank him for teaming up Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez to hand us the AFC East for the next 10 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Noah...I thought 2006 was his finest year.  I know 2007 and 2010 were statistically better...but look what he was dealing with.  He was throwing to the likes of Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel for a couple games (or was that 2005?), an aging Troy Brown, and Jabar Gaffney (who was a mild surprise).  Brady lifted those guys up and put the team on his back. 

This year though, O'Brien is simply choosing to do more with less.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Brady era:
    [QUOTE]I heard there is one problem over 4 quarters and his name is Brady. 
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]
    Now I know why I've had you on ignore...  I regret removing that now!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Will forgive him for the 9-7, after all it was his first full season and wedged between superbowl years.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]
    Why are you putting a 9 - 7 season on Brady?  I thought this was a TEAM game!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

[QUOTE]This year may be Brady's best yet. When has he had to do more with less?
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

This

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If Brady doesn't win a thing till his retirement I'm good with what he's done.He has by far exceeded any expectation I had. He was 4th string at one time, I wondered why we kept 4 when we had Drew.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady era : Hey Shel !!!! Top three QBs during my time would be TFB, Steve Grogan and then Drew. Could not get over Steve still having a record for QB running TDs that Newton just broke a week or so ago.  Do you...or anyone else... know if Steve did it during a 14 or 16 game season?
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

My top during my time
    Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Montana
    Marino
    Young
    Elway
    Kelly
    Namath
    Bradshaw
    Grogan

Rodgers may jump in way up on that list in a few more years.  These are off the top of my head, and I may have forgotten some, but TB an Manning are clearly 1 and 2 in my book.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I'd be happy with 3 more good seasons.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Same here. But if he can still line up and be somewhat mobile maybe he can play till he's forty. 

We should be developing his replacement in the next two years so there is a seamless interuption when TB rides off into the susnet. I don't see Hoyer or even Mallett as that replacement.

hate to see what happened to dolts happen to the Patriots some day becasue we didn't prepare for the QB transition.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]Brett Favre was the cause of both Patriots seasons where we didn't go to the playoffs. He couldn't beat the Jets in the 4PM game in 2002 to get us in. On the Jets, he couldn't beat the Dolphins in 2008 to get us in, especially with that horrible pick at the end of the game. We can also blame him for not beating the Giants in 2007, so he cost us a Super Bowl championship Pre-Brady, he cost us a Super Bowl in 1997, but that was excusable since he didn't lose. Although, we can probably thank him for teaming up Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez to hand us the AFC East for the next 10 years.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

Damn you Brett Favre.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Brady era": Grogs had 12 rushing TD's in 1976, in 14 games. Once upon a time he was a serious threat as a runner. Had 500+ yards in 1978, also in 14 games. And those who say Drew was only good enough to hand off are dead wrong. For long stretches when the Pats were awful he was one of the few reasons to watch. Without him the stadium probably doesn't get built and they play in Hartford instead. And he was THE major reason they get to the SB in 1996. If they could have tackled Desmond Howard they may have won. And nobody sane wants Brady to hand it off 40 times a game. But 30 times might be nice, since they usually run 65-70 plays a game I think. Keeps our defense off the field and keeps Tom from takimg unnecessary punishment.
    Posted by RTSully6931[/QUOTE]
    And sadly, D. Howard did absolutely nothing after that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]Brett Favre was the cause of both Patriots seasons where we didn't go to the playoffs. He couldn't beat the Jets in the 4PM game in 2002 to get us in. On the Jets, he couldn't beat the Dolphins in 2008 to get us in, especially with that horrible pick at the end of the game. We can also blame him for not beating the Giants in 2007, so he cost us a Super Bowl championship Pre-Brady, he cost us a Super Bowl in 1997, but that was excusable since he didn't lose. Although, we can probably thank him for teaming up Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez to hand us the AFC East for the next 10 years.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]I think he should at least pronounce his name correctly. Fav-rey!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brady era : My top during my time Brady Peyton Manning Montana Marino Young Elway Kelly Namath Bradshaw Grogan Rodgers may jump in way up on that list in a few more years.  These are off the top of my head, and I may have forgotten some, but TB an Manning are clearly 1 and 2 in my book.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

Hey Shel !

I meant only Patriot QBs. All league, I like your list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]If Brady doesn't win a thing till his retirement I'm good with what he's done.He has by far exceeded any expectation I had. He was 4th string at one time, I wondered why we kept 4 when we had Drew.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

+1