Brady Future (Serious Fans Only)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Re: Brady Future (Serious Fans Only)

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, this continues to be the elephant in the room which is why this place is so out of control.

How many years do fans give Brady if he continues to show a lack of interest, stay out on the west coast, with Giselle, building houses, showing up on LA shows and acting like he doesn't want to be there, etc, vs be in New England working with his teammates?

I give it 2 more seasons before he just packs it in.    His lack of commitment, entitlement and attitude overall has worsened as has his postseason play, obviously.  I don't see it improving, but I also understand this is it now.  They can't trade him. We're stuck, good or bad. If it goes bad, he'll go down as one of the most overrated and coddled QBs ever with Peyton. He'll go down as Peyton who was with a better organization with better cap era management. Brady started to ruin himself making it about himself. It sucks, but it's the truth.  I simply do not trust Brady anymore.

I remember a trolling Tony Mazz article in 2009 which claimed Brady's window was closing as part of this new Globe anti-BB movement as if Brady was owed some kind of a gift. It made me laugh. It still does. This was after NE lost so many HOF type players like Brady was a victim for it.  Just sick to put him above the t

But, now it's 2014.  Brady has a choice and we will learn what that is these next 2 seasons. I readily admit, I will be shocked if Brady checks the ego now. Giselle has destroyed this team by apparently ruining the once humble and team-centric Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Have a good night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I'll say 3 years.  If he has a good year this coming season he could buy a year or two if he wants them.  I didn't see a great QB at the beginning of the year.  Yes, there were dropped balls but there were plenty of bad throws in the mix too.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Maybe Rusty wants the days of old back!  You know, when the team was led by champions like Steve Grogan, Tony Eason and Drew Bledsoe! LOL!!  Remember watching them from the old bleachers!!  Haha!!  Loser!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe Rusty wants the days of old back!  You know, when the team was led by champions like Steve Grogan, Tony Eason and Drew Bledsoe! LOL!!  Remember watching them from the old bleachers!!  Haha!!  Loser!

[/QUOTE]

The Razor is "The house that Brady built".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Actually the Razor was being built with or without Brady since it was built in 2002. But on another note Brady is not going anywhere since he is building a mega mansion in the Boston area that will rival the one out on the west cost. Me thinks he will be with the team in some capacity even after his playing days are over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Brady will play out his contract.  I give him 2 or perhaps 3 years of being Brady.  All bets are off after that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

It always comes down to the d. If you have a subpar defense you will lose big games like the Pats have. It is a shame for Brady to litterally pull games out of the fire and just have the season collapse because of the defense, in terms of ego this is silly. He took a lot less money to help the team sign less money. Which QB'S out there would have won 12 games with that group of recievers and that defense at the end of the season. This team because of injuries had a real lack of talent coming into the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dude, Brady's ego is as big as anyone's in sports, without question. You don't think Gomer has an ego?

I think he only gets off when he's entertaining himself by passing for a TD, which is when you use the "high school QB" comparison. He's not as impressed when they run it in for a TD. Ever notice that?

He's more giddy around Gronk or the other elite players on offense for stats.

[/QUOTE]

I do notice the run/pass TD celebration differential at times. sometimes he is all over the RB giving high-5's and such.

Brady's ego doesnt worry me Rusty.

BB builds the team and keeps the shotgun that you hate. BB makes that call as well.

When it comes down to it, Brady needs to play better in the playoffs and BB needs to improve the defense more (or just hope they stay healthy) and we get that. BB hasnt had an above average D since 2007. This year would have been but sadly injuires were like the bubonic plague this year.

everything needs improvement

[/QUOTE]

But, does Brady hold accountability? Show the board an article critical of Brady. 

[/QUOTE]

Brady isn't accountable to the globe or ESpN. He is accountable to bb and Kraft. 

Every time someone brings up the pats D, you seem to deflect. For the purpose of this post, I will stay to your question.

all pro athletes have egos. They are all hyper confident types and enjoy the competition. Why else would you play a pro sport other than the money. the point you bring up is, does Brady's ego affect his play? I don't know how to say yes or no because its impossible to answer.

does Brady's age affect his play? Yes of course, happens with every player Russ. 

PI don't think Brady shows any lack of commitment. I think he is one of the most hard working and committed players there is. What you might be picking up on is frustration. Maybe he is frustrated with what he was dealt on offense, or the state of the defense. maybe he's frustrated because he feels he has to carry the team and is growing weary of it. I don't know, but these things would seem to frustrate the normal human, why not him? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, this continues to be the elephant in the room which is why this place is so out of control.

How many years do fans give Brady if he continues to show a lack of interest, stay out on the west coast, with Giselle, building houses, showing up on LA shows and acting like he doesn't want to be there, etc, vs be in New England working with his teammates?

I give it 2 more seasons before he just packs it in.    His lack of commitment, entitlement and attitude overall has worsened as has his postseason play, obviously.  I don't see it improving, but I also understand this is it now.  They can't trade him. We're stuck, good or bad. If it goes bad, he'll go down as one of the most overrated and coddled QBs ever with Peyton. He'll go down as Peyton who was with a better organization with better cap era management. Brady started to ruin himself making it about himself. It sucks, but it's the truth.  I simply do not trust Brady anymore.

I remember a trolling Tony Mazz article in 2009 which claimed Brady's window was closing as part of this new Globe anti-BB movement as if Brady was owed some kind of a gift. It made me laugh. It still does. This was after NE lost so many HOF type players like Brady was a victim for it.  Just sick to put him above the t

But, now it's 2014.  Brady has a choice and we will learn what that is these next 2 seasons. I readily admit, I will be shocked if Brady checks the ego now. Giselle has destroyed this team by apparently ruining the once humble and team-centric Brady.

[/QUOTE]

I'll be quick and make this simple (for the 100th time): 

your D blows and without Tom Brady you win 8 games a year

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I would put it closer to 6.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[QUOTE]

But, now it's 2014.  Brady has a choice and we will learn what that is these next 2 seasons. I readily admit, I will be shocked if Brady checks the ego now. Giselle has destroyed this team by apparently ruining the once humble and team-centric Brady.

[/QUOTE]

What a Troll you are .What does living on the west coast have to do with anything?Did you know he is from the west coast?What being married to one of the most beautiful women is a bad thing?Now please come up with some real excuses!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[QUOTE]

How about some honest ones?  Wouldn't that be nice on this board? This board is littered with BBWs or people who are delusional or disingenuous.

Again, IMO, it's 2 years before he retires. At best, 3.  Giselle has him locked down.  

[/QUOTE]

Wow your a genius get say this and predict it.What wait Brady said he wanted to play till he was 40 hmm 2 to 3 yrs brings him to that.So please stop with tring to predict something brady said himself and pull it off like you seen this coming lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

This dead horse has not only been beaten, it's been smeared all over the ground. Gee, the board jester thinks Brady has an ego, and is ruining our team.

We get it you clueless idiot, you think Brady is our problem. Now go back down to the basement, start watching the many DVR'd episodes of the Price is Right, and let the adults talk football.

My God, just how many times do we have to have this same ridiculous argument? I'm not sure what's more disturbing......seeing this same tired agenda surface here weekly....or the people who continue to argue with this baffoon?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Say this about Brady's time here -- every year the Pats have a chance at a SB.  Whether you believe it has been the coach & GM, Brady, or both, this team has a chance every year.  I don't believe either Belichick or Brady would have been as successful without the other.  I think both the coach/GM and the QB need to be better if they want to cement their legacy.     

I can buy that Brady has 2-3 years of very good play left in him.  What will BB do over that time to give this team its best chance to win another SB?  Get back to building an offensive juggernaut?  Well, they've loaded up on offense in the past with limited results.  Will he try to build on D to make Brady's job easier?  That seems like a solid strategy.  

One way or another, it seems like BB needs to start thinking about building this D to 1) make Brady's job easier while he's here and 2) have a plan in place to be a defensive oriented team once Brady leaves.  The next QB walking throught that door ain't gonna be a Tom Brady. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You better hope its more than two years. BB's legacy will take a bit of a hit with 3-4 seasons without his brady binky.

34-17 pats going away?  Who would ever listen to you..fool.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Plenty of articles critical of Brady. 

example

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/928901-why-tom-brady-is-the-most-overrated-quarterback-in-nfl-history

plenty more out there. 

If a QB is a bad fit for a team year after year that is the failure of the coach and GM. 

There is no way around that point. None. 

[/QUOTE]

Right, but the cap hit to deal him is too much. What was BB supposed to do? 

[/QUOTE]

Be a better GM.

[/QUOB

So true. BB has failed to evolve with today's NFL. Sad but true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Gomer is showing his age and Brady has the LA thing to do with Giselle.  

[/QUOTE]

Brady is showing his age as well. The deep ball has been less accurate as the seasons have gone on since 2010 imo. He over shoots them a lot imo..

[/QUOTE]

If Brady overshoots his receivers on deep balls, it may be that while he still has arm strength, he's lost the touch on the deep balls or that he needs to work with his receivers and practice more!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I think that Tom Brady is happy to make something-teen million dollars a year, versus retiring and doing next to nothing with his life. 

Brady is in remarkable shape for his age.  He has one significant hit on him, a reconstructed knee.  Peyton Manning is a virtual Frankenstein's monster of medical technology by comparison.

I've seen nothing to show that his skills have diminished, except he had garbage for receivers this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that Tom Brady is happy to make something-teen million dollars a year, versus retiring and doing next to nothing with his life. 

Brady is in remarkable shape for his age.  He has one significant hit on him, a reconstructed knee.  Peyton Manning is a virtual Frankenstein's monster of medical technology by comparison.

I've seen nothing to show that his skills have diminished, except he had garbage for receivers this year.

[/QUOTE]

now you did it. Queue the Queen in 5,4,3,2,1....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

3 years, but he'd better be supported by an O line that can protect him or it could be a lot shorter

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But, does Brady hold accountability? Show the board an article critical of Brady. 

[/QUOTE]

Does Brady himself hold it? yes. most certainly.

he is a pure winnner.

can i find an article being critcal of TB? probably not. but he would be the first to say when he sucked and was subpar

[/QUOTE]

He has said he sucked but that doesn't stop the fanboys from blaming everything else under the sun for a loss.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Another great example of Babe's football knowledge and emotional maturity

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

If  this is  a thread for serious fans why dont you make a serious thread?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Really, Rusty?  You are such the "anti-Brady" here, to post such a question expecting most fans here to bow to your opinion of Brady is laughable.  You are so myopic in your view of the team in which its ills are at the feet of Brady.  In your eyes no one else on the team has contributed more to the ills (make that losses) of the Patriots these last few years than Brady.  I do not understand where you come off thinking he is egotistical, doing what he does only to pad his personal stats etc., doing what he wants to do to the detriment of the team, is a mystery.  The guy is the ultimate "team" player.  I'm not saying he has not had his ups and downs, as all players do, but, you paint a picture this guy is down all the time.

As to your question..  Until Brady starts to exhibit a startingly loss of skills in which the "folks in the know" see an apparent decline in his abilities to continue to be a top flight QB, he will be around for the remainder of his contract. I do not think you could even name a QB the Pats could ACTUALLY get that would make you happy to see replace Brady.  All you have done is complain and offer no solutions.  Secondly, maybe the Pats will give him a SOLID supporting cast like we see laid at the feet of QBs like Manning and Brees.  Something he has rarely benefited from.  Lastly, he will retire a Patriot.

Sections
Shortcuts