Brady getting respect from other team fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Brady getting respect from other team fans

I just saw the interview on Patriots.com with Tom Brady at the Charity Event at Gillette Stadium & happened to go to the ESPN Boston (I know most dislike it here) and saw the article on it.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11056894/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-says-score-only-stat-matters?ex_cid=espnapi_public#comments" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11056894/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-says-score-only-stat-matters?ex_cid=espnapi_public#comments

Check out most of the comments about Brady from other teams fans...was a bit surprised by it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Brady getting respect from other team fans

doesn't surprise me at all. Everyone knows Brady is still a Top 3 QB and that stupid article made them remember that again. Also all of TBs comments and team centered leadership makes every other team's fan want him even more. If they aren't the Saints, Packers and Broncos fans then they probably want a GOAT QB like Brady

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog: http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Professional commentator Sam Monson starts with the theory that quarterbacks have a stale date on them, like milk jugs, and once they pass that stale date they quickly start to smell bad. 

I'm willing to entertain this theory in general, but real life issues can be messier.  In practice, three things happen to QBs.  First, they get happy feet if they get hit too much.  This happens to young quarterbacks, the Sanchise comes to mind, and it's hard to correct once it happens.  Second, players' bodies pick up long term disabilities that don't show.  Sometimes it's luck that saves a quarterback from one of these disabilities, sometimes it's a quick release or knowing when and how to throw the ball away.  Third, people's minds go in this business.  They can't process things at NFL speeds any more.

ProFootballFocus has been doing quarterback numbers for all of June, and Brady's numbers are curious.  First, Brady threw well to the left and to the center but poorly to the right side of the field in 2013.  This might have something to do with Brady's mysterious shoulder injury, but it also might reflect that Brady has nobody open except Edelman's open all day, so he throws the ball 105 times to Edelman.   Edelman usually lines up on the same side of the field?

Next on the list, Brady is in the bottom half of NFL quarterbacks in the first quarter of the game but he's #1 in the NFL in the fourth quarter.  I can't think of a single injury reason why this might be true.  More likely, BB has figured out the opponent's defensive wrinkles by the fourth quarter.  Also, the Patriots are often way ahead by the fourth quarter and everyone in the stadium is expecting a running play, which makes Brady's occasional pass option wonderfully effective.  Next, it's entirely possible that BB has a number of gimmick plays and formations that he saves in the safe for when they can win the game.  Finally, everything that BB does from Brady's 25 second countdowns at the line to the offense's rushing up to the line has worn all of the tread right off of the entire defense's tires by the fourth quarter.

Next, Brady is #1 in the NFL at second and 4 to 7 yards.  Brady is actually lousy at third and 10.  My guess is that the hurryup is best executed between first down and second down.  If the Pats get 3 to 7 yards on first down then they rush up to the line and hike the ball immediately.  The defensive linemen are gasping for oxygen and one or more of them isn't even set to take the initial O-line surge, much less to bull-rush a tackle backwards. much less to coordinate anything.  Usually on third and 10 the running back is tuckered out after two plays and the third down back has to come in, which means that the defense also gets time to rotate in fresh quarterback-chasing bodies and reset.  Also, Brady can't run his famous play-action on third and 10.  No one expects a run for 10 yards unless it's a draw play.

Brady doesn't have any serious injuries at this point except for that long-term shoulder problem.  Josh McDaniels is keeping Brady on a pitch count during camp and preseason, I believe. 

As for Brady's mental stale date, I don't see evidence of it coming.  That date apparently varies from athlete to athlete.  For all we know, the mental stale date might have something to do with the severity of concussions that a player has taken.  Brady takes a few hits, but he has about the quickest release in the NFL and he often throws the ball away.  He's also pretty tall and heavy for a QB, which means less gee-forces on his brain during a hit.  Also, defensive coordinators have learned the hard way that you can't make a living blitzing Brady because he'll spot the hole and then fry your defensive backfield. If you want to stop or slow Brady then you have to create a coverage sack. So, Brady gets blitzed less and hit less.

Other teams' fans would be overly quick to see and claim that Brady ain't what he used to be.  None of them are seeing it.  I'm not either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Other teams' fans would be overly quick to see and claim that Brady ain't what he used to be.  None of them are seeing it.  I'm not either.

It's only visible if you are wearing Rusty's tinfoil hat. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Thanks for the post and especially liked Paul's comments. 

Although I do agree with all of Paul's points, I also think drop off is both inevitable and is underway. Now I don't think it means he's dropped off the cliff, but there are some chinks in his game compared to a decade or even 5 years ago. It's hard to determine however the impact they have in part because the offense success relies on the OL, RB and pass catchers. When your throwing to slater and mulligan in the afccg, or a bunch of rookies who are learning on the fly, or having to rely on an OL that is best up, injured, or missing your number one weapon in gronk, or letting welker go, its going to affect not only the stats but overall success of the O.

This is what rusty doesn't get. He's quick to offer excuses for a decimated D last year, but not willing to consider the challenges the O faced. And despite all those challenges, the pats O finished near the top in points scored, with Brady for a good part of the season simply using the will to win. I can't forget that pass to win the game against the saints. It was both beautifully times and very accurate. A sign he still has it in him. There were other times the accuracy looked off to the casual observer, but again, its hard to understand if its Brady or a combo of him and maybe a wrong route being run. 

In the end, he is still one of the best in the league. It will become apparent to those that don't get this only after he hangs them up for good and we seen how an offense gets run like 25 or so of the other teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The author of that article got his 15 minutes of fame.  Smiled all the way to the bank.

Secondly, imagine the uber uber career Brady could have had if the Pats put together an offense around him like the Colts and Broncos did around Manning.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Brady is a team guy. What more do you need? What does it matter if he is #1 or #5 as a QB? What does it matter if he is approaching 37? Desire, passion and willingness to work hard, be open, to give, to lead are the most important determinates of success. 

Brady has taken NE to a great place through a combination of his desire, skill and above all, his character. He is a model that transcends sports.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady is a team guy. What more do you need? What does it matter if he is #1 or #5 as a QB? What does it matter if he is approaching 37? Desire, passion and willingness to work hard, be open, to give, to lead are the most important determinates of success. 

Brady has taken NE to a great place through a combination of his desire, skill and above all, his character. He is a model that transcends sports.

[/QUOTE]

He pretty much says the same thing every offseason.  I go by what i see and the temper tantrums in recent years while throwing non-superstar under the bus, have been hard to watch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Professional commentator Sam Monson starts with the theory that quarterbacks have a stale date on them, like milk jugs, and once they pass that stale date they quickly start to smell bad. 

I'm willing to entertain this theory in general, but real life issues can be messier.  In practice, three things happen to QBs.  First, they get happy feet if they get hit too much.  This happens to young quarterbacks, the Sanchise comes to mind, and it's hard to correct once it happens.  Second, players' bodies pick up long term disabilities that don't show.  Sometimes it's luck that saves a quarterback from one of these disabilities, sometimes it's a quick release or knowing when and how to throw the ball away.  Third, people's minds go in this business.  They can't process things at NFL speeds any more.

ProFootballFocus has been doing quarterback numbers for all of June, and Brady's numbers are curious.  First, Brady threw well to the left and to the center but poorly to the right side of the field in 2013.  This might have something to do with Brady's mysterious shoulder injury, but it also might reflect that Brady has nobody open except Edelman's open all day, so he throws the ball 105 times to Edelman.   Edelman usually lines up on the same side of the field?

Next on the list, Brady is in the bottom half of NFL quarterbacks in the first quarter of the game but he's #1 in the NFL in the fourth quarter.  I can't think of a single injury reason why this might be true.  More likely, BB has figured out the opponent's defensive wrinkles by the fourth quarter.  Also, the Patriots are often way ahead by the fourth quarter and everyone in the stadium is expecting a running play, which makes Brady's occasional pass option wonderfully effective.  Next, it's entirely possible that BB has a number of gimmick plays and formations that he saves in the safe for when they can win the game.  Finally, everything that BB does from Brady's 25 second countdowns at the line to the offense's rushing up to the line has worn all of the tread right off of the entire defense's tires by the fourth quarter.

Next, Brady is #1 in the NFL at second and 4 to 7 yards.  Brady is actually lousy at third and 10.  My guess is that the hurryup is best executed between first down and second down.  If the Pats get 3 to 7 yards on first down then they rush up to the line and hike the ball immediately.  The defensive linemen are gasping for oxygen and one or more of them isn't even set to take the initial O-line surge, much less to bull-rush a tackle backwards. much less to coordinate anything.  Usually on third and 10 the running back is tuckered out after two plays and the third down back has to come in, which means that the defense also gets time to rotate in fresh quarterback-chasing bodies and reset.  Also, Brady can't run his famous play-action on third and 10.  No one expects a run for 10 yards unless it's a draw play.

Brady doesn't have any serious injuries at this point except for that long-term shoulder problem.  Josh McDaniels is keeping Brady on a pitch count during camp and preseason, I believe. 

As for Brady's mental stale date, I don't see evidence of it coming.  That date apparently varies from athlete to athlete.  For all we know, the mental stale date might have something to do with the severity of concussions that a player has taken.  Brady takes a few hits, but he has about the quickest release in the NFL and he often throws the ball away.  He's also pretty tall and heavy for a QB, which means less gee-forces on his brain during a hit.  Also, defensive coordinators have learned the hard way that you can't make a living blitzing Brady because he'll spot the hole and then fry your defensive backfield. If you want to stop or slow Brady then you have to create a coverage sack. So, Brady gets blitzed less and hit less.

[/QUOTE]

One of the more informed and helpful posts I've seen in this forum in quite some time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ plus 1, great post paul k!

[object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[QUOTE]

He pretty much says the same thing every offseason.  I go by what i see and the temper tantrums in recent years while throwing non-superstar under the bus, have been hard to watch.

[/QUOTE]

RUSS

No one is perfect. Not Brady or you. Still, we have never heard 1 former Patriot speak badly about Tom in any way. They have never made comments about many things (BB tight reign on communications or NE not wanting to pay) but never about Brady although they have had the opportunity. Your comments indicate you think Tom is a primadonna. I really think he is expressing normal frustration about missed opportunities or losses. I have no problem with that and I don't think any players do either. They all know TB is there for them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RUSS

No one is perfect. Not Brady or you. Still, we have never heard 1 former Patriot speak badly about Tom in any way. They have never made comments about many things (BB tight reign on communications or NE not wanting to pay) but never about Brady although they have had the opportunity. Your comments indicate you think Tom is a primadonna. I really think he is expressing normal frustration about missed opportunities or losses. I have no problem with that and I don't think any players do either. They all know TB is there for them.

[/QUOTE]

Did you just compare business decisions and likeability to bb and then pretend that equates to a player liking another player?

I am sure there are plenty of players who have come through here at the wr position who thought tom was a jackhole.

It took edelman, what 4 years to have the drawbridge opened for him out in la?

Brady is a primadonna.  So is gomer.  Let's not kid ourselves.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

And I'm sure there are plenty of posters here that DONT think you are a jack hole...

No wait, the only 3 that dont are all you. You're not fooling anyone rustchise!